It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This guy Tony has posted a video on youtube where he asserts that at least two yowies (Oz for Bigfoot) are circling, intimidating him and even throwing rocks at him.

It's dark and you can't see anything, but you can clearly hear the rock hit the ground. Tony is clearly freaked out.

www.youtube.com...

I watched the first and this follow up video and his terror seems genuine. Not sure what to make of it all, but I tend to believe him.

www.youtube.com...

So I sent Tony a message and he says he's been looking for proof of yowies for 25 years, but has never come this close before. He reiterated that he's never going into the bush alone after dark ever again.

edit to add youtube link because I don't think they've embedded properly.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by heffo7] 2nd edit to remove youtube attempt to embed

[edit on 13-4-2010 by heffo7]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi Heffo7,

Your links just take us into YouTube - any way you can provide direct links?

I'm interested as a while wrote a few pieces of 'music' about places in Oz.

One was called the 'Great Divide' and a another 'Yowie Valley' a tongue in cheek piece based in...The Blue Mountains. :-)

Peace!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nevermindme
reply to post by heffo7

Yea.

Could likely be abbos.
They stink, bad, like a primate. They have the same vocabulary as most primative primates. They can through stones. They live all over Australia.

But, they also attack, 100% of the time, if they outnumber their prey. ONLY if they outnumber their prey.

But hey, could also be Bigfoot, a?

So much prejudice and BS in so few words.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

I posted the direct links under the you tube blank boxes. I'll go back in and take out the boxes so it's less confusing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nevermindme

I can't believe you posted that. How can you lump a whole race of people under such appalling and general terms.

Really bad form man

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Hi!

Thanks for that - works perfectly! Great find.

Peace!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

No problem.

Sorry though I'm not familiar with the songs you've mentioned. Can't help you there mate.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

This is the worst piece of vile rubbish I have ever read on ATS ... I feel so very sorry for you.

reply to post by heffo7

This is where I live!!

Very excited to see this thread.

I know a lot of canyoners, climbers, caver and walkers who have lived hear for a very long time and have explored as much of The Blue Mountains as any one ... I am going to ask around as see if they have anything to say about this ... I will post back any info as soon as I have it.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Mate that WAS BS.
and what you said is a sad reflection of a sad mind.
good luck in your little world, i feel a little sorry for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e81ed41bf96.jpg[/atsimg]

as for the Yowies
what !??!
i haven't heard of a yowie in a while...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Hi Horza

I'd be fascinated to see what you come up with. If you google Blue Mountains Yowie you get quite a lot of information too. Seems like there is quite a bit of history in your area.

Aside for the previous bigoted poster, do you know any indigenous australians that you can tactfully ask if there is any local lore surrounding these creatures? Local tribes are the best source of the truth and they know the land better than anyone. Though they are sometimes and understandably reluctant to share if you don't take their stories seriously.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I enjoyed that and the guy seems an honest bloke. Another member Foofstar posted some threads about weird Australian stuff. His Yowie one's here. I haven't seen him around for a while. You can check his threads in his profile...some good ones if you're interested

Originally posted by nevermindme
reply to post by Kandinsky

You say 'prejudice and bs'. I say 'FACT!'.

You can think anything you like...not a problem. ATS is a good site and has rules. If you post this kind of stuff you'll just get banned. Is it really worth it? It isn't hard to write a comment or post an opinion without offending people or the site rules.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I love foofstar's stuff. Haven't seen him around here for a while though. He seems very knowledgable on this subject.

Thanks for reminding me!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Aborigines were the first inhabitants of the land you took from them.

How can you be so insensitive?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I'm not coming to nevermindme's defense - but as a non-indigenous Australian I can tell you that I didn't take anything from anyone.

I live alongside all races that comprise modern Oz and treat everyone I meet with dignity, courtesy and respect UNLESS they don't afford me the same courtesy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

They are probably original mankind.
So they should be treasured.
Certainly not disrespected.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

OK then ... seeing as though you say that this video was actually of a couple of the Wiradjuri tribe members throwing stones at Tony and not of the Yowie, why don't you post us the source of your "facts".

Yes, that would be very insightful ... your source please ...

Edit - Cmon gang ... lets not let a troll derail a very interesting thread. Lets see where it gets it's "facts" from and go from there ...

[edit on 13/4/10 by Horza]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join