It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
[edit on 13-4-2010 by alien]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

You should definitely start questioning yourself ...

If you understand this troll, maybe you too could provide us with some insight into why this video is more likely to show some Wiradjuri throwing stones that of Yowie??

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

They are probably original mankind.

What do you base this on?

en.wikipedia.org...
The earliest definite human remains found to date are that of Mungo Man which have been dated at about 40,000 years old, but the time of arrival of the ancestors of Indigenous Australians is a matter of debate among researchers, with estimates ranging as high as 125,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...
Anatomically modern humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in Africa in the Middle Paleolithic, about 200,000 years ago.

At best estimates your still 75,000 years short.

Plus I didn't rubbish aborigines. I just said lets stay on topic.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nevermindme
reply to post by Horza

Oh yeah, and the "FACT" that bigfoot's not real, so it can't be bigfoot, and as kangaroos don't throw stones, I deduce that it was simply just bushmen.

Well there appears to be an awful lot of people that are delusional then. If they're not real why are all of these sightings being reported?

www.yowiehunters.com...

Everyone's attention seeking? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

en.wikipedia.org...
The earliest definite human remains found to date are that of Mungo Man which have been dated at about 40,000 years old, but the time of arrival of the ancestors of Indigenous Australians is a matter of debate among researchers, with estimates ranging as high as 125,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...
Anatomically modern humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in Africa in the Middle Paleolithic, about 200,000 years ago.

Plus I didn't rubbish aborigines. I just said lets stay on topic.

I was about the bring this point up as well. Thank you for saving me the trouble friend

link   
reply to post by nevermindme

Ok then ... so, as I thought, absolutely nothing of any value, what so ever, to add ... ok ... no more feeding trolls

link   
reply to post by Horza

You should definitely start questioning yourself ...

Pull your head in & get a life. Lets just stay on subject.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

I was about the bring this point up as well. Thank you for saving me the trouble friend.

No wuckers mate. cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by nevermindme

Could likely be abbos.
They stink, bad, like a primate. They have the same vocabulary as most primative primates. They can through stones. They live all over Australia.
But, they also attack, 100% of the time, if they outnumber their prey. ONLY if they outnumber their prey.
But hey, could also be Bigfoot, a?

DUDE, I understand where you're coming from, but lets stay on subject.

Please tell me how agreeing with the troll is not being as much of a ignorant bigot as it is?

I would be very happy to be corrected, because I think I can only handle one ignorant bigot per night.

And I have being staying on subject.

I asked you to provide some sources that debunk the OP as stone throwing Aboriginals.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There a bloke around Canberra called Tim the Yowie Man, who claims to have seen a yowie in the Brindabillas. My backyard, go there when I can. Haven't seen anything yet.
Anyway this Tim runs ghost tours around Canberra, I'm going later this year, so hoping to talk to him about.
Tim
www.yowieman.com.au...
www.yowiehunters.com...
www.echonews.com...
Tours
www.destinytours.com.au...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Tim the Yowie Man, now there's a character.

Would love to go on one of those tours. Power to you man. I do hope you'll create a thread about the experience? Be a very interesting read I'm sure. Or feel free to add it here.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Please tell me how agreeing with the troll is not being as much of a ignorant bigot as it is?

acrux - DUDE, I understand where you're coming from, but lets stay on subject.

understand - a. To grasp or comprehend the meaning intended
www.thefreedictionary.com...

agree - To come into or be in accord, as of opinion
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Please let us stay on subject now as from now on I will ignore any silly comments from you.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I like Tim's tongue in cheek style ...

If you still can?t spot a yowie, Tim recommends practicing the loud mating call of this elusive beast. You need to make a noice that is the cross between a repetitive dingo yelping and an out-of whack chainsaw. Cup your hands around your mouth for maximum projection and choose a prominent landmark like on top of a large rock to maximise your chances of luring in a Yowie.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Tim the Yowie Man, now there's a character.
Would love to go on one of those tours. Power to you man. I do hope you'll create a thread about the experience? Be a very interesting read I'm sure. Or feel free to add it here.

Yes should be great, but unfortunately I cannot go until his August 2010 tour.

Tim had a big run in with Cadbury Chocolates over Yowie name
Sweet Victory for Tim the Yowie Man
Tuesday December 14th 2004.
Today, the verdict in one of Australia’s most high profile trademark battles was handed down by the Australian Trademarks Tribunal.
The decision resolves a three-year David and Goliath struggle which pitted Australian cryptozoologist, Tim the Yowie Man, up against multi-national corporate behemoth, Cadbury Schweppes.
In her comprehensive written decision, Trade Marks Hearings Senior Examiner, Rachel Dunn, found in Tim the Yowie Man’s favour, ruling that Cadbury’s opposition failed “in its entirety.”
Cadbury’s main opposition to Tim’s trademark of ‘Tim the Yowie Man’ was that it was deceptively similar to their ‘yowie’ range of confectionary.
Ms Dunn categorically dismissed Cadbury’s claims that children would become confused between their chocolate products and Tim the Yowie Man, adjudicating, “children are more sophisticated consumers than the opponent [Cadbury Schweppes] gives them credit for.”
“This isn’t just a win for Tim the Yowie Man, this is also a win for common sense and for the thousands of people around Australia (and the world) who have offered their support through what has been an emotionally and financially draining time,” said the mystery investigator.
Cadbury Schweppes have one month to decide whether to appeal the decision. However, Tim suggests, “only a very foolish party would appeal such a clear-cut decision.”
"It would be in everyone’s best interest for Cadbury Schweppes to return to making chocolate instead of instigating ridiculous time wasting legal battles,” said a jubilant Tim the Yowie Man.

Names 91 in top 100 Aussies ever
Cryptonaturalist named in top 100 blokes ever
Sydney, October 7, 2005
Crack cryptonaturalist, Tim the Yowie Man has been named in the Top 100 Blokes Ever.
The distinguished list, published in the November 2005 edition of men’s lifestyle magazine, Ralph, to celebrate its 100th edition, names ‘the most outstanding men Australia and New Zealand have produced’.
“It’s a real honour to be recognized in this way - just look at the others who made the list – it’s a real who’s who of Aussie legends,” says a chuffed Tim the Yowie Man who was named at the lofty heights of #91.
There’s certainly no doubt that Tim is in esteemed company – others to make the top 100 include war hero Sir Edward ‘Weary’ Dunlop, explorer extraordinaire, Sir Douglas Mawson, entertainers Graham Kennedy and Jack Thompson, and sportsmen David Boon and Mark Ella.
Although Tim the Yowie Man predominantly made the exclusive list due to his David and Goliath legal victory against confectionary giant Cadbury, over use of the word ‘Yowie,’ his other antics including a lifelong dedication to tracking Australia’s mysterious phenomena, breaking into the US survivor campsite in outback Queensland in year 2000, and successfully attempting to break the drought by shaking his rainstick in June this year, certainly did him no harm.
“Being named in this list even beats the day I spotted the Hawaiian lava tube mutant pig monster for the first time,” exclaims the elated real-life super sleuth - the only cryptonaturalist to make the list

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Just what I was thinking.

This thread has got me a bit juiced up!

I think that there is some Wiradjuri representatives that go to the local monthly Farmers markets.

I will try to have a chat with them as see what they say.

I might get a cool Dreamtime story to share.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I like Tim's tongue in cheek style ...

If you still can?t spot a yowie, Tim recommends practicing the loud mating call of this elusive beast. You need to make a noice that is the cross between a repetitive dingo yelping and an out-of whack chainsaw. Cup your hands around your mouth for maximum projection and choose a prominent landmark like on top of a large rock to maximise your chances of luring in a Yowie.

Mating call , I want to see a yowie, not been raped by one.
Owie Yowie

Yourself - doctor I was rogered by a horny yowie.
Doctor - yeah right.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I base this on the fact that the Australian aborigines are the first people around.

I could be wrong - please correct me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Horza

U2U me if your in Canberra, I answer as soon as I can.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I base this on the fact that the Australian aborigines are the first people around. I could be wrong - please correct me.

As posted earlier people in Africa 75,000 years before aborigines in Australia, so sorry to say but you were wrong & have been corrected.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by acrux

I base this on the fact that the Australian aborigines are the first people around.

I could be wrong - please correct me.

"Facts" are assumptions that are thrown around IMHO. Ever heard of Kow Swamp www.mysteriousaustralia.com...

Might want to check this out.

Also on the topic of Tim the Yowie Man, wasn't he the guy who stated that there were ancient pyramids in Oz (Gympie area I think) that the government bulldozed into the sea so that they didn't offend the official history.

Don't get me started on supposed facts

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join