It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy skies in the UK - Chemtrails? Contrails?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

So, you're willing to argue that an actual contrail can maintain visibility for 12 hours without evaporating?

Pay attention to 1:18, 1:31, 1:47, 2:10, 2:19, 2:40 and several other spots in the video... NO, i'm not saying these guys are dropping "chem-trails" but, I am alluding to the point that those are most certainly NOT "contrails" that they are leaving... and it even shows the delivery method for leaving exactly what remains in the skies over our heads... Perhaps instead of immediately reverting to some scientific explanation that we're expecting to believe just because a guy with a PhD says so, we use our inherent intuition and question the validity of said scientific explanation. Are they contrails? maybe.. Are they chemtrails? maybe.. Is there a more nefarious reason behind it? maybe... it is nothing? maybe.. If we continually search for science to help us, then we're asking for answers from people who get their funding from the very people who MAY be causing the actual problem.

Essan, now that i re-read what I wrote, it comes across more sinister than I have intended. Don't consider that an attack towards you.. It certainly wasn't!! It turned in to more of a rant that I had planned! hehe...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
hm.. My video didn't link.. sorry.. Go here www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neytiri

Ummm...as wet as it's been, and as full of clouds and vapor as the sky *is* how would a "dry patch" up there even be possible? I can see if it's in the tens of thousands of feet up there might be--but this one is right down here with the lower clouds just a day after major wind and rain....

Well firstly, the aircraft is tens of thousands of feet up there. And clearly it's nnot raining or you'd not be able to see the contrail.

But by 'dry patch' what is meant is an area of less humid air.

Just as sometmes there can be patchy fog - some places it'll dense and some places there is none at all - at sea level, so conditions can vary at higher altitude.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012

Essan, now that i re-read what I wrote, it comes across more sinister than I have intended. Don't consider that an attack towards you.. It certainly wasn't!! It turned in to more of a rant that I had planned! hehe...

No probs - and a great video

But all it shows is an aerobatic display team using specially fitted tanks to produce smoke at low level (ie below 10,000 feet) for effect. I remember seeing the Red Arrows do the same in the early 70s.

It's the same thing "sky writers" use to make smoke trails in the sky.

Contrails/chemtrails occur at much higher altitude where it's a great deal colder (-40f) and any water vapour from engine exhausts ready forms into ice crystals

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ummm...as wet as it's been, and as full of clouds and vapor as the sky *is* how would a "dry patch" up there even be possible?

You can get hot air rising in a column, bringing dry surface air up through various layers.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well I just got of a flight a few hours ago no doubt causing some contrails during the flight, what I would like to ask is all the chemtrail believers when they first noticed this ie how many years ago!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Ummm...as wet as it's been, and as full of clouds and vapor as the sky *is* how would a "dry patch" up there even be possible?

You can get hot air rising in a column, bringing dry surface air up through various layers.

*Dry* surface air from a previous two days of deluge hours earlier? Really? The ground is saturated and has standing water, temps in the 50's, 100% humidity, and there's hot air rising bringing dry surface air up through the layers? Just a weather anomaly, nothing more....I see.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hi

Personally I am not sure on the whole chemtrail thing. However I am sure that if it could be done then the military would certainly do it, and have done it in the past in the UK with regard to trying to control the weather.

Ok the reason for the post. These pictures were taken today at 07:40. For the past two days the con trails here have been crazy. Not surprising considering the amount of people stranded around the world. Air traffic will of course increase greatly. However the reason I took these pictures was to a) show the amount of con trails b) show the three jets flying quite closely, at the same altitude in the same direct. The one in the centre was slightly in the lead and the other two on the outside were flying level to each other. Now I know, when I say close they are not really that close, but I think they are close in aviation terms. But on that issue I am no expert and thought I would put the pics up for others benefit.

The time was 07:40 the direction of flight was due east. I am located in North Cornwall UK, east of Bodmin by a few miles. This would put me near Newquay Airport but not sure if the planes can achieve their 30,000 feet by the time they get to me. I wouldnt think so but again no expert.
Wind direction was South West.

Date of phots 24 April 2010 when looking at the photos the con trails go left to right of the picture. Due east is left in the pictures when viewing them.

As a side note I have heard of small plastic pellets being used in these chem trails. During a walk along the north cornish coast in Feb 2009 I saw millions of small different coloured beads. The size was

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There's a chemtrail right above my house now. I was looking out my window when I saw a plane speeding through the sky, going much faster than a commercial airliner. After about 5 minutes the trail started to widen and look more puffy like the pictures in the OP.

Also, the same day/day after the planes were allowed to fly after the ash cloud thing, the sky was absolutely full of chemtrails whilst I was walking to school. They looked as though they were in some sort of pattern. Like a web or a weave type pattern. Even some guy I saw said 'It looks like all the planes in the world have taken off all at the same time'.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
Even some guy I saw said 'It looks like all the planes in the world have taken off all at the same time'.

Well he was sort of right. There were a lot more flights than usual, which probably contributed to the pre-frontal contrailitis we experienced in England on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormwind™
I am located in North Cornwall UK, east of Bodmin by a few miles. This would put me near Newquay Airport but not sure if the planes can achieve their 30,000 feet by the time they get to me. I wouldnt think so but again no expert.

Most of the flights you see over Devon and Cornwall are transatlantic - you're right under one of the busiest air corridors in Britain.

Internal flights (performed by smaller aircraft) into Newquay will normally be coming in well below levels condusive to contrail formation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join