It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost and Hidden connection between Religions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The connections and surprising similarities between Religions...some are lost, some are hidden and some just unnoticed.

Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism like to pretend that they are completely different from each other or that one is vastly superiour to the other.
Neither the religious, nor the anti-religious are much help in uncovering the secrets of our origins and the Universe. But those going for inter-religious study and comparison will unlock doors that lead to realms beyond your wildest Imagination.

Extensive research of all five Religions (Ive read the books and witnessed the worship in all of them) has led me to the conviction that there seems to be some deliberate effort to conceal and distract from common roots for the reason that it would put puzzle pieces together giving humans "too much" knowledge and power. As if a spiritual message has been scrambled beyond recognition by being split into many branches. What follow is only the tip of the iceberg and I hope that through your research and additions more understanding can be gathered.

My interest in this subject was rekindled when, a few years ago on travels in India, I got acquainted with the head of a Hindu-sect or secret-society. He shared a piece of information with me that I have not found anywhere else up to now. This may be the first time its shared on the Internet. According to him the traditional Hindu symbol for God or The Source-of-All, OM...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5e6016687b8.jpg[/atsimg]

...is derived from a more ancient tantric symbol that looks like the Greek Hermes or Roman Mercury symbol (imagine a dot above the crescent, I didnt find a picture depicting it with the dot):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/463e637a7f1e.jpg[/atsimg]

This mystical adept explained to me that the symbol represents the major streams of Religion as predicted millenia ago. The cresent moon stands for Islam, the cross stands for Christianity/Judaism and the Circle stands for Hinduism/Buddhism.

He then went on to say that these three streams-of-energy are reflected in everything - language, music, mentality. So for example the Englilsh Language will look linear and straight, arabic will have a lot of half-moon-like shapes and Languages in India will look like a bunch of circles. When Hindu women sing, it is in circles, when muslim women sing it is often in crescent-waves and western music is indeed often quite linear. Some samples:

Arabic: عربية

English: LETTERS

Malayalam (South India): മലയാളം

In various ancient scriptures the crescent represents the soul, the circle represents spirit and the cross represents the physical universe (matter).

Some linguistic examples of lost Connections:

In India people go around singing to Krishna, praying to Krishna, devoting themselves to Krishna. But not all Hindus pronounce the name "Krishna", some use the Bengali "Krishta" or the southern Hindu "Krishtaia". In India it is not uncommon for the letters "n" and "t" to be used interchangeably.

So where did we get our word "Christ" from? We got it from the Greek "Khristos" which means Saviour. Who is to say that the Greek word does not originate in India from Krishta?.

Find a few dozen similarities between Krishna and Christ by checking in Google or reading here.

The same similarities go for and between every other Religion. We could mention the origins of the word Shal-OM, point to Christian-Sounding stories in Buddhism, show how Islam borrowed from Hinduism. But I leave it at this post for others to do some digging and looking.

The reason you dont read and find much on inter-religiousity is because the "Religious" believe anything other than what they believe is not worth looking into and the anti-religious believe all religions are bogus and have nothing of value to learn.

But once we dont see just one Religion as exclusively valid or invalid we can start seperating the wheat from the chaff and reclaim our spiritual side.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Indeed, the connections are there for all to see if they choose to look.

One thing most do not look for is the common ROOT of them all.

i.e. many stories in the bible being cannibalized from older religious texts, and rewritten to fit the bible story. Where did those stories come from? And is there a common ancestor between them all?

That's where it needs to be looked at the deepest.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

Im a big researcher in these matter, needless to say, i havent come across some of this info before! i would have to agree that this correlates with the story of "angels coming down a dividing us" through language, race and religion. i wish i knew more on this subject!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If all you ATSers would like to help remembering or digging up similarities to post, be my guest.

Weird similarities between Catholicism and Hinduism here.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I've always felt that all religions really believe and teach the same thing. The only thing that seperates them is the way in which they choose to tell the story.

I think that perhaps the texts are purposely set up this way because the knowledge contained within them collectively unlocks the mysteries of the universe, creation, etc. It's up to us to pay attention....

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Reminds me of the story of Buddha and the elephant. A whole bunch of men are arguing over the nature of God and come to see Buddha to ask him which one of them has the correct perception of God. He blindfolds them and sends them into a room with an elephant which they are allowed to touch but not see. One feels the trunk and describes it as a snake, one feels the leg and describes it as a tree, etc etc.

Buddha then explains that rather than arguing amongst themselves they should combine their perceptions and that would lead them closer to figuring out what it was in the room with them.

So by comparing religion we may find new truths about our own origins and the part that religion and spirituality play in our evolution.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is a site detailing the similarities between the stories Mithras and Jesus:

www.near-death.com...

Pictures of the Egyptian goddess, Isis with her son Horus and Mary with her son, Jesus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e285287567c.jpg[/atsimg]

Pagan / Christian festivals:

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...

The Vedas and Ancient Egypt:
www.vedanet.com...

The point I'm trying to get round to making is that, it appears to me, both Christianity and Hinduism have their roots in Sumer / Babylon / Egypt which might explain some of the things they have in common.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by berenike]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The organized religions of which we know today are just fictional personifications of what the ancients were truly fascinated by - the study of the heavens (sun, moon, stars, planets etc). Religions are all just fictional accounts of the study of the skies above.

I wonder in which century the religious fanatics will open a history book and finally figure it out. Hopefully before they themselves cause their superstitious Armageddon nonsense to occur and wipe us all out. All over silly superstitious nonsense that developed from astrology!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting contributions all.

Some similarities between Hinduism and Islam here.
(scroll down for list)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And even more interesting:

Buddhism and Christianity

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Im thinking that since every Religion discourages looking into other Religions, there is some "force" that would prefer us not to compare...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That's probably because some of the first religions stole their ideas from other rival civilizations. So it would be disastrous if one civilization learned that the faith of their enemies wasn't really an abomination against their god/gods but was actually very similar. Religion has been used as a tool of power to unite a community or group and to divide everyone else out as less than human because they believe differently.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
]unlimited similarities abound. The Sun. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by seagrass]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by seagrass]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So where did we get our word "Christ" from? We got it from the Greek "Khristos" which means Saviour. Who is to say that the Greek word does not originate in India from Krishta?.

Or vice versa. Krishna emerges in the 4th century BC, around the same time as Alexander was off conquering the 'world'. Much of the notion of the 'Once and Future King', or 'anointed one', can be traced to Alexandrian syncretism.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am guessing that there may be even more to the story because certain comparisons, when combined, unlock some interesting things.

Being familiar with all of the Religions allows me to see stuff in every Religion that you would not normally see.

There are probably not many that see muslim prayer as a yogic posture of a specific purpose. You'd need inter-religious knowledge to see that and make more accurate observations about their meaning.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Alexander's armies rode under the Sun banner, and Alexander gave himself the title Sun King. Interestingly, Judiasm is under the influence of Saturn, but as is often the case, the differences can be as telling as the similarities.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If the belief that Ages take on Astrological psychology/energy/influence then a good predictor of the future would be to research Aquarius. It's meaning. How new religions will evolve and what we will choose to take with us as truth. Religion evolves and tells a story just like a good book. The evolution of religions is a natural thing. Just like everything else. With the introduction of Science into the mix, we are ever constantly adjusting along the axis. Someday the two shall meet, and we must reconcile. Both have and carry the Truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Originally posted by seagrass

Alexander's armies rode under the Sun banner, and Alexander gave himself the title Sun King. Interestingly, Judiasm is under the influence of Saturn, but as is often the case, the differences can be as telling as the similarities.

Where is Saturn ruling Judaism. Tell me more. Saturn is an asshole. But we have to have restrictions if we are to have freedom..yes?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The internet technology allows the truth to be found easier. It is hard to hide religions from each other today. There are a lot less secrets with mass communication. The less differences we discover the more easily we can relate. It is a slow process, but I see it happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

How many religions have you studied. (Just interested)
???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join