It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If some predictions like this are right, then maybe the end is near. Prophecy of Popes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by Jordan River

Haha yeah that was from southpark, I didnt even realise that. Thanks for the info you stated. But to get back on topic, the Prohecy of popes, has a lot of clear predictions that happened in the past and of the last pope being peter. What are your opinions on this?

ROFL. Love south park. (have you seen the medical marijuna) best

simply put "it's going to happen"

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

He saw 112 different popes and gave them all cryptic mottos

The keyword here is cryptic. I would gladly believe the prophecy if he actually gave specific information about each pope but vague cryptic mottos do nothing for me. Just another vague religious prophecy.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Everything in the old testament happened and went. what is so different 2,000 years later?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
PS I dont believe you have much time to enlighten yourself, so i would get right on it if ya really care about yourself and family.
Fact is we are already in the end times.
The rapture everybody is looking for before they think the end times come is false teachings by ignorant churches.
If you were really up on prophacy you would know we are already past the so called rapture some think will come
The united states is not really figured in the last war, so we would have to already be renderd out of the picture.
GOD ALMIGHTY is after the ones who destroy the earth as well as the people--big corperations that rob-depleate and pollute in their quest to destroy his creation-[the living earth]-[satan or evil cannot destroy all gods people so his main objective always was to destroy the earth through evil men.That way he would leave no way for gods people to live simply put--this is hidden in most religions on evils real purpose-
We hear alot about earthquakes in the end times, how they increase in numbers and size-now think, and think hard, wouldnt global warming cause the inside of the earth to be insulated to the extent that the magma is getting hotter which in turn causes expantion??? hence earthquakes -it is happening believe it or not so get ready to really rumble people.
The chem-trails you see, is the global dimming project to cool the effectes of global warming just for this and many other purposes, You know, the chemtrails that go from horizon to horizon then spread out to cloud or haze the skies by noon most days--barrium for cloud seeding and aluminum up high for hazzing- WE here have witnessed chem trailling for over 15 years in wisconsin with an almost constant spraying these days-Wake up-go read the bible and ge the real take on what is really happening--

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by ZeroSum
reply to post by On the Edge

I'm an athiest, but I do have some questions.
If god is real, doesn't he love all his children? Why would he make it so some people are born straight and some gay. Why does god not accept gays? Why was god so against anyone worshipping false ideals? If I were to be wiccan and worship Atum-ra as a creator god, would god be angry even though atum-ra is basicly the same as god (in mythology.) Why are some people born with mental disabilities? If god wants people to have faith, why not show himself? Jesus said rich men don’t go to Heaven easily and even implied that it wasn’t possible. Why are so many people with money and property Christian if they are probably going to Hell? Freedom to choose is given to man by God. Man has two main choices: 1) accept the Love of God and, upon death, go to paradise for eternity, 2) Refuse God and, upon death, just die, be utterly damned. How is that freedom of choice when it is the same thing as a gun to your head?

1.Is there any question in the Bible that God does not approve of homosexuality? Having those inclinations isn't the same as acting on them. I am inclined to sin in various ways,but I struggle to overcome those desires and am strengthened by the Holy Spirit in following through. Sometimes I fail,but I repent and try again. It's like learning to walk,falling down,and getting back up.

For those who do feel strongly about being "born that way",there may be some truth to that,as we have seen evidence of things in our environment (chemically) that alter the human and animal species as well,so there may be alot of truth in feeling unable to control those urges. But if one desires to do the will of God,they will fight it. God loves everyone,but that doesn't mean we should continue to sin.

John 1:12,"Yet to all who received Him,he gave the right to become children of God." If you choose to deny Him,isn't that like being an "emancipated minor"?

2."Have no other Gods before me." That's one of the commandments. Ra is not the same as the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit,and I think you already know that.

3.You ask why God does not "show Himself". It says in Romans 1:20,"For since the creation of the world,God's invisible qualities-His external power and His divine nature-have been clearly seen,being understood from what has been made,so that men are without excuse."

Clearly the atheistic/evolutionary agenda has sought to replace God as the almighty Creator.

I don't see why it is so hard for those who worship "the earth" to take things one step further and worship the Creator of that earth! Except that there are those who find "faith" to be so far beneath them intellectually?

Revelation 14:7,"Fear God and give Him glory,because the hour of His judgement has come. Worship Him who made the heavens,the earth,the sea,and springs of water."

"Then we will no longer be like infants,tossed back and forth by the waves,and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming."-Ephesians 4:14

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,but to us who are being saved,it is the power of God. For it is written:'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."-1 Corinthians 1:18-19

4.Concerning money,it says in Luke 12:34,"For where your treasure is,there your heart will be also." The love of money has caused many to go astray,and to also become conceited and feel no need for God. Some people are genuinely selfish with what they acquire and do not share with those in need. Don't worry about what others have or do not have. Concern yourself with what you can do with what you have,and leave the rest to God.

Luke 16:13,"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other,or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
16:14,"The Pharisees,who loved money,heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. He said to them,'You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men,but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight."

Luke 12:30,"For the pagan world runs after these things,and your Father knows that you need them.But seek ye first the kingdom of God,and these things will be given to you as well."

5.People with disabilities? 2 Corinthians 12:9 says,"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." All of us have some kind of "disability"! Some are just more obvious than others. I don't understand your question exactly. Are you asking about people so disabled that they cannot think or choose for themselves what they think or do? I can see God's mercy on them if in fact they are so incapacitated. He can't hold one accountable if they have no way to account for themselves.

I hope I've answered those questions in a way that God would approve. I also want to say something about the misconception about "hate" I see alot. God does not "hate" people at all. In fact,He loved us enough to die for us,while we were sinners! (And all of us have "fallen short",there is no one without sin!)

From Proverbs 6:16,"There are six things the Lord hates,seven that are detestable to Him:haughty eyes,a lying tounge,hands that shed innocent blood,a heart that devises wicked schemes,feet that are quick to rush into evil,and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I read your reply and I feel like giving my thoughts on a few points.
No offense in any way. Just ask if it look like it I'll explain.

3.You ask why God does not "show Himself". It says in Romans 1:20,"For since the creation of the world,God's invisible qualities-His external power and His divine nature-have been clearly seen,being understood from what has been made,so that men are without excuse."

The problem is that the parts he has shown himself are explained with present day knowledge and the ones that are not could just as well been stories about elves and fairies. We were not there. We did not see them happening.

I don't see why it is so hard for those who worship "the earth" to take things one step further and worship the Creator of that earth! Except that there are those who find "faith" to be so far beneath them intellectually

I think you mistakenly assume here that one must worship anything.
Yes I believe nature is remarkable and not fully understood things happen in and with nature that look like miracles. Wonderful

I do not worship nature, not even close. I respect nature because it gives and brings us life and this must be protected and preserved.
I'm not suggesting to build an altar and offer some of it's own works on it.

Imagine this.
What would you call a collector without a collection of anything ?
You would not call him are collector would you ?

4.Concerning money,it says in Luke 12:34,"For where your treasure is,there your heart will be also." The love of money has caused many to go astray,and to also become conceited and feel no need for God. Some people are genuinely selfish with what they acquire and do not share with those in need. Don't worry about what others have or do not have. Concern yourself with what you can do with what you have,and leave the rest to God.

I don't think money is important I don't really want it. Don't get me wrong here I need money. But I'm satisfied if it's enough to feed, dress and raise my family . But if it was my choice I would get rid of it right away.

Therefore your example of two masters 'God' and 'money' is not a good one. In fact money is created by people who had the best intentions and it got corrupted. Or it'has just been made by bad people.

In no way it's a master of anything.
It can be used to enslave you. sure it can.
But on the other side it is greed what enslaves not money.

Greed by the way has been a great talent for people to survive when others died from famine or anything.
It's ironic our best ways to survive are now labeled as sin.

I believe God is in nature Nature brings us God.
Just like I think the message of the cross is indeed foolishness.
It has brought us fear and it divides us causing war, death, grief, pain and sorrow.

Do you really think dying would be a bad thing if you are God stuck inside a human body.

A fellow member said to something where after some consideration fully agree with.

It's repulsive how all those people still choose and believe their God died for them in pain and horror. When they should have chosen not to accept it and give their own life saving their God.
It's a complete farce. and people use it to talk away their own imperfections and crimes. Along with blaming it on the devil.

They have raped the teachings from Jesus and used them in their own best interest.
What I see in Christianity is totaly contradicting what they are preaching and what it should be.

I've been raised a Christian but I will not be given that name by any Christian today if he would know me.

Again no offense. It's just my personal opinion I'm sharing.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Why do you assume non-believers haven't read the bible? Maybe some have and that is why they are non-believers...ever think of that?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Many believe that Peter will be coming back to straighten things out. many have prophisized this I know . Also 2012 is correct. I have my orders. I'm ready. I don't think many are. More so with america. were so spoiled. So am I, but we must be ready for it. 2011-2013. Of course it's your judgement to believe me or not.

I know your orders. Refer to my Avatar for further proponderance.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The Great Harlot, drunk with the blood of the Martyrs of Jehovah, who sits upon the scarlet colored wild beast, that was given it's authority by the original dragon, is starting to get itchy about that fleshbag that's been riding it since it's authorization.

UN judge calls for prosecution of Pope Benedict

The time is neigh for a dramatic chain of events prophesized by the Apostle John in Revelations that will ultimately see the utter destruction of Religion and it's control over the beast. It says that the Scarlet colored Wild Beast will turn on her, and then violently devour her. then it is said that at that point both her and the one known as the false prophet will be tossed into the lake that burns forevermore with fire and sulpher...

The beast , which is referenced as being "it was, then was not, yet will ascend out of the abyss and go off into destruction". this beast represents a governmental entity, which has 7 heads, and 10 horns. the heads represent 7 mountains, or kingdoms, that the harlot sits upon...

What this literally is folks, is the 7 governments that have come into existance as world powers on this earth are: Babylon, Assyria, Persia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and then the Anglo-American dual World Power. These are the heads the Harlot sits upon.

The 10 horns represent 10 kings who at the time of John's vision had not come into existance yet. These rulers will rest upon the governments they sprang from... Meaning that this beast in existance today will represent all former world powers as well as present.

The term ""it was, then was not, yet will ascend out of the abyss..." is representative of what the embodiment of that Beast will represent. Before the outbreak of World War one, a conglomerate of unifying nations began to form into an entity understood back in early 1900 as the League of Nations. These nations were representative of the nations I just names as the heads of the beast. There was a 'death stroke' made upon the beast back then, and it indeed layed the beast down as slain. With the advent of World War 1, the League of Nations dissolved and for 4 decades fought bitterly amongst eachother for position and power.

After the end of World War two, the United States and Great Britain began to formulate that original League of Nations into a new congl;omerate, one that had attached to it a military force - newly created - known as NATO - which was created to not only police the hotspots, but cooperate in an effort at negotiation and peace rather than a call to arms and more deaths. The United Nations was born, and the originating nations responsible for the charter of the U.N. also represented the nations of the 7 heads.

Revolations states that this beast was granted it's power directly by the original dragon, understood as none other than Samael himself. and Who is it, that has the power to make a nation or break a nation? THE VATICAN... where the true seat of Samael exists.Now we see an interesting intermingling of organization here...

For the Vatican is a major part of that Great Harlot as well. However - this wild beast inevitably will turn on the harlot, and utterly gut her and then begin to devour her, ... then it will burn her utterly with fire. This means that Religions, which have sat on top of the world and raped it of it's spoils, will suddenly be understood as the enemy, and in turn it shall be completely destroyed. This is when the wild beast will rise upright, and exault itself briefly as an 8th King... meaning that the U.N. will at some point arrise and become the 8th ruler over the Earth.

While it has been mentioned that the prophecies of the popes is neigh to fulfillment upon us, and a conflict brewing between the Vatican and the U.N. over the pope's atrocities...

We are seeing interesting times indeed...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

You're preaching to the choir on that one! You're absolutely right! A favorite site of mine,which I quote numerous times is remnantofgod.org. There,you can see in the church's own documents,the way they have twisted and rejected God's laws and replaced them with their own. Very up-to-date happenings also.

I've studied the U.N. and it's UN-godly system,and there just happens to be one vacant seat left there...it's seat #666!

I did a couple of threads on some of this myself:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting times,indeed! Lots to watch.(I haven't been keeping up with this latest pope scandal though. Probably distracted by the Health Care bill and CERN!)

(Maranatha!)

[edit on 11-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I read your reply and I feel like giving my thoughts on a few points.
No offense in any way. Just ask if it look like it I'll explain.

The problem is that the parts he has shown himself are explained with present day knowledge and the ones that are not could just as well been stories about elves and fairies. We were not there. We did not see them happening.

I don't see why it is so hard for those who worship "the earth" to take things one step further and worship the Creator of that earth! Except that there are those who find "faith" to be so far beneath them intellectually

I think you mistakenly assume here that one must worship anything.
Yes I believe nature is remarkable and not fully understood things happen in and with nature that look like miracles. Wonderful

I do not worship nature, not even close. I respect nature because it gives and brings us life and this must be protected and preserved.
I'm not suggesting to build an altar and offer some of it's own works on it.

Imagine this.
What would you call a collector without a collection of anything ?
You would not call him are collector would you ?

I don't think money is important I don't really want it. Don't get me wrong here I need money. But I'm satisfied if it's enough to feed, dress and raise my family . But if it was my choice I would get rid of it right away.

Therefore your example of two masters 'God' and 'money' is not a good one. In fact money is created by people who had the best intentions and it got corrupted. Or it'has just been made by bad people.

In no way it's a master of anything.
It can be used to enslave you. sure it can.
But on the other side it is greed what enslaves not money.

Greed by the way has been a great talent for people to survive when others died from famine or anything.
It's ironic our best ways to survive are now labeled as sin.

I believe God is in nature Nature brings us God.
Just like I think the message of the cross is indeed foolishness.
It has brought us fear and it divides us causing war, death, grief, pain and sorrow.

Do you really think dying would be a bad thing if you are God stuck inside a human body.

A fellow member said to something where after some consideration fully agree with.

It's repulsive how all those people still choose and believe their God died for them in pain and horror. When they should have chosen not to accept it and give their own life saving their God.
It's a complete farce. and people use it to talk away their own imperfections and crimes. Along with blaming it on the devil.

They have raped the teachings from Jesus and used them in their own best interest.
What I see in Christianity is totaly contradicting what they are preaching and what it should be.

I've been raised a Christian but I will not be given that name by any Christian today if he would know me.

Again no offense. It's just my personal opinion I'm sharing.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

I don't believe that science has explained the creation of the universe ,if you're implying the "theory" of evolution,for instance. Darwin had no concept of DNA,to begin with. But to some,it might seem plausible,if they are open to it. God said with just His "word" the world was created! That can't be verified under a microscope.

"Worship" doesn't apply only to specific rites or ceremonies. It can also mean to have extreme reverence and admiration towards,or intense love for. I am totally in awe of everything from nature to the human sprcies to the expanse of the galaxies. I have no problem worshipping God as the Creator of all that. Many do. The whole "green" movement is evidence of that. As though God didn't make this world suitable enough to sustain us. The whole thing has been hijacked by the globalist agenda,which includes wiping out huge portions of the population,when God clearly commanded us to "be fruitful and multiply"!

I don't think it is "greedy" to do all you can to ensure your familie's needs are met. The more we have,the more we can share with those in need. I don't think it can be called "greedy" until you want so much for yourself and stop caring that others have none.(Like the very greedy Capitalists,that gave Capitalism a bad name!)

Using money and loving money are two different things. You know how some people who are incredibly rich,yet never satisfied,and feel no remorse in swindling others to obtain still more. Like being a slave to an addiction,the constant craving for more,that is how it can become a "master".

Like you,I am grateful for having the ability to maintain the very modest lifestyle my spouse and I settled for.There's a saying I always liked and try to live by:"He is richest who is content with the least".

As to how bad it would be to be God inside a human body,...by all accounts it must have been pretty awful. He took the pain and humiliation and did it willingly,and went on to prove that death was no victor over those who believe in Him. (But being raised a Christian,I don't need to tell you that,you know how the gospel goes,right?)

I agree that Christianity probably doesn't inspire alot of people today,for reasons I'm not sure why. Maybe because people spend too much time focusing on the faults of those who proclaim to be Christians and not focusing on Christ's teachings instead. If we all did our best to work on our own imperfections,it would be a better world. And yes,hypocrisy is a horrible trait to witness. I've seen it,too.

And the Catholic church has done so much to deserve contempt,and people associate Jesus with that church?! They have indeed twisted scripture to suit themselves,from worshipping on Sunday instead of the Sabbath,and saying Jesus is not the only way to God,and so much more. I expose them quite a bit whenever the opportunity arises! Rome and our governments are all in bed with the Protestant churches as well,and I wouldn't dream of setting foot in one!

I've never liked nor needed to go to church. Visited a few times,and was convinced it wasn't for me. The Bible says "where two or more are gathered in my name,.."-but even alone,we can communicate through prayer.No need for priests or other intercessors. Jesus is the only mediator we need between ourselves and God,and that by the Holy Spirit,until His return.

Just between you and me,(ha ha),there was quite a stretch when I fell off the Christian bandwagon and wished God would just leave me alone. That was a very dark time.I felt I deserved Hell,and went about creating one for myself because of guilt I could not seem to shake. That is not God's fault,and it sure made the devil happy,having a fallen Christian promoting the lifestyle of hedonism and self-destruction. Needless to say,God yanked me back from the brink just in time.so I can be here today,as His ambassador!

2 Corinthians 5:20."We are therefore God's ambassadors,as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you,on Christ's behalf:Be reconciled to God."

Galations 1:10,"Am I now trying to win the approval of men,or of God? If I were still trying to please man,I would not be a servant of Christ."

It's been pleasant talking to you. No offense taken,and none intended on my part either. (The only part I wasn't clear on was the analogy of the Collector.)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Originally posted by On the Edge

I don't believe that science has explained the creation of the universe ,if you're implying the "theory" of evolution,for instance. Darwin had no concept of DNA,to begin with. But to some,it might seem plausible,if they are open to it. God said with just His "word" the world was created! That can't be verified under a microscope.

You don't have to believe science has explained it. It didn't
The theory of evolution has nothing to do with creation. It explains the ongoing change of life.
There is a theory about creation itself. I believe it's called 'the exobiogenesis theory' it's still a highly debated theory and I believe it's not even regarded as an accepted truth. There are people who think it's the best explanation around.
Darwin was only the founder of the theory of evolution. The theory has been changed and added many times. Every time a new observement or new evidence will be found which proves to be true 'a fact' this new knowledge is included.
Therefore it's very up to date and has by far the most evidence, proven facts and observings. And the predictions with the mathematical stuff are also observed.
The reason it's still a theory is because there is know way to see evolution happening in a single life time.

"Worship" doesn't apply only to specific rites or ceremonies. It can also mean to have extreme reverence and admiration towards,or intense love for. I am totally in awe of everything from nature to the human sprcies to the expanse of the galaxies. I have no problem worshipping God as the Creator of all that. Many do. The whole "green" movement is evidence of that. As though God didn't make this world suitable enough to sustain us. The whole thing has been hijacked by the globalist agenda,which includes wiping out huge portions of the population,when God clearly commanded us to "be fruitful and multiply"!

I can only say I fully agree with you on this one.

I don't think it is "greedy" to do all you can to ensure your familie's needs are met. The more we have,the more we can share with those in need. I don't think it can be called "greedy" until you want so much for yourself and stop caring that others have none.(Like the very greedy Capitalists,that gave Capitalism a bad name!)

Again we are in agreement. Maybe I was not clear about it. But what you say here was what I meant along with a little bit of me.

Using money and loving money are two different things. You know how some people who are incredibly rich,yet never satisfied,and feel no remorse in swindling others to obtain still more. Like being a slave to an addiction,the constant craving for more,that is how it can become a "master".

Wow deja vu.

Of course money can have that effect. But when it all comes together.
It's not the money. The money is just a tool. What gets you hooked is the luxuary, the popularity, status, power.
Power corrupts and is more like an adiction then anything else.

Ultimately you can point out "the seven deadly sins" which can be even cut apart to only two.
The question is. Are these qualities evil or just another part of being human. Our imperfections so to speak ?

Like you,I am grateful for having the ability to maintain the very modest lifestyle my spouse and I settled for.There's a saying I always liked and try to live by:"He is richest who is content with the least".

I can only respect you for this.

As to how bad it would be to be God inside a human body,...by all accounts it must have been pretty awful. He took the pain and humiliation and did it willingly,and went on to prove that death was no victor over those who believe in Him. (But being raised a Christian,I don't need to tell you that,you know how the gospel goes,right?)

No you don't have to. It's a horrific story where our worst sides are showed in a mirror.

I agree that Christianity probably doesn't inspire alot of people today,for reasons I'm not sure why. Maybe because people spend too much time focusing on the faults of those who proclaim to be Christians and not focusing on Christ's teachings instead. If we all did our best to work on our own imperfections,it would be a better world. And yes,hypocrisy is a horrible trait to witness. I've seen it,too.

Amen ! There are also other / different ways in life instead of Christianity.
I'm not saying stop believing in Christ. Only that a big part of Christianity is a complete farce (IMO) I don't think anybody should take it for granted and that they should be sceptical and watch for wrong doing. And if there is . Indifference is not exactly a virtue. People are being used in ways unimaginable cunning and impossible to notice individual or even your local churge family. The power is freely unquestioned presented to those who have the oppurtunity and knowledge to use it.

And the Catholic church has done so much to deserve contempt,and people associate Jesus with that church?! They have indeed twisted scripture to suit themselves,from worshipping on Sunday instead of the Sabbath,and saying Jesus is not the only way to God,and so much more. I expose them quite a bit whenever the opportunity arises! Rome and our governments are all in bed with the Protestant churches aw well,and I wouldn't dream of setting foot in one!

I see you probably know what I'm talking about , I think my first impression was misleading.

I've never liked nor needed to go to church. Visited a few times,and was convinced it wasn't for me. The Bible says "where two or more are gathered in my name,.."-but even alone,we can communicate through prayer.No need for priests or other intercessors. Jesus is the only mediator we need between ourselves and God,and that by the Holy Spirit,until His return.

When you look behind a door He will be there, when you look under a stone He will be there.

Just between you and me,(ha ha),there was quite a stretch when I fell off the Christian bandwagon and wished God would just leave me alone. That was a very dark time.I felt I deserved Hell,and went about creating one for myself because of guilt I could not seem to shake. That is not God's fault,and it sure made the devil happy,having a fallen Christian promoting the lifestyle of hedonism and self-destruction. Needless to say,God yanked me back from the brink just in time.so I can be here today,as His ambassador!

There are indeed some life changing experience which have this effect.

Just don't let the counceling become more then counseling .

It's been pleasant talking to you. No offense taken,and none intended on my part either. (The only part I wasn't clear on was the analogy of the Collector.)

The pleasure is all mine.

It was an atempt to explain the difference between a believer and a non believer.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To me there have already been quite a few "bad" Popes, so if the prophecy states that one is coming and he is to make the others look good then I guess I'd tell the Catholics to hang on to their hats!

reply to post by sezsue

That is very interesting. I did notice something funny, though. The mention of the last Pope being very bad and Black (although some are saying this may be figurative) in this religious prophecy reminds me a lot of what I have heard from some of the staunchly religious/fundamentalist Christians about Obama.

Black President = Anti-Christ, end of the world imminent.

Black Pope = Evil Pope, end of the world imminent.

I know these sort of groundbreaking events would show the world is changing but why is a Black person in these leadership roles indicative of the end-times for a lot of people?

I just want to know if this prophecy is based on anything other than the superficial. Similar to how some people believe a black cat is bad luck or a witches' familiar.

- Lee

[edit on 11-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Good for you Edge!!!!!

May the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob bless you for your courage to take a STAND!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok so does anyone know WHO decided that the current pope would take the name "Benedict"
Was it Ratzinger himself or his aides?

I find it odd that this name was chosen at this time,unless of course the Vatican WANT the prophesy to come true,and are helping it along in some way.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this,but there is a theory that the prophecy was written by Nostrodamus,and relased as the "found" copy of Saint malachays predictions.

The wiki article does make this prophecy look pretty dang accurate,although I am not sure if vatican scholars agree with their interpretation.

The prophecy was first published in 1595 by Arnold de Wyon, a Benedictine historian, as part of his book Lignum Vitæ. Wyon attributed the list to Saint Malachy, the 12th‑century bishop of Armagh in Northern Ireland. According to the traditional account, in 1139, Malachy was summoned to Rome by Pope Innocent II. While in Rome, Malachy purportedly experienced a vision of future popes, which he recorded as a sequence of cryptic phrases. This manuscript was then deposited in the Roman Archive, and thereafter forgotten about until its rediscovery in 1590.
On the other hand, Bernard of Clairvaux's biography of Malachy makes no mention of the prophecy, nor is it mentioned in any record prior to its 1595 publication.
[1] Some sources, including the most recent editions of the Catholic Encyclopedia, suggest that the prophecy is a late 16th‑century forgery. Some have suggested that it was created by Nostradamus and was credited to Saint Malachy so the purported seer would not be blamed for the destruction of the papacy. Supporters, such as author John Hogue, who wrote a popular book titled The Last Pope about the claims, generally argue that even if the author of the prophecies is uncertain, the predictions are still valid.

en.wikipedia.org...

Has anyone read the James Rollins novel "the doomsday key"?
It concerns this prophecy amoungst other ATS worthy topics,such as the doomsday seed bank in Svalbard.

I highly recommend it(although I have only read the first hundred odd pages,so no one tell me how it ends please
).

I have read quite a few of his books,and I would be more than surprised to find out that he is not a regular reader of ATS-His books contain many conspiratorial therories,and are action apcked as well.

Highly reccomended!

[edit on 11/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I am pretty sure it was the pope himself who wanted to take on the name Benedict?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Hmm that would figure,the shifty blighter...

What with all the criminal cover ups of the child abuse cases,maybe the current pope will only have a short reign,as the prophecy states.

Apparently Richard Dawkins is planning on making an arrest of Benedict when he travels to the uk this year.

Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, are seeking advice from human rights lawyers as to what legal action can be taken against the pope over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />

The police should have busted the dirty Rat sooner IMO-I mean if any of us proles had covered up child abuse,allowing abusers to carry on their sick behaviour for years-we would be locked up and rightly so IMO.

Maybe this furore will see Ratzingers reign come to an abrupt halt,thus ushering in the final pope just in time for 2012?

Lets just hope the next one is not called Peter,and that he is not from Rome,otherwise the prophecy could come to be reality.

[edit on 11/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

If you realised anything about earthquakes is that there are around i think over 20-25 a year that are 7.0-8.0 so really there hasen't been an increase in earthquakes. Just media attention towards them

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eric1963

Good for you Edge!!!!!

May the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob bless you for your courage to take a STAND!!!!

Thank you,Eric!

"For a time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead,to suit their own desires,they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."-Timothy 4:3-4

After what God did for us,it's the least I can do!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It would appear that we share alot in common!

I misunderstood your stance on the Creation thing,but then,I don't spend any real time looking into alternative explanations,because I have confidence in my faith.

The only thing I can think to add is to answer your question about the human condition,and that being that temptation is common to all men.
(You asked: "The question is. Are these qualities evil or just another part of being human. Our imperfections so to speak ? )

Jesus himself was tempted,as in Mark 4:9,"Again,the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,and he said to Him,'All these things I will give you if you bow down and worship me."

Luke 4:6."I will give you all this domain and it's glory,for it has been given over to me,and I give it to whomever I wish."

That would explain why the rulers of this world are under the influence of Satan,because this is what they seek,and it is Satan's to give.

And it further backs up the Christian's belief that "our kingdom is not of this world."

In any case,it is morning here now,so I'm about to call it a night!

I hope you don't think it would be offensive of me to to say "God bless you"...?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join