It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was truly an African!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not that the color of God should make a difference but the bible does say that God was white. The reference to white could also refer to the purity of god rather than his skin color.

Revelation 1:14

His (God) head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
DiabolusFireDragon

That pretty much gets close to the information I have of Jesus looks but lest of the bear.

That is not a good image for some people so a more God like, Zeus is opted better view.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm just gonna ask.....who really gives a rats aiss what color the so called jesus was? I know I could care less. It's a remarkable thing for people to fight over when the truth will never be revealed. This will be and endless arguement and should be sent to bts. Bicker on people.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The reason why Jesus was often depicted as white european is that people often try to identify with the figures they admire and worship. The Europeans saw him as white because they were white, its as simple as that. Im originaly from south america, and i have seen in many places images of jesus with darker skin, and of mary looking very hispanic with black eyes dark skin and black hair. Its all a matter of people wanting God to look like them.

In the end who the hell cares what color he was, the whole message jesus was trying to teach is that we are all brothers and sisters and that we must serve eachother. If you focus so much on that you don't have a clue as to what the meaning of christianity is, and all you are doing is using his name to push whatever agenda you may have. The goes for the people who posed this question, as well as the people who claim Jesus was a white aryan in order to justify their digusting brand of racism.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by TheEXone]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its quite simple, we are discussing about history. If you don't care about it, don't read it, noone is poiting a gun to your head. Some people would prefer to be informed about history and know about the past. If you feel threatened because people talk about the past don't read it.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
if jesus was anything he was arab

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Not that the color of God should make a difference but the bible does say that God was white. The reference to white could also refer to the purity of god rather than his skin color.

Revelation 1:14

His (God) head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

exactly. i bet it was a liberal who brought the whole race of ogd into play.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Its quite simple, we are discussing about history. If you don't care about it, don't read it, noone is poiting a gun to your head. Some people would prefer to be informed about history and know about the past. If you feel threatened because people talk about the past don't read it.

Im not threatend by anything, and i do care about the topic, if not I wouldn't be posting here. It just seems to me a trivial matter what the color of skin was of a man who told us to ignore stuff like that. Also I was simply pointing out the fact that people often want God to look like them because it makes it easier to relate to him, in the context of this discussion I think that point is pretty relevant.

Finaly theres a difference between being informed about history, and being obsessed with petty details.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Textpeople often want God to look like them because it makes it easier to relate to him, in the context of this discussion I think that point is pretty relevant

Yes and you are right people like to think about god like they see about themselves and that is fine. Jesus in the other hand is the thread subject, and as a seeker of truth myself and others we rely on historical facts to come to conclusions ATS is very good when it come to research and facts and historical facts are use a lot on this threads. It is good to keep people informed about history.

I think this is a very good thread to bring the possibilities of the racial background of the middle easterners after all it is a historical fact.

Enjoy the thread and learn some new things even if they are as controversial as Jesus ethnic background. I am learning a lot since I been in ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Muaddib said: Its quite simple, we are discussing about history. If you don't care about it, don't read it.

marg6043 said: It is good to keep people informed about history.

Well I feel the same way! If someone is the type of person that gets upset when people engage in discussions regarding history, then you shouldn't read threads that would cause you emotional damage.

I personally think that history is fun and interesting, especially when you find out how many lies that have been told to the masses. Unfortunately, the United States teaches a great deal of fantasy to us everyday! It keeps people in control and teaches us to believe the Corporate power elite. The media doesn't teach the truth, it indoctrinate. And it then passes this information globally.

Lies My Teacher Told Me : Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen

www.amazon.com...=1086401476/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0476764-5056829?v=glance&s=books

By the way, those comments that someone said was in the bible that Jesus was, white is not the truth. What he is quoting is the new modified or tamper version in some of the new bible additions.

The old references that makes comments about what he looked like is in the Old Testament. You can clearly find it in the complete Hebrew bible version.

Daniel 7: 7:9

"As I watched, thrones were set in place; and the Ancient One took his seat. His clothing was white as snow, the hair on his head was like pure wool. His throne was fiery flames, with wheels of burning fire.

- The Complete Hebrew Bible

"I kept looking Until thrones were set up, And the Ancient of Days took [His] seat; His vesture [was] like white snow And the hair of His head like pure wool. His throne [was] ablaze with flames, Its wheels [were] a burning fire.

- The New American Standard Bible

I saw until thrones were placed, and one who was ancient of days sat: his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames, [and] the wheels of it burning fire.

- Hebrew Names Version of World English Bible

I watched until thrones were set up and the Ancient One, who has lived for endless years, sat down. His clothes were as white as snow and the hair on his head was like pure wool. His throne was fiery flames, and its wheels were burning fire.

- GOD'S WORD

Revelation 1:15

His feet like fine bronze fired in a furnace, and His voice like the sound of cascading waters.

- The Holman Christian Standard Bible

And his feet like polished brass, as if it had been burned in a fire; and his voice was as the sound of great waters.

- The Bible in Basic English

His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. His voice was like the sound of raging waters.

- GOD'S WORD

His feet like burnished brass refined in a furnace, and his voice like the sound of rushing waters.

- The Complete Hebrew Bible

www.africanbynature.com...

It's very clear that some do not like the original text. So they changed it!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Cu#e]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for you input on the thread I will check that book too, Very nice information.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I guess I will always picture Jesus as white, but when we reach heaven (those of us going) it won't really matter any more.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Cu#e, everyone here will tell you I firmly believe Jesus was a black man and I have been making threads and typing posts here about for nearly three years and this is the advice I give you:

Stop.

People here aren't going to believe you.

Yes we wont as long as you keep on with your "Look at me Im super old school" angle youve been working for the last two months.

I advise Cu#e to keep on posting, deny ignorance even if its unpopular. Dont ever give in because you dont get respect. Giving up or "stopping" is the worst thing you can do, and in a way its selling out.

Keep up the good work Cu#e.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I still say "multi-colors", the reason I say this is because, the teachings of GOD/JESUS is in all churches of all races , there is no fine-line between black, white, or any color when it comes to the teachings of Christ for our GOD. The Holy One's are color-blind.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have to sincerely apologize for the mean-spirited and arrogant tone of my last reply (page 2).

Also I made a Scriptural error: the "Lion of the tribe of Judah" reference is New Testament. Oops!

I couldn't find any convenient text to prove it, but there is a consistent thread throughout Scripture that the Messiah would be of the family line of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That's the point of the genealogies presented in Matthew and Luke- to prove Jesus' eligilibility to be the Christ. Without coming from that family line He would have been disqualified.

I hate it when artists depict Jesus looking like a Norwegian! He was a Semite. Had a broad nose and lips. He was not "white," nor was He African.

If there is a different way persons of color think in contrast to us whiteys, I'll relate a conversation I had. In the home of my black friend, Brother Mark Taylor (now deceased-complications of diabetes). Mark and I were trying to witness to a young black man named James. James had just got out of prison, was on the fence between seeking God and going back into the world, and was slipping quickly back into the world.

James at one point made a big deal about there being a difference between the way white and black people think. Mark was strenuously disagreeing with James.

Mark said, "There's no such thing as a 'black mind.' and I'll prove it." He asked James, "Why does a moose blow his horn?"

James answered, "To find the other mate."

Then Mark asked the same question of me to get a typical white man's reply.

"To find a female to mate with."

"See," said Mark. "There's no difference."

Then, thinking about the tone of our answers I said, "I dunno, maybe James is right."

Then James went into this heated diatribe about how because whites were on top for so long (he did a hand gesture putting one raised palm above another, then he switched them), now it was time for the blacks to be on top. He verbally painted a scene for Mark and I, with a black businessman and a white servile character cowering at his feet, and the business man says to the lowly one (in James' words, almost shouting at us), "Don't you touch that, That's MY briefcase!"

Mark and I just looked at each other as if to say "Man, this guy has a problem!"

It's wrong to say that a person's spirituality is not in some way affected by their ethnicity, because our ethnicity gives us life experiences others don't have. But Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11 put away all class, gender and racial differences between people. If you are truly in Christ, the differences aren't important and you don't make a big deal about them.

You can't judge a person's spiritual experience by outward things.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
but does not your previous mention that "jesus" is of the descendents of

AB Ra Ham; not reveal what is thusly concealed?

as stated previously i have not refuted the post topic nor coerced it; but i have simply stated my interjections about thus said topic.

my opinion?

i did not know the "jesus" as WORSHIPPED in a church; and i doubt anyone alive today did; but the supposition that he was: the image as represented, is entirely illogical. and anyone willing to advocate the argument for either side of the race coin has neurotic issues to deal with within themselves.

about my previous point or mention of people having a different value set;
the expression was entirely lost: as pearls before swine. i suggest further review of my stated position, before assumptions of racial attack on character; as truth was my expression.

the supposition that god was white further proves the point of this thread;

if one person or group of persons spend their time with the distraction of attempting to prove to others that they are god; and see not the god within themselves: how are they to ever develop the ability to cultivate healthy values as expressed by jesus? are they to be taught these values in a book? further proof of my point. those needing to be taught such values in a book are those further removed from christ as presented in "history".

about the slanderings of my name; i take not offense: for i have cultivated values within myself to see that this format of communication (digital) is just that: artificial. why would anything others say be taken in such a sense: unless one wants to percieve what one says with such degrees of ignorance?

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by foolishbeing]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm white, and I say Jesus was white.

After all, somebody has to take the blame.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Not that I necessarily believe this, but it has been asserted, through the ages, that other than what the Bible mentions of Jesus and a few comments of the Jewish historian, Josephus, there is lacking historical evidence to say that 'Jesus' was real. IF this is true, what difference does it make whether Jesus was black, yellow, white, or olive skinned? Would this not pretty much make what you are laying out here pretty much insignificant?

seekerof

Actually no I think you should of read one of the links before you commented seeker. Most people in America don't think like that. Here is a perfect example that I pulled from on of the links.

But it wasn't this kind of irony about a black Santa that animated the comment I heard while strolling through the mall that day. No, it was pure racial resentment and nothing else leading the white woman, child in tow, to say to her friend, "don't you think it's silly to have these Black Santas? Everybody's trying to be so P.C. I mean, come on, a Black Santa? Everyone knows Santa is white."

Her friend agreed. Everyone knows Santa (a make believe entity for those who haven't figured it out yet) is white. The insistence on the racial purity of this entirely fictional being struck me as hilarious, right up there with the folks who send get well cards to their favorite soap opera characters when they fall ill on the shows. Ronald and Nancy Reagan are reported to have done this once. Fantasy, reality, ah screw it, who cares? I'm starting to realize the awful truth, white people are certifiably insane.

This basically shows how institutionalized racism is in this country. Santa is a fictional character as we all know. So it should matter what his color is right but as you see in this quote above to some people it does matter. I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I swore I wouldn't respond to this thread again... it's like beating a dead horse (or in this, a messiah)... but I just can't help myself! AT least no references about the Metallic Messiah...

Anyway, Africa/European... isn't there also proof that Jesus was Mayan? I don't know the links, but weren't his last words spoken on the cross Mayan? And what about his connections to Itzamna?

People, by natural tendancies, are going to create an image of God to what best fits their picture of him, to make him more... approachable. And even though his message is more important than his color, does it mater? Would Martin Luther King's message have been met differently if he were Chinese?

For all I care, Jesus could have been a chameleon, changing his color at a whim...

But seriously... do a search on Itzamna. What you percieve to be true in your bible may not be after all.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Who cares? We were all african once.

(Then some of us forgot how to dance
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join