It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
Latest data.

Would you be so kind sir ,,,,
too give me your interpretation of these graphs,,,
i have my own thoughts on there interpretation,,
just wondering if we are of the same mind.

thank-you

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Oh ok....I thought you were there. Thank you for posting the pics...scary and beautiful all at once!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I have to admit I am a woman. The first trace, black with one peek a straight line and the another peek. The first peek is the paroxysmal eruptive episode that happened on the 25th July, I usually mark it. The second is now. The flat is the time between were there was very little activity. When the peek hit it's highest point it was marked by very loud explosions. At the moment it is still climbing up. I am waiting to see if the loud explosions come again this time as it peeks. This will be the 8th paroxysmal eruptive episode this year. I think again the flow is heading in the direction of the Valle del Bove, but I might be very wrong there. The second is the webicoder from ESPC. It should show no noise as a flat or flattish line but has been getting more, wobbly, as the day has gone on. I can't give you a technical run down, we need someone like Putterman here. All I can say is the data has increased throughout today.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I guess Luci was right!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wow imagine having those views!! Keep safe silo. Etna's giving it some at the moment. Hypnotising viewing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

first my appologies,,,i didnt have my glass's on.

"It should show no noise as a flat or flattish line but has been getting more, wobbly, as the day has gone on"

thank-you

you have answered my question,,perfectly i might say,,,

thnks

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Glad of that

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am sure the lava is shooting higher than last time.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The fallout is bad.
It's hitting hard and fast and gradually the grit and dirt id growing larger.
Etna is overcast with clouds of - again - fallout.
I can't see how much lava she's putting out but there's a glow.
For now it's beginning to stink.
I hope the video of the fallout works.
BRB to post if I can.
It's getting bad.
peace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh mannnnn I can't help it Gracie, I'm worried. Is this worse than what you have seen since you have lived there, or has it been this bad before? Is the "fallout" ash or gas?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We have lost the data site so I can't tell you if it is getting worse. Looks really bad on the other cams though with Lava shooting up very high. Can you remember how high it was last time? 600 feet? It's higher than that. Are there any boomings? It should end with them.
Take care my friend, we are all with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

We should have it posted in the thread.
What I can say now is it's bad.
The fallout is beyond belief and She's starting to put out more sound.
I can't see her well cause of the fallout - can't see well at all.
There is a stink.
No paranoia, just fact.
Yes, this is worse than last time.

Don't worry people, really. She's been doing this forever, I'm the 'newbie' here!

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

This was taken a bit ago just outside my porch where I've moved my rabbits so I can be close to them.
The sound is the 'fallout' on the plastic I have covering/protecting the rabbits.
The white Styrofoam atop the other cages is already full black and I've had to knock the 'rain-ahh' off the top already.
It's not letting up.

Edit to Add Sorry the clips are so short. I have to save batteries. I'm on limited funds and I couldn't buy tons. But - I'll keep them coming as needed they're just not going to be very long.

Also - it's not letting up, it's getting worse.

edit on 30-7-2011 by silo13 because: see edit

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Does it smell like bad eggs?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wild video... keep us up to speed with all of the etna videos you can.

I have the same question, does it smell like rotten eggs?

Also, how far from the volcano do you you live?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

No it doesn't smell like bag eggs. It smells like something...'wrong'. I'm sorry I don't have any other words. It's like chlorine and something gross.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is increadable.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is a relief. If you smell bad eggs, run. I mean it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

How far is the volcano from you Gracie? This might sound silly,but do you have any kind of surgical mask or anything you can use for that so you aren't breathing that stuff as much?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The smell could be this:

Hydrogen Chloride (HCl)

Chlorine gas is emitted from volcanoes in the form of hydrochloric acid (HCl). Exposure to the gas irritates mucous membranes of the eyes and respiratory tract. Concentrations over 35 ppm cause irritation of the throat after short exposure; >100 ppm results in pulmonary edema, and often laryngeal spasm. It also causes acid rain downwind from volcanoes because HCl is extremely soluble in condensing water droplets and it is a very "strong acid" (it dissociates extensively to give H+ ions in the droplets).

Hydrogen Fluoride (HF)

Fluorine is a pale yellow gas that attaches to fine ash particles, coats grass, and pollutes streams and lakes. Exposure to this powerful caustic irritant can cause conjunctivitis, skin irritation, bone degeneration and mottling of teeth. Excess fluorine results in a significant cause of death and injury in livestock during ash eruptions. Even in areas that receive just a millimeter of ash, poisoning can occur where the fluorine content of dried grass exceeds 250 ppm. Animals that eat grass coated with fluorine-tainted ash are poisoned. Small amounts of fluorine can be beneficial, but excess fluorine causes fluorosis, an affliction that eventually kills animals by destroying their bones. It also promotes acid rain effects downwind of volcanoes, like HCl.

Regardless of what it is, if it is volcanic and smells wrong, it is probably wrong.

How far are you from it? Are you safe?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join