It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Thanks for the links - I lost the bookmarks from the last ones.

She's getting louder. If this keeps up it's going to turn into quite an event. It's not the lava now, but, the constant sound - like cannon blasts and the ash.

From just this morning at 0630 when I took the first morning pictures? She's increased in activity significantly.

Thank you again.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, I have been following your commentary on Etna for sometime now...amazing first-hand info.
I just have to ask you:

Are you getting nervous yet???

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am SO HAPPY!!! Look what I got for you all!!!

It's SHORT and don't get all excited the black dot is NOT a UFO, lol.

But! Now that for some reason my camera is working again (I smacked it on the table) - at least you can get a little idea.

I didn't catch her 'big sounds' (she will not sing on command!) but it's a beginning!

And yes it's MUCH louder in person!

ENJOY!

edit on 25-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread.

Getting nervous. Well, I'm gaining a new respect for Her that's for sure, and, I can't say there are not times (mostly when it starts raining the ash and rocks) that I don't get an oily feeling in my stomach, but fear? No.

She's made me shake though, lol, so hard my pics come out blurry! Does that count?

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

WOW! What can I say but WOW. Well done
In the world of geeks that kind of fix is known as percussion technology, thump it and see

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Do not worry about blurry. Even if you had no camera your commentary is brilliant. It brings us more understanding.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yay for the good old 'thump'

Great video!!!! Love to hear those booms

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've found a sure cure for calming Etna. Point a video cam at her and hit 'record'. *wink*

She's rumbling a bit still, but no more cannon like nose. The ash has settled - no more shooting high in the sky ash plumes (lower, and a lot less) and she's rather 'tame' again in comparison.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e41bc54d0cc8.jpg[/atsimg]

(Last picture before she settled down)...

Until next time!

peace and thank you all!

Added Note: Yes - that 'thwap' on the desk worked just fine... Percussion technology - I love it!
edit on 25-7-2011 by silo13 because: an

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Must see vid for anyone interested in Etna and her past.

Incredible.

Then, fast forward to a few days ago...

If anything She's consistent - and at the moment sleeping up from her big 'do' this morning!

Until next time - thank you everyone!
edit on 25-7-2011 by silo13 because: link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
thanks for posting silo, but i dont really know anything about volcanos, so is this eruption really dangerous? i mean that's not a super volcano?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

1928, is that the one where everyone just stood in front of her holding statues of the Virgin Mary praying and She just stopped? Or was that later?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Update from INGV

The seventh paroxysmal eruptive episode of Etna of this year took place, again at the active crater on the east flank of the Southeast Crater cone, during the early morning of 25 July 2011. As during the preceding episodes, a lava flow was emitted into the direction of the Valle del Bove, and an ash plume was blown east by the wind. A more detailed report will be posted here tomorrow, 26 July 2011.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

I'm not sure, I'll ask. I've heard a similar story, but I don't remember the town. There are a number of 'old timers' here I hope will open up about it.

When my growing period calms down I want to take the time to update this thread - or make a companion thread - The history of Etna, Facts, Myths, etc. I'll make sure and add that story!

Have a great day!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

That's the problem. No one really knows when She'll go on a killing spree or when She'll just put on a great show like she did this morning. I don't pretend to know either - so - I just follow Her lead and see where She leads us.

peace and thanks for the question!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have plenty of web-space if you need it for you own use.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
MAG 4.8 ITALY

2011/07/25

12:31:26 (UTC)

45.214 7.485 (map)

9.9 (DEPTH kms)

NORTHERN ITALY

ETNA again ???

thanks USGS... earthquake.usgs.gov...

seeeya

edit on 25/7/2011 by shaneR because: ref link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

I don't know enough about fault lines to know if the quake you reported is linked to Etna or not.

What I can say is the afternoon news (local Sicilian station) reported that Etna has 'possibly' created/made a new 'fracture' and vulcanologists believe she will be increasing in her eruptions over the next few days.

I've got to find the website so I can link directly, but, that's the gist of it.

Thanks for your participation in the thread.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I has noticed that just before She erupts lately there are earthquakes in the Aegean Sea and the Ionian Sea. Just after as well. It might be coincidence but it is something I am looking at.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Thank you - I was wondering the same myself but just have not had the time today to look. When I'm done work in about 45 minutes I want to spend some time researching fault lines.

Etna is very quiet at the moment, I can't see much with her hiding behind the clouds, but I can say the air feels 'heavy'. I hope that just means it's finally going to rain!

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

hi silo13,
and thanks for that...

fingers X'd for all U guys over there...

seeya

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join