It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

From what i could gather, the 150microgramm won't be enough to compete with the bromine and other stuff we take in daily. You need a high dose iodine to ever get rid of the toxins, the body needs to get saturated with iodine.

I don't think 150microgram would be enough, even if it had nothing to compete with. Even when one has nothing to flush out, i would advise 15mg daily, as it is needed in greater quantity in the body than most believe.

Some doctors made a trial with their patients, and did only get good results with 50mg, not only when it comes to flushing out toxins but also to make deficit symptoms dissapear.

The side effects of the flush are not this bad, and you can always start low and adjust. But for any effect it needs to be atleast in the mg range.

What i did was starting with 2 drops, then 4, and now 8. From 2 drops i had no sideffects ever.

Some doctors advise to use 100mg in the first 3 month to get saturated, but because i know some people might react stronger i already didn't advise that dose.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How come i cannot edit my main post anymore? Is there a limit to edits?

Sorry if i couldn't anwer everything, still a lil busy.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Well despite your sarcasm, one such possibility that is a fact is the Earth can not sustain the human population if it grows much larger, or rather maybe the Earth could but at our current level of knowledge we are not able to influence it in such a way. So that being said, it certainly is possible that there are influential people/organizations able to at the least attempt a methodical culling of the population. Doesn't mean they would be working with aliens or were intent on destroying the human race. Totally misguided, selfish and evil, sure.

I'm sure if the people behind the Georgia Guidestones had the power they wouldn't hesitate.
www.radioliberty.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Believing anecdotes from an unknown internet poster may do people more harm than good. 50 mg of Iodide is 50,000 micrograms; vitamin supplements are limited to the RDA of about 150 micrograms. If you are taking 50mg and not 50mcg, you are taking about 300 times more than the recommended dose. You don't know the long term effects as you have only been taking the high levels for six months and you feel fine. Of course you will feel fine until you overwhelm your system and then you won't feel fine.
Some posters think that there are toxins being flushed out of the body when taking large doses of iodide. What toxins might those be? Some say sea salt is best but it contains less iodine than iodized salt. Some worry about bromine and fluorine, but these elements are usually present with chloride and iodide in brines and salts.
If anyone decides to supplement their iodine intake, I hope that they limit themselves to taking a vitamin with an iodine supplement.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just found out that vitmin C and chocolat (coco) destroy Iodine. and it can effect your sleep. that it takes 4 hours for iodine to go through your body? dont know how true this is. got it from a book advert. so will not post sore. as that would be spam.
so best to take it 4 hours before vitimine C and chocolat more than 4 hours before you go to bed?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
thank you! this is just the stuff i needed,ur a good man bro ^^

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I talked to my medical doctor yesterday and he saw no issues with it. He's not sure about all the levels but mentioned that iodine is always being flushed from your body anyway. And, some of the things it can remove (heavy metals for example) do not naturally leave your body. So, iodine is great for that. If you have an allergic reaction to iodine, you'll know and the first manifestation is a skin rash.

People who are allergic to iodine always retain a certain amount of iodine in their system as it all cannot be flushed from the kidneys. Much of the RDA levels are associated with this minority population.

So, my doc says go for it. If it works, he might try it. I'm excited as it's medically sound.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

IODINE -- PAY ATTENTION IMPORTANT !!!

There are many benefits to iodine:

After my own extensive research on this subject people should only take this as potassium iodide supplement.

1) Lugols solution, Iodoral and other orthoiodine mixtures are strong oxidants. These are mixtures of iodide and elemental iodine. When you mix elemental iodine in water you get the iodine form of bleach hyperiodite.

Ask yourself this.... why would you drink chlorine bleach because you need salt in your diet ??????

People marketing those mixtures as an iodine supplement are stupid in my opinion and know nothing of basic high school chemistry. Its a topical disinfectant just like peroxide.....HELLO McFLY ANYBODY HOME.... ???

orthoiodine is not found in our food supply and does not occur in nature.

Potassium Iodide is safe because it is already oxidized.

You can get "Potassium Iodide 32 mg" pills, super cheap online. google that term in quotes. Its cheaper than the lugols or iodoral & safer.

2) Unless you've had your thyroid checked out, and you don't have hyperthyroidism I'd recommend only 8mg max per day.

The Japanese consume 14mg iodide per day in their diet, but its mainly from kelp. This source contains a lot of bromide which lessens the effects of iodide.

I have my own theory, that its safe to take higher amounts (32mg/day) if you have heavy metals present since it binds to them. I'd recommend people find a good doctor and have them perform a challenge chelation test for that.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

thanks always wanted to get the fluoride out of the system might just have to give this a go.have you seen mike adams stuff it might be something you would like i saw him on youtube. thanks again

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was prompted by this information to check the label of a plain ole bottle of Centrum Multimineral Supplement that happens to be in my house.

The amount of iodine in one daily tablet is 150 mcgs.

Just fyi.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here is a nice link i found today:
www.lewrockwell.com...

I might have been a little off about how much japanese ingest, but some think that nowadays they ingest more then at the time when they measured the 15mg.

However i still believe that 15mg might be enough in a normal enviroment, but not nowadays with all the fluorides and crap. And since it's safe for most to take 50mg, i would rather make sure you are saturated.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Sorry i was never paying attention in chemistry. So is elemental iodine useless? Please clarify, as i was under the impression lugol is a good mixture.

There are chelation tests outthere, i just don't have them at hand anymore. Some doctor's report that they only had noticable results of flushing out other halides when they upped to dose to 50mg, some even 100mg and more.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Are you an MD? What are your qualifications to give medical advice? If not, your taking a heck of risk dispensing medical advice on a public forum.

As an example, I suffer from Hyperthyroidism but did not know it until they found it by accident in some blood tests. I could do myself harm if I were to take your advice. I get too much and I end up with tremors in my hands that are hard to control along with diarrhea and some other unpleasant effects like nervousness and temper problems. One of the causes of Hyperthyroidism is to much iodine in the diet. That is likely what caused my problems.

If you start to have any of the following problems, you may want to see an MD about what you are doing -
* Difficulty concentrating
* Fatigue
* Frequent bowel movements
* Goiter (visibly enlarged thyroid gland) or thyroid nodules
* Heat intolerance
* Increased appetite
* Increased sweating
* Irregular menstrual periods in women
* Nervousness
* Restlessness
* Weight loss (rarely, weight gain)

Other symptoms that can occur with this disease:

* Breast development in men
* Clammy skin
* Diarrhea
* Hair loss
* Hand tremor
* Weakness
* High blood pressure
* Itching - overall
* Lack of menstrual periods in women
* Nausea and vomiting
* Pounding, rapid, or irregular pulse
* Protruding eyes (exophthalmos)
* Rapid, forceful, or irregular heartbeat (palpitations)
* Skin blushing or flushing
* Sleeping difficulty

The number one cause of Hyperthyroidism is to much iodine in the diet.

Those reading your thread should be made aware and if they do as you say, they should ask their MD first and watch for the above symptoms. Above all, make sure you get your medical advice from a licensed professional and not on the Internet.

Actually we were taught about iodine in health classes back in the dark ages when I was a child. It's not really news. Just use iodized salt in your cooking and you will get enough. Maybe too much if you eat a lot of cold water fish as I do. They used to recommend you only buy iodized salt every other purchase so you don't get to much and harm your Thyroid.

At least speak to your trusted, licensed MD before you give this advice to others if you want to "do no harm". Medical Professionals are not out to do you harm. That's a product of paranoid delusions.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This new age nonsense about detoxing is stupid. If your body were not already getting rid of toxins then you would be dead. This is what your liver and kidneys are for, if they were not working then you would be a lovely yellow colour.

Some chemicals get stuck in fatty tissue of course but simply dosing with dangerous levels of Iodine will not remove these and neither will unecessary chelation, detox diets or shoving radishes up your backside. You are falling into a trap set up by the people wanting to sell these Iodine supplements!

It's just like colloidal silver, it's all snake oil. There is no proof, at all, in any way that adding high doses of Iodine will have a positive benefit to a normal, healthy individual and there is plenty of evidence it will cause serious harm.

Don't get me wrong i think supplements have their place, i take a multi mineral and multi vitamin every day, some supplements are currently being investigated for genuine health benefits (Glucosamine Sulphate for example) and we should stick to the science and follow the results.

Your advice may very well kill someone or majorly damage them at the least.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Be careful with the dose. 150mcg is what is recommended for deficiencies. Your doc should be carefully monitoring you during this experiment.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Actually, iodide ion I- reacts with elemental iodine, I2 to form triodide ion I3-. This is the brown iodine solution you see in water. Iodine is not soluble in water.
Ingesting this solution will likely damage your internals, more or less, and is not recommended. As has been stated, iodide ion as potassium or sodium iodide is a safer way to poison yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I just found out that vitmin C and chocolat (coco) destroy Iodine.

Chocolate eats up magnesium as well. As does taking too much vitamin b6.
I do not suggest people should overdose on magnesium though.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It is apparent that you did not pay attention in chemistry class. As you play with the ionic balance in your body and try to rid yourself of certain anions by adding excesses of others, this may have unintended consequences that could be unpleasant for you.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Complete junk chemistry...adding iodine to water results in bleach hyperiodite? no such thing as bleach hyperiodite. And, iodine will not react with water to create an iodite species. It is also not soluble in water regardless of temperature and purity.

Potassium Iodide is synthesized, not the product of oxidation. Iodides are soluble in water, the reaction involves oxidation of the iodide species to iodine.

The number one use for iodine is medicinal. Why do you people make stuff up?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For what it's worth... here's my Hyperthyroidism experience.

i'm generally quite healthy and eat low-fat healthy food. i'm also a huge lover of fish & seafood and there are periods of time that i crave it daily. i eat relatively little salt (other than what's already added into the stuff you buy off the shelf or in the restaurant food). my resting heart rate is somewhere between 55-60, great BP, low body fat, cholesterol, etc, etc.

from time to time, especially around the fish craving periods i get Hyperthyroidism. my ques are weight loss, nervousness and being breathless with a high heartbeat when i'm doing my regular exercises and sometimes even just when sitting still.

so i look up my endocrinologist and sure enough it's always the same story. TSH is zero and T3/T4 (don't remember now if one or both) are off the charts.

i then have a 2-4 week period of no fish and at my next checkup my TSH is again in normal levels and T3/T4 too.

the doc says it can't be from the fish diet or iodized salt because i would require huge amounts of it and suspects it may be auto-immune (since all other tests on the thyroid are fine). he wants to put me on some sort of long term therapy but since i get these flare-ups every few years i'd rather not stuff myself with pills and just try to take it easy on the fish.
he respects that and agrees that medical science doesn't know everything about every person and that each of us has different tolerance levels to different substances.

so all you healthy people who never had Hyperthyroidism - just beware you could suddenly get these symptoms just from eating seafood. and if you're forcing your luck with garage-made iodine supplements that give you hundreds or thousands of times more than the RDA then... well just read up Thyroid Storm.

my sincere suggestion is to always consult a good doctor that you're comfortable with and have blood work done before, during and after taking any supplements. blood tests will cost you below $100 (at least that's what i pay usually) but getting admitted to the ER with Thyroid Storm is dangerous and much more expensive if you survive it!

and besides... most supplements that people take just become expensive pee, either because the active substances aren't there, or because you don't need them and the body just removes them. and of course there's the worst case scenario that get liver or kidney failure and die. get the bloodwork first, then decide with your doctor what you need to supplement and for how long! very few people need the same supplement for a very long period of time. don't believe the hype of the multi-billion dollar snake oil supplement industry! if they really had a working cure they would certify it through FDA certified tests and they wouldn't need to put that disclaimer on each bottle "these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. this substance is not designed to treat or cure any disease" etc...

[edit on 8-4-2010 by DarkSecret]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join