It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I know you were addressing this to another poster, so sorry for answering as well, but I'm currently taking just over 1500 mcg's most days, ie 5 drops of trophic iodine, and it makes me feel healthier and a bit more energy. I also take 3-4 thousand iu's of vit d3. Pure organic high quality cod liver oil, C, natural source iron, zinc, magnesium, most days. My kids have gotten more serious about this as well lately. Only one refuses the teaspoon of cod liver oil.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Be careful while salt loading. Salt can cause you to lose your iodine as well. Table salt is pretty notorious for this, as another person mentioned you only absorb enough iodine to prevent a goiter but quickly lose it.

This is why those who tend to develop goiters tend to have high sodium diets.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to comment on this.

This post was not the reason I started supplementing with Iodine but I would like to share my experience.

First off, you would think the way I talk about Iodine supplementing to my friends, family, and co-workers you would swear I sell the stuff.

I am telling you right now, it has changed my life.

I have been supplementing with Iodine for about two months now. 5 days a week I stir it into my morning coffee. I have upping the dose very gradually over the course of the two months. I also believe that enough time has now passed that if it was placebo, I would have probably stopped. I will try my best to list all of the reasons and benefits I have experienced.

1. No negative side effects that I know of. Like I said I started with a small dose and worked my way up. The one problem with Iodine is its very hard to find information as to how much you should be taking. That being said, I am attempting to be careful in my dosage and I would suggest this is the best route.

2. I felt the benefits within 24 hours. The very next day I woke up, things were "brighter" and I felt more aware and in control of my cognitive abilities.

3. My mood is MUCH MUCH MUCH more positive. I can't believe it honestly. My anxiety levels have bottomed out. I honestly cannot describe how much of a difference it has made in my mood.

4. I am no longer sensitive to cold. I have lived in Phoenix, Arizona all 27 years of my life and I have never been so acclimated to cold weather. The cold in my feet and hands is no longer there.

5. I sleep better, more soundly, and wake up earlier without such a groggy feeling.

6. ITS CHEAP. The bottle I purchased (from Sprouts) was $10.50 and I still have half a bottle left after 2 months.

Now, obviously I still have "bad days" I am not super human because of this supplement (I know this rant sounds like it so I don't want to over-sell it) However, it has honestly been a game changer for me.

What I have been doing....

Like I said, I got my bottle from Sprouts. It costs about $10.50. The label states it contains 150mg of Potassium Iodide and mg of Kelp per drop (I chose liquid form)

I started with 5 drops in my morning coffee 5 days a week and I am not up to about 15 drops per day.

I would be happy to answer any questions to my experiences if anyone is still on the fence.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There is a lot more to the iodine conspiracy than people know. Isotheocyanate also ties tightly to the iodine receptors. It calms us but lowers our strength and healability also. To a certain point these forms of cyanates do help us to be civil. They tie tighter than bromates and to get them off requires a little more coercion. The cruciferous veggies have a lot of this as does mustard seed that has been processed with vinegar..... Mustard...

Boiling the broccoli and cabbage till it is tender and discarding the water gets rid of the majority of this chemical. isotheocyanate does stop blood growth into cancer but also makes wound healing more difficult. Also, too much can weaken the body enough that it cannot fight cancer, the same way bromates do.

Some people possess enzymes to break the cyanide off of isotheocyanate, I personally do not. I can't eat cranberries though, I can break that off easily and get real thirsty with a thirst that can't be quenched. If they are jellied I can eat them with little effect, the chemical sticks to the geletin and doesn't bother me. Jello can be such an antidote for things. Soup bones with cartiledge made into soup contain chemistry that stops blood vessel growth of blood vessels into tumors also and is much better synthesized by the body.

As for people thinking that there is no sign of the deficiency of iodine in their bodies, I ask.....How do you know how much energy you could have.....We have been conditioned for a long time, the old people when I was young had a lot more strength.

They want people to sit at a desk. Sure, eating broccoli will work fine for that. A construction worker on the other hand needs the iodine for strength and stamina. One size does not fit all....A construction worker usually does not eat broccoli or cabbage. They eat a lot of meat and iodine is fed to chickens and cows. I try to buy unbromated flour to make bread and someone local adds potassium iodine instead of bromate in their bread for preservation. You know who's bread I buy. Also eating some Limpu Rye, made with light wholegrain Rye is good. Rye is high in chloride.

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat......evaluating if you should be skinning the cat in the first place is the question. For some with a high metabolism, broccoli is good but for those with slow metabolisms reduced liver function it is bad unless cooked well. Broccoli is high in Molybdenum though and this helps asthma symptoms because the asthma may be caused by inability to turn sulfites back into sulfates. A supplement can do the same thing. Cooking broccoli doesn't deplete the molybdenum though. It does destroy the N-acetylcysteine though, something that can be acquired from another source.

Watch overeating all goiterogens and deficiencies in iodine will not occur. There are many ways to calm ourselves and be civil. Being calm and healthy is the best way, something our government ignores when making their recogmendations. Medicine is big business though and curing diseases is bad for the economy. Medicine should have never been a part of the economy.

I took Iodoral with a magnesium pill for a couple of weeks. Now I take one once in a while. My liver doesn't detox fast as do a lot of other peoples, the minerals keep circulating. My liver is sort of a packrat just like me

It worked good for me but I noticed that by increasing iodine and magnesium, I started to burn through a lot of vitamins and minerals in my body. It is advisable to take a small multivitamin to prevent the loss of other minerals and vitamins as the body starts detoxing.
edit on 15-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm going to try it. I'll try to get the wife to try it too (taking hormone pills for menopause). Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

people=oooo
Its part of a conspiracy because people are ignorant. People hate the fact that people make more money than other people...so those people make a conspiracy theory.....which...if no one has noticed...not a single conspiracy theory has been proven. EVER.

Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!

EVER!
lmao, sorry but that sure made me laugh. Thanks for brightening my day with what I hope was some major sarcasm! lol

As for the iodine, I just bought some today, I can't wait to see how it goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join