It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IODINE why you need it, and why you have been lied to.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Its part of a conspiracy because people are ignorant. People hate the fact that people make more money than other people...so those people make a conspiracy theory.....which...if no one has noticed...not a single conspiracy theory has been proven. EVER.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by people=oooo
Its part of a conspiracy because people are ignorant. People hate the fact that people make more money than other people...so those people make a conspiracy theory.....which...if no one has noticed...not a single conspiracy theory has been proven. EVER.

Not to derail this thread but check out this link before you say conspiracies have never been proven...
conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

S&F, thank you for sharing this information - I was unaware of any of this, I take pride in my researching but I never came across this, good find!

Also, the whole thing about it effecting the thyroid is a big deal. The thyroid effects everything within the body, because it sends signals to the brain to trigger everything from hunger to sleep. The whole metabolism thing is a big deal as well, I once had strep throat in high school that happened to be a strand that effected my thyroid as well. I already had a very high metabolism, unable to gain a pound no matter how much I ate and what I ate (at one point I was taking weight gainer/protein with 8000 calories a day and nothing!), and my thyroid happened to become overactive. The doctors didn't realize it had to do with my strep throat at first, so they were telling me I'd have to be on a medicine the rest of my life to take care of the over active thyroid (hyperthyroidism) but luckily after a few months (I think somewhere between 5-7 months) my thyroid was back to normal and regulated itself once again. I was very lucky that it turned out to not be something permanent.

Nowadays though the medications I'm on I believe are effecting my thyroid, in fact I've been behind in getting a complete blood work up, so I will be setting up an appointment for that ASAP and then more than likely take your advice on taking some sort of iodine supplement (as long as my tests come out normal of course). I recommend anyone thinking about taking an iodine supplement to talk to a doctor they trust, or do some research about the thyroid, before doing so. Some people have a naturally high and overactive thyroid, releasing more hormones than others (there are plenty of signs of this, but they blend in with common occurrences such as acne which can be attributed to numerous things).

Once again, thanks Nightflower for the thread, much appreciated

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Good info, thanks! Along those lines, the British tried very hard to control the salt trade in India for more reasons than one. Instead of natural sea salt rich in minerals today we have modern table salt which is considered an unnatural poison. www.healingnaturallybybee.com... Iodine is added back to it to make it appear we are getting the health benefits we need. It is a lesson in power corrupts. When we accept a convenient sources it become a method used to manage us. Once a business reaches a certain market size, it is acquired by the NWO and it's products slowly undermined. Most of the major "health food" companies represented, at say, "Whole Foods Markets" are now owned by the major food corporations. "Organic" is promoted but GMO is often ignored. Buying from diverse sources and supporting small business and local markets is a counter punch to the NWO manipulations.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Edgar Cayce said to take Iodine for good majority of his health readings..

Sold

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry, but the world is getting sprayed with tons of silver iodide, and other iodides, which ionize when in the air.

We are getting TOO MUCH iodine.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You know, this makes a lot of sense. Being an auto mechanic for so many years, I got more than my share of cuts and scrapes on my fingers, hands, and arms. I was taught as a child to use Iodine to kill infection, and to help form a scab. I still use it a lot, I have three little bottles, and a large Betadine Solution here too. I have two young stepsons. Every cut or scrape gets a good swapping.
Could this be why I do not seem susceptible to electronic mind control? Why even at 56, I am still quite healthy, with no "old man illness" like cancer of the organs, enlarged prostrate, none of that. I heal really fast, even doctors are amazed at this.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Geez my doctor was shocked when i told her, because she thought
that amount would be deadly, but nope, im still alive

This shows just how ignorant Doctors are about nutrients. A 100 years ago
amazingly high doses were used internally. before antibiotics were available.

Iodine solutions are commonly used to clean food equipment simply because
the consequences of accidentally contaminating food are low. It simply isn't
very poisonous.

Just because someone has symptoms when they take a dose, doesn't mean they
aren't deficient. When the body is in total conservation mode, an increased
dose will produce a reaction.

Also, if Iodine has an unpleasant taste, its because you have too much Bromine.
After taking an increased dose for awhile, the flavor will change. We are
exposed to way too much Bromine in White Flour,Bananas, Strawberries, etc

The thyroid has some of the highest blood flow of any body tissue. The thyroid
performs a purifying function that may not be fully functioning even if sufficient
hormones are produced.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by UMayBRite!]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I take it and I've never had any side effects at all.
I've had more energy since taking it.
I thought it might help with autoimmune issues, but it didn't, but it is definitely worth taking. I say that because some sites would lead one to believe it is some sort of cure all.
Lots out there though about it helping with chronic sinusitis.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Can I call the OP Dr Death?? You sound like a salesman for some Iodine company.... and I'm OK thanks since I drink plenty of milk and eat a few yogurts a week. As for anyone else I can only say, if your skin is healthy then you're usually healthy.

If you're planning on changing any deity supplement then do a quick search for #supplement# overdose. Although it would be funny to see some guy in A&E one day with chronic stomach cramps being asked "why did you takes these pills?" and replying "some guy on the Internet told me too" he he he

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

This thread is awesome and I've probably missed it somewhere... by taking a few drops what do you mean? Like a few drops in your mouth?

Sorry for what's probably a stupid question but I had a look and couldn't find what to actually do with it!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

"i drink milk and eat yoghurt so im healthy" I suggest then you dont want to know how your dear milk is produced and what there is really in it
. And since calcium needs vit D to be absorbed properly, your milk isnt really efficient. Only of course, to poison you

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To all the amateur physiologists posting on this thread, be careful with self-diagnoses and treatments. I know you believe that the world has been hiding the benefits of high doses of iodine but if you insist on taking it, don't assume that you can tolerate the doses that the OP is taking. Bad things can happen over time unless bad things happen quickly with an acute reaction. Do things gradually over a long period of time.

"The poison is in the dose."

www.merck.com...

"Chronic toxicity may develop when intake is > 1.1 mg/day. Most people who ingest excess amounts of iodine remain euthyroid. Some people who ingest excess amounts of iodine, particularly those who were previously deficient, develop hyperthyroidism (Jod-Basedow phenomenon). Paradoxically, excess uptake of iodine by the thyroid may inhibit thyroid hormone synthesis (called Wolff-Chaikoff effect). Thus, iodine toxicity can eventually cause iodide goiter, hypothyroidism, or myxedema. Very large amounts of iodide may cause a brassy taste in the mouth, increased salivation, GI irritation, and acneiform skin lesions. Patients exposed to frequent large amounts of radiographic contrast dyes or the drug amiodarone also need to have their thyroid function monitored."

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I don't live in the good ol' US so the Puss and BGH's are in lower concentrations here. And I was merely pointing out dairy products as a source of iodine.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
There is plenty of iodine inthe average diet. If there were too little, the entire population would have a marked decrease in T3 and T4 (mostly T4) hormone throughout the body. As we don't have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, I have a hard time believing we are short on dietary iodine.

THANKYOU!

I've had hyperthyroidism and during a thyroid storm nearly dropped dead of a heart attack. I have gone to great lengths to avoid iodine.. not using restaurant salt sounds simple enough but I'm not in the habbit of telling chefs how to do their job.

..and now the government has now been nice enough to make sure I get my medicinal iodine? Cuz they know whats best for me..

Nightflower; YOU sound like the government.. you have an obvious agenda. They add iodine to EVERYTHING. Where are all these people with cretinism then? It is quite a serious and shocking affliction and caused by iodine deficiency.. so why don't you mention them for shock value to support your cause?

Perhaps you just realize that the incidence of cretinism in western countries is relatively low which proves there is no need to swallow the utter bull you are trying to feed us.

Originally posted by Nightflower
If you have trouble finding the right iodine, search for Lugol solution. It is pretty cheap, a bottle with 60ml cost me around 15$ and i only need 8 drops a day to get 50mg.

I hope you were kind enough to pay ATS for ad space.

Take your hard sell elsewhere.. your "advice" could lead to someone else nearly dropping dead of a heart attack.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There is plenty of iodine inthe average diet. If there were too little, the entire population would have a marked decrease in T3 and T4 (mostly T4) hormone throughout the body. As we don't have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, I have a hard time believing we are short on dietary iodine.

We DO have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, mostly due to fluoride in the drinking water. It's not a hot topic on the main stream media but it is very severe. If you have it yourself you are more aware of it. Fluoride in the water lowers the IQ of a population by 20%. Inner city schools have a tough time anyway. It's time they open their eyes and get the fluoride out of their water. I will have to take synthroid for the rest of my life. fluoride takes away your energy and your drive and dulls your brain. I tried doing with out synthroid for about three months and was actually lysping. I almost lost my job because I would panic at nothing and couldn't think straight. At times I couldn't remember my name. I could have died.
I first realized I had a thyroid problem when I fell on the floor and could not get up. I could not even move. I slept there for a few hours, on the floor of the bathroom and when I woke up I was able to get up again. My doctor said it was the worst case of thyroid deficiency he had seen in a while because of the way my eyes were sunk in, but he still didn't mention anything about fluoride. The doctors are programmed not to see it. the same sort of thing as chronic illnesses from vaccines.
I had the habit of throwing tea leaves and coffee grounds in the grass for fertilizer, but my son claims that the fluoride in them is killing the grass. We don't presently have fluoridated water, but the inner city does and their grass is the worst. Could the fluoride be killing the grass? Fluoride around aluminum plants kills everything, the trees grass plants, everything, and makes the cattle and horses bowlegged before they drop. There is a youtube film of a woman who tries over and over to stand and can't because of the fluoride poisoning. Take a look at the web for many many more horror stories then tell us there is no epidemic.
Iodine takes the fluoride and metals out of your system. That's why iodine is used to protect from radioactivity. But it's hard to get because the medical ptb have made it illegal.
To survive in this age you have to be on top of medical causes and effects. I always ignored natural medicine, my sister was pushing it, so now I am really really sorry. We've known about MSG and that aluminum causes alzheimers from the sixties. The main stream media sucessfully pushes lies and hoaxes. People should be aware that it is a propaganda machine at best and is only there to deceive you. Stop taking things for granted and do your research on the internet while we still have an internet.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Can I call the OP Dr Death?? You sound like a salesman for some Iodine company.... and I'm OK thanks since I drink plenty of milk and eat a few yogurts a week. As for anyone else I can only say, if your skin is healthy then you're usually healthy.

If you're planning on changing any deity supplement then do a quick search for #supplement# overdose. Although it would be funny to see some guy in A&E one day with chronic stomach cramps being asked "why did you takes these pills?" and replying "some guy on the Internet told me too" he he he

Those of you who are going to try this, please keep us updated on the effects, eg., starting dose, current dose, how you feel, etc. Spread the info ... this topic seems new to a lot of people. A little education would definitely be helpful.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by m khan

We DO have an epidemic of hypothyroidism in the nation, mostly due to fluoride in the drinking water.

Hypothyroidism isn't a simple cause and effect disease. Sometimes hypothyroidism starts of has hyperthyroidism.. ex. anti-bodies attack the thyroid and it becomes enlarged, speeds up the metabolism and then ends up dieing slowing the metabolism. Sometimes it gets missed as when someone starts losing weight for no apparent reason they usually go out and celebrate rather than going to the doctors.

thats the gist of it anyway.. I may have confused some points. it's a complicated subject.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by spitefulgod

"i drink milk and eat yoghurt so im healthy" I suggest then you dont want to know how your dear milk is produced and what there is really in it
. And since calcium needs vit D to be absorbed properly, your milk isnt really efficient. Only of course, to poison you

not to get off topic but,

i often crave milk to an extent i can only compare to wanting a cigarette. complete with throwing a small fit when theres none to be had. its probably more psychologicly mild than im making it out to be, but ive often wondered what the hell it is they are putting in it that makes me feel that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join