It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Takes the Matter of Three-headed Babies Very Seriously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Then I am criminally misinformed, and apologize.

That being said, DU still sucks donkey balls.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well maybe we should blame al qaeda and the Iraqi insurgents for the problem then. The armor on the tanks humvees etc. even the body armor is made with DU. So each time they blow up or shot at the US troops over there they are causing DU contamination.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
everyone knows this is from du. Even most of the soldiers that serve more than 2 tours. They get to see the devastation up close.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How do we know it is from DU? Why can't it be pollution from Iraqi factories? Why can't it be other war materials? Why can't it be a pathogen from Saddam's programs? Why can't it be an outright lie from a disinfo team?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
How do we know it is from DU? Why can't it be pollution from Iraqi factories? Why can't it be other war materials? Why can't it be a pathogen from Saddam's programs? Why can't it be an outright lie from a disinfo team?

Yeah, your right. "Depleted Uranium" is what baby bottles should likely be made out of. Perfectly safe, despite all common sense.

/sarc

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by rich23

The American terror is exposed daily, can't wait till the "what goes around comes around", statement becomes true..

Americans better do something now or seriously, a lot of pissed of people will be knocking on your door..

"Why do they hate us", makes me sick

I have been saying this since long time now, but it has finally come true in regards to America, I have always said that, once an empire is in a decline, the truth comes out..

LOL, 'what goes around comes around'? Empire in decline? Are you absolutely delusional?

Tell me, who is going to come to our doorstop and try to mess with us? Honestly?

actually, they dont have to come to your doorstop, as you put it.

for example, a dozen or so submarines several hundred miles off the east and west coasts, firing simultaneously, would change your topography, and your "doorstop".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I've starred and flagged the thread as the first page was an interesting read.... went a little off topic but still worth reading...

As for the reasons behind these deformities i can't say anything as i never visited Fallujah beforehand and so can't say whether there were deformities as bad as this beforehand... 3 headed babies sounds extreme but yeh i suppose when you come into contact with all this pollution you are bound to pick up some kind of disease or abnormality.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Why would we make a baby bottle out of a toxic metal?

Your comment was rather silly you have to admit.

You wrote this response to my question as to why blame was being assigned. I think the answer is clear. The blame assignment was done in a thoughtless manner without the realization that cause effect is not easy to work out. Just because the metal is toxic does not mean it causes birth defects.

I also think the claim of a 3 headed baby is a fake claim.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Why would we make a baby bottle out of a toxic metal?

Your comment was rather silly you have to admit.

You wrote this response to my question as to why blame was being assigned. I think the answer is clear. The blame assignment was done in a thoughtless manner without the realization that cause effect is not easy to work out. Just because the metal is toxic does not mean it causes birth defects.

I also think the claim of a 3 headed baby is a fake claim.

I used to work at a very strict OSHA compliant facility. If a thermometer dropped and spilled mercury, the cleanup procedure included some of the most ridiculous decontamination I have ever seen for a non biological material.

In the US, when we find toxic metals we do things like close down schools for "abatements". Why in the hell would we be firing rounds made out of toxic material?

Yes, i was being sarcastic. I forget that we are not all English speakers here, and that sarcasm is not often related well if not familiar with it in English. My apologies.

But my point is, if this material is so safe, why do we not use it in the US? In the world of PR, it just seem stupid to be firing rounds made out of depleted uranium at people. The resulting lawsuits will come out of my tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So are you saying a lead bullet is not toxic? And just to think that your afraid someone may be killed if you shoot them with a DU round? I thought that was the point of shooting them in the first place.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

So are you saying a lead bullet is not toxic? And just to think that your afraid someone may be killed if you shoot them with a DU round? I thought that was the point of shooting them in the first place.

I am not going to sit here and explain the differences. We have now gone full circle two or three times.

If you would like honest discourse, i am always available.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
How about dental porcelain for a product in the US that uses DU.
Used for false teeth to simulate the fluorescence of natural teeth.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yup, and flouride in our water.

and untold thousands infected by various agents sprayed over both rural and urban populations.

If you are using "their" safety claims to protect yourself, you are likely not well protected.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I am gonna share a personal story.

My dad is dead from mesothelioma. He was constructing Malone and Hogan Hospital back in the mid 70's. Yep, you guessed it...everyone knew asbestos was deadly by this time, but they didn't care. They lied. They told everyone that it was safe. The rumors were unfounded.

My mother was crushed when he died. 50 is too young to be a widow.

He was really good with floors. Even after he was diagnosed and bald from treatment. He put in a new tile floor in the house so my mom would have a nice, new floor. That was just his mindset...get things in order. But the tiles he put in at the hospital were asbestos. 25 years later, they killed him.

I don't believe things that don't pass my own common sense test.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The reason lead is used is that it is dense and cheap. It's reasonable for putting holes in animals. They don't hide in armor plated vehicles. Well our deer do not. I can't speak for deer in other parts of the US or world.

Uranium is denser. You can make a thinner bullet that has the same weight and length. So it has a higher pressure on impact that a lead bullet. It's a might bit pricier. All that legal horse pucky goes out the window in a war zone. So don't worry yourselves about that.

The question isn't really about how holes end up in targets during war.

The question here is about the claims of birth defects.
1. Are they real?
2. What's the cause?

Uranium may be involved. How do we know? It could be radiation, but that seems a tad unlikely since this is DU. Maybe the war tore up some factory or a factories dump spot that saturated an area with some repugnant stuff. The cause will tell us how to fix the problem. You never know this might end up being due to multiple factors.

In a war zone don't forget the obvious. This could be a lie. Maybe this isn't happening. A 3 headed baby seems like a lie. Maybe the origin of this tale didn't know what to do other than copy the Simpson's with their 3 eyed fish, and figured people were dumb enough to believe without wondering if the tale were true.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

And to draw all that into focus in a reality based environment, the fact that the word "uranium" is in the name of the material, and that there are tests dealing with the toxicity of the dust from ammunition, is going to be what decides any lawsuits.

The lawsuits will be what decides the truth of the situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Bullets are not made of depleted uranium, neither are militay bullets. Tank shells can be made of this though. It would take a whole lot of tank shells in an area or water supply to affect it. DU is of sufficient density/strength to pierce most defenses when shot by a tank or similar platform. If the goal was to unload radioactive waste, why do we still have so many radioactive waste holding tanks yet in the USA?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Lawsuits aren't applicable in a war zone.Lawsuits do not find truth. They assign blame which is very different. As you say the word uranium generates irrational thoughts in many people.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
From www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0049.htm

The most common DU round is a high kinetic energy projectile. The main characteristics of DU are flammability (uranium can spontaneously ignite and then burn at temperatures of above 10,832 degrees Fahrenheit) and high density (twice the density of lead) (http: //www. fpx. de). Upon impact, concentration of high kinetic energy allows DU projectile to ignite and penetrate armor. As it goes through armor, it “self-sharpens” and often has enough momentum to penetrate the opposite wall of the tank. Contact temperature between the projectile and the armor is 2,069 degrees Fahrenheit. Usually the burning projectile will ignite ammunition or the fuel within the tank. So, if a DU projectile hit a tank with depleted uranium, the tank would explode immediately because of the high temperature. The projectile would burn on impact, releasing fine insoluble uranium oxide particles that can then be spread by the wind, inhaled and absorbed into the human body or by animals and plants. The particles remain in the body system for extended periods of time. Uranium oxide particles are highly toxic for the soil. They pollute the environment and create up to a 100% increase in uranium levels in ground water (U. N. Environmental Program, http: //seattlepi. nwsource. com).

The Rocky Flats site in Colorado ran into severe contamination due to uranium and plutonium and other materials. See Rocky Flats info
This was due to enriched uranium, not DU.

I was looking for a US area of DU contamination to see if some other place in the world assigned birth defects to DU. All I've seen are statements of toxicity.

I'll say it again. I think the claim of a 3 headed baby was false, i.e. a lie.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Lead bullets do lead to lead poisoning, that's why you need to cut out the lead shrapnel in your dead animal carcass before you eat it.

In war bullets are composed of steel, not lead, for "humanitarian" reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join