It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Takes the Matter of Three-headed Babies Very Seriously

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
How do we know it is from DU? Why can't it be pollution from Iraqi factories? Why can't it be other war materials? Why can't it be a pathogen from Saddam's programs? Why can't it be an outright lie from a disinfo team?

Did you know water is imported for the soldiers to drink because they are not allowed to drink Iraqi water? The water table is so polluted with DU it cannot be drunk. My husband told me this, he said he knows it's DU because he was told it was DU contamination when he was over there (each time). Even some of the worst chemicals can be filtered out by the Army's systems. Radioactive Dust? Nope.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

But that doesn't mean that there could not be a delay from the weapons factories. Or that teh chemicals were there and the war only released them.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Besides DU is depleted uranium and slightly above background radiation. Drinking DU is not a radiation problem it is a poisoning problem. Uranium is a heavy metal. There are warnings all over the place to not drink the water including right here in the US. That does not mean it is due to DU. It means that the water is contaminated.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There are many natural reasons for not drinking the water. Many springs from deep water sources are high in arsenic and other toxic materials. Flood waters can spread contamination far and wide. In some places the water is unfit to drink because the upper layer rocks are high in things such as selenium. Dead animals in water introduce problems. Diseases such as giardia can be spread by wildlife. There are lots of so-called natural reasons water is unfit to drink.

On top of that are man-made problems. There are many sources here including spills, untreated waste water entering the drinking supply, and agricultural runoff.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You are denying at all costs. Not even giving in slightly in the face of the above posters anecdotal evidence, as stated by her husband.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It should be noted some of these problems are beginning to manifest in Afghanistan as well. It's simply not as concentrated an area as the one shown in the OP though. Strangely enough, I've been hearing of some issues concerning births in the U.S. as well. It's just not something widely discussed outside of military communities. The defects themselves aren't as extreme as those seen in Iraq but nonetheless I've heard a few women talk about the illnesses their children are having which mirror those of their husbands who had developed illnesses after going to war. There was a similar outbreak after the first gulf war as well.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No. Not true at all.

What I see is an argument that DU is the cause. No proof is supplied only a claim. Again I see that someone thinks the material is radioactive. Again, a misleading statement.

Furthermore, I have posted several times that I believe the claim of the 3 headed baby to be a lie. I do not see anyone challenging that assertion.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Antonio do you know of any studies? Is this all rumor at this point? I should think that someone is looking into this matter. Back here in the US the CDC should be charged with examining outbreaks including the health of families either military or civilian.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Antonio do you know of any studies? Is this all rumor at this point? I should think that someone is looking into this matter. Back here in the US the CDC should be charged with examining outbreaks including the health of families either military or civilian.

Can you not read? That's not my damn name. I don't have a penis.

scholar.google.com...

I have seen data, as for the CDC. This has been a cover-up since day one. The Pentagon has denied anything is wrong with Gulf War Vets and so has the CDC because if they did admit it they would have to pay out money.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

there was a documentary on the girls. i think it was of them getting a driving license and going to school and stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

No. Not true at all.

What I see is an argument that DU is the cause. No proof is supplied only a claim. Again I see that someone thinks the material is radioactive. Again, a misleading statement.

Furthermore, I have posted several times that I believe the claim of the 3 headed baby to be a lie. I do not see anyone challenging that assertion.

You don't see anyone challenge that assertion because they likely agree. If it isn't false, it is something that likely could happen just by chance on extremely rare occassions. Kids have tails occassionally, too. I doubt that is from DU, too.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.ccnr.org...

DU is radioactive, I can't believe people are proclaiming it isn't. All Uranium is radioactive. It is the nature of the element.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

www.armytimes.com...

Temperature issues arise for lead-free slug

By Matthew Cox - Staff writer
Posted : Monday Aug 10, 2009 17:40:21 EDT

The Army is scrapping the latest design for its eco-friendly 5.56mm ammo after some of the bullets began to show trajectory problems when exposed to hot temperatures.

Army ballistics officials halted production of the M855A1 Lead Free Slug ammunition in mid July, launched an investigation and decided to replace the bismuth-tin alloy slug with another material, said Lt. Col. Jeff Woods, product manager for Small Caliber Ammunition.

“We are currently evaluating alternate lead-free materials, and we will resume qualification once a selection is made,” Woods told Army Times.

In the M855A1 LFS bullet’s design, the bismuth-tin alloy sits beneath a steel penetrating tip. A copper jacket encases all but the point of the bullet. The round was designed to work specifically with the M4 carbine. Army officials have maintained that the new round will provide more “consistent performance” than the current M855 round and perform better against hard targets.

The problem surfaced when some of the bullets did not follow their trajectory or planned flight path.

“During ballistic testing of production LFS cartridges, we noticed that some projectiles occasionally varied from the intended trajectory,” Woods said.

The plan was to start issuing the first of 20 million rounds in August, replacing the standard M855 lead round.

One thing the Army is sure of is that “this will delay fielding of the new round,” Woods said.

This is not the first hiccup to occur in the quest for lead-free ammunition, a program the Army has invested tens of millions of dollars in since the mid-1990s.

So in other words they are still using lead!

Heres another article on the subject.

militarydailynews.com...

The Corps has dropped its plans to field the Army’s M855A1 and approved the new SOST round for Marines to use in Afghanistan. SOST, short for Special Operations Science and Technology, is SOCom’s enhanced 5.56mm round . It isn’t green, but it is deadlier than the current M855 round and it’s available now, Marine officials say. The Corps’ decision to purchase about 2 million SOST rounds in September illustrates the growing frustration with the M855’s performance on the modern battlefield.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Agreed bigfatfurrytexan.

When it comes to radiation I find people get excited. I wonder how many people are going to remove their smoke detectors when they find out that it may contain radioactive material. The ionizing units contain a radioactive source. The half life of the radioactive material is over 400 years and it's in your home!

It's a relatively safe material, carefully housed, and quite small.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

en.wikipedia.org...

Types of 30 mm ammunition
30 mm ammunition generally comes in three varieties: armor piercing (AP), high explosive (HE), and training rounds. Armor piercing and high explosive cartridges usually also possess incendiary characteristics. Anti-material and armor piercing rounds use depleted uranium to pierce armor.[citation needed] When the depleted uranium hits the metal at high speed, the kinetic energy ignites the uranium particles that contact oxygen. After hitting, the depleted uranium leaves low levels of radiation on the target.[citation needed] To avoid this, tungsten may be used instead, as it is not a radioactive material, but its price is far greater than depleted uranium.[citation needed]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That video is so disturbing. How many must die for this war. How many must suffer? Now innocent children having to suffer needlessly.

And still this little voice whispers NWO- decreasing the population of the world.

This world scares me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No. Not true at all.

Wow! this must be the most ignorant statement I have seen here for a while!

Yes! I can handle and hold in my hand new DU ammunition which is not fired, without any terrible effects or immediate or imminent danger!

BUT!!

WHEN THE AMMUNITION HIT THE TARGET WITH THE FULL ENERGY FORCE DURING IMPACT what happens then eh! huh??

it releases radioactive particles and toxic material & dust into the air.

And many of these DU 30 mm and tank ammunition didn't hit their targets and are still there all over the ground, but are slowly leaking out radioactive particles through their cracked exteriors, which is showing up on the Geiger counters as much higher levels than normal natural background radiation.

Heck! curious children are even picking these up to play with! - it's awful what this may do to the Iraqi children - possibly in the worst cases, getting them cancer & diseases - destroying their future!

And nobody is cleaning up this mess, or are picking up this crap off the ground! - it should be the moral responsibility of America to do this as punishment for letting this crap out in our atmosphere, and as punishment from destroying and polluting our collective planet Earth! - Damn idiots!

The use of DU in munitions is controversial because of questions about potential long-term health effects. Normal functioning of the kidney, brain, liver, heart, and numerous other systems can be affected by uranium exposure, because in addition to being weakly radioactive, uranium is a toxic metal. It is weakly radioactive and remains so because of its long half-life (4.468 billion years for uranium-238). The aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel. During a three week period of conflict in 2003 in Iraq, 1,000 to 2,000 tonnes of DU munitions were used, mostly in cities.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's why when the Iraqi pregnant women stir-up and inhale particles from the dusty ground, or drink the contaminated water - are later giving birth to children with very serious birth defects.

All these children with leukemogenic, genetic, reproductive, and neurological disorder and diseases & cancers in Iraq is utterly disgusting to see.

It's vile! and it's shameful to the rest of the world!

Some should be very ashamed in front of the whole world community for defending the military industrial complex's use of DU in Iraq and elsewhere.

We just saw a great French made documentary on TV here in Europe in which you could see the terrible graphic birth defects and the effects on the Iraqi environment of using this ammunition from hell. The people of the documentary went around cities/towns and villages in Iraq with Geiger counters and found that whole areas were contaminated from this crap in the dust & soil.

Their water table was also contaminated from the use of American & English DU ammunition.

And they showed from these same contaminated areas, these womens children and their horrific birth defects.

But I'm not holding my breath that you in America would ever be allowed to see this documentary because of your war propaganda, because it would be a devastating blow to the public support of your phony war and would seriously lower the warmongering moral of the the US public, especially among U.S women.

And I'm not allowed to show you these horrific graphic photos here - but you can maybe google them?

May all warmongers of this world rot in hell!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
web.ead.anl.gov...

Have there been accidents involving uranium hexafluoride?
There have been several accidents involving uranium hexafluoride in the United States. Summaries of the larger accidents are given in the following paragraphs.

In 1944, a research and development pilot plant for thermal diffusion was temporarily shut down for piping modifications. During reactivation of the plant, a weld ruptured on an 8-ft long cylinder containing gaseous natural UF6 that was being heated by steam. An estimated 400 lb of UF6 was released, which reacted with steam from the process and created HF and uranyl fluoride. This accident resulted in two deaths from HF inhalation and three individuals seriously injured from both HF inhalation and uranium toxicity. The injured individuals eventually recovered, and a follow-up many years later showed no evidence of lasting kidney damage from the uranium exposure.

In 1978 a cylinder containing liquid depleted UF6 was accidentally dropped and ruptured in a storage yard at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant. Cold weather limited the dispersion of the UF6. Cleanup efforts were conducted to collect as much of the released material as possible. No one was injured in this accident. (Note: Storage cylinders contain liquid UF6 only for a few days immediately after filling. Once the cylinder cools the UF6 is a solid and would be released much more slowly if an accident resulted in cylinder rupture).

Another UF6 accident involving a cylinder rupture occurred at a commercial uranium conversion facility (Sequoyah Fuels Corp., Gore OK) in 1986. The accident occurred when an over-loaded shipping cylinder was reheated to remove an excess of UF6. The cylinder ruptured, releasing a dense cloud of UF6 and its reaction products. This accident resulted in the death of one individual from HF inhalation. An additional 31 workers were exposed to the released cloud. Although some of the more highly exposed workers showed evidence of short-term kidney damage (e.g., protein in the urine), none of these workers had lasting kidney toxicity from the uranium exposure.

In addition to these accidents, ten depleted UF6 cylinders containing solid UF6 in storage have been breached over the past 45 years. Most of the breaches were due to corrosion around dents caused by mishandling, with the others due to corrosion around welding defects or from external corrosion alone. Additional information concerning cylinder breaches can be found under the question "What happens if a cylinder of uranium hexafluoride leaks?"

Leaking depleted uranium hexafluoride cylinder.

Ruptured 14-ton UF6 shipping cylinder. 1 fatality, dozens injured. ~29500 lbs of material released. 1986

PDF for above

PDF part 2

PDF part 3 about local cattle

PDF part 4 more about the testing of the cattle exposed.
Wheres all the three headed babies from these leaks in the US? And these would be much larger doses than a few ounce here and there from rounds fired by apache helicopters.

And so you know this is the same as DU.

en.wikipedia.org...

About 95% of the depleted uranium produced to date is stored as uranium hexafluoride, DUF6, in steel cylinders in open air yards close to enrichment plants. Each cylinder contains up to 12.7 tonnes (or 14 US tons) of solid UF6. In the U.S. alone, 560,000 tonnes of depleted UF6 had accumulated by 1993. In 2005, 686,500 tonnes in 57,122 storage cylinders were located near Portsmouth, Ohio, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and Paducah, Kentucky.[2][3] The long-term storage of DUF6 presents environmental, health, and safety risks because of its chemical instability. When UF6 is exposed to moist air, it reacts with the water in the air to produce UO2F2 (uranyl fluoride) and HF (hydrogen fluoride) both of which are highly soluble and toxic. Storage cylinders must be regularly inspected for signs of corrosion and leaks. The estimated life time of the steel cylinders is measured in decades.[4]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Can you not read? That's not my damn name. I don't have a penis.

Can you not accept a typo. Testy, testy, testy. Besides, why would I think the photo or name have anything to do with you as a person? I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the two are related in anyway.

Can you not point to a particular study or studies? Up to now all you have done is post rumors. Your last rumor is a cover up. Do you have any evidence for a cover up by the CDC? I doubt it!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

This is the most ignorant response so far:

it releases radioactive particles and toxic material & dust into the air.

The material is depleted uranium. It doesn't become radioactive on impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join