It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an anti-Semitic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

I've been asking myself if I am an anti-semitic lately. Because well, first of all, I didn't know what the term meant. I figured it was discriminative toward all Jews. And well, I thought I had no prejudices toward any race or creed or what-have-you. I've always considered myself an equal, because I believe in equality. On top of that, I love my Jewish relatives.

Then recently I've been finding myself getting all butt-hurt about how the Jewish/Zionist State behaves, in general. I was becoming prejudiced against the Jews. So, I delved-into a mountain of research to enlighten myself with facts. I'm an amateur researcher, I know.

I've been picking through the rubble, going to different web-sites; looking for answers. I'll be adding links to pages I'm studying, and asking you fine people to assist me in my venture in gaining knowledge in this field. Let me hear from you which sites you feel are bogus, and basically just telling lies, or feeding sheeple propaganda.

On this site; www.jewsagainstzionism.com... I found that being Jewish isn't the same as being a Zionist. Or atleast, that's what I gather.

Zionism Promotes Anti-Semitism: www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

A short paste from link...

Theodor Herzl (1860-1904), the founder of modern Zionism, recognized that anti-Semitism would further his cause, the creation of a separate state for Jews. To solve the Jewish Question, he maintained “we must, above all, make it an international political issue.”

Herzl wrote that Zionism offered the world a welcome “final solution of the Jewish question.” In his “Diaries”, page 19, Herzl stated “Anti-Semites will become our surest friends, anti-Semitic countries our allies.”

Zionist reliance on Anti-Semitism to further their goals continues to this day. Studies of immigration records reflect increased immigration to the Zionist state during times of increased anti-Semitism. Without a continued inflow of Jewish immigrants to the state of "Israel", it is estimated that within a decade the Jewish population of the Zionist state will become the minority.

In order to maintain a Jewish majority in the state of "Israel", its leaders promote anti-Semitism throughout the world to "encourage" Jews to leave their homelands and seek "refuge".

So, after reading this page, I've concluded that I'm not anti-Semitic. Because a Zionist is not the same as a Jew. Now, I'm still butt-hurt about the behavior of Zionists, I just need a new term for this particular belief system in question. And, well, I have a flaw in my view of equality now too. It's not that I hate Zionists; I hate what they do to further their agenda, and hide behind a respectable "creed" if you will.

Let me offer an apology to those who may have got offended by this stuff...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
More reading...Found here:www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

The true Jewish position on Zionism and the state called Israel is found in the Scriptures in the Talmud and in the oral traditions transmitted to us by our parents and teachers.

At the outset of the Jews' exile to Babylonia, the Prophet Jeremiah, in chapter 29 of his book proclaimed G-d's message to all the exiled…Verse seven reads, "Seek out the welfare of the city to which I have exiled you and pray for it to the Almighty, for through its welfare will you have welfare." This has been a cornerstone of Jewish "foreign policy" how to behave in the lands of the nations throughout our ensuing exiles till this very day.

There Jeremiah adds in the name of G-d (verses 8 and 9), "Do not let your false prophets among you and your sorcerers seduce you, do not head your dreamers which you cause them to dream. For they speak falsely to you in My name. I did not send them." This too has applied to all the would-be misleaders of Jewry whether they presented themselves as prophets or as sorcerers or as dreamers of national aspirations.

King Solomon in Song of Songs thrice adjured the "daughters of Jerusalem" not to arouse or bestir the love until it is ready." The Talmud explains That we have been foresworn, by three strong oaths, not to ascend to the Holy Land as a group using force, not to rebel against the governments of countries in which we live, and not by our sins, to prolong the coming of moshiach; as is written in Tractate Kesubos 111a .

Throughout the seventy years of the Babylonian exile, throughout the 200 years of the Hellenic exile and throughout the 1917 since the destruction of G-d's Holy House, we have steadfastly maintained our loyalty to G-d and have not transgressed His oaths. And we have prayed for the welfare of the cities and the countries of our host nations that did not oppress us, and in their welfare we indeed always found ours.

Whoever violates Jeremiah's principles or Solomon's oaths immediately imperils the welfare of Jews locally and elsewhere in the world.

Still looking for more to add.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here's something I didn't know about...

www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

For whatever reason is behind this, I am dumbfounded!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just because you are critical of Jewish politics/policies, does not make your an anti-semite.

It makes you an informed and critical thinking citizen. To be anti-semetic, you would need to hate Jewish folk, for JUST being Jewish.

Either belief that they control the world, or ruin things for everybody. A blanket statement about Jews would make you an Anti-Semite.

Some would paint you that way for being critical of Israel, but you certainly are not.

I am critical of them, most people of a sound mind are critical of the Israeli government. This is in no way a means of crtizizing Jewish people.

People hate the US for her policies, you don't hear people calling them racists do you?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dunno if the ADL reps are still on passover holiday, but when they get back you will likely find you are labelled AS for starting a thread like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

People hate the US for her policies, you don't hear people calling them racists do you?

~Keeper

Nope, but I do hear the term "American" as if said through gritted teeth. Maybe it's a cuss word outside US borders.

Thanks for your post.

Anyone from Israel want to lend some insight?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I dunno if the ADL reps are still on passover holiday, but when they get back you will likely find you are labelled AS for starting a thread like this.

Huh? I mean, Ha ha ha!

All they gotta do is read it, and take it for what it's worth. And if the truth hurts, come spank me!

And besides, anybody who knows me knows the skin is not representative of the soul.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Don't get me wrong buddy .... I'm right with you.

Anyone has the right to express their opinion on any political movement including zionism. But the zionists seem to suffer from very thin skin and can't take any criticism at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Yup. Thanks.

I seem to have lost a link I had saved to post here to further my "agenda."

Will return shortly.

In a flash_________>

realzionistnews.com...

I've been doing too much reading on this stuff. I wrote an email to this guy and invited him to ATS...

[edit on (4/7/1010 by loveguy]

Oh my!

Seems my email buddy is up to his own kind of propagating...

I'm just going to look elsewhere for my information.

[edit on (4/7/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

That is what happens when a government sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong.

The same goes for Israel.

If you bark enough, people will label you a barker.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by loveguy

That is what happens when a government sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong.

The same goes for Israel.

If you bark enough, people will label you a barker.

~Keeper

Hello,

I don't really mind labels. It's people who come to my house asking if they can enter, and ask a few questions.

That's why I trained my dog to leg-hump.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian Semites.

In linguistics and ethnology, Semitic (from the Biblical "Shem", Hebrew: שם, translated as "name", Arabic: ساميّ) was first used to refer to a language family of largely Middle Eastern origin, now called the Semitic languages. This family includes the ancient and modern forms of Akkadian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Ge'ez, Hebrew, Maltese, Phoenician, Tigre and Tigrinya among others

Anti-semite is a Mind Control word
so is the word Holocaust.

If you are anti-semite then you must be against arabic folks and south-west asian folks as well.. I have heard some jewish folks refer to arabs as dogs or pigs and vice versa. Who woulda thought a jew could be anti-semitic.

As for Holocausts..
every race and ethnic group has experienced one since civilization..not just jews.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Cool! That's some good information. As I was reading your post, I wondered where you were taking me. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Pages I quote from have more to read than what I quote...

Here's a smidgen from this link;www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

Mission statement:

We seek to disassociate Jews and traditional Judaism from the Zionist Ideology by:

* Providing historical and supporting documentation that Zionism is totally contrary to the teachings of traditional Judaism through the words of our Rabbis, Sages, and Holy Scriptures which oppose the creation of a state called Israel.
* Providing historical documentation on the ideaology and creation of Zionism, the supporters of Zionism and the negative impact of their actions on the Jewish people in the past hundred years, including their involvement in the holocaust up to the present day.
* Publicizing the efforts of traditional Jews to demonstrate that all Jews do not support Zionism, which is being ignored by the mainstream media.
* Convince the news media, politicians and the public to cease referring to the state of Israel as the "Jewish State" but to call it what it is: the "Zionist State".

It is our firm belief that when the state of "Israel" is recognized for what it is, a Zionist state which is not guided by the teachings of the traditional Jewish faith, Jews worldwide will be able to live in peace.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Zionism is the most anti-semitic thing out there. The only two groups to believe Jews constitute a 'race' were the zionists and the Nazis.

And such the Zionists collaborated with the Nazis during WWII. They had a common enemy (British) who were restricting immigration to Palestine (under British Mandate). The Jewish militias there sent correspondent letters to Nazis to pledge their support against Britain. They saw the Nazis as the lesser of two evils, they had the same goals, to rid europe of the Slavic Jews, and Hitler assumed it would have a 2nd benefit, the Jewish influx to palestine would create animosity with the Arabs, and they would eliminate each other.

As said above Herzl saw and encouraged German anti-semitism, in the Zionist protocols (or maybe it was his book Der Judenstaat I forget which) he mentions that Germany is the ideal place to foster anti-semitism, France and England would not accept it to mainstream. The Zionists then explicitly said to Germans that Jews could NOT be loyal to Germany as they had religious before nationalism... and other ways of encouraging mistrust.

...Why do you think they called it the Holocaust, Holo:kausten burnt offering, ie a sacrifice. The Zionists considered millions of Slavs to be a necessary sacrifice to achieve an Israeli state. Herzl originally planned to be its Kaiser too, according to his diary.

Zionism and anti-semitism = same thing, so you're probably not, but you sound like an attention seeker by your thread title.

Zionists are people just like you and me though and its ridiculous to say you hate a group of people. Hate ideologies, not people. Like I say I hate Nazism, Zionism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, atheism, fascism, etc but not the people under it, they have their own reasons for saying they are under an ideology some of which are very valid point.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Was reading this page;www.thesacredpage.com... and found some interesting stuff.

This is towards bottom of page.

Thus: "Lest you be wise in your own conceits, I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in, 26 and so all Israel [πᾶς Ἰσραὴλ] will be saved..." (Rom 11:25-26).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Zionism and anti-semitism = same thing, so you're probably not, but you sound like an attention seeker by your thread title.

Thanks.

I guess I am seeking attention. Not stars and flags, just some dialogue.
Catchy title huh? Thanks.

I kinda have to be creative in a way. I am aspiring to publish children's books. I gotta find some way to catch the imagination in order to get my stories read.

I get good practice coming to ATS. And, I appreciate constructive criticism too. Though non-fiction/articles are not my strengths!

I found though that the stories I've posted on the net cannot be used in publication. The two I sacrificed can be found on my profile page...For anyone who may want to haggle and laugh at me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I just mean, you made that your title full knowing the answer and seeming like you had already made up your mind! And when people do that, I assume they just want attention.

Its a very loaded topic on this site because theres 'extremists' in thought some side who say you criticise Israel as a way of secretly Jew-hating, and the opposite side who say anti-semitism is a claim meant to stifle political opposition... and no matter which side you take you're bound to get support on this site.

Sorry if I assumed psychoanalysing is become second nature to me and believe me people take it the wrong way all the time... I dont mean anything bad about you personally.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
I just mean, you made that your title full knowing the answer and seeming like you had already made up your mind! And when people do that, I assume they just want attention.
Yeah, I can see that. I was learning as I was going; what my stance would be.

Sorry if I assumed psychoanalysing is become second nature to me and believe me people take it the wrong way all the time... I dont mean anything bad about you personally.

No need to be apologetic. And not just about this topic, I learned something else new. How do I put it? The more desperate I make myself look, the more desperate I become. Or, something along those lines.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I don't know whether you're anti-Semitic or not - don't know what's really in your head. But I see nothing from your posts that insists that you are.

The term is somewhat meaningless anyhow as people's definition of it varies (as shown in the posts so far).

People who believe in a "Zionist Conspiracy" should recognize, though, that as with any group, there runs a gamut of personalities, beliefs, actions, etc. There's no need nor intellectual accomplishment in "hating Jews" when every characteristic and personality type is represented within Jewish people, just as it is within White people, Catholic people, Aussies, the medical profession, and refrigerator repairmen.

Also, I think your title was great. Nothing wrong with a little provocativeness and if you're sincere, it suggests some personal introspection and what's more important than trying to understand one's self?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join