It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an anti-Semitic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Hello,
Excellent input. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My position is that both sides in the mid east are wrong.

The Palestinian leaders continue to mislead their people and create the situations where their people are virtual hostages in their own lands. They continue to teach hatred. Instead of using the billions that they have received in aid for the good of the Palestinian people, they spend their money on weapons.

The Israeli's certainly have a right to self defense but now, it seems like their occasional incursions into the Palestinian territories have become so heavy handed that it's no longer reasonable.

Both sides need to share the blame for creating a virtual hell for the Palestinian people. Neither side is right, and this is a clear example where two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, i think that only one who really knows the answer is you. Criticising Israel/Zionism for political or moral reasons certainly does not make you one.
And as for religious question about Israel - in the early 20th century a lot, even majority, of religious leaders were against Zionism. And Zionism wanted to create a "new Jew" to stop the anti-semitism in their own weird way, and "new Jew" did not need "old religion" in their opinion.
However it is hardly relevant now since there IS a state of Israel. And country that is central to nation's memory/religion/self identification is not something you pack up. I mean to this day in Jewish calendar dates in which Assyrians/Babylonians/Greeks/Romans did their things in the same land are commemorated. Every day for thousands of years there is prayer mentioning coming back to Jerusalem.
After 1948 several million people were born in Israel, and this is their motherland. So for all those reasons it is a little too late to argue if there was legitimate religious reason for creating a state of Israel or not, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

After 1948 several million people were born in Israel, and this is their motherland. So for all those reasons it is a little too late to argue if there was legitimate religious reason for creating a state of Israel or not, don't you think?

Yup. Jewish people are Jewish, not because they live in a certain geographic area. Zionists are Zionists because they have a messed-up view of the way they think the world should be, and claim to be a respectable assembly of individuals. They are the wolves in sheep's clothing IMO.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Good post mate, S&F

Your no anti-semitic. Still find it unbelivable that they needed a special word for discriminating the Jews.

Sounds to me your an anti-Zionist (like me). I'm against the Israellic State/governement and against the Zionistic regim. That doesn't meen i'm against the Jewisch people. I also don't find myself hating Zionists. I's more or less like a political issue for me.

Hate don't bring any good to this world so =)

regards,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join