It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA vs Melting Aircraft Metals: Who Wins?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
I'm sorry, this is just completely bizarre. Your response to being shown - in your own source - that five bodies were too badly burned for traditional DNA testing, and that those were therefore most likely the bodies that required the "new" testing is simply to edit out the part of the quote that you don't like?

Well i am still trying to figure out how they identiffied all the rest of the bodies. I am sure there were more the 5 that needed the new tests.

As stated and proven heast will destroy DNA evidence and there was a massive fire in the Pentagon that destoyed what was left of the plane.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by REMISNE

No i am stating that not "ALL" DNA identification was possible. Thats why NIST had to come with new testing.

The new testing was not ready untill 2002 AFTER MOST DNA identification was done.

I've bolded the most important words in your post.

If not "all" DNA testing was possible, then the fact that not "all" DNA testing was done (just "most") is hardly a smoking gun.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well i am still trying to figure out how they identiffied all the rest of the bodies. I am sure there were more the 5 that needed the new tests.

You're sure of that?

Okay. But until you can provide some evidence for it I'll just leave you to your unfounded certainties.

As stated and proven heast will destroy DNA evidence and there was a massive fire in the Pentagon that destoyed what was left of the plane.

As shown there is every reason to believe that significant amounts of DNA survived. I'm sorry, but I just don't think you know that much about the circumstances of DNA retrieval and what will or will not damage it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I've bolded the most important words in your post.

If not "all" DNA testing was possible, then the fact that not "all" DNA testing was done (just "most") is hardly a smoking gun.

Why come out with a list dated 2001 saying you are done testing when the new testing was done untill 2002?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by REMISNE]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Why come out with a list dated 2001 saying you are done testing when the new testing was done untill 2002?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by REMISNE]

Perhaps because within the limits of what was possible at that point they were "done". No more identification was possible. The project was effectively at an end.

But then again I've seen no such list so the point is largely moot.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Perhaps because within the limits of what was possible at that point they were "done". No more identification was possible. The project was effectively at an end.

So your saying they stopped doing more identification without waiting to see if the new tests would have identified more?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

So your saying they stopped doing more identification without waiting to see if the new tests would have identified more?

excellent point!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm saying I've seen no such document that says - as you claim - that they announced the end of the ID process.

I'm saying that if they did, it's likely to be because the new techniques were unavailable. They may not have known about them. They may have been unsure of their efficacy - they were, after all, in development - or whether they would be suitable for the Pentagon situation.

All of this can't obscure the fact that you've made outlandish claims on this thread that you've utterly failed to substantiate. And because nonsense is so much easier to create than dispell, you're wasting a lot of everybody's time.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'm saying I've seen no such document that says - as you claim - that they announced the end of the ID process.

Well i see no evindece, no more lists where they continued on with the new testing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There area of dis-trust with the DNA profiling was that no hijacker was Identified on Flight 77.

How convenient for them!!!

To much for me to chew!

If it looks bad...

And tastes bad....

its most likely BAD!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Well i see no evindece, no more lists where they continued on with the new testing.

So? That proves nothing. It may be - as I suggest above - that the new testing was unsuitable for the other Pentagon material. And you still fail to show any evidence that they announced an end to testing.

Besides, all this is irrelevant, an attempt by you to recover some credibility. You began this discussion claiming that all the identifications were made by the end of 2001 even though that was, according to you, impossible. When you were gently shown that your source DID NOT show this, but that five people remained missing, you carried on doggedly trying to prove that something is amiss.

Now you are apparently trying to show that there is something odd about the five missing who you, ironically, previously denied existing. You are doing this without facts, without evidence.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
There area of dis-trust with the DNA profiling was that no hijacker was Identified on Flight 77.

How convenient for them!!!

To much for me to chew!

If it looks bad...

And tastes bad....

its most likely BAD!

Are you serious, or are you trolling?

The five hijackers were all identified. Read the source.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Are you serious, or are you trolling?

The five hijackers were all identified. Read the source.

How did they match DNA with stolen identities exactly? Is there a link to the process you can share?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

So? That proves nothing. It may be - as I suggest above - that the new testing was unsuitable for the other Pentagon material. And you still fail to show any evidence that they announced an end to testing.

The proof that the ended the testing is that there is no proof that they continued with the new testing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
How did they match DNA with stolen identities exactly? Is there a link to the process you can share?

Yes thats kinds of strange, how did they identify hiajckers without samples of the hijackers?

I do not think the FBI has all terrorist DNA on file.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

ARE you serious I CREATED THIS THREAD!!!!

How exaclty can I troll my own thread???

READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

Here is MY OP on this topic...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sheesh....

[edit added link to OP]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Article one about how they ID'd Hijackers:
www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...

When the 9/11 Commission requested that the FBI submit an explanation of how it identified the hijackers, the agencies response stated that it had “Identified names of all individuals onboard the four hijacked flights using flight manifests”. The FBI had also “Obtained identifying information from the airline passenger name records and flight booking information."

Says nothing about DNA!!!

Next here is a GREAT piece of info!
www.fbi.gov...

The FBI requests that anyone who may have information about these individuals-even though they are presumed to be dead- to immediately contact an FBI field office or call the toll-free hotline at 1-866-483-5137.

Even though their presummed to be dead what??

rotf..!

Next if Bin laden was involved then why doesn't his FBI file state so?
www.fbi.gov...

USAMA BIN LADEN IS WANTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE AUGUST 7, 1998, BOMBINGS OF THE UNITED STATES EMBASSIES IN DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA, AND NAIROBI, KENYA. THESE ATTACKS KILLED OVER 200 PEOPLE. IN ADDITION, BIN LADEN IS A SUSPECT IN OTHER TERRORIST ATTACKS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

Now this is resonable doubt, sorry.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's actually pretty simple, and all there in easily-accessed sources.

The hijackers were not identified by their DNA, but their DNA was identified. Five distinct samples of male DNA were found that did not match any of the victims and it was assumed these were from the hijackers. Two came from close family members - brothers, as one would expect.

OP, I suggested you might be trolling because, under a series of posts that establishes that the hijackers were identified, you repeated a hoary old lie about them being the only ones NOT ID'd. I apologise if you found this offensive, but if you weren't trolling you were at least being remarkably credulous.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe I can help you guys figure this thing out. There was no DNA from the hijackers to be identified from the airplanes, because there were no hijackers in the airplanes, because there were no airplanes used the attacks.

Many of the "hijackers" were found to still be alive after 9/11, are you following?

No DNA

No hijackers

No airplanes

Try to catch up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
Maybe I can help you guys figure this thing out. There was no DNA from the hijackers to be identified from the airplanes, because there were no hijackers in the airplanes, because there were no airplanes used the attacks.

Many of the "hijackers" were found to still be alive after 9/11, are you following?

No DNA

No hijackers

No airplanes

Try to catch up.

BZZZZZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER!

The correct answer is:

There was no DNA of the terrorists on record to compare the terrorists' samples to.

IE, the terrorists were ID'd after all the other passengers were ID'd. And through the process of elimination, the terrorists' ID's were found.
Try to catch up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join