It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyrgyzstan protesters storm state media offices

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I find this news disturbing. Using some of the pictures and videos the clashes are taking place in and around the Presidental office, the large plaza infront of the old Lenin museam and the surround areas. I have been to these areas. It is hard to think about how this could play out. I have many friends stationed at The Transit Center at Manas (formally Manas/Ganci Air Base) and by the end of the year I should be back at the base for another rotation. I will send some emails to see if I cannot get any info from the base.

The revolution is not the first as some poster noted before.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Pyle]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I wonder if we will send our forces into Kyrgyzstan in order to uh,"spread democracy." or er,"stabilize." the situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I wonder if we will send our forces into Kyrgyzstan in order to uh,"spread democracy." or er,"stabilize." the situation.

We already have forces there. Manas AFB is a US base. Right now we're in the process of moving thousands of US troops through it to Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I wonder if this revolt has anything to do
with Karzai changing sides all of a sudden

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I get it now – without still understanding it. Basically, the people there are p.o.’d and looking for a solution but there is no way to classify exactly what the revolt is about. That’s pretty typical for an early revolution: lots of people wanting to change the prevailing order but no clear path to follow.

Thanks for your answer – as noncommittal as it was – because it lets me know that I am not the only one that cannot come up with a clear cut explanation of what exactly is going on there. Cthulu!!! HA! Probably the best analysis available right now!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I can't express my appreciation enough AGAIN, very good eye. It seems to me that some may be in denial.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

true enough...one of the main reasons we are over there is to gain control of the emerging asain markets..oil....the pipeline in afganistan...and the poppy...lol...anyways anyone hear about the state government websites all updating thier state title as requested by the guardians of the free republic....there is talk.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wow. All is very interesting to me.

Stuff like this is why I enjoy coming to ATS. Keep up the GOOD work fellas, and night.

I wonder what this means for the U.S...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I wonder if this revolt has anything to do
with Karzai changing sides all of a sudden

Perhaps Mikeboyd can find a recent picture of Karzai with a Russian ice-cream in his hand.

People are asking the right questions. (And the answers are totally fascinating.)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Perhaps Mikeboyd can find a recent picture of Karzai with a Russian ice-cream in his hand.

pause
I don't know but that looks like an Iranian
Ice Cream to me. See how it's tilted to
the far right !!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Such interesting developments in our times.

I do agree the "revolt" appears "professional".

Maybe it was the GRU?

This is their backyard anyways.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Interesting pic:

This is an opposition fighter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0fb3dd827c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the holographic reflex sight on his weapon.

That is an American made sight from Eotech, they cost around $400 US dollars. They cannot be legally exported outside the US. They are used by special operators, private contractors, and some foreign special operations groups.

Also note the modifications to the weapon being held by the man next to him, specifically the muzzle break. Thats another interesting out of place item.

[edit on 7/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

I am in Thailand and I can get that 'holographic reflex sight' for less than 100 USD. Those guys did not just find those weapons and pick them up... no... because special forces would be guarding them. They had to have made the modifications themselves. I am 99% convinced those are their weapons and they know more than just how to shoot them. I think they probably know about psychological warfare.

I am a combat experienced ex-marine, I know a little about weapons and black ops. But plain and simple, you made it sound like AMERICA had something to do with those weapon enhancements, or the presence of those people. For that, I vehemently disagree. I am in Thailand right now and I can buy the sight for 100 dollars inside a shopping mall here in Patong, Phuket, Thailand.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by WarloriousCreed]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
.As soon as this started up all American tankers and flightline personal would have started packing. Where they would move I can't say but this kinda of thing happens atleast once a year, it could something like a air traffic controller strike to (like last year) the pres wants us gone. Our people are testing the waters at Manas International Airport if they resrict our flight ops we will be gone really fast. I can only speak of the tanker ops but this will not effect KC-135s very much but this will really effect the supply and troop movements. All the ISAF troops use Manas which could cause problems.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WarloriousCreed

Mee too - I confirm your info.

Weapons are impossible to buy, but all kind of optics are well presented in Thailand.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So a political leader who flip flopped between being pro- US and pro- Russia is now being punished by the power who is fed up with the switching and swapping?

I'm not entirely convinced that a power change isn't beneficial for both powers.

As an aside, matching up scopes and weaponry with those thought to be the original manufacturers is a tad inaccurate; both Russia and the United States are involved in mass arms dealing...could be the work of a third party.

The truth will come out in the wash...although I tend to think the US will ensure their continued "progess" in afghanistan no matter the details or methods. The only thing readily discernable is that this "revolution" is by no means clearly sought identifiable, which generally spells foreign meddling.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Putin says political upheaval in Bishkek caught him "completely by surprise."

Opposition leader Roza Otunbayeva, formerly the Kyrgyz foreign minister, said the parliament was dissolved, adding that she would head the interim government. She said the new government controlled four of the seven provinces in the Central Asian nation, home to a key US military base supporting the fighting in Afghanistan that the opposition has said it wants to close.

www.jpost.com...

- Just asking from you guys, how important Manas Airbase is for Afghanistan operations?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Manas is very important it is the main troops (American and ISAF) and supply route into afgan theater and a major air refueling base for the region. While the lose of the base might slow things down briefly the US has other routes.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyle

Thanks. I remember something about problem with large airplanes to land in region... Is Manas build for largest planes, or is that problem already solved inside Afghanistan? Just updating my info... If someone wants to help.

Here is funny picture from their "new government" ... US next allies?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Manas Airport can support C-5, AN-124 and 747 and other large aircraft.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join