It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time skipped a day for me last week. Did it for you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've been hesitating to post this thread but after finding out friends and family experienced the same thing I think it might be worth it.

Sometime last week it feels that I missed a day of my life. I can't pinpoint when I felt it or what day it would have been, it just feels that my whole life skipped a day.
I spoke to my close family as well as friends and they all experienced the same thing.

What's even weirder is that many of us feel that during the weekend there was an extra day, like two Saturday's.

Did anybody else experience anything like this?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Considering I had Friday off, I would count that as two Saturdays.

However, I am flagging you to come back after others have commented. I, personally, do not think I skipped a day. Hell, I have trouble remembering what I did last night to be honest.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Only thing I can say is that I usually go onto a website daily to check up on things and for some reason there was a day I didn't check the site. Quite odd but I am quite skeptical that maybe I had though I checked it but didn't.

Who knows? I may have missed more time than I original believed.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It wasn't as simple as not doing something you usually do.

I can trace back all my steps but there's a feeling that a whole 24 hours was skipped and then made up for on the weekend. It's just weird that I can remember what I did all week yet still feel like there was a day that never happened.

I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.

[edit on 5/4/10 by Nventual]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i think its just a memory thing. who knows stranger things have happened but for the sake of logic its always best to assume the most mundane explanation. drinking and smoking can cause forgetfulness.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yeah, there was a Public Holiday last week - it disrupts your Weekly body clock somewhat.

Yes, the body clock has a weekly function as well as the more commonly known daily body clock.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's funny; I had the same feeling. I got Thursday off of classes, though, because my only one got canceled... That could be the culprit. But if this is a fairly widespread sensation...

Did anyone feel this without having a day off last week?

I don't buy that we have a weekly body clock. More that we get into a weekly rhythm. More psychological, and perhaps a variety of muscle memory, than any actual biological function.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
We had the friday off, so thursday turns into the last day off the week and feels like friday. You go out on the town and everything on thurs night instead. Then wed sorta felt like thurs. And the friday feels like saturday.

Thing is though this is the time of year we have a fair few public holls. Do you mean more than just the usual mess around that happens when the public holl falls on a fri?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Over here in Holland, the clock was set an hour ahead, for daylight saving time, so I know I lost one hour last week, but not 24.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i agree. and this was BEFORE Easter. could it have been the hadron thingy?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
no I didnt feel that

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

In a world of infinite possibility, I suppose it could have been "The hadron thingy."

In all likelihood, how the hell would it have done that?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lol, I remember last week I looked and saw that it was Friday and was like WHOA because I thought it was Wednesday.

But I've been lazying around an awful lot lately, so it's easy to lose track of time.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We had the Friday off, yes, but I only work one day a week and it isn't a Friday so that didn't effect me.
The time-loss happened before the Friday, I think it was Wednesday possibly.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

How old are you?

That's pretty damn common if your getting older, it's a memory thing.

Even if you are still young like myself, still a very common memory thing.

A lot of people forget certain days, and make room in there head for other things. I rarely look back a week or a week or two, I'm sure we'd all have trouble remembering every single day of our lives.

Most likely nothing happened that was worth remembering.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I posted about this last week as well
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm

How old are you?

I'm 19.

The thing is that it didn't only happen to me, it happened to friends and family as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Timeline oddities are really fun and weird to think about.

I felt like I actually gained a day last week.

I had a lot of work to get done last week before company arrived on Friday and was shocked to find it was only Wednesday when I thought it was Thursday. I kept thinking, "How did I get all that done already - did I have two Tuesdays or something?"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's odd That I can't help but feel I skipped a day, and what's weirder yet is I log onto my classes every day but weekends, so usually I can mark days well, however last week we had irritatingly nasty weather that kept the lines down for the net, so I couldn't log on every day, so I wouldn't be able to gauge the weekdays(I got verizon on friday) so now I am up every day unless the phonelines go out. I think I skipped wednesday. Every other day I can remember but wednesday. I ordered Verizon Tuesday and thursday the signal was good, so I logged onto the web to hand in the work I had done offline(word doc's) and such. So I remember monday and tuesday and thursday, but not wednesday.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Actually yes. It was b4 thursday. But then again ive been having missing time on occasion,as since last one year, off and on, I was working on my project on zero point energy, where you are actually polarising yourself and the project towards altered gravity and time and also your reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join