It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time skipped a day for me last week. Did it for you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I felt like time had slowed down considerably earlier this weekend. I didn't know what day it was on Friday.

I think the time-skips created by the LHC is due to the fact its scientifically proven that Gravity distorts time. And as the LHC uses electromangetism (and magnetism distorts Gravity itself when in huge quantities,) the fact the LHC is operating at TeV somehow distorts time itself when in a operational mode.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A one that believes time is like the waves of the sea rising and falling, speeding up and slowing down, I always sense time when it's going faster or slower, days that are slower and some that are quicker. yet nothing seems different to anyone as a second is still a second, and a day is still a day. But not for me. I believe the human body and soul has a fixed time flow and that when the universe is off, it can be perceived because your clock is out if sync with that which flows with you, the universe.

The universe rides upon waves like in a pond when you toss a rock at it. The waves travel faster that the matter as in the pond and so passes through the water itself in the form of an energy wave. When this occurs time speeds up and then slows to balance itself with a pitch and fall, with the balance somewhere in between. I believe that these time waves are the driving force causing the universe to expand. I know people think it's dark matter, but I would say that this so called dork matter or energy is actually time disturbance.

As one who also believes that dreams are an alternate and actual dimension of existence, I had a dream three nights ago where I traveled in time. Nothing big like the time machine, so let me tell you.

In my dream, I somehow made off with a device that didn't belong to me but knew it made it possible to time travel. It was small and could fit in my hand. There were no buttons, bells, or whistles. It was smooth and about the size of an apple, and it had a top part and a bottom. One could turn the top part while holding the bottom. At first I was afraid to do it because I didn't want to go back in time and screw up the way life had passed. I was well aware that if I interacted it would change. being married, I wasn't willing to lose that. I looked up at the clock on the wall. It was five past six am. Slowly I turned it. I had the sense of me suddenly spinning around at great speed with this thing I was holding yet so fast that I could still see my surroundings the same as before. Looking at the clock it now said two minutes before six. I turn the device back at it stopped. What I sensed was profound. I felt no different. I sensed everything as if that was the real time, because it was. I was standing in the same place I had been only six minutes before. Only this time it was like before only I knew what was going to happen, even though I was in an earlier point in time, in my body as it was. I turn it the other way and returned to the time I was in at the start. Also, the device had a visible mark on it to tell you where to turn it to match up to the second you left.

What it felt like, was like being slightly dizzy. What I knew was that this thing had two black holes, one on top and one on bottom in perfect sync. When you turned the device it distorted time like twisting it allowing an unmoving tunnel to form around you. The more you turned it, the more time increased of reversed. But there was a force.

I was awestruck by it, and scared and I feared it because I knew for certain that I could go back in time and could effect it in a way that would change my present. I didn't go to the future though I could have.

When one goes back in time to any point. You exist, and what was you ceases to exist in a small period of time. If you leave that point to any other point, you will have thought to be missing by everyone you knew and your present when you got back would not be there for you. You yourself will exist, but only because you had a past, it's just that it's been changed. How long one has to decide if to stay or not, I do not know. I don't know if you go back before your time if it effects you either, it may erase all of your existence. It's not the same for future travel.

For me, it was not a pleasure trip. It was very unnerving, made me feel disjointed and out of place. And it made me afraid. Yet is was at the same time thrilling. And I knew things having had no prior knowledge such as what was inside the device. The power it could put forth was beyond imagination and it could curve time around itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

nope, it did not skip for me in fact the people I knew and my husband and I, both felt a day was added on. Last week dragged horribly for both of us. Then this weekend, which was a good thing, also dragged on. Today flew by for me.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
We had the Friday off, yes, but I only work one day a week and it isn't a Friday so that didn't effect me.
The time-loss happened before the Friday, I think it was Wednesday possibly.

how odd, my husband and I both thought that Wednesday was Thursday, but we were disappointed when we found out it was only Wednesday, hince the dragging week!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not missing any days, I know exactly where they went, However Thursday seemed to FLY by, and I wasnt necessarily doing a whole lot, but everytime I turned around and looked at the clock an hour + had gone by or just to read a post or something would take me 5 - 10 minutes, when it should have taken at most one minute, and I read FAST. In all honesty it felt like Thursday was really maybe 8hrs long and not 24hrs.

Interesting anyway...

Casing

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i find it a bit disconcerting that people are more likely to jump to a conclusion that is so far removed from logic and the mundane only to have said to experienced something extraordinary. i understand that it would be cool if these things did happen and it proved the nature of reality is far more unpredictable that we have been thought.

But the danger in radical ideas without proof or without first eliminating all the other possible scenarios is akin to saying. "i didnt place this bottle of milk on my front door step so it must have been aliens trying to re encode my DNA sequence with genetically modified milk that they materialized from an alternate dimension during the lunar eclipse when the fabric of reality is at its thinnest due to the gravitational shear caused by alignment of the celestial bodies."

Sure its not impossible but its very improbable. it doesnt matter if your buying government sponsored propergander or if your buying the latest alternative idea about peace love and happiness or whatever else their selling. At the end of the day you are being sold an idea and that in turn makes you a pawn. i dont know about the rest of you guys but the reason im here is because i dont like being a pawn.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Enh, I didn't feel like the question directly implied "holy crap time travel in the blood!" or anything like that. I feel like it was just trying to establish whether the OP's experience was solitary, and whether we should wonder if something could've happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The weekend was a long one for me and alot of people I expect so I would have thought everyone gained a day or two considering the weekend was four days long!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

regardless of what it felt like to you there seems to be people willing to entertain the idea that this could actually occur. Im not saying the OP is trying to say this or that in particular. the poster obviously posted a question that they felt they experienced nothing wrong with that. what worries me is the people chiming in possible scenarios to explain the apparent loss of time. such as particle experiments at cern and other such exotic possibilities. NOW before you say hang on how do i know it wasnt cern, im not saying it isnt. all im saying is before we make wild postulations maybe we should eliminate the obvious causes.

The reason the general population looks at people with out of the box thinking like they have a screw loose is because usually we tend to go straight to the most extreme possible cause where most would consider a mundane answer. there is nothing wrong with passing the time by playing games of what if. the danger arises when you start believing the what if's.

just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I disagree about ELIMINATING the obvious causes. I think we should consider them, suspect that they're responsible... and then wonder what else could be responsible. Mostly just 'cuz.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was both surprised and shocked when i saw this thread. I'm not saying that i truly believe it was LHC or anything, but why i was shocked was that both me, my girlfriend and a teacher of mine kept "jumping over wednesday" in our minds for no apparent reason, repeatedly... As far as i remember the day when we ("we" as for my real-life acquaintances) all were mixed up in days was tuesday.

Greetings from Finland.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Now it is getting weird

My grandma and my dad and his friends all experianced the same thing to do with Wednesday as well.

I didn't intend for this thread to speculate on what caused the issue but rather how many people felt it. I wish more people would contribute.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No I didn't miss a day. The feeling is just an illusion. Suggestion can do much too, you know.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Thank you. All last week seemed to have slowed down. I was talking to my bro and he out of the blue said that he felt that time had slowed down. I think it was really noticeable Thursday- Sunday.
Thanks for sharing your experience because at least I know there are others out there who are noticing things we don't have answers for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join