It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Active @ 7.406Mhz Shortwave

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
reply to post by rufusdrak

And how do you suppose that plasma is made? Just like regular speakers is electromagnetic energy turned into sound the plasma speaker is working due to ONE thing: Electromagnetic energy. Stop this nonsense. What are you getting at. My language may not be the best in the world, but the bloody energy you take out of your wall to boil water on the stove is electromagnetic energy. The plasma you see there produce EM radiation as visible light damnit. Leave your stove on on full and wait. Even when cold it emmits light (unless it's at zero Kelvin) but as the temperature rises and the iron becomes red the electromagnetic energy emmited reach an energy where it glows off in the visual range. Damnit. This nonsense has to stop. There is invisible light too you know, and all EM radiation even Radiowaves is light. Invisible, but still it is photons which does the trick.Have you ever tried on night goggles? There you turn this invisible to the eye light into visible light. For fun when you have them on, take a look at the stars. It's quite amazing....

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

You're almost there. You're close..keep going. You finally understand that radio waves and light waves are all the same and part of EM radiation. What you still aren't comprehending though is that none of that has ANYTHING to do with sound.
You said ELF was sound. You were proven wrong. It's electromagnetic radiation.
You said the Schumann resonance was sound. You were proven wrong. It's electromagnetic radiation.
You posted a video showing a plasma tweeter playing music and thought that proved that EM radiation is the same as sound. You were proven wrong. The tweeter was made out of plasma vibrating in the air and thus creating pressure waves (sound) in the air. It had nothing to do with electro magnetic radiation.

Just take the next step you're almost there as I said... just repeat after me EM Radiation is NOT sound and has nothing to do with sound.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

Look....I realized right after posting that I wasn't very clear in what I initially wrote.

There is an edit.

Technically, to say that 'light' is radio, well....only because visible (to Humans) light IS part of the overall EM spectrum.

BUT...and pay attention...AM/FM radio stations transmit in a particular EM range BECAUSE those frequencies are best suited to carry the modulation that is incorporated, so that information can be conveyed, then interpreted by the receiver.

OTHER frequencies can also carry sound....of course. BUT there is a point where it is less efficient.

ALSO, the higher the frequency, the more reliant it is on "line-of-sight".

AM and FM bands are well suited, because they are lower frequency than light, and propagate well....longer wavelengths means they can penetrate through certain solid objects. A "radio" based solely on the visible light spectrum (much higher frequency than 'AM/FM') would be very impractical.

Oh...and LASERS, by themselves, do not make sounds!

You HEAR the reactions of the various objects that the laser interacts with. You can HEAR the sounds of the air, as it is excited. You can HEAR some of the electrical components that produce the laser light, but that's just extraneous noise....

link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Show us information that agrees with the statement that you just made. I need to see hard facts, not just some guy saying..."Hey, listen to me. I know more than you."

You're actually debating that sound is radio? You need proof? It boggles the mind.

Don't even bother with them anymore. It's friggin out of this world hilarious. I thought they taught this stuff in at least the 5th grade maybe 4th grade.
I'm a retard who failed math and science and flunked out of college and I have known this for years just due to my own very CURSORY research on wikipedia. For god's sake.

link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
For you who say sound and radiowaves isn't related to electromagnetic radiation. Radiowaves is infact a form of long waved electromagnetic radiation, but since the frequencies and bandwidth and energy is so low, it cannot travel through empty space for instance, but resonates with things like matter. How about this? I have a more detailed one in my science schoolbook:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47755e3f6e97.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

I tried to parse that sentence, and failed. Taking a swing at it, radio waves are electromagnetic radiation, exactly. No one's debating that - it's obvious.

Sound, however, isn't on your diagram, because sound is not radio. It's not any sort of EM. It's a longitudinal compression wave in a material. About half to 3/4 of the posters to this point are confusing sound for radio, including EvM, who is demanding credentials before he'll believe it's not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker, you're right in that "light", when you restrict the term to the visible spectrum unlike how we've been using it (we refer to the whole EM spectrum as "light"), isn't conducive to information carrying. This is because it is more easily absorbed and scattered than radio waves. After all, sunlight doesn't get indoors except through the window. It is also significantly more difficult (meaning you-have-no-idea-how-expensive) to control the output as a function of frequency as you do in radio-frequency (RF) waves. Without this crucial control, information coding is essentially impossible in an analog sense. You'd also have to put out an enormous power to counteract the attenuation visible light has... which would blind anyone listening to the radio. Visible light... would just be silly to broadcast.

So it was implied that I meant the entire EM spectrum.

And though you're a layman, I myself am a PhD student in biomedical engineering with a focus in imaging science (MRI)... the most physics you can get in BME. Actually, you could also say my focus is information theory... so claiming anything even remotely concerning spectral analysis is alien to me is like a joke!

Rufus, you're right, buncha idiots here. I'm going home for real this time. Good luck herding the sheep.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by pondrthis

OTHER frequencies can also carry sound....of course. BUT there is a point where it is less efficient.

Oh...and LASERS, by themselves, do not make sounds!

You HEAR the reactions of the various objects that the laser interacts with. You can HEAR the sounds of the air, as it is excited. You can HEAR some of the electrical components that produce the laser light, but that's just extraneous noise....

Very good..maybe there's hope for you yet. The 2nd part was accurate the laser is making sound not because EM radiation or light has anything to do with sound but because it excites the air molecules and other such things...

But that first part you said is once again completely through the roof wrong.

"Other frequencies (presumably of EM Radiation) can also carry sound"? NO FREQUENCY of EM RADIATION can ever carry longitudinal pressure waves of sound period.
Sound cannot be heard on a Light frequency period.

Maybe you're mixing up the terminology but sound does not get propagated on the EM spectrum frequencies. It's a completely different type of wave as explained before transverse with wave-particle duality.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah, and I didn't say lasers produced sound. I said they made sounds. And that's because they're causing explosions, which induce pressure waves. The light isn't the sound, the boom is.

I guess I'm not helping, hahahaha

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian MysticEnergy and light, all kinds of waveforms is related.

Physics syncretism? No, they're really not. All energy is not light. EM waves carry energy, except in really oddball conditions. Sound waves carry energy. But sound and EM are not alike. Just because the term "waveform" and "frequency" are used for each does not render them co-equal.

From your moniker, I'd hazard to guess that you are into mysticism, if you're serious about science you're going to have to draw a line between the New Age part of your head that uses terms like "vibration" and "frequency" in non-physics terms, and the part of you that is learning about physics, or you're gonna be real confused.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by weedwhacker

"The Internet, while a valuable, and now indispensable tool, has a dark side, however. Very bad, incorrect and just plain wrong so-called "information" can propagate so rapidly, and lure in gullible people so quickly."

So as long as what you read on the 'INTERNET' that you agree with is good and if you don't agree with it is from the 'dark side'.

No, some information is good, and other information is bad. Not in a moral sense, but in a factual one.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

I tried to parse that sentence, and failed. Taking a swing at it, radio waves are electromagnetic radiation, exactly. No one's debating that - it's obvious.

Sound, however, isn't on your diagram, because sound is not radio. It's not any sort of EM. It's a longitudinal compression wave in a material. About half to 3/4 of the posters to this point are confusing sound for radio, including EvM, who is demanding credentials before he'll believe it's not.

Christ, you're just killing me at this point.

I can't take it anymore it's too much for me.

Listen everyone, if light was sound, then you wouldn't need eyes. You would walk around and see the world with your ears in all its colorful glory.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I cannot listen to the sound on the link your provided! Please fix problem, there is lots of people on here including myself that would love to hear the noise. I have a sw raido and will be tuning it in!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

There are two kinds of Shuman frequency, one which is about the SOUND the earth makes, and the other is the EM radiation which is involved. Somehow the sum of sound emmitted from the earth and the EM radiation involved are the same frequency. This has lead me to believe that there is indeed a close relation between light and sound. It seems to work in harmony for some reason. I know I was abot messy in the beginning of my discussing here, and I am about to fall asleep over the keyboard here now. So sorry if I didn't say EVERY THING there is to know about every damn thing.

For instance, the traditional pitch of A5 (the tuning note) was traditionally 432 Hz until Nazi Germany introduced the current pitch which is 440 Hz. The 432 Hz one was used in earlier times because it was believed to marmonate with the Earth itself, and thereby sound nicer and more powerful. You can do the math yourselv by counting back every half tone in the mmusical scale from A5 to the Shuman frequency according to dividing 432Hz by 2^1/12 or the twelvth root of two. You end up with the Shumann frequency. Somehow people have known this for ages. Even flutes made by Neanderthals were tuned according to this frequency. Ancient instruments found normally are. What a coincidence. It is said that the sum of sounds in any forest where birds sing harmonates perfectly with this scale, and the theory is that this is the reason why they develloped that particular tuning note back during the Baroque. That the EM radiation emmitted from the Earth ALSO has that exact frequency is still a mystery, but Newton who was a reknown alchemist who is now known for his laws on bodies in movement, foresaw this when he said: the planets of the solar system plays music.

link   

Do you hear submarines on your Radio?

link   

He is right, sound and light are like Apples and Oranges, there nothing alike, sound does not contain any sort of electromagnetic properties, like all the others do.

Source: www.kent-hovind.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smallpox

As for HAARP... electromagnetic excitation of molecules may increase the amount of ionized particles in the ionosphere. This creates the equivelent of a voltage potential. The same effect that creates lightning.

It really doesn't, because any ionization you get is neutral - there's no net charge transfer. You'll create one negative ion for each positive one, if you get ionization from it at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Great thread so long as I spin past the unfortunate rhetorical posts. I see a lot of statements about what HAARP supposedly can and cannot do yet there are a few questions not properly addressed.

What is the difference between electro-magnetic and sound waves?

I understand the basics for the propagation of both types of waves. Sound needs a thicker medium than EM waves do and EM waves propagate at a much faster rate but there are matching frequencies for both, some EM and sound waves have the same frequencies. Electro-magnetic waves can become audible by using a radio receiver and amplifying the wave causing a speaker to vibrate. The big question is can this be done naturally?

What are the very basic components needed to turn a radio wave into sound?

Can granite in the Earth act like a receiver and energy in the ionosphere amplify this wave to make it audible?

I think there is more than enough evidence to warrant a query in this regard.

I have read about claims of people simultaneously hearing and seeing meteors enter the Earth's atmosphere yet we know sound can not propagate at the speed of light. The sound should be several seconds behind the image at least and more likely the sound would come long after the image of the meteor has gone.

I have also read about people 'hearing' the Aurora Borealis and this posses the same problem. My point is we could either dismiss this as impossible and go back to our little bubble or look into how this might happen or perhaps find proof that it can happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTheOne

He is right, sound and light are like Apples and Oranges, there nothing alike, sound does not contain any sort of electromagnetic properties, like all the others do.

Source: www.kent-hovind.com...

God that's funny. Who is that Kent Hovind guy.

He says the EM Radiation spectrum is X ray, UV, Light, Sonar, Gamma hahaha...sonar.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

By the way: information about light bending matter is on the 3rd link. This implicates HAARP's capabilities as much stronger than a debunker would have you believe.

Did you actually read the original article with understanding? If so, you'd have found no link there. Basically, they illuminated extremely small particles of cadmium sulfide with UV, which kicked electrons out of it and charged the particles, which then repelled each other and caused them to twist relative to each other due to the electric field produced.

Surprising, but no magic means of creating earthquakes. Sometimes you have to read past the title.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Thanks for taking the time to share.
So refreshing. Way better than --no it can't. that's not true , here is a government non -confidential report-- go sit in the corner and read the crap they make me post.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You think you're 'quoting' me???

"Other frequencies (presumably of EM Radiation) can also carry sound"?

Gonna get you a Shetland pony...it's a shorter horse...

No, that was NOT something I wrote. Now, could you go back, edit and correct, please??

Find the real culprit.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join