It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Active @ 7.406Mhz Shortwave

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This thread is getting crazy... Let's all agree on one thing though.

Light and Sound both are in wave form. Waves can produce work. Work can produce movement. Earthquakes are movement.

Entirely possible...

But HAARP wasn't on at the time... So I would try to eliminate other possibilities before settling on the one huge antenna array up north that was off.

Back on topic anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Can granite in the Earth act like a receiver and energy in the ionosphere amplify this wave to make it audible?

You have to investigate how a speaker works in order to answer your question. Not necessarily a loud speaker but any sort of speaker like even headphones that all work on the same piezoelectric transducer and modern speaker with magnetic techniques. The way I understand it a speaker is basically a couple of magnetics that attract and repel each other and thus pushing a wafer that compresses the air in front of it and thus propagates the air waves thus making sound. It pushes up and down at frequencies equivalent to whatever sound it's trying to make. So for some material to be able to transduce EM energy into sound, it would have to be able to create compression waves by moving really fast, since granite etc doesn't really move then I'm not sure what is able to do that naturally.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

Originally posted by NotTheOne
reply to post by rufusdrak

He is right, sound and light are like Apples and Oranges, there nothing alike, sound does not contain any sort of electromagnetic properties, like all the others do.

Source: www.kent-hovind.com...

God that's funny. Who is that Kent Hovind guy.

He says the EM Radiation spectrum is X ray, UV, Light, Sonar, Gamma hahaha...sonar.

Im guessing, you didnt read the full thing then?

Heres the quote, the important text is in bold for you:

Our first example dates from around 1999. The following quote is from a transcript of Hovind’s seminars prepared by Hovind’s own staff.

The electromagnetic spectrum contains all the different wavelengths. Radio waves, microwaves, X-rays, radar, sonar, including a small piece in the middle called light. [Emphasis added, italics original] [1]

Did you notice the reference to sonar? Sonar is high frequency sound waves used by dolphins and submarines. Recall that sound has nothing to do with light.

But maybe this was just a slip of the tongue?

And if you are still confused, and dont believe this guy, heres a link to NASA, which im guessing they would know:

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Also here is a quote from wikipedia:

A sound wave is a periodic variation in air pressure, while in light and other electromagnetic radiation the strength of the electric and the magnetic field vary. Water waves are periodic variations in the height of a body of water. In a crystal lattice vibration, atomic positions vary periodically in both lattice position and time.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by NotTheOne]

[edit on 5-4-2010 by NotTheOne]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

The most basic radio receiver possible consists of:
1) An antenna
2) A tuner (unless the signal is very strong and overpowers everything else, otherwise you're going to be hearing nothing but noise).
3) A rectifier to pull the signal out of the carrier wave
4) A speaker to convert the rectified signal into sound. Without an amplifier for the speaker it's just going to be an earphone otherwise you won't hear much of anything.
5) A connection from the antenna, to the tuner if there is one, through the rectifier, to the ground.

Pretty hard to come up with a natural radio receiver.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed
This thread is getting crazy... Let's all agree on one thing though.

Light and Sound both are in wave form. Waves can produce work. Work can produce movement. Earthquakes are movement.

Entirely possible...

But HAARP wasn't on at the time... So I would try to eliminate other possibilities before settling on the one huge antenna array up north that was off.

Back on topic anyone?

wrong. first of all light and sound use two completely different types of waves. One uses longitudinal compression waves that compress material/medium, i.e. something it can propagate through. And the other uses transverse waves and is pure energy that propagates not through material but through anything including vacuum. Thus for you to say that a transverse light-wave can produce work which can produce movement which can produce an earth quake is not accurate.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NotTheOne

Please tell me you didn't just say that you believe Sonar is in the EM spectrum and that NASA backs this position?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not for nothing but I think Chemtrails have something to do with guiding HARPS signal like a reflector. They were spraying over the West coast of Florida hot and heavy Sunday morning.

I know how HARP works cause I read the first article about it right after the NAVY grabbed it. It CAN bounce radio signals off the Stratosphere back to ground, They can hit any place on earth with the right antennas and reflectors.

Low frequencies vibrate EVERYTHING and whoever said it doesn't has never hear BASS.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by NotTheOne

Please tell me you didn't just say that you believe Sonar is in the EM spectrum and that NASA backs this position?

No I did not say that, I said and I quoted and boldened it for you, he said it might of been a slip of the tongue as in: he did not mean to say it.

link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Another strange coincidence in the relationship between light and sound, is that in the rainbow spectrum there are seven distinct colour hues, from violet in the high band to red in the low band. And there are seven notes in the musical scale from C to B. Then we have the so called pentatonal scale which has five notes, and these are the notes you can produce simply by playing a trumpet with no valves or holes in it. However, these five notes are part of the seven note linear scale and stretch over a longer interval than the common linear octave. It is believed that these "natural tones" reflect harmony between the twelve or seven note scale and the earth's frequency. Sound is quite amazing.

link   
reply to post by pondrthis

I myself am a PhD student in biomedical engineering with a focus in imaging science (MRI)...

Well, you have the same affliction as I, then. We are being misunderstood, in this medium known as "writing". Because of imprecise phraseology. Sends wrong impression. Not transmitting on same wavelengths.

BUT, at least I'm not the one claiming that EM radiation directly produces sound. Neither are you, although for a while there it appeared you were....

As bedlam and rufus keep pointing out, sound (as we sense it, and refer to it) MUST have some sort of medium, in order to convey.

EM, BY ITSELF, is 'silent' --- since it does not have any effect on our eardrums.

Now....the basic claims here, regarding HAARP, and the 'effects' that it can produce (according to some) are that the lower frequencies, of EM radiation, CAN be heard....is that right, those of you who claim that?

Because, if you believe that, then provide proof.

Along with those claims, another is made that HAARP can, by use of those frequencies, influence in major ways facets of Earth, the biosphere, the crust (to induce earthquakes) and whatnot....

Am I the only one who finds this ludicrous, to the extreme?

It has been often pointed out, in various threads on HAARP, that its output, in terms of power and wattage, is MINISCULE!

It is a gnat's fart in a hurricane.

And, threads like this that perpetuate the HAARP nonsense serve little purpose. Except, perhaps, they might manage to educate some few who take time to reason it out, using real science, and not quackery.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Not for nothing but I think Chemtrails have something to do with guiding HARPS signal like a reflector. They were spraying over the West coast of Florida hot and heavy Sunday morning.

I know how HARP works cause I read the first article about it right after the NAVY grabbed it. It CAN bounce radio signals off the Stratosphere back to ground, They can hit any place on earth with the right antennas and reflectors.

Low frequencies vibrate EVERYTHING and whoever said it doesn't has never hear BASS.

Oh boy we have another one, guys. Bass is sound. HAARP doesn't use sound but radio waves.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Another strange coincidence in the relationship between light and sound, is that in the rainbow spectrum there are seven distinct colour hues, from violet in the high band to red in the low band. And there are seven notes in the musical scale from C to B. Then we have the so called pentatonal scale which has five notes, and these are the notes you can produce simply by playing a trumpet with no valves or holes in it. However, these five notes are part of the seven note linear scale and stretch over a longer interval than the common linear octave. It is believed that these "natural tones" reflect harmony between the twelve or seven note scale and the earth's frequency. Sound is quite amazing.

The 7 arbitrary musical notes have nothing to do with light and do not relate to any "7 color hues" as you claim. Light can be deduced scientifically through a prism. The 7 notes cannot be and do not occur any where naturally in nature. They are arbitrarily constructed through the equal temperament system.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry I got it all mixed up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have no idea what I was thinking. I refer to my last two posts here to show what I was trying to get at, that there is indeed a relationship between light or EM radiation and sound.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Just curious how you know what they (HAARP) is capable of getting? I just find it strange how on HAARP's official site they say all this stuff about how it's about ionosphere experimentation yet no where do I see the results of that experimentation. HAARP has been up for 20 years already and I have never once yet seen or heard of their findings. I thought it was a transparent/open institution or are their findings classified? If so I'm just wondering how you're able to know about what it is that HAARP was able to discover and how you know the % rate of their efficiency etc?

My official reply will be - there are papers which discuss evoking ELF from the electrojet using HAARP which are open lit. One discusses detailed methodologies, although it's a bit tough to chew if you're not up on the tech.

All the electrojet modulation techniques involve changing the ionospheric density that the jet is propagating through. For a long time, they would paint big swaths on the ionosphere along the jet path in a linear mode, narrowing the channel it was flowing in parallel to the ground. If you could see the jet in that mode from the ground, it would be getting thicker and thinner in a sine wave as it flowed past you, east to west.

Now they use a "digital" mode, painting "dots" of low density, so that the jet has to wiggle from side to side. In that mode, they swing the beam pretty fast and fire the array on and off at a high rep rate. If you could see the jet with your eyes, in that mode it would be wiggling north to south dodging "pinball bumpers" painted in the sky by the array.

THAT mechanism worked a lot better than the linear approach. It rotates the ELF polarization but in most cases you don't care, and it reaches 0.001% efficiency (array input to ELF output) in really good cases.

There are some other mechanisms that are being investigated that seem to limit output to a maximum level no matter how much array input is used, they're not really sure why yet. But you get better efficiency at 10W out than you do at 30W out, by a good margin, even with the same electrojet conditions.

There are thousands of open lit HAARP papers, most on Geophysical Research Letters.

To get the not-so-open lit you have to work on related projects for 'they'. Or 'them', not really sure about the grammar involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

The assignment of 7 hues is just as arbitrary as 7 musical notes. There are no natural divisions in the range of human hearing or in the visible spectrum. They are both graduated, not stepped.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Finally someone who gets it. You accurately have stated the biggest problem thus far. People have been confusing ELF with the infamous "brown note" en.wikipedia.org...

the "brown note" is a low INFRASOUND frequency. I.E. it's a frequency of SOUND and is the thing that allegedly causes uncomfortable feelings, bowel movements, headaches and what have you. This is because it's a sub-audible pressure wave that literally hits our body through the air and vibrations of the ground etc.

ELF on the other hand has nothing to do with this and functions completely differently because ELF IS NOT SOUND. ELF is EM/RADIO/LIGHT and has nothing to do with sound and doesn't act in any similar way as an infrasound frequency.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Oh, jebus! Not "chemtrails"!!!!

Not for nothing but I think Chemtrails have something to do with guiding HARPS signal.... They were spraying over the West coast of Florida hot and heavy Sunday morning.

For the umpteenth time...ther are no such thing as "chemtrails", those ridiculous claims that so many websites keep festering the Internet with...

CONTRAILS. Commercial aviation. Jets, at high altitude. Cruise flight, mostly...ABOVE 25,000 feet, predominately. Barely, rarely, above 42,000 to 45,000 feet.

HAARP is designed to excite the IONOSPHERE....

Ionosphere

...series of concentric ionized layers forming part of the upper atmosphere of the earth from around 30 to 50 mi (50 to 80 km) to 250 to 370 mi (400 to 600 km)

See? 30 miles, up to 370 miles (approximately).

NOW< compare to 25,000 feet altitude...that's roughly FIVE miles. 45,000 feet (now that SST is no longer flying, maximum for just about every large passenger jet...business jets can cruise higher, though)...45,000 feet, or just less than NINE miles.

NO, HAARP does not use the "chemtrails"...because there are no such thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
RF of very short wavelength cause friction and vibration, leading to heat.

So yes, radio frequency can and does cause vibration at the molecular level.

No radio shack hardware required.

But the vibrations involved are at microwave frequencies or above, and so are 'heat' as opposed to low frequency sound frequencies. You can't say "oh, it's a vibration, all vibrations are the same, therefore microwaves can cause structural failure due to shaking". Your causal chain has a few links out.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
see thats very odd, i monitor haarp frequently and ive noticed it does come on before these earth quakes, and i live in the bay area and yesterday we had really random rain hella strong and it stopped then it came back.

my Doppler radar for the area leading to baja california was cut off like a strait line and it is in line with the range of haarp.

people i know its just a conspiracy but it was and has been on these days with the earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

The 7 arbitrary musical notes have nothing to do with light and do not relate to any "7 color hues" as you claim. Light can be deduced scientifically through a prism. The 7 notes cannot be and do not occur any where naturally in nature. They are arbitrarily constructed through the equal temperament system.

Of cource the seven notes of an octave cant be accurately measured in the exact same was as light can be. YES IT CAN. But talk to a sound engeneer instead I am fed up here. If there wasn't harmpony between the seven notes then we wouldn't have music damnit. We would have noise. Dividing the octave into seven notes plus the octave note which is the exact same note as the prime note. Mixing these notes together can produce chords harmonating in any of these seven notes frequencies, in the exact same way as when mixing the seven colours of the rain bow can create all shades of colour also harmonating when put together. You can simplify the colour scheme seen in the prism where we have seven visible distinct colours into three light colours, like RGB and using paint into four colours, the CMYK system to reflect these three RGB colours. There are more accurate systems of showing colour too, but in basics we come down to seven shades of light, seven tones of sound. PERIOD.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join