It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theory about ET weakned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
NASA has made pictures of Mars with the HIRISE camera. Well that is nothing new, but they have done this by request of the public So the public could choose the area which then is photographed by NASA. They are gpoing to do this more often in the future. This leads me to think that there is no life on Mars and the government and NASA are not hiding anything. So there is no conspiracy and the people that work for the government or NASA are not brushing things away. This makes the statement that there is a conspiracy and that the people at NASA or Defence etc. are brushing things away much less plausibel than just common sense that there is no conspiracy and they have all good intenetions as the common people. They are like you and me.

What do you think about that?

Source in Dutch

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
maybe.. maybe not.. what do you think ? if they send us there and we can see stuff for our own eyes, sure.

but Pictures .. !

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's a source from today which is in English for those us who cannot read Dutch.

(Link)

but Pictures .. !

Also here is a direct link to the pic's

(link)

EDIT TO ADD: I think this is within T&C, if not then please do let me know but here is a link (from the first link i provided) where you can suggest where the next part of mars is that they photograph.

(link)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How does the weaken the belief that ET exists and is being covered up by the government? I do not understand. Nobody trusts NASA in the first place, and we have pretty good reason to believe they Photoshop images.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
maybe.. maybe not.. what do you think ? if they send us there and we can see stuff for our own eyes, sure.

but Pictures .. !

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Vicodin]

But then you are being parnoide if you don't trust anything untill you can meet an ET or can see it with your own eyes. . It is not just pictures but it is those that are requested by the public. And it support the statement that there are no intelligent ET's on Mars.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
How does the weaken the belief that ET exists and is being covered up by the government? I do not understand. Nobody trusts NASA in the first place, and we have pretty good reason to believe they Photoshop images.
What are your reasons to believe that they photoshop images? Just because some "witness"say that? It is much more logic that there is no conspiracy and the government is not hiding ET's from us. The fact that they let the public choose wich area is to be photographed makes it believable that they are open and involving the public.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

NASA is a government agency that has many ties to the Department of Defense. It is not paranoia or any other delusion to think that NASA is capable of withholding information from the public.

As far as photoshopping, there are many examples from reliable researchers (not just the Richard Hoaglands out there) available here on this forum that says otherwise. Also, how do you know NASA will not "edit" the photos before releasing them to the public?

I do not trust the government and I worked for them.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist
What are your reasons to believe that they photoshop images? Just because some "witness"say that? It is much more logic that there is no conspiracy and the government is not hiding ET's from us. The fact that they let the public choose wich area is to be photographed makes it believable that they are open and involving the public.

Actually, having a look at some of the images NASA produces, and then comparing them to amateur astronomy photos, you can see more differences, blurry shapes, and what seem to be graphic modifications in the NASA photos. I think it's more likely that organic life sporadically exists in space, and NASA covers that up, rather than UFO's zipping around per se. Just watch some of the STS videos. Oh wait, that'd be pointless cause you'll just say that they are "ice crystals."

It is my true belief that certain sectors of the government realize there are aliens or inner-aliens buzzing our planet. What information do they have? Probably none. They just know they're here. I also believe that there are higher organizations within the government that probably have a true understanding of human history, and are not letting it known to the general public. Look up forbidden archaeology, and watch the videos. They're available on Google Video. I encourage you to at least read both sides of the argument before saying that a theory is automatically weakened.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There are dozens of examples, just look at images of Mars... do you think the planet is really dead-red as NASA (a government agency) tells you? It has been proven many times that they change the colors in the image to make people think there is no life on Mars. Or look at blurred/brushed out pictures from the Moon, etc. Too many examples. They will hardly publish what the people want and if they do, there is a high chance they will doctor the image before they release it. Just because they now offer an "offer" doesn't put away the cover-up and lies. It's psychology man, remember that! The truth is slowly coming out if you look at history...

[edit on 1/4/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
'Cosmonauts' ready for Mars test BBC News 3/22/2010

They can still photoshop those photos you linked, I don't see why you could not, they're photos...

4 humans planning to go to Mars is underway, and it is highly possible we will find life on Mars or evidence of past existence of life on Mars.

Link

Link

Link

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How to make a conspiracy is more than saying the opposite or
accusing actions not even attempted.
Mars pictures could be not mentioned to exist or even said to be erased
by accident if there was a conspiracy.
People laugh in the face of conspiracy because others have no control.

Presidential edict usually gets things done.
So many years of not so much for the people are followed by years
of doing things for the people.
See no controls.

NASA is in control so those that are not say foolish things.
NASA didn't say much about loosing the tether when the aliens
straightened it out for 12 miles when it was actually a beam test.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Look up forbidden archaeology, and watch the videos.

No... you should look up forbiden archeology and read it, it is in the library. It is about forbiden archeology and if you actually took the time to read it you would have seen that it is a book that proposes a different version of evolution and has nothing to do with NASA or ancient astronauts.

. I encourage you to at least read both sides of the argument before saying that a theory is automatically weakened

I encourage you to read your side a bit better.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think you're absolutely right.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

WELL post an example of what you claim you say you found them so let everyone see them.

Lets see the amatuer pics v the NASA pics.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
this in no way weakens the extraterrestrial theory.

its simple for them to take 2 pics, one of public choosing, and then one of a bid wide open space with nothing but dirt and sand,copy the sand and dirt from photo 2, and the paste it over what they dont wanna show in
photo 1.

and its even m ore possible for them to take a photo of somewhere that ISNT what the public chose, and then claim that its exactly what the public chose.

also. the et theory talks more of ets coming from different star systems (zeta reticulum(sp?), alpha draconis, etc.) more than it talks of mars.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist

Originally posted by DocEmrick
What are your reasons to believe that they photoshop images?

NASA says they edited an image and I believe them, here's proof, my screenshot of the edited photo on NASA's site:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by DrBunsen
What a difference 24 hours makes!

NASA have removed the 'cloned' image that I originally posted and have replaced it with a different version. The image now appears on the last page of the Apollo 11 gallery, indicating it is a new addition.
Apollo 11 gallery (last page)

Anybody reading my first post about this will now say 'what cloning?'.
I don't know why or when they pulled it, but it's a bit coincidental that they did when we started analysing it here at ATS??
Are NASA spies here LOL!?

If they ask you "what cloning?", refer them to this post.

The image was still in my browser cache from earlier today, and as you said you can even see the cloning in the thumbnail so just to prove it was on a NASA site I'll post the way the page appeared from my browser cache:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f1df59b0d3e.png[/atsimg]

This isn't the first time pictures disappeared from the NASA site when ATS posted about them, Zorgon mentioned it happened to him before too though that was before I joined ATS.

And here's NASA's confession that they modified the photo:

Originally posted by jra
I guess you all can blame me for the image getting changed. I sent an email asking about why the image was retouched and I got a reply saying this:

Thanks for letting us know about the problem with that image.

We checked with the folks in the photo lab here, and they believe that the negative for that image probably has a large scratch in that area. The cloning pattern that you mentioned is a remnant from an earlier version of the print using a method that is no longer in use today.

The photo lab has provided us with a “cleaner” version of the photo that isn’t as yellow and doesn’t have the cloning pattern. We will replace the photo as soon as possible.

And in this post, I reveal what they were hiding:

So while I was surprised to find out that NASA really does retouch photos, once I saw what they were hiding with the retouching, it really doesn't contradict the OP at all. But it still leaves us with a bit of a mystery:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Now if this was from a one-time irreplaceable shot in the Hasselblad and they retouched that, their answer would make more sense, because what else could they use? But if this is from a movie, didn't they have plenty of other frames that weren't scratched they could use? That's the part I don't really get about that answer.

So while I'm a little puzzled by that, I can't say I find it puzzling enough to call it a conspiracy.

top topics

join