It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown: 'immigrants must honour British values'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Gordon Brown said immigrants who are unwilling to honour British values are not welcome yesterday, as he pledged to do more to meet the concerns of the “mainstream majority”.

---------------------------

At last, something Mr.B says which i agree with, but i feel it has come to late for him, i think he should of addressed this issue a long time ago.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It is a strange thing that this politician would say such emotive things shortly before declaring an election but seeing as he says it with such conviction and practiced ease then it just might be true as we all know that politicians only ever work for our interests and never for their own pockets, paid for business interests and other hidden ends - right?

Brown hopes to take the wind out of the sails of the BNP in my opinion and
he will thus say anything!

I have given up on the vote – I hope in an abstract way for a new renaissance that does away with the disempowering notion of government that by its very nature is as corrupt as a huge bag of corrupt things.

Hurl them all into the deep sea and if they sink they are innocent and if they float, prosecute them for being naughty men and woman I say

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Empty rhetoric from a lame duck Prime Minister who isclearly prepared to do or say anything in order to get re-elected.

Brown bought into Blair's open door immigration policy which was / is part of a social engineering excercise aimed at changing the very fabric of British society.

The man is beneath contempt.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The mods could take your post and use it as an example for newcomers as a perfect specimen of "trolling".

Back on topic: Words are just words without any means to enforce them. Did Mr. Brown suggest a means of enforcement?

[edit on 4/1/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

WTF has Northern Ireland got to do with this?

Why on earth do you bring out your anti-UK garbage at every opportunity.

Start a thread on Northern Ireland and I'll gladly contribute and hopefully show your comments up for whatthey appear to be; grossly misguided and misinformed rhetoric and nonsense.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

The mods could take your post and use it as an example for newcomers as a perfect specimen of "trolling".

Back on topic: Words are just words without any means to enforce them. Did Mr. Brown suggest a means of enforcement?

It has nothing to do with trolling, its a fact uk goes all over this world, killing and pillaging countries. they microwaved irish catholics in northern ireland homes, for no reason, other than being catholic.

Britain has no moral values at all other than wanting to rule others. This has nothing to do with trolling, englands history is fact and they brought so much disgraceful behaviour everywhere they go.

Just look at uk footie hooligans.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

It has nothing to do with trolling, its a fact uk goes all over this world, killing and pillaging countries. they microwaved irish catholics in northern ireland homes, for no reason, other than being catholic.

Britain has no moral values at all other than wanting to rule others. This has nothing to do with trolling, englands history is fact and they brought so much disgraceful behaviour everywhere they go.

Just look at uk footie hooligans.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by andy1033]

Andy I'm sure one day you will come forward with some evidence for your more outlandish claims, I really look forward to your thread outlaying what has happened to you. I know many people here would beinterested

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Nothing to do with trolling? Are you serious? The only thing your post says is "I am here to push buttons and offend".

You can go into the history of any country and there you will find some unpleasantries and many mistakes. The UK and the US are no different.

If one wishes to continue beating a dead horse, then there are reasons behind it. The OP is bringing forth a CURRENT issue, not ancient history.

To continue this conversation with you is exactly why you posted and I don't want to provide fuel. So I shall bid you adieu.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Soviet Russia killed millions of it's own people.
Germany started two world wars which killed millions
America nuked Japan killing millions of innocent men, women, and children
The Roman Empire enslaved thousands and murderd British Druids
America killed all the native americans, stealing there land

The fact is, almost every country in the world has done things it regrets.

If you are American, you are living on stolen land, land you stole from the Natives.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Hey while we are on the subject!
The Saxons killed thousands of innocent brits, so did the vikings.

Yeh Holland is such an evil country, all they do it murder and want to rule the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

We are not talking about all those countries.

i am talking about the hypocrites that are uk. The news never reports how bad the uk government really is. Oh i forgot russia and china have bad human rights, but i forgot uk never torture people in there own homes, yep right.

To say that foreign people should accept british values, what values is he talking about. Should they buy microwave weapons of police and microwave there neighbours for no reason, other than wanting to destroy lifes.

Or should the foreign people harass people in mobs.

All these things are part of uk society. So what are the british values he was speaking of?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Whats your beef with microwaves?

And why is Britain such a big bad country?

Looking at your posts your Irish i gather, are you upset Northern Ireland voted to remain part of Britain?

If you don't like democracy go live in Sudan

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Pushing your unsubstantiated paranoia (no offense) to the side for one moment, I do see where you're coming from, somewhat.

I really don't know what British values are anymore to be honest.

It seems to me Brown is just saying this because it's an election.

Just how Labour recently came up with some idea for football fans to be able to buy stakes in their clubs. Like they even cared about such a thing in the past? Just a clear election gimmick.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Looking at some of your posts i think you forgot to take your meds.

Some of his posts:

"Total rubbish, while uk is torturing innocent people with mind control and microwaving them authorised by the government, he comes out with this."

"Uk government are just murderers, and they see any religious person as mental, and have to torture them. My life was destroyed by these scum, and they get away with it as they are in power."

"I think david is being used by british intelligence, and i think he knows it. "

Dam you really have a problem with us Brits

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

My favourite troll. Andy , Andy, Andy... are you ever going to provide any proof to your misguided and nasty claims?

Do you not realise the UK has Catholics? Hell, i was Christened Catholic and so far i've been microwaved exactly ZERO times and i'm almost thirty years old.

Do me a favour old chap and let the government / army know that they must have missed me... as i'm positively radiation-free.

Anyhow - Well done to Mr Brown for saying what has been needed to be said.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well its about time. Im starting to feel like a foreigner in my own country here. I have no problem whatso ever with a multi cultural society at all as long as everyone is treated the same. It drives me crazy when immigrants etc come here and flaunt our laws, or choose to pick and choose which ones they are to abide by.
I dont agree however with going to another country and changing the way the people of that nation live either by mosques or starting complaining because it doesnt suit you or you are offended. If thats the case its simple....Dont go there.
One of my mates is asian and he of all people is the first to complain about it as what happens he gets judged by the way others go on. He himself says thats why people clash with ethnic groups because of the way some go on. Its ridiculous.
remember a while back the woman in iraq? Killed, killed because of her faith.
To be honest the sooner the whole religious fiasco is sorted out the better.
Im not saying that there shouldnt be different faiths or anything like that but could it not be possible that the God(s) that people follow not be the same thing but interpritted differently? Just a thought. (sorry off topic)
S&F though
I hope that this doesnt turn into head hunting though where people of different faiths colours etc are persecuted though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You must live somewhere near a powerstation to think crap like that. Think someone has been standing too close to their own microwave and fried your loaf mate. I dont see what you are on about. No offence.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here we go again more meaningless hot wind and electioneering..

Honestly, can anyone tell me what being British really is??

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You really do crack me up!

I too, like mr-lizard was raised a Catholic and have never been 'microwaved' by anyone let alone the British government, and I'm 44 years old.

Your anti-UK rhetoric suggests that you have been subject to a certain amount of conditioning probably during your formative years....have you reached puberty yet?

I suggest you do a bit of research on Northern Ireland...it has been the subject of countless lies and propoganda, from both sides, for centuries.

Th simple fact is that the vast majority of people in Northern Ireland, including Catholics, wish to remain in the United Kingdom...that my friend is democracy....something you seem to put so little faith in.

Oh....and if it hadn't been for American's funding terrorists then hundreds of innocent people would not have been slaughtered and the pece process would have begun years earlier.
Thankfully it is still intact despite the mechanisations of so many Americans who have never set foot in Ireland yet foolishly wish for a return to some sort of imaginary, idyllic Eire....pathetic!

Sorry for going off subject.

[edit on 1/4/10 by Freeborn]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join