It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok, don't shoot, I'm just the messenger!! After I've seen pictures of some cosmic Nebulae I was sorta thinking if these galactic structures could be gigantic intelligent living beings with a totally incomprehensible nature to us. I mean, before I elaborate my point let me bring here, James Lovelock and his Gaia Theory aka "biogeochemistry hypothesis":
According to him, the biosphere and the physical component of the Earth, atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere (I would like to add ionosphere), are closely integrated to form a complex interacting system that keeps the climate and biogeochemical processes, preferably in homeostasis, though stable multiple dynamic balance adjustments, self-controlled by internal mechanisms. In another words: Earth is ALIVE and is a gigantic organism that feels and reacts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/203dd6cbf329.jpg[/atsimg]

James Lovelock

This theory totally changes our condition here. The life, the living things are results of the self-regulatory geochemical processes of this organism, according to their own needs. I don't know if we can say that the Earth is "intelligent", but no doubt she is "conscious."
So, lets expand the Gaia hypothesis to the whole universe: What if all cosmic bodies, stars, system of stars, galaxies, nebulae... form conscious macro-organisms??? Now I made my point: What if these macro-organisms form intelligent beings of totally incomprehensible nature to us??? Ok, before you say What the heck are you smoking??", take a look at these pics:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cbd983dd865.jpg[/atsimg]

Above, a snapshot of the B1509 nebula, taken by Chandra X-ray observatory. Needless to mention it's perfectly hand shaped...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b08b15fe115.jpg[/atsimg]

Above, the Helix nebula aka "God's eye"... Well, this pic it's self-explanatory...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/274d34ffa04c.jpeg[/atsimg]
The nebula above, recently announced by ESO (European South Observatory), named GUM-19, through the infrared appears dark on one half, and brilliant in another. On one side, the hot hydrogen gas is illuminated by a blue star called V391 Velorum. The dark side totally looks like a half humanoid face. Below I cropped the image and mirrored it, in order to highlight the face:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f74086e5308a.jpeg[/atsimg]

And please guys, cut this "pareidolia" BS. I know that modern science claims that dying stars create fantasy-like sculpture of gas and dust, but HOW some of these "sculptures" have perfect shapes of human body parts?? The ancient Hindu civilizations claimed the universe is a massive intelligent being that they called "Brahman", whose the nature is described as transpersonal, personal and impersonal and all life cycles depend on its "breathing" process, that this same modern science treats as "expansion-contraction" of the universe. Thus, I think it's plausible states that we may be like microbes living in a cosmic host.

I thought the right place to this thread would be here, but if this subject should be in another topic, please, any moderator move on.

So guys, bring the ideas!!!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They are called fractals and exist differently only according to scale.

Awesome that you picked that up!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Please elaborate "Fractals" in this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
have you seen the futurama movie 'into the wild green yonder'? it definitely makes a point about a living universe..........and 1 species without too long to go.......

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being??

That would be my guess. And it's not a far stretch to believe this may be the case. I mean, we think of ourselves as a single living being, but actually we are a collective of living cells. From each individual cells perspective, their universe is a huge living being.

And on top of that, we also have two separate living brains, the left and the right, seemingly working and cooperating together as one (most of the time anyhow). We are two separate brains tied together by a little patch cord that connects the two. Cut that connection and you'll realize there are really TWO of you inside of you. And in a way, our universe has two brains too, a god and a satan.

Yes, I do suspect that our universe is also alive, and we are merely it's living cells.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have thought about this a lot. I would have to say yes, the universe is probably a living organism. The universe would be infinitely large while in comparison we would be infinitely small. Time and light would be relative to our ability to understanding and biology. The viscosity of space may need to be reevaluated using different measures.

The way I see it is that since the universe is so vast our ability to measure the properties of it would be like an amoeba trying to get accurate readings of the oceans. Or a nuclei of a cell on your foot trying to measure the functions of your body.

calculations can be right or wrong, but because we can travel in space doesn't mean we are right about the fabric of the universe. So to be clear, we can say x+y=z and using that we may get what we want. But if x+y=a it would be more efficient and we would get better results.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What if the universe was just a single atom that's a part of some guy's eye, or a rock? And planets are electrons, and the sun is a nucleus?

I saw a picture on here that showed a picture of the universe, compared to a single brain cell, and they looked exactly the same.

(I'm not sure if the picture is reasonable, how would they know what the universe looks like.) It is still interesting to think about though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The last picture you posted looks very much like the mandelbrot set and speaks for itself.

The mandelbrot set is a fractal image of the universe based on mathematics, geometry more specifically. A vector image is one that determines each point mathematically, then it becomes a model that can be scaled up or down.

In our case (visually speaking), the subject of scale can only be percieved as a dimension.

Really if you think about it. Just about everything around you, be it the smallest type of life form it is living. The universe is full of life. The universe is life.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've often thought that we could be inside a huge living being. There could be mini universes inside of us also, where time happens alot faster allowing whole civilisations to be born and die within us during our lifetimes. We could be existing inside a giant human and space as we see it could be just the space between the particles in the giant humans body. The stars and planets being those particles. So the earth and sun could just be mere particles in this giant creature that we may live in. Don't particles rotate around each other also?
As above so below.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I not only think it is possible, I Believe it to be true. Just as our bodies are hosts to bacteria, cells,organisms etc., on a molecular scale, we ourselves are molecular beings to a larger host.

Infinity/eternity knows no bounds. As below, so above. There is no 'end-point' in either direction. We are only a small part of the bigger picture., just as the atoms/nutrons/electrons within each of us is only a small part of the bigger picture.

We are indeed only a fraction of the 'whole' being. And that being is only a fraction...

It never stops. There is no beginning and no end.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I love the idea that Gaia is a living being. We should nurture her so that she can continue to nurture us as is the way with all things.

God has blue eyes? Too cool!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

It never stops. There is no beginning and no end.

Full circle, my friend.

Like I said they are perceived as dimensions.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by thehoneycomb]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
it could also be a huge peice of %^&* from an even larger living being. life could be a waste by-product.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You show some great anthropomorphic nebulas, which along with stars make up galaxies and galaxies make up universes, but if you zoomed out even further and looked at all of the energy that links together, could it simply be something similar to a neuron inside a being of unfathomable size?

(Neuron)
www.bcm.edu...

(Galaxy Clusters)
www.gemini.edu...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being?

Your title is written in Ebonics

None the less, I think that question is only answered by what you determine "living" to actually be.

In comparison to known life forms, comparable on some levels, and on other levels completely different.

Take a star, it is conceived, born, lives, then dies. Comparable to known life forms. However the duration of it's life compared to known life forms on Earth has significantly more longevity. Depending on how you perceive, the Universe is a living, growing, constantly evolving entity.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

we are a collective of living cells. From each individual cells perspective, their universe is a huge living being.

Totally agreed!!
That was I thought but I didn't say. We are most likely complex cells with individual personality. That's why we don't cooperate with the whole organism.

And on top of that, we also have two separate living brains, the left and the right, seemingly working and cooperating together as one (most of the time anyhow). We are two separate brains tied together by a little patch cord that connects the two. Cut that connection and you'll realize there are really TWO of you inside of you. And in a way, our universe has two brains too, a god and a satan.

Here I disagree with you. He don't have two brains, we have ONE brain with TWO hemispheres. This means TWO polarities: (+) and (-). These polarities are all around the cosmos. "Good" and "evil" are polarities and the fight will exist while there was lack of BALANCE. Our ego disturbs the balance and makes oscillate two one or another. Once you are free of ego, "good" and "evil" won't affect you. At this moment you transcend physical life.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

I have thought about this a lot. I would have to say yes, the universe is probably a living organism.

Once you realized that, move to another question: Is the universe an INTELLIGENT living organism??"

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

What if the universe was just a single atom that's a part of some guy's eye?

How many of these "guys" do exist??? They are a family, a group, a race, a super race???

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I have felt for a LONG time now that it is completely possible that stars and planets can "think" to some extent. That the universe is self aware is sitting in your chair right now lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Take a star, it is conceived, born, lives, then dies.

"So below as above". Our cells die every time. Skin cells, organic cells, brain cells, that's why we got old, but we are still living, despite these died cells.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join