It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the universe be a huge living being??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the OP reminded me of the Men in Black ending:

weird but fun to think about it..

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Ionut]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Everything supports spirit or what would be the point of it's existence. Spirit is everywhere. The world certainly has a life force of it's own.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Astyanax,

You are only thinking in our three dimensional world. That is a mistake; if we are talking about our universe being part of a giant being then we must understand that that being would also be all of the other parts in our multi dimensional world. So just because two particles are not touching in this dimension that does not mean they are not touching in another dimension. Also if all of space is inside of a being, then all of time as we perceive it would also be there, at the same time. So everything is touching and information doesn’t need to move faster than light because the information is everywhere at all times.

The being would be a whole and we are only a spec on a paper thin dimension affected by space and time within that dimension. The whole would be all of the dimensions and all of the space and all of the time. Unconceivable to most humans

[edit on 1-4-2010 by AmenStop]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I suppose it could be a huge living thing.

Disturbing thought however. Because if it is well...
You could discribe us humans as a virus or cancer. We demolish our origins and if we are aloud to spread out. ( colonise space )

The question could be are we just a local cold or more like a pandemic ?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"The electrons do not really 'spin' around the nucleus in atoms. They are found in what is called 'orbitals', which are three-dimensional probability distributions, which correspond to the quantum mechanical state they are in. The way things work in such microscopic scales is very much different from our everyday experience, and has a 'logic' of its own, and is (in my opinion) very fascinating.

However, not to give the feeling the question is being fended off without an answer, let me mention this: In the Bohr model of the Hydrogen atom (which gives some right answers, but is known to be essentially incorrect) electrons _do_ spin around the nucleus. In the simplest case of a hydrogen atom with a single electron spinning around a single proton, the electron moves at about 1/137 of the speed of light, which is MUCH faster than sound. Sound travels at about 1100 feet per second, while light travels at 186,000 miles per second.. You do the math."

www.physlink.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AmenStop

That wat I'm sayin, the asnwers to everyones questions are there and more understandable then we think. Just don't think about it and allow your intuition to take over. None of it means anything anyway. Physics only apply as you see them apply.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it's a gigantic ejaculation
orgasm is just a reward to copulate

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, what you are proposing is nothing new. However, rather than every system being a "being" unto itself, it is generally proposed that these systems are organs of one living body.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The earth seems to follow rules just how we follow our "genetics".

Interesting read for sure.

Thanks for the brain food.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book The Shack (not wishing to debate religion, sorry), in it when he talks to 'god', 'god' says he views reality as a fractal.

I'm not very religious because religious people are the same as non-religious IMO as far as their tendencies towards good and evil. But this is fairly interesting if true.

What if humans were just a bunch of free radicals that will spread and destroy the universe unless stopped? What if 'cancer' in the body is just cells that have become self-aware and are trying to conquer what they perceive as the universe?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I think it is very possible that the universe is an living organism, why wouldn't it be? Anything is possible, especially when we don't know much at all really about the universe. We Earthlings tend to not think in terms outside of our own little rock, but that is forgivable. I think this is a very good theory and goes with the saying "we are all connected." Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
you may enjoy this~

Universe Relationship through Gratitude

This is the principle that the Universe of Wholeness represents a collective intelligence that can be personalized as a single Universal Entity. Thus, in this model of inference, there are only two entities in the entire cosmos: the individual entity and the Universal Entity. Inasmuch as the individual is impressionable and constantly changing to adapt to new information, so is the Universal Entity, which is a dynamic and living template of potential energies and experiences that are coherent and as knowable as a friend's personality and behavior.

The Universal Entity is responsive to the individual and its perceptions and expressions. It is like a composite omni-personality that is imbued with Source Intelligence and responds to the perceptions of the individual like a pool of water mirrors the image that overshadows it. Everyone in a human instrument is indeed, at their innermost core, a sovereign entity that can transform the human instrument into an instrument of the Sovereign Integral. However, this transformation is dependent on whether the individual chooses to project an image of a Sovereign Integral upon the "mirror" of the Universal Entity, or project a lesser image that is a distortion of its true state of being.

The principle of universe relationship through gratitude is primarily concerned with consciously designing one's self image through an appreciation of the Universal Entity's supportive "mirror". In other words, the Universal Entity is a partner in shaping reality's expression in one's life. Reality is an internal process of creation that is utterly free of external controls and conditions if the individual projects a sovereign image upon the mirror of the Universal Entity.

This process is an interchange of supportive energy from the individual to the Universal Entity, and this energy is best applied through an appreciation of how perfect and exacting the interchange occurs in every moment of life. If the individual is aware (or at least interested in having the awareness) of how perfect the Universal Entity supports the individual's sovereign reality, there is a powerful and natural sense of gratitude that flows from the individual to the Universal Entity. It is this wellspring of gratitude that opens the channel of support from the Universal Entity to the individual and establishes a collaboration of purpose to transform the human instrument into an expression of the Sovereign Integral.

Wingmakers': Chamber Philosophy 1

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
if the universe is a living being then it might meet another one of it's kind. maybe it can get married and have kids

well.. geez, maybe it already has hmm... haha

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

What if 'cancer' in the body is just cells that have become self-aware and are trying to conquer what they perceive as the universe?

That's a rather unique way of looking at it. That sounds like a whole other thread topic. I'll leave it up to you to start it. It's a very interesting theory that you have there.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hey time91, I have a funny fractal for ya.
maybe this living being we call our universe actually lives on a planet of it's own, with other beings like itself. maybe even it looks into the night sky and wonders about it's own stars and universe.
wouldn't that be a hoot!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
All of creation exists within our Creator, Yahweh. The way creation interacts is not some fluke accident. It was intentionally and intelligently created by the One who whom we owe everything to. And... it is being maintained and expanded. Sometimes that incorporates destruction on some level. Yahweh's holy angels are tasked to do many things besides watching over the residents of Earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

What do all these things have in common.

Galaxy....
The milky way....
Orions Belt
Something about Mary
Money Shot

and ultimately Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Originally posted by Astyanax
why don't you explain to me how, according to the book or your own ideas, FTL communication across intergalactic distances is possible?

I just posted a little something about that in another thread HERE. Reality MUST be an illusion.

So your explanation is that these vast intergalactic distances are imaginary, and reality is just a dream. Perhaps you believe there is evidence from 'quantum physics' that proves this, although if what you say is true, then the 'proof' must also be illusory and unreal.

Whether or not the world is objectively real is a question that has engaged philosophers for millennia. The question has not been settled and, indeed, can never be settled. Certainly, no result from quantum mechanics is going to help us settle it; if the world is an illusion, then quantum mechanics is just a part of that illusion and cannot be real.

Besides, if reality is an illusion, it can't possibly be a living being, can it?

reply to post by AmenStop

As far as answering the distance question goes, your answer works pretty well - theoretically. In practice, however, we don't see matter and energy popping into existence from nowhere, which is what we would see if entangled particles were taking the Pandimensional Superhighway to zip across the universe from one remote location in four-dimensional spacetime to another. We would also see time-travelling particles, which we don't; no-one has ever spied a tachyon.

There is a further, fatal problem with your answer. You are trying to explain one hypothetical situation (the universe is a single living being) in terms of three equally unproven hypotheses:

1. more than four dimensions, as proposed by string theories for which are both unproven and, so far at least, unprovable;

2. multiple universes within this multidimensional space - universes for whose existence we have no evidence whatsoever; and

3. a pandimensional being that contains all these universes within itself.

Occam's Razor is going to need a thorough stropping after hacking away at so many unnecessarily multiplied entities.

By the way, multiplying dimensions does not eradicate them - on the contrary - so taking a geometrical view of time does not put paid to temporality. I feel you need to think about this stuff a bit more in order to grasp it properly - that is, if you really think it is worth the effort.

[edit on 2/4/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting...Love the images. This follows along the lines of one of my beliefs(Spiritualism, Hinduism, Taoism...) of what the universe is, as I've believed for a long time Gaia as an entity, not just rock, lava, etc.

"B1509 nebula" looks like the hand is touching a heart?

If each atom had as it's own universe, one can argue would that be a multiple dimension theory?

Speaking of fractals, which naturally these images can be represented as/with...
because mathematically Fibonacci Numbers(ieGolden spiral) are common in nature... .
Fractals in Narure-Wiki
Also,
There's fractal maker programs that are a lot of fun, as well as one(it's been around for a while) that has fractals form to music...almost to the t with some lyrics.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
although if what you say is true, then the 'proof' must also be illusory and unreal.

LOL, I've said that many times too myself, elsewhere. You can't use or trust any evidence found inside the holodeck to prove you're that you're inside the holodeck.

The question has not been settled and, indeed, can never be settled.

I don't know about. Think about this then. When we ourselves are sleeping and dreaming, we believe it all to be materially real. I mean, we're dreaming, but if a monster in that dream started chasing after us, don't we run from it? Why? Why run from an illusion from within a dream?

Have you seen someone wake up from a nightmare before? They act as if what they were experiencing was really materially real, just like this reality ... until of course they WAKE UP. "Whoa, it was all a dream?"

We may not be able to prove the nature of reality from within the dream, but my 'guess' would be that we will discover the truth after our death .. or rather, after we awaken and exit this illusion. Right now I can't even verify that this isn't just another one of those sleeping non-lucid dreams we experience every time we go to sleep. While I'm experiencing a sleeping dream, it's all just as real to me then as all this right now.

Besides, if reality is an illusion, it can't possibly be a living being, can it?

Why not? Are you not a living being? Does it matter if you are an illusion too, just as we are in our sleeping dreams as we sit by the lake? Do you know that you are dreaming every time you are dreaming? Do you even remember every dream you've had?

Any moment now YOU could wake up and suddenly realize that I was correct .. that all of this was just a dream you were experiencing. Of course, once you've awoken to realize this is a dream, you'd be once again wondering if THAT reality wasn't a dream too.

Since we are so easily fooled by our sleeping dreams, why does THIS reality need to any different for us to believe it's all really real? Or in other words, Occam's razor! An illusionary reality be the simplest answer, would it not? I see no reason why this reality need to be constructed out of anything more than last nights dream was constructed of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join