It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Capsule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If I make a Time Capsule; will someone from the future send me something back?

I was thinking of putting in a titanium record with all the best music;
a copy of windows burned on a titanium cd; and a whole bunch of video games;
some pictures;
and other cool stuff;

then i was thinking of putting a gigantic 50 foot tall metallic statue on top of it that says TIME CAPSULE HERE; OPEN ON THE YEAR 3000 ONLY

We could put in a letter asking them to send us cool stuff;
like free energy devices or medical devices; or UFO's

what do you guys think?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Isn't a time capsule something that people carefully place somewhere protected specifically so future generations can open it up and find out what the people from the past thought about certain tings and how they thought the future would end up etc.

So how can people from the future possibly send something back?
All they can do is find it and then get an idea about the mindset from people from the past.

Also who says that in the future alien creatures will be on earth or in fact humans will have the technology to send stuff back in time?

But then again maybe the increase in technology over the past few hundred years was exactly from what you are talking about

Hey…Ya Never know

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think its not going to matter, since if travel to the past is possible, you only would receive something in another universe and the guy receiving wouldnt be YOU ... so, dont even waste your time trying

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
I think its not going to matter, since if travel to the past is possible, you only would receive something in another universe and the guy receiving wouldnt be YOU ... so, dont even waste your time trying

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Faiol]

wouldnt the other me in the other universe be thinking and doing the same thing?
He would have a cool ass life.....

and if all the other me's were doing and thinking the same thing on infinite parallel universes then there could be a possibility of stuff getting sent to me;

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
How can anyone send anyone a UFO?

And why is this thread even in the aliens and UFO forum? I don't see anything about aliens and UFOs, the question about time capsule contents or a reply doesn't make this thread about UFOs.

You could put contents in a time capsule to be opened in the year 3000, then theoretically you could travel to the year 3000 and open it yourself. We know how it might be possible to travel into the future by traveling at near light speeds, it's traveling into the past that eludes us so far.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
How can anyone send anyone a UFO?

And why is this thread even in the aliens and UFO forum? I don't see anything about aliens and UFOs, the question about time capsule contents or a reply doesn't make this thread about UFOs.

You could put contents in a time capsule to be opened in the year 3000, then theoretically you could travel to the year 3000 and open it yourself. We know how it might be possible to travel into the future by traveling at near light speeds, it's traveling into the past that eludes us so far.

I just thought people from the year 3000 would be alien to us

a higher vibrational state = future time travel

so the opposite would be possible

a super slow or anti vibrational state would equal travel into the past

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It must be something you never end up doing.

Because they would have already opened it and sent it back to you.

And they haven't because you would have mentioned that.

Or, they send it back to you later than now.

Or, time travel is never invented in the future and they laugh at your project thinking how crazy that was. (sort of like how we chuckle at what people in the 20's and 30's thought we would have invented by 2010)

Or, your capsule was looted/stolen before time travel was invented.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

you do your "thing" to receive information from any place time whatever
you would need to expect someone to create a tech to send things to the past

I mean, its impossible to think you would receive anything, if you are not part of some big research lab or whatever

but I feel like time travel to the past is not possible, because it would make everything complicated and a lot more virtual than I imagine ...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
It must be something you never end up doing.

Because they would have already opened it and sent it back to you.

And they haven't because you would have mentioned that.

Or, they send it back to you later than now.

Or, time travel is never invented in the future and they laugh at your project thinking how crazy that was. (sort of like how we chuckle at what people in the 20's and 30's thought we would have invented by 2010)

Or, your capsule was looted/stolen before time travel was invented.

I could make the statue say "OPEN ONLY WHEN TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

yeah but you could put "KEEP OUT - CONTAINS RADIATION, BIOLIGICAL WEAPONS, PLAGUE, BOMB THAT WILL BLOW UP EARTH UPON OPENING"

and some knucklehead will still open it

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

yeah but you could put "KEEP OUT - CONTAINS RADIATION, BIOLIGICAL WEAPONS, PLAGUE, BOMB THAT WILL BLOW UP EARTH UPON OPENING"

lmao

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Amen... to that! Cough, LHC, cough.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Great idea! You could do it much more simple.
You write a letter about how it is now and that you want a visit from the future and write down a date, time and place in the letter. You could even make it tomorrows date. Then you seal it in an envelope with the intention of passing it down throught the family, to be opened in the year 3000.

So you could know if they have mastered time in the year 3000 by tomorrow.
Maybe an idea to try?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Great idea! You could do it much more simple.
You write a letter about how it is now and that you want a visit from the future and write down a date, time and place in the letter. You could even make it tomorrows date. Then you seal it in an envelope with the intention of passing it down throught the family, to be opened in the year 3000.

So you could know if they have mastered time in the year 3000 by tomorrow.
Maybe an idea to try?

passing it down the family is a great idea but what if someone dies and never passes it on;
i was thinking of incasing the time capsule in 100 tons of concrete and putting a huge gigantic 100 foot tall titanium statue that says "TIME CAPSULE HERE; ONLY OPEN WHEN TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You can do both, the letter is just less work to do and you could know quicker, you can write a letter in 5 minutes and know if it worked the next hour.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

You can do both, the letter is just less work to do and you could know quicker, you can write a letter in 5 minutes and know if it worked the next hour.

yeah thats true;
i will do the letter tonight or tommorow

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, also consider how you could be setting yourself up for one of those..."We could tell you, but then we'd have to shoot you" scenarios.

If you actually received something, others would find out. If word got out that the future could send things to the past, literally billions of people would follow your example.... leading to total chaos.

People would start demanding to receive certain things by using threats of killing the great grandparents of whomever originally sent you something... fights would break out over who got what and why.... and don't even get me started on TPTB getting involved....

So they either won't send anything at all... or some punk kid will send you something, and then they would have to send someone or 'something' back to prevent you from receiving it...

A person could go nuts just thinking about all the possible outcomes.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Any news? Or are you currently somewhere in the future?

new topics

top topics

join