It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##God is 1.. Maths tells us##

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have always wondered why this message is so predominant in Quran for a long time. It has been mentioned many, many times in Quran that GOD is one, but what is the importance of that, I still don't know.

I have come to the conclusion that that message can be proven through 1.

For example, nothing can exist without 1.

2 can't exist without 1 because it needs 1 in order to reach 2.

Another important thing is that everything can be divided by 1, that is very important in this sense. Maths is speaking to us, we just don't listen..

What are your opinions on this, I need other people's thoughts to get mine straight..

I'll appreciate any comment.

oz

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Nice conjecture!

I like this theory that it is highly debatable but cannot be denounced... just like the existence of God!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
To be honest, I figure the only reason the Quran (or any religious text) suggest "God is one", is simply religious rhetoric - language used in a way as to induce or emphasize the importance of the anthropormorphic personification of a central, all powering being.

I'm not seeing how saying 1 is not zero or null validates the existence of any supreme being.

How is maths tell you that God/Allah exists? In fact, people could use mathematical probability to calculate the "improbable" odds that a supreme even exists.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

does that mean i am god?

my date of birth... 6/8/1985

6+8+1+9+8+5 = 37
3+7=10
1+0= 1

my last name is Mitchell which means - Who is like God!
Name Meanings

WOOT WOOT! I demand satisfaction!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
To be honest, I figure the only reason the Quran (or any religious text) suggest "God is one", is simply religious rhetoric - language used in a way as to induce or emphasize the importance of the anthropormorphic personification of a central, all powering being.

I'm not seeing how saying 1 is not zero or null validates the existence of any supreme being.

How is maths tell you that God/Allah exists? In fact, people could use mathematical probability to calculate the "improbable" odds that a supreme even exists.

Your point in regards to GOD being one depends on whether you believe in GOD or not.. Your claim that it is mere religious rhetoric is valid only if you don't believe in GOD.

Your second point in regards to probability is also mute because probability can be adjusted for example we humans can adjust probability because we are conscious.. Probability is only valid when there is pure random which I believe doesn't exist in this universe. Nothing I believe is random..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Neither do I - I don't believe in real randomness - everything has a reason, whether we can see/know it or not.

But use 1 as a means of proving the notion, "God is one" doesn't work in my opinion. I just dont see it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

No that means you are a funny guy, they call you the clown of the class, very funny but usually not good with girls if you know what I mean

Anyways, contribute to the topic, I'm here to listen to other people not make fun of their ideas or thoughts.

Well your thoughts are funny, a laughter would be nice in the Origins and Creationism forum sometimes, especially when many people are dead serious.

Thanks for that.

ooz

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
reply to post by oozyism

Neither do I - I don't believe in real randomness - everything has a reason, whether we can see/know it or not.

But use 1 as a means of proving the notion, "God is one" doesn't work in my opinion. I just dont see it.

Well my point is that one is a very important number, and setting the scene let's not forget that maths is the language of this universe. Since nothing exists without 1 proves the claim right..

I'm not trying to argue whether GOD exists or not, that is a whole new topic which need paragraphs after paragraphs of writing because most are really sticky about their beliefs, whether they are Atheist, Agnostics, or Theists.

What I'm trying to do is to side track and go to smaller points rather jumping straight to whether GOD exists or not.

The Big Bang came from nothing, nope it came from something, from 1. The product of nothing is nothing. You can't get anything from nothing. You can't gain anything from 0 hence 0 divided by 1 equals 0. You need one always, and I believe that 1 is GOD.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Tell me exactly why 2 can't be without 1. Are you saying numbers aren't discrete but continuous?

Space is continuous, it needs more space in between spaces to get to the other space, there wil always be space.

But numbers, I don't need 1 to get to 2. And 5 has nothing to do with 2 and 3, neither with 1 or 1 and a half.
A number is an abstract symbol, with its own discretion. 3, 4, 5, etc. can perfectly stand alone.

Cheers

Solid

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye
reply to post by oozyism

Tell me exactly why 2 can't be without 1. Are you saying numbers aren't discrete but continuous?

Space is continuous, it needs more space in between spaces to get to the other space, there wil always be space.

But numbers, I don't need 1 to get to 2. And 5 has nothing to do with 2 and 3, neither with 1 or 1 and a half.
A number is an abstract symbol, with its own discretion. 3, 4, 5, etc. can perfectly stand alone.

Cheers

Solid

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Solidus Green eye]

I don't believe any number can exist without one, let's not forget the notion of time. The universe expanded over time, we don't know how it all started, but we do know it started with an outward explosion hence big bang..

I don't believe that Universe started from nothing, I believe it started from one, and we can practically gain anything from one.

Number five can't exist without one, please explain to me how it can. Either all numbers have to exist, or just one, we know all didn't exist therefore it must be one.

That is the conclusion I have come to, it might not be correct, but then again that is why I'm here at ATS trying to read more experienced thoughts.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There is more than one way to approach this. You cant have existence without the infinite. And only 1 can be infinite. There is no room for 2.

So 1 can't become 2.

If you divide 1 by 1 you don't get a half. But 1.

You can't add 1 + 1. Because there is only 1 to begin with. Its like A = A

0 can never become 1. So 0 doesn't exist within existence.

The infinite 1 has no beginning and no end. So on its own it wont change. But since we have finite (existence). 1 has changed.

For the infinite 1 to change. 1 must have the intelligence to want to do so.

If the infinite 1 didn't have intelligence, than we wouldn't have intelligence either. We can't have something that the infinite doesn't have.

Existence can only exist within the infinite 1. The only way existence can exist within the infinite 1 is by compression. 1 compressed it self and created a finite existence within it self.

Why?

1 + 1 is not possible. When you only have 1 to begin with. So a expansion was not the beginning of existence.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

well lets get serious then, shall we?

1 is unique in many ways. It can represent completeness. Much like a circle...
The only shape with 1 continuous unbroken line. It can represent a cycle.
The cycle of life.

My interpretation of what you theorize is not about GOD. Instead unity, peace, and completeness.
Mind over matter is achieved when you can achieve "oneness". Many believe they can achieve this through meditation. In my opinion this is only a temporary state and not completeness.
Your inner peace is inside you and is different for everyone. One must come to release the physical world and embrace the desires of oneself. And I do not mean temptations. Accept who and what you are and listen to your own untainted voice.
This is my interpretation of GOD.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, the numeric system was invented by early man. So it has nothing to with the universe or what so ever. Numbers are abstract symbols, used to point out a certain amount.

We use numbers, as an abstract tool to simplify the observable in our reality.

I think your point is, that everything is one, not in numerical substance, but in 'being'. That isn't a weird thought or idea, its the main concept of philosophy. We are constantly looking for the unity in things, and research is showing that everything is related to each other.

But to say God is 1... is quite a statement to be making.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

I can't agree with that. Numbers are related as you are related to your parents.
Without 1, 5 is not 5. It is 4 and that goes for every number and every other number in fact.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wouldnt say god is numeral 1 that misses the point.

God is infinity.
Infinity is unity.

Manyness is a finite concept. So yes all is one, and that one is infinite. But the numeral implies a discrete measurable in most minds rather than a complete interconnectedness between all things, and there being no such thing as seperation, only the illusion of it. Lol I laugh when I hear christians say why does god abandon us? what a contradiction, its god (a part of anyway) asking the question of where is god.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

I can't agree with that. Numbers are related as you are related to your parents.
Without 1, 5 is not 5. It is 4 and that goes for every number and every other number in fact.

Well my take on this is that isn't god supposed to be infinite??

If this is the case then numbers are meaningless.

If you have an Infinity then minus 1 you will still have infinity... to that end actually if you were to take infinity and take half of it, you still would have infinity.

Also if you follow the logic of 2 can't exist without 1 then you 1 can't exist without 0 and 0 can't exist without -1 and so on and so on...

I'm a scientist at heart so I personally do not believe in a GOD that any text that exists on earth can describe.

If there is any truth in a supreme being then how arrogant are we to suggest we know the mind of god?

This in my mind nullifies all religions that exist and have ever existed.

But I like the way you have used mathematics here in an attempt to explain something. I wish more people would see how interesting Maths can be.

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well a number is like a ID. A number also has a name. And it represent something. But that something has to have a ID as well.

Numbers and names are used to give something a ID and a function.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It represents a single entity...

...me.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I wouldnt say god is numeral 1 that misses the point.

God is infinity.
Infinity is unity.

Manyness is a finite concept. So yes all is one, and that one is infinite. But the numeral implies a discrete measurable in most minds rather than a complete interconnectedness between all things, and there being no such thing as seperation, only the illusion of it. Lol I laugh when I hear christians say why does god abandon us? what a contradiction, its god (a part of anyway) asking the question of where is god.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by polarwarrior]

I dont see the problem.

There can only be 1 infinite.

I think its a great start to see the whole picture. Because there are many approaches to a answer. And it begins with how a person understand the question.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

For example, nothing can exist without 1.

Another important thing is that everything can be divided by 1, that is very important in this sense. Maths is speaking to us, we just don't listen..

This is a stubling block that caught me out for years.

And it takes some "Experience" or a change in perception from the "1" lol that is the individual ego, to the "1" that is all.

Zero, nothing can exist without 1

Zero cannot be divided by one.

"1" is just a signpost to eventually enable you to see the truth of nothing, emptiness, no validity of an seperate ego.

It appears first of all contemplating exploring this that the answer all is one "1" that the unity is there, that all is "1", it seems so right. But just before you come to the "1" and know it, are immersed in it, accept totally the interdependance of all, when you finally have an experience of this, it becomes clear then that

"1" is a measurement which denotes seperateness, differant things.

"1" is a moving away from union to "This" & "That"

"1" denoted there is somethig less and more

What you mention is a lrage part of the journey to "Union" or "wholeness" however like any journey when you get to the end, there is usually a final door to walk through. When you finally get home it becomes pretty clear "1" is not the answer nothing is closer to the truth as it cannot be divided, measured, compared and is all the same, but that is not the end, just the start of realising all concepts are taking you further from the "Union" seeked.

We need to conceptualise to try and make sense explore this mystery, it serves us well on the road, journey and quest, but ultimately it must be abandoned to fully merge yourself into this rather than just talk about it or philosophise.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

<<   2 >>

join