It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##God is 1.. Maths tells us##

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think my views are similar in ways to the previous poster. God being number 1 does not explain 0. If God is the creator and everything relates to 1, then how does the existence of ZERO occur?

I suppose the only way I could agree with your reasoning would be to consider God in binary. If 1 represents God, 0 represents everything that isn't God (evil?). Come to think of it, I wonder what 666 is in binary...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Originally posted by oozyism
Some very interesting thoughts, and I would like to add my own.
I agree somewhat with the OP.

For example, nothing can exist without 1.

Very interesting. I think a better way to explain is is to say, all things cannot exist without 1.
Nothing does not exist. If we are without 1, we describe it as nothing.

This is a stubling block that caught me out for years.

And it takes some "Experience" or a change in perception from the "1" lol that is the individual ego, to the "1" that is all.
It is all the same if it is 1 or a part of the 1 that is all.

Zero, nothing can exist without 1
1 is existence, Zero is the absence of 1, zero is the absence of existence, zero does not exist. It is a description of the lack of existence of 1.
Just like Darkness is the absence of light.
Just like death is the absence of life.
Zero is the absence of 1, existence.

Zero cannot be divided by one.
Yes, you are right. Zero does not exist, it is the description of the absence of 1, so 1 cannot divide itself by that which describes its very absence.

"1" is just a signpost to eventually enable you to see the truth of nothing, emptiness, no validity of an seperate ego.
My experiences have led me on different path, obviously, so I do not share your insights but they are very interesting. 1 exists and so it is valid, to say that existence(or 1) is the sign post of nothing, no validity or not existing as 1 or within 1 is illogical from my perspective.

"1" is a measurement which denotes seperateness, differant things.
Or 1 could mean just that. It is all 1.
Existence is equal to being 1. All is One.

"1" is a moving away from union to "This" & "That"
Or the terms "this" and "that" are subjective terms we use to help differentiate or divide aspects of 1. This would mean that "this" and "that" are all aspects of 1.

"1" denoted there is somethig less and more
Not really. There is just 1. One. All is one, only 1. Everything is one. We are all one, not separate or individual ones but all just 1.

We need to conceptualise to try and make sense explore this mystery, it serves us well on the road, journey and quest, but ultimately it must be abandoned to fully merge yourself into this rather than just talk about it or philosophise.

Kind Regards,

Elf
How do you conceptualize nothing? The only way nothing can be valid as a concept, is if there is something that exists to juxtapose it against the concept of it not existing at all so then we can call that absence of existence nothing.
This sets up a false duality where we actually think that nothing is something that can describe existence. But it is just the description of the absence of something that exists or the absence of that existence. When 1 does not exist, we are left with nothing, zero.
Zero does not exist. Ever, so nothing can never be existence or an aspect of existence, a description, a concept or the cause of existence because it simply does not exist.
1 exists. I am one, you are 1, we are all 1, it is all 1. All is 1.

Nice thread OP s and f.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Derised Emanresu]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I wouldnt say god is numeral 1 that misses the point.

God is infinity.
Infinity is unity.

Manyness is a finite concept. So yes all is one, and that one is infinite. But the numeral implies a discrete measurable in most minds rather than a complete interconnectedness between all things, and there being no such thing as seperation, only the illusion of it. Lol I laugh when I hear christians say why does god abandon us? what a contradiction, its god (a part of anyway) asking the question of where is god.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by polarwarrior]

And it also states in the Quran that the evidence is everything surrounding us, that being said your statement does hold some value.. Thanks for your response..

oz

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why the Qur'an Insists that God is One

It's very simple, really. It's a denial of Christian belief. Mohammed strongly rejected the doctrine that Jesus was God in human form, or that God is a Trinity.

Verily, in the sight of god, the nature of Jesus is as the nature of Adam, whom He created out of dust and then said unto him, 'Be.' - Qur'an 3:59

O FOLLOWERS of the Gospel! Do not overstep the bounds in your religious beliefs, and do not say of God anything but the truth. The Christ Jesus, son of Mary, was but God's Apostle - His promise which He had conveyed unto Mary - and a soul created by Him. Believe, then, in God and His apostles, and do not say, '[God is] a trinity'. Desist for your own good. God is but One God; utterly remote is He, in His glory, from having a son: unto Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and none is as worthy of trust as god. - Qur'an 4:171

The Qur'an repeatedly insists that God is One to distinguish Islamic doctrine from the Christian.

You must not forget that the dominant culture of the Middle East in Mohammed's time was Greek, and Christian. The Arab word for devil, iblis, is a corruption of the Greek diabolos.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

It is also in Christian doctrine that GOD is one, not just Islam.. There are other sects of Christianity which believes GOD is one.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

The Big Bang came from nothing, nope it came from something, from 1. The product of nothing is nothing. You can't get anything from nothing. You can't gain anything from 0 hence 0 divided by 1 equals 0. You need one always, and I believe that 1 is GOD.

As you are assuming there is a god, and as the assuption is that god creates everything, then the big bang didn't come from nothing/0/null, it came from 1?

Well it will give the scientists something to think about, for 10 seconds at least.

You can no more disprove that the "something" created in the big bang came from another dimension than I can disprove the existance of god, in which case, it dint come from nothing, or one, but just from somewhere else.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by m4nchur14n]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by m4nchur14n

Ohh an angry Atheist ...

Let me do a little dance for you

I never made an assumption that there is a GOD, I know there is a GOD :shk:

Now you tell us, are you an 1. agnostic, or a 2. hardcore Atheist, I bet you will deny the second.. or will you.?.

As I said previously, this thread is not in regards to whether GOD exists or not, let me post that post again so you can read the post which you should have posted your post towards, you lame poster:

I'm not trying to argue whether GOD exists or not, that is a whole new topic which need paragraphs after paragraphs of writing because most are really sticky about their beliefs, whether they are Atheist, Agnostics, or Theists.

What I'm trying to do is to side track and go to smaller points rather jumping straight to whether GOD exists or not.

Go hang yourself

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just because you believe it to be true does not make it so. A billion of you might believe it is true, still doesn't make it true. It is therefore an assumption whether you like it or not. As to my position, I couldn't care less whether there was a god or not. Carry on with your logical fallacies, see how far you get, so far it's getting you nowhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One isn't really one.

How?

Let's look at ONE pencil.

Is it really ONE?

No, it has MANY parts, an eraser, a graphite core, a wooden casing, a layer of yellow paint, the metal holding the eraser, etc.

ONE pencil is really MANY...

How many atoms go into the ONE pencil?

ONE is only a point of reference, arbitrary, really...and only so good as the frame of reference in which it is used, much like other man measurements, like TIME.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It is also in Christian doctrine that GOD is one, not just Islam.

The Qur'an quotes I posted - and numerous others - show clearly that Mohammed disagreed with you. I don't suppose an illiterate transport manager from a provincial city far from the cultural centres of the Eastern Roman Empire would have been too well up in the doctrinal niceties of Christianity - as far as he knew, the dominant belief among Christians was that a man called Jesus was God, and that God was a Trinity. He was right, too. And to Mohammed, these were false, blasphemous doctrines, which he condemned. Hence his insistence that God is One. The Qur'an is quite clear on this, as you can see from my quotes. There really is no way you can legitimately argue otherwise.

There are other sects of Christianity which believes GOD is one.

Yes, there are - today. But in Mohammed's time, the belief that Jesus was a man was deemed heretical after the Council of Nicea, which also deemed that God was One, but manifested in three Persons. The Council issued the Nicene Creed, which Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and most Protestant Christians accept as the basis of Christian belief. Yes, there are some degenerate sects, mostly in America, who reject the Trinity and the divinity of Christ, but to those who profess the Nicene Creed, such sects are not Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join