It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover moral compass in the brain which can be controlled by magnets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think this technology only slowes or misderects the brain paterns/synapses in the brain it cant make you turn in to jack the the riper, by em magnetic fields but it can mess up your daily patern and over prolonged exposure   have a detrimental effect on your mind/brain, but the same effect can be achieved by drugs, alcohol even propaganda. There was something I read a while back that touched on this subject, it was about emp bombs and how they short circuit electronics, and since the brain is a biological electronic machine shouldn't emp from bombs or other sources short circuit your brain. Its a really good question that relates to a lot of things.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Back to the research paper Disruption of the right temporoparietal junction with transcranial magnetic stimulation reduces the role of beliefs in moral judgments:

Rebecca Saxe leads SaxeLabs at MIT, but the study's lead author is Liane Lee Young. From Young's bio under "Research":

About Young's role at SaxeLab :

Looks like the people on page three skipped page two, so I thought I'd bump these links provided by Soficrow.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Knowing the US government, if this is true they'd be the first to abuse it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
maybe this will get you mind going........

I have "logged out" 3 times now and every time I come back to the "computer"....

I am logged in....

do any of you really believe that you have any control over your life?

just asking?

I posted a "blog" way before anyone about what I thought brought down the world trade centers............my normal dsl line went bad and all sorts of stuff happened....it was amazing....I am not scared of anyone or anything but it sure makes you wonder who is pushing the buttons...

great post btw and lets keep "debating"..............

peas

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can accept that the brain can be affected by magnets, but what really concerns me is whether or not HAARP can do anything in light of this discovery about the brain being subject to manipulation by a magnet over the area that influences that behavior. While this concept is easily understood it implies that if this is true, then HAARP must be able to do much, much more than we can begin to understand.

I would have loved if those that conducted this research, had investigated HAARP's magnetic influences over human morality. If the human morality center can be affected by magnets, then HAARP could in theory control what we think is "Right" or what we think is "Wrong" and in affect convince us that what we are doing is exactly what we want to do, because "We Think" it is what we want to do.

This is a real concern for me. I don't know about the rest of the world, but this really wants me to look into HAARP a little more closely than ever before. Anyway, that was just a thought process that suddenly appeared, that I thought I would share.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffdogg
Sry not trying to be a disbeliever (in this case I am glad I am in a way
)
But this story is only circulating on "our" sites nothing credible. I wouldn't believe dailymail if my life depended on it. Just look at some of the lawsuits they have for libel

The Daily Mail has been involved in a number of notable libel suits. Among them are:

* 2009 - January - £30,000 award to Dr Austen Ivereigh, who had worked for Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, following false accusations made by the newspaper concerning abortion.[37]
* 2006 - May - £100,000 damages for Elton John, following false accusations concerning his manners and behaviour.[38]
* 2003 - October — Actress Diana Rigg awarded £30,000 in damages over a story commenting on aspects of her personality.[39]
* 2001 - February — Businessman Alan Sugar was awarded £100,000 in damages following a story commenting on his stewardship of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

I know ppl wanna be the first to post something up for the little "popularity contest" ppl seem to think S&F is about but its not. Its about producing the TRUE facts comming from places that are not quoted as "The Daily Mail is a British daily middle market TABLOID newspaper. Just try to do some research on subjects before you put em on here guys. This forum is turning into a tabloid itself with all this nonsense....

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Jeffdogg]

I actually linked to other reputable sources. Maybe you could read and comment on those.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffdogg
reply to post by Some Kind of Nature

I tried digging around for a more "credible" source the story is only on sites like this on (ATS, david ickle site, prison planet etc..)

The original research paper: Disruption of the right temporoparietal junction with transcranial magnetic stimulation reduces the role of beliefs in moral judgments.

The research publication: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences

[edit on 30-3-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
sign of the times ? > "RADIATION BLOCKING HEADGEAR"

lessemf.com/personal

~

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Interesting find, OP. As soon as I read the article, I wondered how long it would be before HAARP was mentioned. Quite impressed that it took until the end of page 2!
Just to be clear, whatever anyone believes HAARP could do to them, it could only do it if you could see the antenna. This is because the GHz range cannot pass the horizon or reflect off the ionosphere. If it were still operating in the ELF band, the power necessary for its signal to penetrate a human body in Texas say, would be so massive that the whole of Alaska would be uninhabitable.
Hey melatonin, thanks for the good sense.

What made me reach for my TFH was wondering if the proper equipment, used in the correct place (not randomly over an ear), could produce a long term or even permanent effect, if the subject was treated for long enough. Soldiers being less inclined to view brutality by their colleagues as reprehensable, combined with authority & peer pressure, probably would make for more fierce combat units.
On mobile phones: what makes anyone think their phone is as powerful as an X-ray machine? Hang on! Even X-rays have a hard job penetrating bone... Still, if you believe that an EEG on a basketball being affected by a phone strapped to it proves anything, consider 1) mobiles are not going away because they're too useful & 2) if we had more phone masts, the transmitters in each phone could be less powerful.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
Soldiers being less inclined to view brutality by their colleagues as reprehensible, combined with authority & peer pressure, probably would make for more fierce combat units.

^^^ scary thought

Energy stored in the supercapacitor can be rapidly dumped onto the metal plating on the outside of the vehicle, producing a strong electromagnetic
field. I'm guessing this type of technology could be used in various ways
(classified of course)
"force field"

~

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I have noticed people have become a whole lot nastier since cellphones became ubiquitous; there's a tradeoff for everything

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that ears are one part of the body that implants (of the alien variety) are commonly removed from. But then again, most here seem to be stuck fawning over these petty findings of conventional science. I'm sure this is ancient technology, in the world of black-ops. We're building sandcastles while they're building skyscrapers.

When are you all going to be willing to look at things from a broader view? To tune in to the real state of affairs? I'm so tired of how behind the majority are that I've lost my chat manners, as it were. I just don't care anymore.

...Here is just one article of many that I quickly found about ear implants:

educate-yourself.org...

Someone mentioned neodymium magnets, and in fact that is considered one method of deactivating physical implants. It is something I've used myself. I have had tones, similar to a hearing test, occurring occasionally since childhood, in one ear or the other. While of course conventional science has its say on causes of "tinnitus," whose to say millions of us don't have implants in our ears? Anyway, taping a little dime-sized neodymium to your head might make a difference. I didn't notice anything while it was taped behind my left ear; but I did feel after several hours a little dizzy feeling when it was behind my right. Shortly after that I heard a crackly reception sound, for just a few seconds, like a radio I'd say, inside my head. Strange indeed. I can't say the tones ceased after that, but I can say they have been much less frequent.

From the article linked to above:

"Among the people who have been collecting info on this in my circle, these hissing sounds or high pitches often start in whenever the person is engaging in "sovereign" behavior, i.e., any streams of thought, reading, or scanning Net articles which inspire the person to start "deprogramming" themselves from the tribal mindset. So, basically, whenever you start engaging in work or thinking patterns that get you out of the "box" and start to tap into the incredibly powerful energy of your own unique soul spark, working to enhance this essential part of yourself, these implants start emitting a sound frequency."

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is this how they create or will create the torturers?

Sick technology, now if we can use this technology as a grade meter of how moral someone is it might have a good application.

but like most of the advanced technology I doubt it.

Probably DoD and DARPA are already fieldtesting it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's just retarded mind control/manipulation.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Except that a general EM field surrounding soldiers could not target specific areas of their brains. It would affect each of them differently also.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So you know there is a psyhological drug that is meant to stop smoking.

See i could still physically do it out of spite as it doesnt remove my ability to use my arm.

By that logic, what would stop me at this stage of my life from continuing pre-determined actions regardless of morality? Even with the deep effects of there being no morality ( meaning of life issues, worst case scenario ) the most basic human instinct, i would assume, would be survival. I would love to test this, im more than competent i could chain together fairly robotic actions as though i still cared. Reminds me of a mental illnes i read about in a book called " facts and fallacies " wherein thousands of people after the turn f the century lost their spark for life ( all emotions, morality falls under this perhaps? ) and didnt move or do anything just existed.

K i had more to say just then, but when i said my last sentence i thought about women. So im probably gunna go evaluate exactly where my morality is atm

OH and i allways thought hate was in the eyes =D

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join