It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is John

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I've been watching. I've been around the forums. I really never took the time to sign up though because it appeared that the majority of posts throughout this community consists of nothing more than disagreements that reveal no considerable outcomes. But what's new? I guess that's all you really ever get in any forums these days.

My real name is John but my last name is not important. "John Peniel" is just something my Grandfather called me all the time as I was growing up. He was a Preacher and said that the name simply had a Biblical connection to my birth. Not sure what that meant. He died when I as too young to really find out. But I continue to use it as an online name. Few members of my own family ever refer to me as Peniel though.

I myself am an ordained minister but please don't be confused. I am not your typical minister nor do I refer to myself as "Father". I have no more authority on this earth as any one of you and I do not believe in all the typical stuff the average christian believes in. And no I am not Agnostic. I simply grew up in a world of what I thought were predictions and prophecies through dreams and visions... and then again most of the reason I ever became a minister was it was drilled into my mind by my Grandfather that I was 'Destined' to be one for some reason. And yet to this day, I simply preach in my own home and to those 'Passer-Byers' who are willing to listen.

My beliefs are not important at this time because no one has asked. And I have not come to refute beliefs or make war against Atheism or any other ism for that matter. The Internet is full of literally millions of religious disputes. I welcome any one of you to point out a thread on the Internet where two or more apposing religions have come to a conclusive agreement by way of an indisputable outcome.

I will however have no guilt toward telling people how it is and how I see it. However, those who disagree with me will continue to do so and those who agree with me, already knew truth what I had to say to begin with. We all come here for the same reason... To vent. Anyone entering into a forum to dispute a religion, conspiracy or whatever and expecting some sort of 'fame for inspirational development' is nothing more or less than delusional. I've certainly played that failing game in the past. I grew up.

I welcome those whom wish to listen. I welcome those whom wish to debate. However I reject those whom instigate hatred and will not honor them with a response.

My name is John Peniel...
I am not the answer; I am just another book to read. The answer comes from you and your understanding of the words that we all reveal together.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
That was a very nice introduction John.

I hope you find here entertaining, enthralling and educational.

Remember to read the rules and enjoy yourself.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hello John. Are you sure your grandfather didn't mean 'Penile', as it did have something to do with you birth. (:lol
Just playin'.

I just signed up about a week ago, and like you.. I poked around for a few months before signing up. Your introduction was a nice read.. well put and I enjoyed.

ATS as I read it is like anything else.. I take what I can learn from and leave the rest. I will say that there are some very enjoyable posters here that I don't agree with, but deeply respect because of the way they present their arguments. Still there are others that, while we agree, I have no respect for the way they present their case.

I hope to see you around. If this is a peak into how you will post in the future, I'm sure I will enjoy.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hi John I am also new to posting on this site and stumbled on your post.
Just out of curiosity where abouts in the world do you live.
You sound a very interesting guy for a number of reasons which i shall keep to my self for the mo i would like to hear more from you

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jpeniel

Hi John,

I think you are an honest and beautiful soul.

Can you tell me why I am so devastated at my mother's death, even tho I didn't really like her? But I loved her at the same time.

And if you can tell me the point of living...?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Welcome John

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Welcome John , and Honest and Fair Debate on any given Topic is all one could ask for here . Deny Ignorance and Embrace Truth ! A Noble Sentiment IMO ........

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jpeniel

Hi John, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
However, once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join