It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible humans exists in another part of the universe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is it possible there are humans existing in another part of the universe besides Earth? I mean if there is life out there maybe humans could exists in that place as well

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That certainly would come as a shock to millions.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One thing I always wondered about is if the universe was infinite instead of finite, would that mean that there are an infinite amount of planets out there identical to ours.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shade454
would that mean that there are an infinite amount of planets out there identical to ours.

Of course and that would also mean that there are Earths out there where we exist but the history, governments, science, media, etc.. are all so different than the ones we have today that we might not recognize the Earth at all (even though the continents might be the same even).
Sorry if this sounds confusing.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I would think that yes it is possible but I would be bound to say something along those lines considering that I am one of the many who believe that we are being visited on a regular basis by extraterrestrials that look as human as we do – along with a dizzying panoply of extraterrestrials that do not.

Also it seems incredible to me to think that with such a vastly unimaginable number of stars out in the wider cosmos it would be reasonable in my thinking to postulate that similar evolutionary accidents have taken place on any number of planets orbiting in their own goldilocks zones. Perhaps the humanoid is a path of least resistance that evolution tends to take when life reaches a stage where leaps in consciousness and sentience reach a biological critical mass so to speak?

In short I say yes, very likely!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

would that mean that there are an infinite amount of planets out there identical to ours.

Of course and that would also mean that there are Earths out there where we exist but the history, governments, science, media, etc.. are all so different than the ones we have today that we might not recognize the Earth (even though the continents might be the same even).
Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Well yeah, by identical I meant, had all the 6 billion people living on it, 100% identical to ours
Kidna like the multiple worlds theory except all in one universe.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why not? I mean we've barely scratched the surface as far as space travel/exploration is concerned, who knows what wonders we'll find out there in say a hundred, a thousand or ten thousand years from now.

It wouldn't surprise me if a couple hundred years from now we have a ship out there cruising to a distant star and at the exact half way point they run into another ship headed for our galaxy full of a crew that not only looks just like us but is at the same technological level as us.

Or we pass the Oort cloud and get swatted by giant bugs for bothering them.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I normaly don't do this but...

The bible, genesis.
There is written that gods created us in their image.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I would like to invite you into a very interesting read.
Do you know the book the "Thia(o)ouba Prophecy"?
No? Take a search at google, you´ll find it on scrbd.com and more for free.
I read it and was fascinated!
It´s a story about an abductee, who was taken by ETs to their planet.
First i was thinking its just a story, but after it, i was stunned by the facts i know, are right and the feelings about the right things inside.

And also think about: Why is your body like he/she is? Why are humans like humans and not like some SiFi Alien/Bug/whatever?
Answer is energy!
Energy ever takes the shortest/easyest way to build something up.
Your body is like this cause its the easyest way to build your body up!
And as this is a universal law of physics, why should that be on another planet other way round?

peace, love and light to you folks...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

One thing I always wondered about is if the universe was infinite instead of finite, would that mean that there are an infinite amount of planets out there identical to ours.

Infinity is not a number. When you talk about the universe being infinite, it implies that there is an infinite amount of mass in it as well. However, looking at our universe, clearly there is less mass than there is space. But in an infinite universe both would be infinite, and applying these values to the real world would either make it infinitely dense or infinitely empty.

It really doesn't work conceptually or mathematically for our universe to be "truly" infinite. But if you lightly pepper the statement with "for all practical purposes" then you can avoid this dilemma.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It would be interesting because the planet would have to be almost exactly the same, both in history (IE giant wipe outs, asteroids, etc), and in size and position relative to the sun, it would be an astronomically low chance, but nontheless an interesting chance..And highly possible, perhaps even guaranteed if there is indeed a multiverse.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
position relative to the sun

It could be orbiting a Red Dwarf but it has to be like 20 times closer.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If there are humans elsewhere in the galaxy and/or universe, I wonder if they have similar senses of humor. It seems that, if they're TRULY human, for example, they would know what "pull my finger" means. Or are there actually people HERE who don't know that oldest and easiest fart joke? Please forgive my boredom at the moment, and I had red beans and rice for dinner.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It is very very very very improbable, but yes I suppose it is possible. That would of course raise a lot of questions about Evolutionary processes. For instance right now it looks as if Evolution could have taken any direction and ended up with results far different from humans but what if that weren't the case. What if any planet similar to Earth would end up with apes like us? In that case we might hope to see life similar to us, though I'm not sure whether it would technically be considered human or not.

Or perhaps we are part of an advanced alien seeding plan, the aliens are so advanced as to know under what conditions certain kinds of microbes will evolve and what they will evolve into and so they go around matching the right microbes to the right planets and dropping off life. In this way they might be future versions of humans seeding planets with microbes that have a high-probability to become something similar to what they used to be.

I don't know enough about evolution to continue this discussion really... but yeah it is possible... just really improbable.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think it would depend upon how one defines the term "human". If by that you meant a creature that shared the identical genes/genomes as us here on Earth, I'd be inclined to guess no. If you mean a creature that appears like us, or close enough to us to pass as one of us, then I'd be inclined to guess yes.

I think the universe is full of infinite possibilities. There might be worlds that so closely emulate the formation of the Earth (or, if you subscribe to such ideas, had the otherworldly influence) as to produce the same gene sequences.

There have been various writings that claim that Venusians have been/are among us, as well as many others. Who knows? It wouldn't be shocking to me personally to have 'them' step forward.

One thing that, for me, sorta flashes in the face of that hypothesis, is the myriad of different creatures on this world alone. It seems a loooong probability to me that the predominant intelligence of a world would even look like us, let alone have the same DNA. Interesting to think about though, no?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Could humans have evolved independently on another world, ones who are genetically the same or at least similar enough to breed with us? No. That would be a case of "convergent evolution," and that simply doesn't happen. It's just a law of nature. Variance in the genome always increases over time, it never decreases/converges.

A more plausible scenario is that someone or something came down to Earth tens of thousands of years ago and took a sample of humans with them and then let them breed, perhaps even did some breeding of them or genetic manipulation in order "uplift" them into sentience (check out the great series of science fiction novels by David Brin called the "Uplift" series, which deals with this sort of thing, the first in the series is called "Sundiver").

In that case, there would be an another line of humans that could have evolved (or been bred) elsewhere in the universe. Having been raised with and trained by aliens, they'd probably be far more advanced than we are, and given the amount of time, they could well have a fully developed civilization of their own as large or larger as what we have on Earth, or they might be integrated into the alien civilization. Given the time and their technology, they could well span multiple star systems and we, here on Earth, could be more like a tiny group of stone age people on some tiny pacific island somewhere, all but untouched by and ignorant of civilization in the world/universe around them. It's possible that Earth is the mostly forgotten backwater of the Milky Way!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would say it's possible.Hell, anything is possible i suppose.If they do exist on another planet would they be considered human or ET?If they are the humans than are we the ET's?I have yet to see a human looking alien though.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why do aliens and other forums of Extraterrestrial life have to look more humanoid? Now I'm not getting on you guys. I still enjoy Greys and other rumored alien species. but it would be cool to see a really weird looking alien life forum.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Considering many encounters deal with entities called the "Nordics", which are pretty much HUMAN, than yes they probably exist on other world in this galaxy or another.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join