It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible humans exists in another part of the universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
my answer is,

why wouldn't it be possible?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Universe is so big and unknown; the existence of an identical Solar System is more than likely.

I have a serious question

Maybe someone who knows more about space than I can help.

If humans in the future are able to travel to a very distant star in a split second from Earth,

On present Earth today, could we be looking at that star the future humans traveled to with the future humans at the star currently as we are looking from Earth today?

For example Alpha Centauri is 4.37 light years away from our Sun. Say in 100 years humans are able to travel through space via wormhole technology. If humans in the future are able to remove the 4.37 light year handicap and arrive at the planet...

Could we be looking at our future space brothers right now when we look up at the stars in the sky?

Is that possible?

And if it is could the humans come back, but they come back to our time?

edit:
Is it possible, mathematically, to show that future humans are up in the stars currently as we speak.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by game over man]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Could humans have evolved independently on another world, ones who are genetically the same or at least similar enough to breed with us? No. That would be a case of "convergent evolution," and that simply doesn't happen. It's just a law of nature. Variance in the genome always increases over time, it never decreases/converges.

A more plausible scenario is that someone or something came down to Earth tens of thousands of years ago and took a sample of humans with them and then let them breed, perhaps even did some breeding of them or genetic manipulation in order "uplift" them into sentience (check out the great series of science fiction novels by David Brin called the "Uplift" series, which deals with this sort of thing, the first in the series is called "Sundiver").

In that case, there would be an another line of humans that could have evolved (or been bred) elsewhere in the universe.

I agree with this part of your post, it makes the most sense to me of any post in this thread. If there are humans elsewhere, they didn't evolve independently, they were transported there.

This is not only the only realistic explanation, but it also happens to be the theme of the TV show stargate SG-1.

Having been raised with and trained by aliens, they'd probably be far more advanced than we are, and given the amount of time, they could well have a fully developed civilization of their own as large or larger as what we have on Earth, or they might be integrated into the alien civilization. Given the time and their technology, they could well span multiple star systems and we, here on Earth, could be more like a tiny group of stone age people on some tiny pacific island somewhere, all but untouched by and ignorant of civilization in the world/universe around them. It's possible that Earth is the mostly forgotten backwater of the Milky Way!

This part of your post, may be right or may be wrong. Once the humans were transported to different locations in the universe, they might progress at different rates. Yes, progress could be faster as you suggest, but it also could be slower also.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is it possible there are humans existing in another part of the universe besides Earth? I mean if there is life out there maybe humans could exists in that place as well

possible....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think it depends what you count as humans. species that we can reproduce with, or just humanoid life forms, or any species with about the same intelligence as humans? In any case, as far as I am aware, the creation is infinite as well as the diversity in alien lifeforms.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I have a serious question

Maybe someone who knows more about space than I can help.

If humans in the future are able to travel to a very distant star in a split second from Earth,

On present Earth today, could we be looking at that star the future humans traveled to with the future humans at the star currently as we are looking from Earth today?

For example Alpha Centauri is 4.37 light years away from our Sun. Say in 100 years humans are able to travel through space via wormhole technology. If humans in the future are able to remove the 4.37 light year handicap and arrive at the planet...

Could we be looking at our future space brothers right now when we look up at the stars in the sky?

Is that possible?

And if it is could the humans come back, but they come back to our time?

edit:
Is it possible, mathematically, to show that future humans are up in the stars currently as we speak.

You are thinking about it backwards. When we look at Alpha Centauri now, we are seeing it how it looked 4.3 years in the past, not the future because that's how long it took for the light to get here.

Let's say we were able to jump to Alpha Centauri right now, in an instant, and then when we get there we are able to set up some sort of signal or beacon that sends back a laser or radio signal to Earth. That signal would take 4.3 years to get back to earth, so it would get here around July-ish 2014. Even though we send that signal in the present, nobody back home would know about it until 4.3 years in our future.

For instance, here's a picture of the Sombrero Galaxy (aka M104). That image was taken a few years ago by Hubble, but the image we are seeing there happened about 30 million years ago, as the light from that galaxy has taken that long to reach us here. Whatever civilizations in that massive galaxy which might have been looking our way at the time the light in that photo actually happened, existed almost halfway back to the time of the dinosaurs...and whatever light they were looking at from our galaxy happened a little after the dinosaurs died out, because the light from out galaxy also takes 30 million years to reach them!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Although I tend to agree there are humanoids in different star systems, what is it with this galactic federation thing? It's kind of New Age, if u ask me. I like the pics in the vid though; very cool.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I say no....it's absolutely impossible.
With billions of stars, planets, etc out there...we are the ONLY beings out there like us. (Okay, I think you've sensed my sarcasm here)
Is this REALLY even a question or up for debate? OF COURSE it's possible. It's MORE THAN likely. The question SHOULD BE "how long do we think it will be until it is proven?"

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You are thinking about it backwards. When we look at Alpha Centauri now, we are seeing it how it looked 4.3 years in the past, not the future because that's how long it took for the light to get here.

Let's say we were able to jump to Alpha Centauri right now, in an instant, and then when we get there we are able to set up some sort of signal or beacon that sends back a laser or radio signal to Earth. That signal would take 4.3 years to get back to earth, so it would get here around July-ish 2014. Even though we send that signal in the present, nobody back home would know about it until 4.3 years in our future.

For instance, here's a picture of the Sombrero Galaxy (aka M104). That image was taken a few years ago by Hubble, but the image we are seeing there happened about 30 million years ago, as the light from that galaxy has taken that long to reach us here. Whatever civilizations in that massive galaxy which might have been looking our way at the time the light in that photo actually happened, existed almost halfway back to the time of the dinosaurs...and whatever light they were looking at from our galaxy happened a little after the dinosaurs died out, because the light from out galaxy also takes 30 million years to reach them!

Thank you for replying. It is so hard to wrap your head around it, isn't it?

Ok, so the Sombrero Galaxy, what we observe in present time from our planet is the Sombrero Galaxy 30 million years ago. Does that mean if we travel there via wormhole technology we would end up there 30 million years ago? Or would we end up there at the current age of that Galaxy?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Very possible. I think it's fitting to point out the Infinite Monkey Theorem, which states that a monkey (or many monkeys) randomly hitting keys on (a) typewriter(s) would eventually type all of Shakespeare's plays, for example, if given an infinite amount of time.

Going on this logical example, I think it's fair to say that, if the universe is infinite, and new planets truly are being created every day, then eventually every possible planet should be created, including, one would think, many supporting human (or largely humanoid) life.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over manOk, so the Sombrero Galaxy, what we observe in present time from our planet is the Sombrero Galaxy 30 million years ago. Does that mean if we travel there via wormhole technology we would end up there 30 million years ago? Or would we end up there at the current age of that Galaxy?

If we instantly jumped there via a wormhole, we would get there as it is now, not as it was 30 million years ago. So all those dust clouds we can see forming the big dark ring of the galaxy would have probably moved maybe 1/8 the way around the galaxy, as they make their (just a guestimate) 250 million year orbit around it.

Looking in space over these great distances is the same as looking back in time. Our deepest observations of he Universe go back 13.2 billion years, almost to its beginning less than half a billion years before that. So, the oldest structures we see (big, blobby galaxies without spiral forms), no longer exist anymore - at least not in that form. Some of the stars that make them up probably do, (very low-mass stars can burn for trillions of years), but the galaxies themselves are long gone, or at least look nothing like that anymore.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Having been abducted by the dudes in the blue uniforms,yes Dorothy there are many races of humanoids in the galaxy.And we stick together so we Earthers better get our collective #e together and form a unified global defense system ASAP.

We already have friends,we just need to become a collective force to realise our independance,we have to develope the ability to collectively defend our airspace and planetary space AT ALL TIMES.

We are constantly invaded upon, every day by various groups,some deadly.

The only way we can get help is if we first show we can help ourselves by BECOMING ONE COLLECTIVE ENTITY.

We must combine our resources and intellect immediatly because we NEED TO DEFEND OURSELVES ON A PLANETARY LEVEL,and our friends cant even do something that large scale for us.

But if we can come together and show the ability to mass produce the technology they DO HAVE TO SHARE ,then we are going to be OK and able to defend our planet,at least have a chance to contribute to the cause of humanity in the Galaxy even if we become martyrs battling for our humanitarian right to survive.Remember we are never and have never been ALONE here or in the Galaxy,we will survive or perish with our fellow races wether we are all aware of their existance presently or not.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
For all the peacenicks out there the ones who took me WERE ON A WARSHIP,not a taxi.And I was told some things about a galactic war we are indirectly already involved in by virtue of our existance which has BEEN HIDDEN FOR HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF YEARS ,because WE ARE ACTUALLY A HIDDEN OUTPOST OR RESOURCE DEPOT,FOR MATERIALS AND MANPOWER.

The probes and other crap that are destroyed are destroyed to keep our existance secret or hidden for as long as possile,if we are discovered to be an asset we will be attacked and possibly destroyed.

Even if we UNITE AS A SPECIES we are no match alone if we are targeted,we will need allies,hence the importance of a global government and fast.We need to create a situation where our global ability will allow us to utilise the available technology to create a defense strategy for ourselves.We have help we just have to PUT UPP ON A GLOBAL SCALE OR SHUT UP.

Our survival isnt all that important in the big scheme we are far FROM DEALBREAKERS,we are barely considered to be a loss if we are destroyed,EVEN BY OUR HUMAN RELATIVES,the universe is a big place and after all WE WERE SEEDED HERE WITH A TACTICAL PURPOSE.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes but we can't see them right now.
Meaning Ghost Whisperer is another mass media lie.
We are all in the same dimension and time.
Basically Einstein was a nut job and is screwing us out of good sense.
Good for physics books to mention in the transition from empirical
formula to atomic statistical mathematics to explain the formula we
already had but his other work is not used in practicality and good for
snubbing up noses to the masses.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yes we can see them ,nobody listens or incredibly ,no one believes the thousands of pictures videos and even the MASS SIGHTINGS.

Explain this reality,how the masses could be so slow to wake up,how the churches could fail to embrace new races of humanity under gods banner as they fly it??

I mean even the Churches are in denial when it would be in their best interest to start suckholeing to new races immediatly.

I believe that the reason billions cant accept of become part of this reality IS BECAUSE THEY ARE FATED TO NOT BE A PART OF THE COMING FUTURE REALITY WE WILL ALL EXPERIENCE TOGETHER.

There is no other rational explanation for their inability to at least consider this new perspective and potential future.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If humans exist somewhere besides earth, then either we are not native to earth, or they came from earth. It is impossible for humans to evolve on two different planets.

If you subscribe to the belief that humans have had advanced technology in the distant past, then it is an easy conclusion that we may have already explored distant star systems and colonized other worlds (or perhaps originated somewhere else and colonized earth). This is possible.

So in conclusion, yes, it is possible, but it would mean that we have been a space-faring race for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over manOk, so the Sombrero Galaxy, what we observe in present time from our planet is the Sombrero Galaxy 30 million years ago. Does that mean if we travel there via wormhole technology we would end up there 30 million years ago? Or would we end up there at the current age of that Galaxy?

If we instantly jumped there via a wormhole, we would get there as it is now, not as it was 30 million years ago.

So if we got to the Sombrero Galaxy as it is now, what age would that be relative to the Universe, and what age would we be observing at of the Earth?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by game over man]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Not only do I think it's possible, I believe its very likely that there are human like beings somewhere out there. So yeah I don't see why not. Just because its not in the bible or other "holy" scripture doesnt mean its not there. And just because we cant prove that they out there doesnt mean they are not either.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AkoMakolet

LOL explain "impossible". That's a bold claim with no backup whatsoever. I'd like to know where you are getting your information from and how you are coming to such radical conclusions.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There are something like 400 billion stars in this galaxy alone. Multiple planets/moons are expected to be found around a good percentage of them.

It happened here, so under similar conditions then of course it's entirely possible that 'human' aliens exist on other planets. There is nothing special or unique about Earth, so absolutely no reason why it can't happen elsewhere in the galaxy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join