It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evidence of a possible GEOMAGNETIC REVERSAL pole shift!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
quote//
One idea proposed in these films involves a geomagnetic reversal (often incorrectly referred to as a polar shift by proponents of this hypothesis), which could be triggered by a massive solar flare, one with energy equal to 100 billion atomic bombs.[68] This belief is supposedly supported by observations that the Earth's magnetic field is weakening,[69] which indicates an impending reversal of the north and south magnetic poles. Scientists believe the Earth is overdue for a geomagnetic reversal, and has been for a long time, even since the time of the Mayans, because the last reversal was 780,000 years ago.[70] Critics, however, claim geomagnetic reversals take up to 5,000 years to complete, and do not start on any particular date. Also, NOAA now predicts that the solar maximum will peak in 2013, not 2012, and that it will be fairly weak, with a below-average number of sunspots.[71] In any case, there is no scientific evidence linking a solar maximum to a geomagnetic reversal.[72] A solar maximum would be mostly notable for its effects on satellite and cellular phone communications.[73]

saw this in wikipedia and wondered if there was any truth to it or scienctific evidence that what wikipedia is saying is really correct..

[edit on 27-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

quote//
Over the past century the pole has moved 685 miles (1,100 kilometers) from Arctic Canada toward Siberia, says Joe Stoner, a paleomagnetist at Oregon State University.

At its current rate the pole could move to Siberia within the next half-century, Stoner said.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

quote//
Earth's magnetic field is fading. Today it is about 10 percent weaker than it was when German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss started keeping tabs on it in 1845, scientists say.

If the trend continues, the field may collapse altogether and then reverse. Compasses would point south instead of north.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
quote//
Earth's Magnetic Field Reversals Illuminated By Lava Flows Study
Singer teamed up with paleomagnetist Kenneth Hoffman, who has been researching field reversals for over 30 years, to analyze ancient lava flows from Tahiti and western Germany in order to study past patterns of the Earth's magnetic field. The magnetism of iron-rich minerals in molten lava orients along the prevailing field, then becomes locked into place as the lava cools and hardens.

"When the lava flows erupt and cool in the Earth's magnetic field, they acquire a memory of the magnetic field at that time," says Singer. "It's very difficult to destroy that in a lava flow once it's formed. You then have a recording of what the paleofield direction was like on Earth."
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

i've often wondered this question for a while now but also realised that we are being sold this info in petty hand sized proportions, not just grasping the fact that earth is changing over the next few thousand years which makes me come to believe that 2012 is not apocolyptic as it may seem,
the earth is in change as from 1800's onwards.

lets see what's been happening....
ill be back

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
bird flocks losing sense of direction
freak weather/hurricanes/waves
out of season storms
droughts/heavy unsuspected rain
rising sea levels
tv/radio connection losses
major power outages
different human behavior
severe earthquakes

change in sea levels earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

birds loss of direction news.bbc.co.uk...

volcanic frequencies hadobs.metoffice.com...

theres a few more here i can add just add up all the clues

NOW BIG QUEZZIES FOR YA!
why are mammoths frozen in ice standing up???

Woolly mammoth killed off by climate change
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Are We Headed for a Pole Shift? Evidence Exists that Mass Climatic Changes May Be Imminent

quotee//
It is obvious even to the casual observer that the world's climate is changing. Proponents of the global warming theory believe that ozone depletion is to blame, but what if this is
simply a natural cycle that repeats itself every so many years? There appears to be strong points in favor of a large event in the making - points that are being countered by other scientists with seemingly plausible arguments. Proponents of the pole shift theories argue that their opponents are in denial, or worse, part of a mass coverup. Who is right and who is wrong? Let's examine some of the evidence.
www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is a difference between pole wandering, pole shifts, and magnetic reversals.

Also, you may want to take a look at the below site for some information. The web site is owned by the author of a book entitled: Not by Fire, But by Ice, but he also wrote a book entitled: Magnetic Reversals and Evolutionary Leaps.

I am not pushing either book nor do I have any connection to the author or web site, but I do find a lot of his information to be backed up by various scientists and research.

Here's that information:

Why should a magnetic reversal concern us?

One: We appear to be headed for another magnetic reversal right now. During the past 2000 years, magnetic field strength has fallen some 50 to 65 percent. Unfortunately, the rate of decline is picking up. Five percent of the decline has occurred during the last 100 years alone. This decline, say geophysicists, may be a precursor to a new reversal attempt.

Two: When ice ages begin, they begin incredibly fast. At the end Eemian, for example, the climate descended from a period of warmth such as today's - such as today's - into full-blown glacial severity in less than twenty years.

Three: I think we're headed into such a twenty-year period right now.

Four: The North Magnetic Pole is moving! "The magnetic pole, which has steadily drifted for decades, has picked up its pace in recent years and could exit Canadian territory as soon as 2004," said Larry Newitt of the Geological Survey of Canada. "It's speed has increased considerably during the past 25 years," the geophysicist said. See: CNN.com - North Magnetic Pole - March 20, 2002.

Five: According to John Tarduno, professor of geophysics at the Univerity of Rochester (NY), the next magnetic reversal could occur within a matter of centuries.

Link: www.iceagenow.com...

As far as my personal opinion, although scientists don't know how fast the magnetic field can actually deteriorate since it declines at an increasing rate the weaker it gets, the majority of scientists feel that we are no where near having a complete reversal yet and that the entire process could take anywhere from 30 days to 30 years.

Further, much of the 2012 hype is based around a polar shift -- which is much more destructive to our way of life than a magnetic reversal -- happening at the same time. From the research I have done, I find this to be highly unlikely.

However, if you are into doom and gloom, there is another author and researcher that claims both are going to happen in 2012:

Author Patrick Geryl came to the staggering conclusion that the Earth will soon be subjected to an immense disaster. The cause: upheavals in the sun's magnetic fields will generate gigantic solar flares that will affect the polarity of the entire Earth. The result: our magnetic field will reverse all at once, with catastrophic consequences for humanity.

Massive earthquakes will demolish all buildings on the planet, and instigate colossal tsunamis and intense volcanic activity. In fact, the Earth's crust will shift, sweeping continents thousands of miles away from their present positions.

Link: www.howtosurvive2012.com...

The only other thing I will mention is that Patrick Geryl, the author of the second site I mentioned, practices what he preaches. He is currently leading an effort to build a survival community and has already broken ground.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

i don't like books very mis uninformative,,
i will stick with new scientific releases,

you may say there is nothing to fear but you might wanna fear an earthquake or volcanoes and gas

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

you should check out evon's videos. He has a really good theory about everything 2012.

www.timeline2012.net...

his videos make a lot of sense. Only time will tell though. I'm not going to sit around and worry about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by camelian

I can spell and do not just a book by its cover lol (lots of laughter)

we are not here to nit pick.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by graaly

Oh i am not worried lol, I just think that this kind of data should be acknowledged and not considered cataclysmic.

This earth is going to change but not that dramatically.
*hope*

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The question we want to ask ourselves is that earth is going through phases so why if its true all the speculation of planet x???.

how would this link to the pole shift?.

also the mayan's calendar is not finished, so why the speculation of a cataclysmic event, via the translation of black/darkness... it could mean many things. ie an eclipse??
its just very strange that every 2010 story has a different view upon it?.

seriously wold war/planet x and a pole shift aren't all going to happen on the same time line in 2012.

there is also a T Square due sometime also (astrology)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Also, NOAA now predicts that the solar maximum will peak in 2013, not 2012, and that it will be fairly weak, with a below-average number of sunspots.

But what if a very large cosmic body, as a brown dwarf or something, in its path, to approach very near of the sun, could it trigger more intense solar activity, increasing the sunspots, sun flares and stuffs like that??? I mean, regarding the ancient scriptures and calendars (Sumerian, Hindu, Mayan) reporting a periodic body traveling across our solar system, each 3600/3750 years, could its gravity pull increase the solar activity??

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

possibly but more than likely, you will have to tell me more as I haven't read too much on planet x/niribru and the brown dwarf star

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz post by jumpingbeanz,

there is also a T Square due sometime also (astrology)

hmmm is that something like the:

Summer Climax: The Grand Cardinal Cross

Right before the moment of coherence is the point of maximum chaos. We are now there at the topof the roller coaster, zero point, chaos point.

Just two years before the Mayan calendar end date of December 21,2012, in the summer of 2010, 2 transpersonal planets, Uranus and Pluto, 2 social planets, Jupiter and Saturn, and 2 personal planets, the Sun and Mars, will confront each other upon the Cross of Matter in one of the most intense formations in all of astrology, often experienced only once in a human lifetime, a Grand Cardinal Cross. The waiting is over....

The Cardinal signs are the initators of the zodiac, the outward, expressive thrust of energy in each of the four elements and seasons. Hence, Aries is Cardinal Fire and the spark of spring. Cancer is cardinal water and begins at the summer solstice. Libra is cardinal air and marks the equinox. Capricorn is cardinal earth and initiates the dark season at the winter solstice. Since they rule the seasons, the alignment of many planets upon the Cardinal Cross can literally change the face of the earth. We are about to embark on a time of dramatic change, mounting tension, and the aching pulse for a whole new paradigm for human existence.

In his Cosmos and Psyche, Richard Tarnas describes the rare experiences where multiple archetypal cycles overlap, involving Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto, as begins in 2010. We find this explosive dynamic during the French Revolution (1789-99), the years 1964-67, and 1929-1933.

Tarnas writes, "Especially problematic in such eras was the extreme intensification of both wisdespread revolutionary upheaval and violent authoritarian repression in a tightly bound dialectic, mutually activating each other."

Those specially affected by this transit, with an important role to play as initiators of this will have planets at the first degrees of the Cardinal signs and the last degrees of the mutable signs, Gemini, Sagitarrius, Virgo, Pisces. There will be a surge of intense stress, motivation, and passion in the planets located at these positions. Let them be your guides for your next phase of evolution.

(from the RealitySandwich web site).... www.realitysandwich.com...

i put this info in another thread just today...

As for the meandering North Pole, When i was in the USArmy, the Recon people that read the maps that were printed years before, had to figure out true magnetic North with a formula, and in some cases the old North was some degrees east or west of what was shown on the Map.
The wandern magnetic pole was well understood 35 years ago, and i'm
sure the variables have changed, fluxed in the mean time...
besides there's GPS now,
instead of mathematical 'reckoning'

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

thanks for your input its appreciated, i wasn't quite linking the t-sqaure but heard about it and the correlation but no sure what its about!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What your referring to, is the difference from North on the map, compared to true magnetic north, or AZIMUTH.

If you don't include the difference in navigation, you'll have a difficult time, finding your destination correctly.

By the way if the poles do shift, I sure would hate to be flying in aircraft if that happened!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by theability]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The article you point to doesn't say whether Mammoths were found Standind Up.

I read somewhere that there were Mammoths found that still had remmnants of their last meal and that was Grasses and other fauna was found in their Stomachs. This would point to the Ice Age hitting at a tremendous Pace.

The other thing I have read is that they now think Humans had something to do with the extinction of the Mammoth. If that were really the case, they wouldn't have found Wooly Mammoths frozen in the Permafrost.

It's been known for a long time that the Earth has gone through Magnetic Pole Reversals before.

If the Earth was to go through one in the near Future, I'm not sure what difference it would make other than a lot of Hikers and Mountain Climbers might get lost.

I also heard a theory that it may be affecting the Bee's and this is causing their Dying Off. However I think that's just a theory.

Anyhow, It's all very interesting.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
I read somewhere that there were Mammoths found that still had remmnants of their last meal and that was Grasses and other fauna was found in their Stomachs. This would point to the Ice Age hitting at a tremendous Pace.

this is the question i am looking for answers to!

how would such an event really occur???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join