It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evidence of a possible GEOMAGNETIC REVERSAL pole shift!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
The article you point to doesn't say whether Mammoths were found Standind Up.

I read somewhere that there were Mammoths found that still had remmnants of their last meal and that was Grasses and other fauna was found in their Stomachs. This would point to the Ice Age hitting at a tremendous Pace.

No. It just points to them falling into a freezing pool of mud at a tremendous pace

The other thing I have read is that they now think Humans had something to do with the extinction of the Mammoth. If that were really the case, they wouldn't have found Wooly Mammoths frozen in the Permafrost.

Humans may well have aided and abetted the extinction of the woolly mammoth - but over the last 100,000 years a lot more would have died of natural causes in Siberia than were ever hunted by man. And those are the ones we occasional rediscover today in the permafrost.

It's been known for a long time that the Earth has gone through Magnetic Pole Reversals before.

Indeed. The last one was ~780,000 years ago.

If the Earth was to go through one in the near Future, I'm not sure what difference it would make other than a lot of Hikers and Mountain Climbers might get lost.

Not me, I don't use a compass - well, not unless I've already gotten well and truly lost in the mist!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian

What might lead to mammoths freezing while still standing up / with the remains of last meal in stomachs...?

None were exactly standing up, and the remains of their last meal in their stomachs simply shows they didn't starve to death.

The real question is, if the temperature did suddenly plummet to ice age levels, how long would it take for a mammoth to die..?

How long does it take a musk ox today? They lived alongside mammoths then and still live in the Arctic today.

PS - Antarctica used to be a temperate (perhaps even tropical) area

Yes, maybe until as recently as 50,000,000 years ago - with some coastal fringes possibly warmer than today around 3,000,000 years ago (though the internal ice sheet was well established by then).

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by FermiFlux

...He has a Phd in Geophysics and is very wise when it comes to this topic although most the answers I get goes way over my head.
He's not a certain believer in 2012 but he's certain that there is something effecting our solar system from the outside that is mostly being ignored by the mainstream scientists.

just what would your professor think was out there, beyond the heliosphere and ready to break through into our solar system?...

perhaps he is aware of the local interstellar cloud of dense gas, along with the fast approaching high energy gamma ray burst traveling from the 26k light year distant Galactic core which will push this molecular cloud into our solar system & weak havoc and result in the Aurora skies for several years duration & raining toxic nitrogen isotopes on the planet?

www.viewzone.com...

~ Physicists Find Evidence For Highest Energy Photons Ever Detected From Milky Way's Equator ~
~ ~ Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere,
the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms.~ ~

Part 2 - The Previous Doomsday of 12,950 BC: what was it like?

www.viewzone.com...

magnetic disturbance is only a symptom, rather than the cause of 2012 catastrophy, in this 'Theory' (that borders on fact)

[edit on 29-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I was making a point about the cartographer who made the Piri Reis map. Your response about the geological history of the continent still doesn't explain the map. And I have no idea if the mammoths died standing up, I was responding to the hypothetical. And thank you for the musk ox reference - that is useful to know.

You seem to think I'm a creationist or something; I can assure you I'm not. I did Geology A-Level here in the UK and I don't believe the world was created in 6 days... Interventionism might account for the point I was making (ie - who made the original map) without reflecting any error in ordinary geologic timelines you suggested. After all, twentieth century tech reveals to us what's beneath the ice sheet, so tech advanced 'gods' (note the small 'g') would have no trouble.

One thing I fully accept deserved rebuttal was the indication made towards a (very loose) theory that the possible polar location change was the cause for mammoths dying off so quickly (as in, one minute they weren't at the North Pole, next minute they were). I do need to check the sources I originally looked at with regard to the catastrophic polar location changes and climate changes for Antarctica - I may have amalgamated some other scenarios or completely cacked up my timelines... Will come back to this at some point soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Good post.
I'm going to go with you on all of this but I want to point at a little known concept that the oceans might be rising because of abnormal ice melt, like the climate scientist's with a political agenda want us to believe, but I suspect logically that things like silt from farming, meteoric debris, Volcanic activity above and below sea level and I suppose issues like that ad infinitun. I would do a thread but I am too new with few posts.

My creditionals to speak would be my state gov job in ambient atmospheric monitoring. So, I may be skewed by actual long term data for my beliefs, as opposed to data just since the industrial revolution. I would more readily believe in the Archeologists and Paleontologists who have hundreds of years of experience studying the earth in reality in a very scientific manner. We should take their existance and thoughts in the science community over the Climate modelers on most any normal day. Other more revealing things like the fact that Middle Tennessee University built a car that runs on water and NO COMPANY WILL BUILD IT tells me what is really going on. No doubt to me, it is deception. Knowing that now, anything, like not taking hard to deny data into account such as debris entering the oceans, must be acknowledged or there is no "scientific study" in reality. That is what this whole climate debate has been about for the likes of me. Pole shift surely will not help stabalize our earths attempt at equilibrium.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by ressiv
on an tablet found in agient sumerie.. was written that the sun came up in the west.....
Turn your compass 180 and indeed it would.
But did the Sumerian's have compasses?

since when you need an compass to see on wat side the sun comes up? when it has chanced?
at the other hand i belief they had a kind of compasses....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ressiv]

A magnetic reversal literally switches the magnetic north and south poles. Compasses always point to north.

However, when you reverse north and south, the sun appears in the west and sets in the east, and remains as such until another magnetic reversal changes it again.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There are so many theories, no real proof. But there are arguments for and agains many things.
What most times is named pole shift is the earth crust sliding arround the core to a new position. The pro for that icecaps could have been virtualy anywhere on earth. And it could happen fast. Really bad earthshakes and floods go with that.
Now what could trigger that? changes in the earth magnetic field? The crust beeing magnetised and keeping its orientation to the changing megnetic field? My guess those forces won't do. But who knows? The Ice on the south pole is as old as the last pole reversal. (730000 jears or the like)

A recurring Planet X Nibru... I have my diffculties with that. I can't realy imagine the earth and that celestial object to accidentially come close to each other on each revolution of the outer one. Objects comming close to each other in space will both screw up their path, I don't see that in earth wandering arround the sun. All the planets in one plane near circular orbits... No I don't think we are that screwed.

If you give credit to some stuff, how about a celestial object going supernove, or just giving of a pulse now and then? Seeing a object in the sky shortly thereafter material effects on earth points in our close neighborhood. The center of the galaxy is just too far away. How about Jupiter or Saturn? Are they abel to ignithe as a sun for a short period, before that's colapsing again, because they cant sustain it? Never read about that, just a stray thought.
Or all that fear results just out of us developing down a way, we think is heading for doom, but unable to do something about it?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627A magnetic reversal literally switches the magnetic north and south poles. Compasses always point to north.

However, when you reverse north and south, the sun appears in the west and sets in the east, and remains as such until another magnetic reversal changes it again.
That's what I was getting at.

If you went to sleep one night, the magentic poles shifted and you awoke the next morning, every magnetic compass would be pointing in the opposite direction. To one in this situation, using a magnetic compass as reference would indeed show the sun rising in the west although visually, nothing would appear different- if you stood in your driveway, and the sun always arose to your right, it would still be to the right.

Your GPS and magnetic compasses would be at odds with each other though, and scholars would study the event, recalculate things and off we'd go on our merry way.

But it does beget some questions:
What effect would a magnetic reversal have on things like our electrical grid, telephone systems, etc? - Would the changes in magnetic flux induce any spurious voltages on those systems causing outages?
We see the effects of magnetic flux on the sun- would pole reversal cause "Earth flares" or "terrestrial mass ejections"?
What would happen to the radiation belts surrounding the Earth?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is interesting also

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The Biggest Danger for Earth – The Hercolubus (Planet X) Inbound

Insiders from NASA, DoD national military intelligence, SETI, and the CIA speculate 2/3 of the population of the planet could perish during the coming pole-shift caused by the passage of Hercolubus (Planet X). Another 2/3 of those that survive initially could pass away to starvation and exposure to the elements within 6 months. Most every secretive government agency in the USA is fully aware of what is expected and are readying themselves. The Vatican is fully abreast of what is expected. The public is not being warned and given their chance to prepare.

www.booshnews.com...

just another interesting read......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join