It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evidence of a possible GEOMAGNETIC REVERSAL pole shift!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awmilton

take your mocking elsewhere.

so everything died in a mudslide??? i don't think so....

Why are people so upset for the fact that I will not read 2012 apocalypse books.
I want real scientific evidence and facts before reading someone else s testimonials.

get a grip and stop trolling

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by margaretr

I've just read up on that interesting that it say's we are a part of Sagittarius ???

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by margaretr
Russian research by Dr A. N. Dmitriev
www.tmgnow.com... -

Summary Paragraph
Current PlanetoPhysical alterations of the Earth are becoming irreversible. Strong evidence exists that these transformations are being caused by highly charged material and energetic non-uniformity's in anisotropic interstellar space which have broken into the interplanetary area of our Solar System. This "donation" of energy is producing hybrid processes and excited energy states in all planets, as well as the Sun. Effects here on Earth are to be found in the acceleration of the magnetic pole shift, in the vertical and horizontal ozone content distribution, and in the increased frequency and magnitude of significant catastrophic climatic events. There is growing probability that we are moving into a rapid temperature instability period similar to the one that took place 10,000 years ago. The adaptive responses of the biosphere, and humanity, to these new conditions may lead to a total global revision of the range of species and life on Earth. It is only through a deep understanding of the fundamental changes taking place in the natural environment surrounding us that politicians, and citizens a like, will be able to achieve balance with the renewing flow of PlanetoPhysical states and processes.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by margaretr]

An interesting thread and this post in particular. I am a second year Geology student, and the reason I got into any of this conspiracy/2012 researcher (woken up if you will), was because of my proffessor who really believes that something is going on with the Earth. He has a Phd in Geophysics and is very wise when it comes to this topic although most the answers I get goes way over my head. He's not a certain believer in 2012 but he's certain that there is something effecting our solar system from the outside that is mostly being ignored by the mainstream scientists.

I found that quote from the Russain scientist very similar to the what my proff goes on about.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that we can't just write off everything as "global warming".

There are things such as;
-Chandler wobble stopping
-Natural disasters jumped from a 120 per year average (for hundreds of years), to about 550-600 per year in this decade and increasing. (Something like a 500% increase?) Link;www.oxfam.org.uk... hange/downloads/bp108_weather_alert.pdf
-Earth is becoming very active, volcanoes are like Iceland, dormant for 200years, going off. A number of large quakes in the recent few years. (Not that we don't always have quakes, but the amount of quakes has increased they say).
-The Sun's magnetic field has doubled? :S www.nature.com...
-The Heliosphere, which is the bubble of solar wind around our solar system protecting us from interstellar radiation, has shrunk 25%! in the last decade. Link; www.telegraph.co.uk... news/northamerica/usa/3222476/Suns-protective-bubble-is-shrinking.html

You know, that Heliosphere one is pretty scary, its unprecedented in our lifetimes and got NASA to scramble up a satelite to check out what's going on with it.
There's a few more things happening but I cant remember at the moment. I'm not saying i'm a believer in 2012 but its pretty hard to ignore all the changes that are exclusive to the time-period building up to this hyped date.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by FermiFlux]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Some evidence of a recent poleshift

survive2012.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

As an old US.Cavalry Scout, and former Ranger, I know what your reference is to the "formular" used to ascertain "true North" as opposed to "magnetic north" in reference to using the "old" ground maps, and A compass. IE, if the map and more importantly the grids, were very old, there was always a discrepency, (no matter how good your math was) between where you were and where you shoud have been...

LOL I always thought it was just me screwing up.........

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by antonia

A "regular occurrence"? Hardly.

It has happened a lot but it follows no pattern. The last reversal was about 780,000 years ago. There was one 180,000 years before that. Then 160,000 before that. Then 130,000 before that. Then 590,000 before that.

I would call that a lot more irregular than regular.

Phage,, Yes, It may "seem" to be "irregular" but with your stated times, although a direct and "regular" occurence may not be obviously apparrent, have you done the math and put the prime numbers into a Chaos theory exponential???

Sorry Phage, I was just trying to be a "smart butt" and give you a laugh..

Back on topic.. Yes it has been scientifically observed that there has been several "polar shifts/reversals" in the Earths history, and as I stated earlier from personal experiences trying to use "old"(100yrs+) maps and "grid" coordinates now, there is a discrepency.. and this may just be me and my limitted mathematical ability, but still something I think is "going on here"..

And again Phage, no offense meant, please take this post in good humor... I truly enjoy and respect your opinions and posts.I have learned alot from reading your posts... thank you...

Spelllllling, sppellling, sspeling...!!!!, never did get it all corrected, spelling.....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by theability

What your referring to, is the difference from North on the map, compared to true magnetic north, or AZIMUTH.

Thanks,
that's the name i couldn't think of.

now, its established that there was/is/has always been a wandering North magnetic pole, so unless the N magnetic pole suddenly shows up in the Hawaiian Latitude in a matter of hours or days.... just consider the fluxuations normal and not the precurser to a pole reversal...

thanks again
(its also good to know that peoples actually read replies)

Actually, both magnetic- related to the compass, and "true"- related to the Earth's axis of rotation are azimuths. The difference between magnetic and true azimuths is called "declination", where if magnetic north is west of true north that is considered negative declination and if magnetic north is east of true north that is considered positive declination.
You might find this website interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
en.wikipedia.org...
quote//
One idea proposed in these films involves a geomagnetic reversal (often incorrectly referred to as a polar shift by proponents of this hypothesis), which could be triggered by a massive solar flare, one with energy equal to 100 billion atomic bombs.[68] This belief is supposedly supported by observations that the Earth's magnetic field is weakening,[69] which indicates an impending reversal of the north and south magnetic poles. Scientists believe the Earth is overdue for a geomagnetic reversal, and has been for a long time, even since the time of the Mayans, because the last reversal was 780,000 years ago.[70] Critics, however, claim geomagnetic reversals take up to 5,000 years to complete, and do not start on any particular date. Also, NOAA now predicts that the solar maximum will peak in 2013, not 2012, and that it will be fairly weak, with a below-average number of sunspots.[71] In any case, there is no scientific evidence linking a solar maximum to a geomagnetic reversal.[72] A solar maximum would be mostly notable for its effects on satellite and cellular phone communications.[73]

saw this in wikipedia and wondered if there was any truth to it or scienctific evidence that what wikipedia is saying is really correct..

[edit on 27-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

One thing that is true, is that it does happen and the last one happened 780,000 years ago. So we know it happens. And for the magnetic field to drop 5 percent since 1845 thats quick and its dangerous. What we don't know is what happens when the magnetic field gets low enough. I do know it helps to protect us from the radiation from space, but what does it do to the atmosphere at 45,000 feet, and our weather system. What scares me is that we truly don't know how an ice age gets kicked off, but if it's from some dips in the Magnetic field then that would be something.

www.pbs.org...

This site is from PBS and it talks about what happens to planets that don't have a or lose their magnetic field.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
on an tablet found in agient sumerie.. was written that the sun came up in the west.....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by antonia

A "regular occurrence"? Hardly.

It has happened a lot but it follows no pattern. The last reversal was about 780,000 years ago. There was one 180,000 years before that. Then 160,000 before that. Then 130,000 before that. Then 590,000 before that.

I would call that a lot more irregular than regular.

remarkebly the long valley eruption is close to the last shift..

Long Valley Caldera, Bishop Tuff, California, United States - ~760,000 years ago (600 km³)

long valley is still active

earthquake.usgs.gov...
perhaps the other dates of poleshift can be related to volcanic activity??

en.wikipedia.org...

time table..
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
on an tablet found in agient sumerie.. was written that the sun came up in the west.....
Turn your compass 180 and indeed it would.
But did the Sumerian's have compasses?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by ressiv
Turn your compass 180 and indeed it would.
But did the Sumerian's have compasses?

since when you need an compass to see on wat side the sun comes up? when it has chanced?
at the other hand i belief they had a kind of compasses....

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

NOAA now predicts that the solar maximum will peak in 2013, not 2012

so right it is the brief start in notice in late December of 2012

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I also heard a theory that it may be affecting the Bee's and this is causing their Dying Off. However I think that's just a theory.

bees tell the colony directions in how to get one place to another that have the best nectar safe locations etc.. if they get lost because of the shifting climate change the would loose their sense of direction i would believe

this a must video for you how they communicate the direction to the hive

www.guardian.co.uk...

and if they cant do this because of no sense of direction would they starve seeing they cant find the location where the scout bee found the food necter pollen etc..

if you notice in the video there is another bee that is following her moves to
know where the location is might be the 2nd scout to verify the location

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

yes probably right, there is also the fact of freak weather patterns which does not help confusing the poor little bees also.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I used to be into this a few years ago. From what i have learned is that science can monitor changes in the magnetic current quite accurately.

All they have to do is melt iron and let it cool down to see if the magnetic elements within the iron has changed it's point of direction compared to what it was before it was melted.

By studying lava and pottery and comparing the iron within them to present iron, they can pin point how radical the magnetic current has changes through centuries.

I have also seen stone carvings "images" of what scientist think could be humans observation of a pole shift. But i cant find the links any more.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

hey if you can find them then that would be great thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey Jumpinbeanz...

You brought me here from another thread, where we were talking about the possibility of a Golden Age / New Ice Age in 2012.. Most of what has been written in this (your) thread is related to the shift to an ice age (as opposed to a precessional change directed by some sort of intelligence). I realised that your question might have an answer related to the interventionist theories.

What might lead to mammoths freezing while still standing up / with the remains of last meal in stomachs...?

My guess is that the cataclysmic event leading to the last ice age was a 'near-miss' by an asteroid/ travelling planet. Such an event might have led the earth's orbit to be knocked slightly awry, causing a physical change in the location of the North/South poles.

The sudden climate change may have caused (the suitably confused) mammoths to sleep standing up (to conserve heat), and their metabolisms were probably quite slow anyway (due to their size). The real question is, if the temperature did suddenly plummet to ice age levels, how long would it take for a mammoth to die..? If we find out the answer to that question, as well as the idea of how quick the metabolism operated its digestive system, then we'd be close to an answer.

PS - Antarctica used to be a temperate (perhaps even tropical) area, and if you get chance to see the Piri-Reis map, somehow the cartographer knew what the continent looked like BEFORE it was covered in ice... Hmm. We've only been able to confirm the shape of the landmass in the twentieth century with our modern tech - so how did a c.1500 AD cartographer get hold of an even earlier map (the cartographer admitted to having produced a copy of an earlier map) with the correct landmass features and outlines (even down to rivers and mountain ranges apparently).

If the whole globe was somehow knocked entirely askew, that might explain things. Give me some time and I'll try to dig out some references and timeline approximations. This post is just to get the ball rolling.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OP, have you looked into the work (videos) by Dr Michio Kaku? He talks a lot about how the solar storms are going to knock out cell phones and electronics and that. I don't recall him having an opinion on a pole shift. Still, I think you may find him interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

No problem for sorting that out, hats off..;D

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join