It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please don't even think about Palin as the first female US president.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can't believe all this partisan bickering has made some of my fellow ATS members support Palin.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by chorizo4

Are we speaking the same language at all? I didn't understand a single
word you said. What sort of communications is this? Mumbo jumbo is
not my style. Take another hit and try to come back to earth.

I don't understand it either. I wish I did.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
again.

obama has been a horrible prez and that has nothing to do with race.

and again

i dont think looking at anyones race or gender as a deciding factor on whether or not they should be running this country is a good way to ruin it.

after all, look at what happened in 2008, and look at where it has lead us.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Legally,a woman can't be president of the United States?

(Oh,never mind! Our Constitution is dead anyway!)

Most people believe not only that the 19th Amendment permitted women the right to vote but that since women serve in Congress, the courts and other offices of government, the office of president of the United States has been de-genderized.

Not true. This important legal question exists now and has not been constitutionally addressed. The language and syntax of the 19th Amendment merely removed the barriers that prevented women from voting. It did not identify women to be qualified to become elected president.

The language is clear. The 19th Amendment says: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

We cannot read into the amendment something that is not there. Now, had the amendment said, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote or hold public office shall not be denied," it would have accomplished what the feminists think took place.

The Susan B. Anthony Amendment (as it was then known, because the words were actually drafted by the suffragist in 1875) passed in the House by a vote of 304 to 89. The Senate then passed it, 56 to 25. The text of both the House and Senate deliberately avoided any language that would allow or permit women the right to seek the highest office in the land! It was the considered opinion of senators on both sides of the aisle that if language de-genderized the presidency, the amendment's ratification by the necessary 36 states would be in great doubt.

Today's feminists believe the election process is an evolutionary process, legalized by common practice and that someday a woman will be president. They are convinced that since women have run for the office, the male-gendered presidential office has been neutered .

Not so. They will be challenged, and a Supreme Court ruling on the language will be necessary. At the very least a constitutional amendment to change the language will be required.
www.concordmonitor.com.../20080220/OPINION/802200400/1028/OPINION02

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It's too late, some people have already thought of Palin as the first female President. The idea makes me shudder just thinking about it though something tells me even an incompetent puppet like her can have their strings pulled.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by LadySkadi

Okay - ...and that has what to do with Palin, Siamese twins and ET?

What about those ET characters with the earthquake machines, or those other characters, kinda higher up with that doomsday stuff. They have friends and contacts on earth. No I am not kidding.

Still confused.

Yeah, keep paying attention the moron that smoked some pot after left the KKK meeting...

I don't think the OP is rascist its just that most people pay no attention to policy anymore and a lot of people decided after Bush an angry old white man wouldn't be a good idea. And he smoked potafter the meeting? Sounds more like he just stayed on ATS for too long

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Oh dear me ... this thread just keeps on getting better.

You do realize the the appropriately name DIck Marple is well known for being helicopter short of a moose hunt right?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

And to you,this is a bad thing?

...Dick Marple, a fiery defender of the Constitution. At the public hearing on the bill, he spoke at great length to the injustice of submitting to a de facto National Identification Card...
www.nhcaspian.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't think palin would make a good president at all.

However, I think having a female president would do the usa a whole lot of good. Might be just the change the usa needs. I wish there was more than one option. Wouldn't want Hillary president either.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
and from what overwhelming credentials do you draw your conclusion
that she has the correct state of mind, education,skill and knolwledge to run this country?

You know, I've always said the same thing about Obama. He was black and a community organizer and all of a sudden he's qualified to reform America.

And in NO WAY am I implying Palin is qualified to do anything.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Old Dick here ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23a6f0a4bbfd.jpg[/atsimg]

... who really should be doing Quaker Oatmeal commercials is wrong.

Please read Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution ... now unless your's and Mr Marple's points is that women aren't 'persons' you're both dead wrong!

Aaaaaaaanyhoot ...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't know about that . The Girl can take a Hit and still keep her head..............

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hey,call me old-fashioned...I still believe a woman's place is in the home!

(I wonder why you find it funny to make jokes about a person's appearance? Don't you know it's not the appearance that matters,it's their character?)

So,got out my handy pocket-sized Constitution...It says:"The executive power shall be vested in a president of the United States.HE shall hold office..."

I don't doubt that there is a loophole that would allow a woman to be president today though.

As far as Palin goes,I don't trust her any more than any other Democrat or Republican candidates! Heck,I don't have faith that anyone tossed into that slimepool of Washington D.C. won't be corrupted!

It's really not a serious issue to me. Whatever will be,will be! I've given up on seeing any positive change from government in general.(But that's a seperate issue altogether!)

[edit on 27-3-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Sarah would bring religion and GOD into the Whitehorse where it belongs.

No I do not hate God, I am a believer
however, I am also a believer in
separation of church and state.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If she is part of the NWO conspiracy it would not surprise me. Like Obama has been put through tha ranks and his carreer carefully built up it maybe has happenend and is happening to Palin. Be the gov of somewhere far to learn the ropes, having a election circus under her belt...who knows...........to be continued?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I don't know why (well I sorta do), but Palin reminds me of a moose.

I wouldn't vote for a moose.

I wouldn't respect a moose as president.

No moose.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
so far obama and his mama said were here for some change i havent seen much so far i dont think together they could change a diaper but i bet sarah could do it all by herself and it wouldnt take her 14 months to do it

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sarah Palin for president would be... a horrible horrible HORRIBLE idea!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
Well she couldn't be any worse than what we have now. And what
would be bad about Siamese twins being prez? Two heads are better
than one. I know, that was sick. I sorry.

She is as dumb as rocks. I dislike Obama, but he's intelligent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join