It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic predictions of horrible terrorist attack & Bush assasination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I will answer your question.

The future is not set. When southbeach psychic had her vision, that was the future as it was going to continue at that point in time.

For instance, lets say you are driving down a long road. You can see for miles and miles. You see mountains in the distance. You will eventually be in those mountains if you continue on the road. However, if you turn and take a different road, you end up somewhere else.

She saw the future as it was going to occur at that point in time. The course of actions and events occuring at that point in time were creating that future. However, many events can happen that can alter future visions.

For instance, southbeach psychic said that she saw Atlanta in her visions. However, Atlant was not hit. Yet the original plan by the hijackers called for ten planes to be used on both coasts, and Atlanta was one of thier original intended targets. Thus, she probably saw the future at that point in time accurately, but certain events altered the future, thus, fewer planes were used.

The Norse had a similar concept, they called it the web of wyrd.

When southbeach psychic refers to her vision as not weakening or growing more dim, it means so far, we are on the path that leads to her future, to actions have been taken to alter it.

do you understand now?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I understand now Skadi_the_Evil_Elf.... thank-you for the explanation.

I sure hope it takes a turn to another path.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
at least no nukes were involved in the forseen attack.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Like others, i certainly hope things change enough to avert this. Assuming of course it is a true vision. Certainly no stranger than things that have already happened. GW would have to have a SERIOUS change of heart to pull troops out of anywhere. If this is true, too bad it happens too late for him to do anything about it.

Wouldn't have seen Kerry pulling out under these circumstances, either. Good thing I never attempted to say I could see the future, VERY short career for me!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The future is unwritten.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The future is unwritten.

I believe (and have evidence of in my own experience) that some things are *indeed* destined to occur.

But I agree with one of the earlier posts that says a vision occurs at a point in time - I call it 'looking through a window in time' .... as we have free will and can indeed change our course. Then you get into the area of probabilities, etc.

Has anyone seen the movie "The Thirteen Floor" btw? I *love* that movie! What a metaphor for life on earth... if you haven't seen it, try to get a copy. Very interesting concept .. gives one pause to wonder.. hmmmm

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Of course, many do believe that the future is determined. But that directly implies that there is no point in trying to change it.

The joyous paradox of it all is that the future could truly be either determined or undetermined, but either way, we may as well do what we will. Que sera, sera.

It is absolutely possible to predict future events with great accuracy, and humans do this routinely, often unknowingly. That does not, however, mean our actions today won't affect what happens tomorrow.

The $64,000 question is: Will changes in our behavior resulting from certain knowledge of future events change those events or prevent them from occurring? Opinions vary, and the word "paradox" gets a lot of mileage in such discussions.

Very accomplished philosophers, psychics, theologians, physicists and paranormalists can wage bitter war over this question, and still leave it unanswered.

If time were absolute and linear, it would be a much harder question to answer. But even absent those constraints, it's a question that could itself carry discussion into the future forever.

Thus the question goes answered only by guesses, hunches, beliefs or dogma, none of which are true answers.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The past is like ice, frozen and rigid. The present is liquid, our river analogy to time. The future is like vapor, clouds if you will. Some people perceive the clouds more than others, but clouds being what they will don't always persist to the present state of things. If one better understood the enivornment of the future one could probably better predict future events.
Another thought: the present may/probably has import into the future. Present actions we take presumably affect the future. That is to say not all future events come exclusively from condensation, there is an interactive relationship of 'present' events extending (evaporating) into the future realm and feeding back to the next present.

What do peeps think?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsiEye

The future is unwritten.

I believe (and have evidence of in my own experience) that some things are *indeed* destined to occur.

But I agree with one of the earlier posts that says a vision occurs at a point in time - I call it 'looking through a window in time' .... as we have free will and can indeed change our course. Then you get into the area of probabilities, etc.

Skadi I actually think that the future is written in stone. But it is a lot easier for a person to change some of his/her future if he/she is aware of it, but as for a nation or the future of the world....that's nearly impossible to change.

As a kid, and still now, there are times that I have seen in visions/dreams or right before a scene in my daily life is about to unfold, i will see the rest of what will happen next. As a child i used to see it more clearly and see exactly what would happen the next day quite a few times. When what I saw in my vision/dream started happening in real life, i would remember the vision/dream and know what will happen next to the point of telling others what was going to happen. It doens't happen all the time, and most of the time what I have seen is just what happens in a regular day, but certainly things that I could not just imagine that could happen because of habit.

I believe that when people are unaware and are not linked to their higher concious they do not know that even what they call free will, has been already chosen by them to go through. I am not sure if its because we are supposed to learn something specific or because our spirits choose to have those experiences. But the reason why real psychics can tell the future and tell you what will happen to you is because your "true self" has decided since you were born the experiences you will go through.

Well, at least that's mho.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Did you ever consider e-mailing your predictions to [email protected]? It will probably be completely ignored and disregarded, but what if?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is incredibly silly, but for some reason, I am compelled to make the following public inquiry:

WWTD: What Would Tara Do?

Don't ask me why I am compelled to ask, I honestly cannot tell you.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't believe Kerry and Edwards would drop out of the race that they think they will win for the white house. I do believe that inspection of luggage for explosives or nuclear material on cruise ships should be stepped up though to prevent such a thing from happening somewhere or anywhere. I believe something like this could happen but it might not be Miami. Miami is just one city out of many possibilities.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't believe any of it will happen. I'm psychic too.

And, I don't at all mean to be offensive, but why is it so important to keep the psychic thing a secret because of your position in the entertainment industry? Most entertainment folk are pretty accepting of such things.
With such dire predictions (which could come true; what the heck do I know?), why not use your high-profile position to make this danger known? James Woods was admired for reporting suspicious activities on his flight prior to 9/11.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Celebrities are subject to some of the most nasty, vitriolic and just plain evil treatment in the press, tabloids and yes, even fan sites, that anyone could imagine.

If you are "high-profile", then you can expect not a moment's peace wherever you go, having to deal with security, paparazzi and an endless succession of shallow encounters and general harassment. Everyone wants something from you, it's never enough, and there are always plenty of sharks circling, looking for a chance to profit from any misfortune or indiscretion.

Our dear southbeachpsychic was, on the one hand, somewhat driven to tell someone about her premonitions. But not everyone in the public eye wants to subsequently see their face on the Enquirer and countless other tabloids with headlines such as "_____'s Psychic Predictions of Terror Attacks Shake Hollywood", "_____ Predicts Bush Assassination, Cheney Power Grab", "______'s Miami Terrorist Attack/Presidential Assasination Diet", "_____ Channels Elvis", ad nauseum.

While many of the glitterati are indeed somewhat new age (or at least hedonistic) and tolerant of a great many things, perceptions and misperceptions about an actress can make or break a blossoming career.

As such, there's a definite tension in such a scenario. When in doubt, discretion is always the best course in such matters.

All that said, I find this thread fascinating for a variety of reasons I can't pin down.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karellen
Hey southbeach, how can you be 100% right SOMETIMES?

[edit on 7/9/2004 by Karellen]

Each prediction is a seperate case... understand?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I will answer your question.

The future is not set. When southbeach psychic had her vision, that was the future as it was going to continue at that point in time.

The post is a brilliant explanation. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You obviously have no idea what it feels like to be sitting on YOUR private balcony 35 floors in the air, hungover in your underwear at 6:00 am - then to grab a cup of coffee, check email and see those EXACT pictures of YOURSELF on the Internet minutes later. It is one of the strangest feelings in the world.

And for the record, I am not Tara Reid. I work mostly behind the camera but my dating habits get me more attention than I would like.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good to hear. I worry.

For my part, if word got out that I was actually a sherpa operating out of Jykundo, my career would be finished.

Meanwhile, back in the aetheric maelstrom of possibilities, time marches on. Any updates?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by southbeachpsychic
It is one of the strangest feelings in the world.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would be like. I don't understand the mentality of people that choose a career where you have to chase people down like a Big Game Safari...

And quite frankly, I could give a flying leap about celebrities personal lives. When I spend money to support something they do (such as go see a movie), I'm going in order to see the product they created, and getting the dirty little details of their real lives diminishes their work, in my eyes...

You are who you are, gift or no gift. Use your gifts in the ways that you feel do the most good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway (now getting down off my soap box)... I've been following this prediction with great interest, and will be paying greater attention to the news in the next few weeks...

If you receive any other flashes I'll be greatly interested in reading about them!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Celebrities are subject to some of the most nasty, vitriolic and just plain evil treatment in the press, tabloids and yes, even fan sites, that anyone could imagine..If you are "high-profile", then you can expect not a moment's peace wherever you go, having to deal with security, paparazzi and an endless succession of shallow encounters and general harassment. Everyone wants something from you, it's never enough, and there are always plenty of sharks circling, looking for a chance to profit from any misfortune or indiscretion.

That's just part of the business. If you can't stand the heat and all that stuff. It's the time when you are no longer of interest that is bad to most of them/us.

While many of the glitterati are indeed somewhat new age (or at least hedonistic) and tolerant of a great many things, perceptions and misperceptions about an actress can make or break a blossoming career.

That�s not true at all. Especially not in South Beach.

You obviously have no idea what it feels like to be sitting on YOUR private balcony 35 floors in the air, hungover in your underwear at 6:00 am - then to grab a cup of coffee, check email and see those EXACT pictures of YOURSELF on the Internet minutes later. It is one of the strangest feelings in the world.

Actually, yeah, I kinda do.

Anyway, your "celebrity status" would make more people listen to the prediction.
And if you wanted to keep your i.d. a secret, why mention your career at all? I'm not saying you aren't a famous celebrity, I'm just saying why mention that you are and then say you can't tell us who?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join