It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against the odds, My cat attacked by a dog.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What a week!!

I have a young kitty called Tabby who is just over a year old, He went out to play just like any other day when we got a bang at the door...

Tabby had been savaged by a neighbours dog, He had wondered in to there garden and thats where he was attacked,

I knew he was very injured as his bright little face had lost all life, I rushed him to the vet calling them on my way to open up and from that point it was one big blur, Tabby had been bitten right through the chest! Air was getting in and they where unsure if he had a lung punctured,

4 days of trying to stable him they managed to get an operation done to save his life, IT WORKED!

Tabby got home yesterday he is very poorly but should make a good recovery,

maybe some positive thoughts from you guys may help him on his way to full health!

Tabby at home now
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73758f993c64.jpg[/atsimg]

Being looked after by his Big brother ( I know its a dog) lol but there like Glue x
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89e421f344f0.jpg[/atsimg]

Not many cats would have survived this, Tabby is one very lucky boy!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by asala]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am soooo glad this turned out OK as I knew how worried you were.

Thanks for the update and very happy for your cat and the guardian Storm.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Awww bless, indoor catty for a while now...

Nice to see he won't automatically be traumatised by dogs forever

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

wow, so happy to see that Tabby pulled through.. sending all my best thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Keep the dog on point!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Wow, that's quite a story.

Great to hear that he's ok now though, he sounds very lucky and i'm sure he's very strong. (as he survived something like this)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh asala, my heart breaks when I see animals in distress.:shk:

Keep us posted on the recovery, or give Storm access to your account so the paws can do the talking. The dog shows a serious look of concern with his facial expression, and we all know animals have feelings for others in their "pack".

A hug for you, and a tender pat for your cat.
But please don't blame the dog next door for doing what nature intended.

Edit: syntax

[edit on 26/3/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I dont blame anyone, Like you say it is nature and it happens, Just terrible when it does but i dont blame the neighbours dog as im sure it did not know any better,

Storm is a dream at the moment! Really taking care of tabby and following him around even to go to the loo!

We have a check up today and hopefully we wont have to be using injection painkillers for him 3 times a day for much longer, He really is not liking that bit,

Other than that he is doing well, Very sleepy but getting up for short period of time for a play,

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Best wishes to you kitty! I am glad to hear it is doing better. Just remember to remind it that it may be down to 8 lives now! Lost my favorite cat last year to some sort of animal attack ( I think it was a coyote)... Not much can make me cry, but that was like burying a friend

But yeah, I am gonna quit typing before I make myself sad again... lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Aww poor guy.

Do you think his love for his big brother dog, made him less aware of the danger of passing by strange dogs?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Aww poor Tabby ... hope he continues his recovery ok, poor little thing.

How long does he have to wear the plastic thing around his neck ? When are the stitches coming out, or are they dissolvable ones ? And what about the cost of the vet, was it an expensive operation ? (hope I'm not being nosey)(I have cats which aren't insured, with a dog on the way & am thinking about insurance etc).

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Awww, poor little dude.

Hope he gets better and stays well! Tough little guy.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Poor little guy I am glad he is going to be okay. Storm is looking good , its great when the puppy and the kitty get along well.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Asala !!! Is this the same cat that got knifed last year? I want you cats indoors! Big cuddles for Tabby till they purr themselves to sleep

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have two cats, Butters and Ninja so I know the feeling of being a parent, I hope Tabby makes a full recovery!!!

Fox

[edit on 3/26/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Poor thing! OMG my heart breaks.

Your a wonderful owner for rushing him to the vet. Lucky kitty, kudos to you!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
1 down, 8 to go....

Sorry to hear the bad news m'dear. I hope little kitty makes a great recovery and I'm glad he is being well looked after.

Maybe in future, little kitty will be a little more aware of strange places and strange dogs...not a bad thing.

Keep us posted and know that we are wishing that cute little ball of fur all the best, even if he does have a bald patch :-)

Get well soon Tabby.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Aww poor Tabby ... hope he continues his recovery ok, poor little thing.

How long does he have to wear the plastic thing around his neck ? When are the stitches coming out, or are they dis-solvable ones ? And what about the cost of the vet, was it an expensive operation ? (hope I'm not being nosey)(I have cats which aren't insured, with a dog on the way & am thinking about insurance etc).

He has to wear the collar for a week, Stitches come out next Thursday and nope are not dissolvable,

The cost AHHHH lol was a small fortune!!!! Uk: £1300 US: $2600

I really would suggest that you have them insured as in times like this i wish i had of been,

Tabby was a rescue and also has feline aids so most insurance would have not covered him fro other stuff so i never bothered,

ZAZZ- Nope this is a different kitty, Crazy luck eh!!

Thank you all again for thinking of him,

He is doing very very well!!! He is even today getting up and running around 0-0!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Aww poor guy.

Do you think his love for his big brother dog, made him less aware of the danger of passing by strange dogs?

I think it may have! Tabby is just a little older than the dog Storm so they have grew up together, They share there bed and run around outside, I think the dog thinks he is a cat and plays with tabby as one,

It had made me worry about how tabby can learn to have some fear of things, Maybe this is the lesson for him,

He is afraid of nothing and i swear he thinks the world is full of lovely nice things and no danger,

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP! Thank goodness you had competent vets.. I don't think my cat would've been so lucky.

But seriously... I've never seen such a giant laceration and we've had some really intense animal emergencies. I can't believe the force that dog must've attacked with.

Great to see he's doing well now.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, that poor little kitty!!

I am so happy he's doing better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join