It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

DNA has Not been fully catalogued yet and the medical Community expect it will take at least another 25 years yet, to account for every molecule let alone fully understand the Programs within DNA, or what causes the Manifestation of these Programs, i.e. the Origin of the Programs themselves.

Humans are ANIMALS….

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

You sir, or madam, are rude.
I might suggest you grow up, and act like the adult you no doubt claim to be.

I may be blunt and a little annoyed, but I haven't been personal or rude.
If I've offended you then that's tough I guess.... grow some.

If you do not like a discussion, don't take part. Failing that, note your distates and move on.

I am free to comment in a positive or negative manner on any thread I like thank you.

You've just espoused the "hatred" that the OP is spewing, yet your language here suggests just the same. The word "hypocrite" springs to mind.
I once had you down as a sensible and reasoned poster.... that view has changed.

Er... who have I aimed hatred at....?
I'm a hypocrite because I think it's kinda stupid and downright out-dated to think and talk about Homosexuals as people who should just "Snap out of it"?

Are you serious...

You're singling out me... and my posts, but the OP is fine as are the other completely ridiculous posts in both this thread and the other "Gay-bashing" thread.

You sir or madam need to mind your own business and get back to discussing the topic, which is....

"Come on gay people, straighten up"

I'm not gay BTW... I just hate when people pick on the minorities, and it happens a lot on ATS... and I've noticed a steady increase...

Enough is enough.

Thanks

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
There is so much data out there, some saying it is a choice some saying not, there is both so now what.

There's real scientific literature to explain homosexuality as a biological reality, and then there's people who don't bother to read anything that doesn't agree with their existing world view who say it's a choice. I kind of expected more from you to be honest MA.

Can you produce even one published scientific paper, coming from a formal, respected journal in the last lets say 5 years, not written by Doctors Christington and Republitard, which comes to the conclusion that you chose to be either heterosexual or homosexual? Because I think you're showing a terrible personal bias not backed up by anything but prejudice and misinformation.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by dampnickers

Be honest.

Can you make the decision to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Why or why not?

No problem. I can happily answer this one for you, and it is something I have actually explored.

When I became sexually aware, I realised that I had a powerful urge to procreate (a disturbing thought, I know).

I didn't have any desire to "enjoy" sex, just to procreate. I dwelt on these feelings and urges for a while, and didn't try to over analyse them too much. Instead I allowed them to be as natural as possible, in order to try to grasp the experience and its meanings.

As a child, having a girlfriend was like being grown up, like "mum and dad". As an older child, a girlfriend is "cool".

As a sexually aware teenager, anything that moved was a target for impregnation. However, by "anything", I mean anything that my biological urges told me was a candidate to reproduce - human females. In short, I was not attracted to anything male or masculine. It's also quite barbaric to think that at that age all my body was interested in doing was impregnating the opposite sex.

As an adult, able to put aside these basic urges and simply enjoy sex as an act of love with my good lady, I can honestly say that I still don't find other men attractive.

I can also say that the idea of even kissing another man on the lips provokes a strong negative reaction in me. I am repulsed at the idea.

As I said before though... what grown men and women do in the privacy of their own homes is entirely up to them. As long as they are causing no harm to others, it's up to them what they do. I might not agree with it, but its their choice and their lifestyle to live as they see fit.

I hope that answers your question.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it's a choice. of course I have no facts to back me up so it is pure opinion. While i'm not sure if it is a conscious choice I believe it may be a subconscious choice that may have been triggered by something in the persons past. Like most kids that are raised eating broccoli will end up liking vegetables while the kid raised eating fish sticks will end up liking meat. But of course not in all cases. That is why the whole 'mommas boy' theory has no concrete evidence because it does not always happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I can also say that the idea of even kissing another man on the lips provokes a strong negative reaction in me. I am repulsed at the idea.

Did you choose to be repulsed at the thought of kissing another man ?

No ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

You sir or madam need to mind your own business and get back to discussing the topic, which is....

"Come on gay people, straighten up"

I'm not gay BTW... I just hate when people pick on the minorities, and it happens a lot on ATS... and I've noticed a steady increase...

Enough is enough.

Thanks

Come on gay people, straighten up?

I think not. The topic for discussion is the simple fact that someone suggests that being homosexual is a choice.

I have asked repeatedly for evidence that being homosexual isn't a choice - show me the gene sequences, etc. and no one has - YET.

You say you are defending the minorities, and I actually applaud you for that (you'll get a star from me in a moment), but this is a serious topic, and one that should be discussed.

I have great problem, when a minority group demands majority status, to dictate and rule as it sees fit. That's wrong, and needs redressing.

For example, these Gay Pride marches that take place... they are often organised by politicians looking for cheap votes (the one in my hometown certainly was) and/or businesses that have a vested interest. You don't see people demanding heterosexual marches... why not? Well, we don't feel so insecure that we need one, that might be why.

Life is too short, and we are arguing amongst ourselves. Let's agree to disagree and get on with the topic at hand.

I'm still looking for proof that being homosexual is not a choice. Still looking for footage that there is "homosexual behaviour" in the animal kingdom. When I have it, I'll happily admit I was wrong.

Until then, I shall reiterate:

I have an opinion, and it might differ from yours. I have a respect for your opinion, even if I view it as wrong (in my opinion). I disagree with certain behaviours, but as long as they don't harm others and are between consenting adults I am not one to stop them.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FortAnthem

How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

Huh?

Where did "infertility" come into this?

I suspect my little swimmers would happily infect ---er, I mean, impregnate an ovum if they ever got near one.

Lots of men who are gay have children...through hetero sex. Lots.

Oh, I see, you can DECIDE to have sex with a woman if you so choose. All those gays of the past who passed on their genes decided to do so by CHOOSING to have sex with a woman.

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Be honest.

Can you make the decision to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Why or why not?

I'll answer this one.

Of course I can make the decision to be attracted to other men. It might seem repugnant and gross to me at first but, if I worked at it and really wanted it, I could make myself become attracted to the same sex.

I simply choose not to because I am happy with the way I am.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

So, in other words, you CAN NOT make the decision as we have always stated. Whether or not it's genetic or whatever, the fact remains that it is not a choice.

You demand proofs (which have been provided MANY, MANY times in MANY threads here) and yet can not see this simple logic.

We do not make the decision to be attracted to others or the opposite or same sex. It comes naturally.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Since 14-15 years of age, I was only ever attracted to boys and later on, men. I spent many years in the closet, denying what I really was because of the prejudices thrown at me and present in the culture that told me, denied me, what I knew myself to be.

In the same way that you 'know' you are straight, I 'know' I am gay. Every gay person I've spoken to on this is unanimous in their response - choice just DOES NOT come into it. It is bound up in the very nature of who we are.
I find it incredible, in 2010, we still have people who refuse to believe, or deny, that homosexuality exists. I think this says more about them.

I'm surprised that little has been extrapolated on regarding the gay gene;
en.wikipedia.org...

As that article states, scientific evidence and study suggests homosexuality may arise from a complex interplay between genes, exposure to female/male hormones in the womb and brain structure. I am fed up with reading cod science from homophobic idiots in threads such as this who have clearly already made their minds up regarding this 'issue' and seek to downgrade us by suggesting it is a 'lifestyle choice' and not natural.

Let me tell you, as a gay man, as one of millions of gay people worldwide who will all answer the same, this is not a CHOICE or decision we made. It was already made for us! And guess what, we are happy being who we are. (Would probably be happier if we didn't have to experience so much hatred, misunderstanding and intolerance....)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Good point.

But that doesn't mean it's in my genes to think that way. It might well just mean, my subconscious mind made the decisions to feel that way.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Of course I can make the decision to be attracted to other men. It might seem repugnant and gross to me at first but, if I worked at it and really wanted it, I could make myself become attracted to the same sex.

If it is repugnant and gross at first few if not many encounters, then WHY would anyone choose it? Doesn't make any sense.

It's like saying I can make the decision to eat worms and like it even when there's delicious pizza next to them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

(Would probably be happier if we didn't have to experience so much hatred, misunderstanding and intolerance....)

Hear, hear!!

Well stated, and hit the nail on the head.

THAT is the crux, the main quetion, and I forgot to mention it before ---

"Why Would Anyone 'Choose' to Suffer Verbal and Mental Ridicule and Even Sometimes, Physical Assault?"

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My view has always been that virtually everything is genetic. A certain percentage of men are just born totally gay and know it from an early age. Some percentage are bisexual. While environment may play some role in very extreme cases, genetics is the basic driving factor.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Life is too short, and we are arguing amongst ourselves. Let's agree to disagree and get on with the topic at hand.

Indeed

I'm still looking for proof that being homosexual is not a choice.

I'm still looking for proof it is... and as the OP states it is, It would be nice to provide some evidence, and for the supporters of the OP to do the same.

Still looking for footage that there is "homosexual behaviour" in the animal kingdom. When I have it, I'll happily admit I was wrong.

I guess you missed the several videos already posted by DeafAlien then?

When you've viewed them and when you've actually researched the topic a little, I'll pop back and see your "I was wrong" post.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Oh... you mean the discussion that's been done a million times on here?
A discussion that is already raging on another thread right now... do we need 2,3,4 threads spouting the same misinformed bunch of crap?

Please show me a thread about this specific discussion about the argument of possible mutation or whether calling that mutation is correct or not. Or something similar if you wish too.

I'm waiting!

If the OP was even remotely based on either I would be happy to conduct myself in a similar manner... as it's absolute bollocks.... I think I'll just carry on thanks

Insults instead of intelligent debate
your position is.... well you don't even have one

Not making threads that do nothing that spout hatred and are absolutely littered with fallacious statements and filled with the ignorant fools.... that wouldn't make me look stupid would it?

You just winning and not giving any civilized opinions is what is making you look stupid.

please just stop
I suggest everyone ignores the troll or the thread will be removed
thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

Since 14-15 years of age, I was only ever attracted to boys and later on, men. I spent many years in the closet, denying what I really was because of the prejudices thrown at me and present in the culture that told me, denied me, what I knew myself to be.

In the same way that you 'know' you are straight, I 'know' I am gay. Every gay person I've spoken to on this is unanimous in their response - choice just DOES NOT come into it. It is bound up in the very nature of who we are.
I find it incredible, in 2010, we still have people who refuse to believe, or deny, that homosexuality exists. I think this says more about them.

I'm surprised that little has been extrapolated on regarding the gay gene;
en.wikipedia.org...

As that article states, scientific evidence and study suggests homosexuality may arise from a complex interplay between genes, exposure to female/male hormones in the womb and brain structure. I am fed up with reading cod science from homophobic idiots in threads such as this who have clearly already made their minds up regarding this 'issue' and seek to downgrade us by suggesting it is a 'lifestyle choice' and not natural.

Let me tell you, as a gay man, as one of millions of gay people worldwide who will all answer the same, this is not a CHOICE or decision we made. It was already made for us! And guess what, we are happy being who we are. (Would probably be happier if we didn't have to experience so much hatred, misunderstanding and intolerance....)

A brilliant series of points. Well made, and very clear. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm still looking for proof that being homosexual is not a choice

Well, you've had the proof yourself all along, as have we all.

Think back to your first sexual stirrings....... don't tell ME about it, but just remember your first crush, your first urges, ....... then perhaps later on imagining they or someone like them naked.

Your first kiss, the flush and rush of blood and passion.

When did you ever weight the consequences of whether you would be heterosexual or homosexual? Did you ponder.... do I want to be with the same gender? Did you make a list of pros and cons?

OR DID YOU JUST KNOW?

We all know what we are.

It just is. We humans are not so far from the Savannah as we try to pretend.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I guess you missed the several videos already posted by DeafAlien then?

When you've viewed them and when you've actually researched the topic a little, I'll pop back and see your "I was wrong" post.

Cheers

I guess you missed my post several posts ago, where I stated that I have already reviewed the videos.

Oh, I do wish you would keep up with the thread of a discussion. It makes things so much simpler not having to explain things time and again.

When you have read the posts, then I'll accept your apology for being ignorant of previous posts.

Actually, let's just stop this pointless diatribe. It seems you have singled me out to troll this thread, and I'm not interested in it any more.

I have said all I feel I need to on this topic with you for now.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Please show me a thread about this specific discussion about the argument of possible mutation or whether calling that mutation is correct or not. Or something similar if you wish too.

I was talking about Homosexuality being a choice... just type "Gay" or "Homosexual" into the search bar, there are plenty to choose from.

Insults instead of intelligent debate
your position is.... well you don't even have one

My position is your OP is absolute bollocks.
And I'm waiting for you to prove otherwise

You just winning and not giving any civilized opinions is what is making you look stupid.

Why thank you, I thought I was Winning too.... nice of you to concede.
As I said... with an OP like yours, I have no fear about looking stupid.

Go read through the 3 pages so far, see where the support is ok?

please just stop
I suggest everyone ignores the troll or the thread will be removed
thanks

You're entire thread is trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join