It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, I know i'm going to get flamed here
and people, let's keep it civil so mods don't delete the thread!

Too many people say that homosexuality is not a choice, some say "I know how I feel, I feel diferent", of course you feel different... you are different!

But to say that homosexuality is not a choice and there is some DNA change causing homosexuality doesn't mean you are calling them mutants?

I am serious, if they are not homosexual by choice then please explain to me how that is not mutation.
No I am not calling homosexual mutants, if YOU say they do not make that choice then YOU are saying they are!

There is so much data out there, some saying it is a choice some saying not, there is both so now what. Lets just rely on logic.

If it is not mutation but also isnt a choice then heterosexuals would also say it is not a choice. And saying it is a choice means it is a mental decision while saying it is not is a physical one.

Thoughts

+44 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
homosexuality occurs naturally within the animal kingdom, do you think those animals choose to be gay? Thats all I have to say on the matter for now

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Before anything more is posted, let me ask this. Is heterosexuality a choice? Is bisexuality a choice?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Whatever absolutes one applies to homosexuals, apply to heterosexuals as well, because all humans work the same way.

The heterosexual sex drive is the same as a homosexual sex drive, the person is sexually attracted to whomever they are attracted to.

If by choice you refer to the choice of acting sexually on your drive, then I say yes both homo and heterosexuals are choosing to have sex.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
who cares if someone is gay. If anything good for them, more women for you. Also this is america, you know, "freedom"?

They are not hurting you. I don't think i have ever met a gay guy who would attempt to kick anyones ass.

Most gay guys appear to be very emotional like women. I see them as women trapped in a guys body and why should they be punished by that?

Do you think Jesus would have spit on a gay guy or not have cured his illness because he was light in the loafers?

This is getting crazy, it is 2010.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If homosexuality is a choice, when does one choose to be heterosexual?

I’m of the school of thought that homosexuality is a natural means to control population. (Forget eugenics, bring on the gays!) This type of behavior has been observed throughout the entire animal kingdom: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Hazystars]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Hazystars]

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S&F for having the courage to say it.

The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?

It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It is not a "free choice" type of thing. It is NOT a mutation.

Let me try to phrase it in a way a straight person will understand.

Example: Ten straight men. Of those ten, two are most sexually aroused ONLY by a woman's buttocks. The other eight straight men are boob-lovers.

So...are the two Butt-lovers mutants?

Let's make it more difficult....some men whip their heads around at just about any redheaded woman. Other men turn away, completely uninterested.

All of these examples are superficial, I realize...BUT that is how we are wired, sexually. It goes a long way back, in our evolutionary history. In fact, ALL animals select sex partners by purely superficial means, at first. Note the displays in the anilm al world, and courting rituals, etc.

Humans (and likely other animals, higher level animals as well) have a capacity to go beyond mere exterior appearances, and can form bonds, and love deeply regardless of looks or "attractiveness" --- which also brings up ANOTHER point. ultural differences, even within Human populations, can dictate standards of what's considered "attractive".

For instance, a few hundred years ago, or so, in Western society, plump women were favored over slender ones.

So...on a purely physical, sexual arousal and stimulation level, it is just a fact that there are men who are aroused by other men, and ONLY other men. And, same for some women.

There are far, far more Humans out there who engage in bisexual behavior than most people realize. That aspect might encompass a certain level of "choice" (or just reflect a very horny, over-sexed insatiable appetite).

In any case, I find your OP a bit offensive, at first glance. Hope you merely wished to get attention, and flags, and decided to stir things a little to see what happened.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I agree and disagree with you on different levels. Is it a choice? Yes. Is it a conscious choice? I don't really think so. Not to deduce it down to simplicity but in gist, I'd say the main factors of those that go homosexual tend to stem back towards relationships with their parents. Such as say for a male homosexual, he most likely has had problems with his father whether the father being abusive or not there, still a similar outcome, just as to if a mother babies the son too much I think it can lead to homosexual tendancies because they will pick up the femaniness (sp?) from the mother as well as seek the love they didn't quite get from the father figure - then mixed with the hormones and the subconscious mind it gets distorted towards seeking intimate love with a member of the same sex. Of course I'm sure theres many other little facets that factor into it, but at the same time I believe if an individual were to seek the cause of the problem, rather than solely addressing the symptoms - there would be progress. Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?

Because there are still heterosexuals around? Simple.

Oh and there are homosexuals in animals. Why are they still around?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Deaf Alien]

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I do not think it is a choice as I remember developing a very strong crush on a boy in my high school class when I was about thirteen or fourteen and let me tell you I did not want to feel that flood of emotion. Therefore I doubt it was by choice that I daydreamed about him day in and day out, hoping to catch sight of him in the street and so on and so forth. I even got into listening to the Kinks because he liked listening to them – ye gads.

I have to surmise that homosexuality is something other than choice and just like the attraction between man and woman the attraction between man and man, woman and woman is equally as mysterious to explain and may never be explained because love is not explainable.

I think it may be more a connection from mind to mind that ignites something deeper within us because that was how it felt with me when I thought as a teenage boy I was in love with another teenage boy and I could think of nothing else but being in his company.

Let’s keep this to ourselves though – I am a happily married man these days (to a woman)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

Huh?

Where did "infertility" come into this?

I suspect my little swimmers would happily infect ---er, I mean, impregnate an ovum if they ever got near one.

Lots of men who are gay have children...through hetero sex. Lots.

The only genes that will be 'selected' out of a population during many generations of the animal are those that result in some deliterious effect, and threatens the viability of the species.

Homosexuality could be a natural means of population control capping.

Oh, and I may have been wrong about the 'mutation' aspect. That word has a poor connotation, and is not well understood (mostly from influences of old B Hollywood monster movies and such...)

Actually, our genome is mutating quite often, in a longer view. All species are. It's called "adaptation"....in biology and genetics studies.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Every human being is a mutation, this has basically been proven. Just clearing that up.

Heterosexuality isn't a choice, it's much much more complex than that. Same with homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
In any case, I find your OP a bit offensive, at first glance. Hope you merely wished to get attention, and flags, and decided to stir things a little to see what happened.

Before I respond to anyone or anything else I want to as you one thing.

If I have an opinion on a topic that I would like to see discussed because I enjoy discussions and maybe even shed some light to my own views it means I wanted attention and wanted to stir things?

You are simply trying to derail the thread with impulsive over-emotional reactions. This is absolutely not what I wanted in this thread, please keep them at the door. I want a civlized discussion and NOT one being oppressed by your fears of such a discussion.

It's 2010!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SlapBassist531

I'd say the main factors of those that go homosexual tend to stem back towards relationships with their parents. Such as say for a male homosexual, he most likely has had problems with his father whether the father being abusive or not there, still a similar outcome, just as to if a mother babies the son too much I think it can lead to homosexual tendancies because they will pick up the femaniness...

Nope. Wrong, this was the thinking back in the dark ages! (The 1950s, I believe).

I had NO problems with my father, he never hit me, never abused me, barely ever raised his voice (even when I scratched my name on the dashboard of his new car...hey, I was maybe three?)

My mother? DEFINATELY not the "babying" type...she was the sort who'd throw you into the pool and shout "Swim!"

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well if you we boil it down there is choice in the act of plunging the ol hammer.

But there is not any choice in the attraction part, that should be apparent, fully.

Could any of you straight dudes here chose to pleasure another dude???

NOT ME, I would vomit, cringe and throw punches NATURALLY -

case closed

A few of the kids I went to school with were poofy at the age of 6 and turned out to be poofy at the age of 26. All of them are that way, then and now...

If you don't get it now, I guess you are that way, then and now.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You're OP is just purely baiting.... go and do some research instead of clogging up the boards with your bollocks.

[edit on 25/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Two people have made the claim that there are homosexual animals around.

To these, I ask, where is your evidence.

Also, can you prove whether or not the "researchers" that found these supposedly 'gay' animals, are homosexuals themselves?

It seems that a lot of the homosexual community spends a lot of time and money on proving their cause. I recall somewhere that Ian McKellen said in an interview that whenver he saw a Gideons Bible he tore out the parts about Sodom and Gomorrah, because he didn't like what it said... I wish people like him would grow up.

Personally I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home, that's between you and your conscience to sort out, but I do wish that these raving loonies would stop being so defensive and just have a civil conversation!

People don't agree with you being homosexual.... so what!?!?! I don't agree with you being homosexual either, but that doesn't mean I am going to tell you not to do it, or that you can't have an opinion. As already stated, what you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you. Acting civilly and responsibly in the world is what we should all aspire to.

What I do want to see, though, are some facts and figures. Solid impartial facts and figures, that prove how the homosexual gene has managed to survive the process of evolution. After all, the basics of life is to reproduce in order to ensure the survival of the species... homosexuality flies in the face of that. So, where is the proof that there is a "gay" gene!??!?!?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I give up

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

You're OP is just purely baiting.... go and do some research instead of clogging up the boards with your bollocks.

[edit on 25/3/10 by blupblup]

How about showing some manners and civility? Not only are you rude and offensive to the OP, but you can't even use a reasoned and sensible argument to contribute to the discussion.

You aren't immature are you? You do have a higher reasoning centre that can process complex thought patterns?

Add to the discussion, use reason and logic to close the discussion, or shut up!

It's childish comments like yours that detract from threads, and make you look stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join