It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality is a choice and nothing else!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
perhaps gay men were scorned by a woman in early childhood. They like Barbies instead of He-mans, possibly gay men hate the chellenge that a woman presents, as the old saying goes, Cant beatem, joinem.

Nah , honestly, i have no idea, i see people for who they are, not for their sexual orientation. I have a few gay friends, i especially like my bi-sexual girlfriends......

link   
I would describe it as more of a strong urge, or inclination. Suppose for example a homosexual feels an attraction for a member of their same sex, then they can choose not to act on this urge. That is as far as the choice goes, the feeling will still be their whether they act on it or not.

[edit on 3/25/2010 by NJE03]

link   
You know what's funny? People always tend to view sexuality as a binary thing, heterosexual or homosexual. However
, I always feel greatly attracted to the -in my opinion very progressive- view that sexuality can be seen as a continuüm (is that an English word?). Therefore, bisexuality is easily explained I think.
Just an interesting point of view if you ask me, and worth bringing up in this thread.

Am I a thread killer now? I always wanted to be one...please?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by -Thom-]

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Animals don't have the power to Think.

So just because they do it doesn't make it right.

Nature doesn't make mistakes.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

If those researchers have "hidden agenda", then I suppose they made those animals homosexuals to further their agenda?

Logic fail

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not by Logic, but by records found in historical writings...

Not saying I believe or disbelieve, but here is an historical account of perhaps Aliens, interbreeding with the human species...

Remember this is Not necessarily my opinions, but just what is on record from One of the Books of E’Noch.... The Book of E’Noch I-XXXVI Quote;

The Book of E’Noch I-XXXVI

the children of the heavens, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another:

“Come, let us chose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.”

And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them:

“I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed,
and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.”

And they all answered him and said:

“Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations
not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.”

Then swear they all together and bound themselves together by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred;
who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

And these are the names of their leaders:
Semiazaz, their leader,
Arakiba,
Rameel,
Kokabiel,
Tamiel,
Ramiel,
Danel,
Ezeqeel,
Baraqijal,
Asael,
Armaros,
Batarel,
Ananel,
Zaqiel,
Samsapeel,
Satarel,
Turel,
Jomael,
Sariel.

These are their chiefs of tens.

Chapter 7.

And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives,
and each chose for himself one,
and they began to go in unto them and defile themselves with them,
and they taught them charms and enchantment’s,
and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants,
whose height was Three Thousand Ells:

Who consumed all the acquisitions of men.
And when men could no longer sustain them,

04. The giants turned against them and devoured mankind.

And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish,
and to devour one an others flesh, and drink the blood.

So today perhaps we see genetic throwbacks from this ???

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Of course homosexuality is a choice and nothing else.

People like to say there's a "gay" gene, but there's no scientific proof for that.

It's just an excuse they want to use to endorse their wrong lifestyles.

Typical excuses for supporting homosexuality:

1)It happens in the animal kingdom so it's right

-Nope, just because animals do it doesn't make it right because if that was the case, then we should be hunting others like cannibals and eating them too.

2)I know a friend who knows a friend who has a friend who plays with dolls and likes boys

-You are not a homosexual unless you do something SEXUAL with a guy, you know like rear end sex. Just because a boy plays with dolls doesn't make him gay.

3)There's a gay gene

-Nope there actually isn't, and there's no scientific proof for that.

4)People who don't agree with homosexuality are secret closet homos

-Sorry not going to work here. This is just like the "anti-semitic" card you see people draw when Israel is criticized.

Case Dismissed.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Emerald The Paradigm]

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers

How about showing some manners and civility? Not only are you rude and offensive to the OP, but you can't even use a reasoned and sensible argument to contribute to the discussion.

Oh... you mean the discussion that's been done a million times on here?
A discussion that is already raging on another thread right now... do we need 2,3,4 threads spouting the same misinformed bunch of crap?

You aren't immature are you? You do have a higher reasoning centre that can process complex thought patterns?

Duh.... what.... alls i know is them there queers ain't natural... they can just stop being gay and like members of the opposite sex.... /sarc

:shk:

Add to the discussion, use reason and logic to close the discussion, or shut up!

Reason and logic??

If the OP was even remotely based on either I would be happy to conduct myself in a similar manner... as it's absolute bollocks.... I think I'll just carry on thanks

It's childish comments like yours that detract from threads, and make you look stupid.

Yeah....that must be it.

Not making threads that do nothing but spout hatred and are absolutely littered with fallacious statements and filled with the ignorant fools.... that wouldn't make me look stupid would it?

[edit on 25/3/10 by blupblup]

link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S&F for having the courage to say it.

The problem I always have with people who claim homosexuality is genetic is; how is the gay gene passed down if gays aren't interested in the type of sex that results in children?

It seems to me that if there was a gay gene, it would have gone the way of the dodo centuries ago. How does a gene get passed along which results in the infertility of the person who has the gene?

Exactly. And to whomever says it exist in nature, that is a flat out lie. My dog mounts people and other dogs regardless of their sex. Does this make him gay? You might say so, but he is actually establishing dominance, it has nothing to do with sex.

If homosexuality existed in the animal kingdom and it is genetic, the "gene" would never be passed on because the animal will never mate and procreate. Natural selection is nature's quality control to keep bloodline pure. What exactly are they teaching people in biology classes these days?

link   
I believe sexual orientation has more to do with upbringing and experience than it does genes. There are various studies that suggest a variety of factors might influence sexual orientation - some lean more toward the nature, others more toward the nurture side.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but homosexuality is not natural. This does not mean it is wrong or people that are gay are outcasts by any means (at least in my own eyes). A fitting example is to consider a situation where two people are castaway to a deserted island. Two people of the same sex who are both homosexuals will not be able to start a family or their own civilisation. Two people of opposite sexes that are both heterosexuals will not only be able to, they will be far more likely to do so than homosexuals of different genders.

[edit on 25/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Just because there are four or fifty four threads on here talking about homosexuality, does not excuse your lack of civility!

You sir, or madam, are rude.

I might suggest you grow up, and act like the adult you no doubt claim to be.

If you do not like a discussion, don't take part. Failing that, note your distates and move on.

You've just espoused the "hatred" that the OP is spewing, yet your language here suggests just the same. The word "hypocrite" springs to mind.

I once had you down as a sensible and reasoned poster.... that view has changed.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

My dog mounts people and other dogs regardless of their sex.

Irrelevant analogy.

That is the "thinking" that isn't, and it leads to all the misunderstandings that persist.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I watched the first two videos and gave up. What a lot of tripe!

The first video makes all sorts of claims, but shows no solid evidence.

I laughed out loud when it suggested that the neck rubbing of two make giraffes was "overt homosexual behaviour", in a serious and somewhat threatening tone.

It then claimed that the male lions that were showing each other affection were engaged in "homosexual acts".

What planet are these people on????

I show my brothers affection by hugging them. I hug my nephew, and he sometimes offers me a kiss on the cheek too... my father and I hug. Does that mean we are all engaged in "overt homosexual behaviour"??? NO.

Where's the proof?

Also, can you tell me for a fact tha the researchers, or the people that comissioned these programmes didn't have an agenda to promote homosexuality? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Interestingly, perhaps, among modern adult terran humans, approximately 9% consider themselves to be 'primarily gay' (i.e. have a decided preference for the same sex, but naturally in view of the vast numbers of gay mothers and fathers in the world --gotta love family pressure--these people are fully capable of hetero-sex when they 'have to do it..')

And there is a 2nd group, another 25% of the adult modern human terran population that consider themselves in some way or another to be 'bi-sexual' i.e. enjoy it 'both ways' i.e. can find satisfying sexual release with members of either sex, but mos persons in this second category have a slight preference for one over the other, although throughout their lives, this preference may switch back from one to the other...(at least according to persons who have bothered to study this in depth, e.g. Kinsey, or the persons who worked for so long on the socalled Hite report etal.)

The rest (approx 2/3rds of the general population) more or less consider themselves to be hetero-sexual (by their own definition) although up to half of this third group (or more, "if they be tellin' the truth") have had at least one or more homo-sexual experimental experiences etc.

CURIOUSLY (or maybe not) the VERY SAME RATIO in terms of actual NUMBERS of homo, bi and hetero sexual percentage leanings in any general population of modern terran adult humans (homo sapiens sapiens) i.e. 9%, 25% and 66% respectively exists for LEFT and RIGHT handed persons in any given population ('gaggle') of humans.

That is to say, that, no matter how hard to try to deny it, approximately 9% of the adult terran human modern population will ALWAYS consider themselves to be 'primarily LEFT HANDED'

Whereas 25 % of the general population of the same modern terran human species considers themselves to be 'AMBI-DEXTEROUS' i.e. free to use BOTH hands, but usually with a decided preference, which may swing from one to the other at different times of the year or different times in their lives. But they seem to 'like it both ways' (whatever tricks your trigger, that's what I say...)

The rest (approx 66%) of the adult modern human terran population on good ole Terra (i.e. planet Earth) considers themselves to be RIGHT HANDED, although approx. half of this last group (or more 'if they be tellin' the truth') have 'experimented' with using their LEFT hand to do things like drive a car or drink various hot liquids from ceramic coffee cups or try to write with a pen.

When I was growing up, I began my kindergarten years using my LEFT hand (ok I liked to drawn, so shoot me) but the Teacher (a fundamentalist right wing Chrsitian extremist, albeit) told me that it was EVIL ('sinister' means 'left handed' in Latin, for example) and I was slapped for trying to draw with my left. I later learned that people who were LEFT HANDED WERE BURNED AT THE STAKE FOR BEING WITCHES and being ALLIGNED with the DEVIL.

There was another little boy in the same kindergarten class who was a CLOSET LEFT HANDED user when he saw what happened to me, and faked his way through the class for months and months and NEVER told the teacher (but I caught him 'doing it' with his left hand alot - it always amazes me how blind kindergarten teachers are to these things) and got a way with it. Don't know what happend when he got to first grade - probably got whacked by his fellow classmates for being 'different'...

When I made it to the 5th grade, the teacher actually ALLOWED left handed children to write with their LEFT hand openly in front of others in the class (!!) as if it were perfectly NORMAL (but, come on, obviously, like homosexuality among terran humans and more advaned primates on Terra, BEING LEFT HANDED IS TECHNICALLY SPEAKING 'NOT NORMAL'. That is to say, IT IS NOT THE NORM. Whatever that means.)

I suppose my having blue eyes is also NOT normal. I mean 7/8ths of the population of good ole Terra has BROWN eyes, although of different shades of brown (from light to near black). People still stare at me and point them out. Especially small children who have never seen blue eyes before: it freaks them out, I think.

One little 3 year old boy pointed at me in the Cafe--Look Mommy! Look at da Angel !!

(I told him, 'Quiet, kid, you'll blow my cover !')

Now whether or not there is A DIRECT CO-RELATION between LEFT HANDEDness and HOMOSEXUALITY is not quite clear to me or the pundits

But it DOES SUGGEST (by the numbers in the 'Studies') that RELIGION and SOCIAL NORMS (expectations) may PLAY a BIG part in the CHOOSING to be RIGHT HANDED (when you know in your heart that you REALLY are LEFT HANDED).

So in most backward states in America, for example, you cannot get married legally if you are homosexual to your same sex partner. Also you cannot use Scissors properly if you are left handed in America (unless you go out and buy a 'special' left handed scissors 'for people who choose to be that way'.

The really weird thing about all of this is: Leonardo da Vinci was BOTH LEFT HANDED AND HOMOSEXUAL (talk about your double-minority !!)

And my own biological father (who was one of the 2/3rds of the 'what is homosexuality anyway' gang who wouldn't even know it if he saw it happening right in front of him) was LEFT HANDED.

He knew what it was like to be laughed at at school, for people to call him names like SOUTH PAW etc. and for never ever ever being able to buy a pair of scissors that would work for him.

Or for people to stare at him when he signed something public with a pen (e.g. writing a check - you should have seen the stares when I was growing up when I saw him for the first time actually Doing the Deed with his Left in public - which consistsed of signing his pay check at the bank -- I'll NEVER be ONE OF THEM, I said to myself.

These days, I still find myself slipping into my old self--driving with my left hand, and also picking up coffee mugs with my left...I mean, I seriously WONDER if this thing is inbread (I might be a closet-left handed person, oh shock and awe !) or whether it is a CHOICE (or 'learned' behaviour)

I guess I will have to wait to hear from other closet left handed queers on this thread to see if THEY have had the same issues I did growing up in the 1960s or whether perhaps times have changed for the better - you know, all the Acceptance of Difference stuff.

is lEFT HANDEDNESS 'NATURE or NURTURE?'

That is the REAL Question...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Where's the proof?

Two male animals mounting each other is not proof???

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by kingofmd

My dog mounts people and other dogs regardless of their sex.

Irrelevant analogy.

That is the "thinking" that isn't, and it leads to all the misunderstandings that persist.

Rubbish. My mothers dog mounts anything it can get its grubby paws around. It's called being horny. It has nothing to do with sexual preferences at all.

Just think about when you were a teenager, and discovered for the first time that you had a crotch. Just like everyone else, you were probably engaged in lots of rampant masturbation. You didn't always think sexual thoughts when you "knocked one off", but I can bet you did it more often than you'd like to admit here, and that it had nothing to do with sexual orientation, more that "desire to do it".

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think the problem is that most people don't seem to understand how genes work. Just because a person's gene's may predispose someone to a phenotype does not necessarily mean that that phenotype will present. Every gene you possess are not active at all times. There is usually an environmental stimuli that will cause a gene to turn on or off. So, it may be possible for someone to possess a "gay" gene and never have it turned on, so they could pass it on to offspring while never displaying the phenotype themselves. Then there's also the fact that many phenotypes rely on genes at multiple loci, but that opens up a whole new can of worms.

link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

In the first two videos where were the two male animals mounting each other? I saw some animals showing affection, but there was no scene showing two males mounting each other.

The claim in the first video that the monkeys (macaws?) are the only animals to have mastered anal penetration, is nonesnse. If they are the only species to have mastered anal penetration, where's the footage?

Show me the proof!

link   

Be honest.

Can you make the decision to be attracted to people of the same sex?

Why or why not?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I think the problem is that most people don't seem to understand how genes work.

You make this claim, then the homosexual community and their supporters make the claim that "it's in their genes".

Which is it to be? Do we know it's in the genes or not?

If we don't know how genes work, then it seems apparent to me that the debate about "gay genes" is not closed. Until solid, irrefutible evidence is provided.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join