It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bills to OK carrying concealed guns without permits advance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by ANNED

Oh i will not own a Glock. I want a gun that if i run empty i can use as a club.

Amen. I had an conversation with an older officer who I noticed wasn't carrying a glock and he feels the same way.

If you find yourself in a gunfight and you empty your gun, and you still need to use it as a club, I'd suggest getting some more training.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by ANNED

Oh i will not own a Glock. I want a gun that if i run empty i can use as a club.

Amen. I had an conversation with an older officer who I noticed wasn't carrying a glock and he feels the same way.

If you find yourself in a gunfight and you empty your gun, and you still need to use it as a club, I'd suggest getting some more training.

Regardless of that aspect of the Glock, I would avoid purchasing one because of the way it ejects the shell (right by your head). I don't like shooting a gun that throws the cartridge at my face.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
well your going to start seeing all sorts of stuff were states are trying to help the people more then the federal government

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
funny story about glocks and their like...
I took my sons to the shooting range a couple of weeks ago. they had their fun for an hour with me coaching, then before it was time to go my son asked
"Should I get daddy's gun out"?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c9ec5a58438.jpg[/atsimg]
Not only is my Old Dan Wesson .44 larger than... when I fired my first shot those folks standing with there glocks stopped to admire the 50 yard bullseye's, 6 in a ragged 1.5 inch hole, all thinking such a shot was nothing short of miraculous...

My point being when did we give up basic marksmanship in favor of high cap magazines?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
In my opinion, all 50 states should have this law.

I don't read in my copy of the constitution where it says I need a permit to carry.

You got that right. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that people must be fined for carrying a concealed weapon, in fact it says the contrary.

It has been thanks to Democrat/Liberal lawmakers, and some sellout Republicans, or RINOs (Republican In Name Only) and who were Democrat but decided to infiltrate the Republican party, that they have forced dozens, upon dozens of laws to restrict firearms with the ultimate goal to ban American citizens from even owning firearms...

Don't get me wrong, I don't only think that Democrats in power are sell outs, and anti-American, but there are many Republicans who have also sold their souls to corporations instead of helping, or at least trying to help the people.

However, I have to disagree with those members who claim that "NRA card carrying Americans are nuts"....

Why are we nuts because we give some money to a group that fights for at least some freedom? that is the freedom for every good, free abidding American to own and bear arms?...

Does the NRA make money?... yes it does just like every other agency similar to it does.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have a question to all open-carriers here. Based on a lot of your posts in this thread, it seems as if no one really has trouble with the law regarding open-carry. My question is this: is it in part due to your ages? How old are most of you who open-carry? I happen to look very young, so I'm hoping that it won't earn me some unpleasant encounters with LEO when I begin open-carrying...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Keep you glocks and 44's 45's. Go ahead an wet yourself when I roll out the big guns

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dd5bfe5e4d9.jpg[/atsimg]

Really though carrying anything bigger than 45 is just hard to pack around.

I open carry and I'm 27 Orph

[edit on 25-3-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Mykahel

One problem with open carry is it paints you as a target...
Bad guy desperate for his drug money is going to rob XYZ store anyway but See's your sidearm and knows he has to take you out first...

Concealed he doesn't know he's about to make a huge mistake...

as to your other question
in the Law Enforcement Community the G22 G23 and now the G36 are being seen as problematic. See Forum here

[edit on 25-3-2010 by DaddyBare]
I disagree. As a former criminal, i wouldn't be thinking, i got to take that guy out first. I would be thinking, I got to find a different store to rob. After all you might lose that battle. Why bother when it would be so much easier to find an easier target.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I have a question to all open-carriers here. Based on a lot of your posts in this thread, it seems as if no one really has trouble with the law regarding open-carry. My question is this: is it in part due to your ages? How old are most of you who open-carry? I happen to look very young, so I'm hoping that it won't earn me some unpleasant encounters with LEO when I begin open-carrying...

I am 35. I find that when you are open carrying, you get a lot more respect from everyone, including LEO. Everyone is very polite. They know you can fight back if need be.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
in canuckistan (canada), a pellet gun is considered a firearm and concealed carry permit wouldn't you any good because when you shoot someone in self defense here chances are 99% that they would charge you with manslaughter regardless of the circumstances. unless your a gangbanger where stray bullets hitting babies in carriages only gets you 2 years less a day, plus 3 for 1 credit on every day you spend in pre-trial custody. thanks for also exporting the bloods, crips and all that other bullsh-t that wasn't in canuckistan 15 years ago. the people here are so wound up trying not to break the 1700 laws that are in place, plus gangbangers, plus nwo agendas, plus provincial governments that spend millions of dollars of taxes its citizens worked hard to earn on think tanks hired to devise ways of raising revenues, i.e. taxes, plus made members of the bonanno crime family in federal parliament, plus a prime minister that you need to hire a team of the best cia man-hunters to locate, plus the government charging $15 for a six pack, plus an electronic toll highway (407) that a 3 mile drive will cost you $11, plus a new tax to start off the summer, the HST, that should add $3 to every purchase of $10, plus the canadian version of the FCC decreeing that canadians have enough disposable income that they can afford the extra $10 on their $60+tax basic cable service (basic cable service-70 channels 62 of them unwatchable) that the cable corps. are "passing" on their valuable customers, plus $4 a gallon gas (despite having the 2nd largest proven oil reserve on the planet), plus the fact that the pluses are endless. the team of psychiatrists trying to figure out why the people are insane will have their salaries paid for. at least the canadian government have figured out that driving it's citizens insane and then having them to pay for treatment is cruel and unusual punishment. if you can make it in canada for one month you can make it anywhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
reply to post by Retseh

Oh! good point. Get a firearm that fits. I have small hands and the weapon of the day (at the time) for a US Air Force LE/SP was a 9mm Berretta (fine weapon in my estimation) But have you ever fired one? Not for the small handed let me tell you.

I was a member of the Peace Keeper challenge in 2003 and had to learn how to deal with the size of this weapon, and I did, but I also received months of extensive training with it.

But yes I could not agree more. When shopping mold the weapon to your hand, push the backstrap into your palm and do not settle until it feels right. Not too much trigger finger or too little - that trigger should fall right in the middle of that first digit comfortably.

The Sig p226 was a nice fit (aside from the price tag, but the FED picked that one up - score) I presently carry the Glock 17 9mm and recommend it highly as a nice middle of the road weapon.

I carry the P229 and i love it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I think open carry makes more sense, but in my state of residence, Arkansas, open carry is illegal, unless it is own your own property, and then, you must be a certain distance from roadways and streets. In other, words, you need ot own a farm.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I'm 25.

Cops here are generally good about it, though downtown they're going to ask questions and with good reason. I don't mind as they never harass me about it or give me any crap. I've had my tactical rifles out in the open with cops around and no one realty said anything. If you're not acting like you're doing something wrong there shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks. I can see by your avatar (if that is indeed you) that you don't look much older than me. That gives me encouragement.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My friends, it is time for gun owners to start solicting their state reps and senators to do away with permits, and to allow open and concealed carry. I don't mind them doing a background check to see if I am guilty of a felony, and I don't even mind going to a range and proving I can safely handle my weapon of choice.
But that constitution doesn't state that we are required to have a permit.
I will be writing my state reps tomorrow morning. I don't really expect much since we are a democratically controlled state, but we've got to try.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
in canuckistan (canada), a pellet gun is considered a firearm and concealed carry permit wouldn't you any good because when you shoot someone in self defense here chances are 99% that they would charge you with manslaughter regardless of the circumstances. unless your a gangbanger where stray bullets hitting babies in carriages only gets you 2 years less a day, plus 3 for 1 credit on every day you spend in pre-trial custody. thanks for also exporting the bloods, crips and all that other bullsh-t that wasn't in canuckistan 15 years ago. the people here are so wound up trying not to break the 1700 laws that are in place, plus gangbangers, plus nwo agendas, plus provincial governments that spend millions of dollars of taxes its citizens worked hard to earn on think tanks hired to devise ways of raising revenues, i.e. taxes, plus made members of the bonanno crime family in federal parliament, plus a prime minister that you need to hire a team of the best cia man-hunters to locate, plus the government charging $15 for a six pack, plus an electronic toll highway (407) that a 3 mile drive will cost you $11, plus a new tax to start off the summer, the HST, that should add $3 to every purchase of $10, plus the canadian version of the FCC decreeing that canadians have enough disposable income that they can afford the extra $10 on their $60+tax basic cable service (basic cable service-70 channels 62 of them unwatchable) that the cable corps. are "passing" on their valuable customers, plus $4 a gallon gas (despite having the 2nd largest proven oil reserve on the planet), plus the fact that the pluses are endless. the team of psychiatrists trying to figure out why the people are insane will have their salaries paid for. at least the canadian government have figured out that driving it's citizens insane and then having them to pay for treatment is cruel and unusual punishment. if you can make it in canada for one month you can make it anywhere.

So what are you going to do aboot it? We see what's happening to us and will be acting on it very soon, did you not see it happening to you?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Not sure the wording of the bill. But U.S. Citizen should be a red flag. It is an unalienable right to keep and bare arms. It is not a "Right" to be granted to a slave by it's master the USA corporation. Better the bill acknowledge the state sovereign / citizen right to do as they like and the "State" and the Fed having no say in the matter.

Arizona is a strange place. Phoenix is very Illuminati. Most of the rest of the state is healthier.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You guys/gals are all wetting your pants right now over this..........but on other threads, all I hear is "OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS". Which is it????

I'm confused, as a person who has guns in her house, for hunting, that is, what's the deal? You can't have it both ways. Revolution, you'll never take my gun Mr. Obama, and then this.........

I swear it's the fear of someone taking your gun that voted Bush in two terms, and when you get it your way, new laws that PROTECT your rights, you are still on other threads bitching. Good God!

Okay, flame away at me, that's fine, I just love sitting back watching you all fight.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Good on Arizona for this but I wonder when the citizens of "The Surveillance State" will take those guns out and start shooting out all the cameras there. The traffic control cameras are only there to make your life miserable with unreasonable fines for speeding that only serve to make the city/state governments money. They do not keep people from speeding, that's for sure.

I once got one, I know of this crap. $178 for 13 miles over the limit? And the bloody courts say this is legal? Where the hell is my right to confront my accuser? How is a camera always right, it can never make a mistake? I'd bet more than that fine that I was NOT even in that area that day but the ticket wasn't received until a month after the fact so how can one know by then?

Luckily that ex-governor, the DHS biotch Napolitano, didn't get her way as she wanted to put cameras everywhere, on all the highways in the whole state.

Just remember they are watching you pretty much anywhere in the Phoenix metro area. I guess baby steps, take our rights back one by one, is the way it might happen(if it happens at all) so I'm glad about this but it's not the only battle left in this war, for lack of a better analogy.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

While AZ moves to pass no-permit concealed carry Washington state is pushing for an AWB.

It never stops. For every step forward there's two back.

Even the SCOTUS ruling on D.C.'s ban came full of garbage. The ban was ultimately struck down but the ruling opened the world up for 'heavy regulation.'

Who would have thought "shall not be infringed" would be such a difficult concept to grasp?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join