It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bills to OK carrying concealed guns without permits advance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree. All my kids know how to shoot and all about gun safety. Do you have any idea how many people have never seen a real gun or had the opprotunity to hold one? Then they go out and buy one with out anyone to to teach them what to do with it. Granted it's a point and shoot thing but anyone who has ever shot a gun knows there is a lot more to it than that.

All Im saying is that right now a lot of people are ready to arm themselves (which I am all for), and I would appreciate them being taught a thing or two upon purchase. I would hate for them to have an accident that scares the crap out of everyone or hurts someone unintentionally.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

For those knee-jerk get a gun on a whim types there are some really great programs like the Appleseed Project along with loads of other "first time shooting" style programs offered by local gun clubs and ranges all the time. Women specific and children specific courses are generally the most common ones.

Appleseed Project

Perhaps knowledge of these programs is a problem but ideally local shops would have the information of local events available or plastered around the bulletin boards.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Good lord Constantwonder! Is that a 454 Casull? Bring down many rhinos or elephants with that thing? Loud noises scare me, stay at the far end of the firing line when I'm around please

great news there DB for your home state! I see many pro-gun laws coming all around the country. With Obama's election it;s almost as if a switch went off and everyone started thinking "how did our gun laws get so messed up?".

On the subject of WHICH CC gun to have I've discovered that having small hands any auto with a doublestack mag doesn;t fit my hand well nor can I shoot it properly (especially if it's DAO with a long trigger travel). Double stack magazine pistols are also much fatter and harder to conceal and carry. I think this is important for women to consider as well as guys with small hands.

I just finished installing night sights on my itty bitty LCP. It's probably the only LCP in the world with any sights on it whatsoever. I'll post some pics for you DB.

How come you find all the good gun related stories Daddybare? If I ever take a trip out west I'm coming by so you can take me to the range! I want to make a boomboom with that DW hogleg of yours

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ya know your always welcome to come hang out but with summer coming I'm already thinking about fishing more than Shooting...LOL... Even with your hand still healing my DW is such a heavy gun that a good deal of recoil is lost before you feel it...Its not my everyday carry choice, but it is damn fun to make that big dog Bark.

As a semi retired gunsmith I keep abreast of all news regarding firearms. As a one Time member of the Marine Corps shooting team it was always focused on safe gun handling as much as it was about precision shooting. I still believe everyone should receive proper training... I my case that came from first my father and grandfather later the Marine's polished skills I already had... today I'm teaching my kids... we just went through the Dime on the barrel dry fire drill with my youngest... he picked up the nasty habit of flinching... dime trick is how you break that habit...

As to spreading this law to other states, please do... there's ample evidence that crime rates plummet with an armed civil population. Bad guys will always try to intimidate with a threat of violence... take that power away from them and they simply seek easy victims elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I have a C.C.W. license,a .357 ruger and I am a 55
year old grandma!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I don't think this will ever happen.The states like the
money they collect from the permits.It would be worth
a shot though.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Been there done that fixed the dinne and got the Appleseed T's. It is an excelent thing. A lot of people are kind of scared of those projects and I dont expect to see the Appleseed shoots last unfortunatly. They gave a great history lesson on the American Revolution, but some fear being noticed as an extremist. We are here in Missouri where they started that bit about how cops should take warning if someone seems patriotic and such. NObody wants to be on a list right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have a Utah CCW, but I live in L.A., so it does me no good. got it more as a statement than anything else. I would love to open carry. it's legal in CA, as long as it's unloaded(but you can have a clip in a pouch on your hip, I believe). One problem. I'm black. if I walk around L.A. with a gun on my hip, LAPD will call a tactical alert, I wouldn't get very far

[edit on 27-3-2010 by dragonseeker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join