It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christian form of Death: Dumping Live Victims into Sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Many of the victims were so weak from torture and detention that they had to be helped aboard the plane. Once in flight, they were injected with a sedative by an Argentine Navy doctor before two officers stripped them and shoved them to their deaths.

....he confessed his actions to a military priest, who absolved him, saying the killings "had to be done to separate the wheat from the chaff."

He said senior military officers had told participants in the flights that the church hierarchy sanctioned the missions as "a Christian form of death."

The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, a group representing families of victims, held a large protest in downtown Buenos Aires on Thursday and demanded that the church "end its silence on what it knows about the dirty war" and that it release a list of priests who cooperated with the military.

"The military first threw our children into the river alive, their feet trapped inside a bucket of cement," said Hebe de Bonafini, director of the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo. "But the corpses began to wash ashore, so they decided to start dumping them in the open ocean. The church knew exactly what was going on and did nothing to stop it."

"Argentine Tells of Dumping Dirty War Captives into Sea"
New York Times, March 13, 1995

In Memory of the Many Innocents
Press Release- 15 years ago, this month.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Are people so deluded that they imagine a man -- just like themselves -- has the authority, the power, the right to absolve them ?

This has always intrigued me, that Roman Catholics could spin their brains and convince themselves that their crimes, their sins, have been made to 'go away' by a man in a frock and through repeating religious chants

'There shall be no mediator between man and God but Jesus Christ'

Somehow though, Roman Catholic heirarchy hijacked open dialogue between human and God and inserted themselves in the middle ... play the role of middle-man. To pick up the power and the money. To pervert the intended one-on-one with God. And claim they are God's representives - translators - PR people -power-brokers-intermediaries --- all self-styled

Sorry, Argentinian murderers, but if you're relying on the promises of a human (regardless of his dress, incense, clerical rank, etc.) to wash away your crimes, then you've been taken for a ride --- a ride you deserve

You're cold-blooded murderers. Still. The priests achieved nothing on your behalf

What cowardly children those are who imagine they can run along to a priest, have a little chat and then walk away washed white as snow. To commit their crimes all over again

What a nonsense is any religion which persuades that it's a spiritual car-wash --- walk in filthy, walk out brand new --- and all for the price of a few Hail Mary's and (in extreme cases perhaps) a brown paper bag slipped to the priest who's undertaking to forgive the sinner on God's behalf

Perhaps God will be the judge of the murderous Argentinians

Personally, I believe they should first be handed, bound hand and foot, to their victims' mothers

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Wow, quite shocking could you provide some links etc to check this story out further please ?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Does not sound like they are Christian to me. More like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TELEX

link to story above: Argentine Tells of Dumping 'Dirty War' Captives Into Sea

Did USA give support in these murderous acts, too?

Washington, D.C., 4 December 2003 - Newly declassified State Department documents obtained by the National Security Archive under the Freedom of Information Act show that in October 1976, Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and high ranking U.S. officials gave their full support to the Argentine military junta and urged them to hurry up and finish the "dirty war" before the U.S. Congress cut military aid. A post-junta truth commission found that the Argentine military had "disappeared" at least 10,000 Argentines in the so-called "dirty war" against "subversion" and "terrorists" between 1976 and 1983; human rights groups in Argentina put the number at closer to 30,000.

www.gwu.edu...

Guzzetti assured Kissinger that the ''struggle'' against ''terrorist organizations'' would be finished by the end of 1976. But a 1983 report by an Argentine truth commission showed that the killings accelerated in late 1976 and continued for two more years.

The transcript also vindicates the then-U.S. ambassador to Argentina, Robert Hill, who in late 1976 began pressing the Argentine military on human-rights issues but was told by Argentine officials that Washington was supporting them.

''All along they denied this,'' Dinges said. ``Now, finally, we have Kissinger's actual words giving the green light.''

www.commondreams.org...

I have heard that many times new maneuvers and battle strategies are practiced in smaller areas of less sophisticated countries in order to sharpen skills and iron out kinks. Interesting that *they* were playing the "terrorist" card as an excuse for political dissidents during this era, long before the T word came to USA.

(Another instance of small scale battle games and new implementations in preparation for bigger events are evident in the use of silent sound weapons used in Iraq.)

Laura Feldman was kidnapped by the Argentine military on February 18, 1978. The 18-year-old was never seen by her family again, a victim of the ruthless regime that ruled Argentina from 1976 to 1983.

In 2004, bones believed to be Laura's were found in a mass grave in a cemetery outside Buenos Aires. After a series of genetic tests confirmed her identity, Ana finally received her sister's bones in April 2009.

...uses science to solve the mysteries of Argentina's "Dirty War," a period during which at least 13,000, and perhaps as many as 30,000 people, were "disappeared."

www.cnn.com...

Over and over, the articles keep referring to them as "the disappeared". These people were kidnapped one by one: on the way to work, out shopping, in the middle of the night. It was silent, secret, and no one knew it was happening. I wonder if anyone told their relatives it was "the rapture"?

The same thing could happen here. In any large city, fifty people a day could "disappear" on a daily basis for months and it could be hidden. Look how many missing children we have already and these mysteries are rarely solved.

"An ear of corn reaped in silence."

The dead are rising and they are telling their story.

Mod Edit: Made link to cited news source active.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
still many of the "dissapeared" were also extremists, almost every day there was at least one terrorist attack from them. the government did what it did to prevent any more loss of life.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"Though Shall not kill", "Treat your neighbor as you wanted to be treated".

That man is not a Christian, if he was he would have understood Jesus never said to kill. Jesus said when the time comes, I will separate the wheat from the weeds. It is not his mans job to judge.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
still many of the "dissapeared" were also extremists, almost every day there was at least one terrorist attack from them. the government did what it did to prevent any more loss of life.

I imagine those children with their feet in cement were very dangerous extremists.

Sayin' doesn't always make it so. It could happen here as well. Any truther, no matter how non-violent, may someday be labeled the same way.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
hey im not saying I support what hey did it's just that alot of them were extremists, also called montoneros. both sides weren't right

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That man is not a Christian, if he was he would have understood Jesus never said to kill.

Sorry to nit pick but actually he did -

Luke19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

And before you go off on one trying to make out that jesus didn't mean it like that, it is quite clear that jesus is talking about those who would consider not having him as their king.

Obviously this was a failure on the part of the bible editors at Nicea to proof read, understandable since there was such a rush to enforce this nonsense upon the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I was intrigued, so I checked wiki - here is the link:

Wiki Link

It is amazing what people think they can get away with once they believe God is on their side.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
never understood the catholic church in these things. a mafioso or these people can murder hundreds and yet get absolution. if one gets a divorce, is gay, or have an abortion, you are evil and go to hell!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Does anyone remember hearing about these things when they were happening? I don't.

Sometimes it seems that I am catching up on a lot of news and history through internet that I was never aware of. This news was before I had internet and I would not have been reading NYTimes. And I probably was in my own little world back then.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Good find Star and flag OP

If I remember that the Nazis ended up settling in this area and a few others...

Seems they left more then a mark..

I cant help but wonder...Has someone let the Israeli's know they might be able to get them...

This was murder pure and simple...

nytimes

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ripcontrol]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You know as well as i do that in absolutely no denomination of christianity is christ-like behavior mandated, or even expected. The one and only thing that makes a Christian a christian is whether they have accepted Jesus as the son of god and their personal savior.

Past that, they can be good christians, bad christians, mediocre christians... but so long as they're clasping their hands and accepting Jesus, they're christians - whether you think they've accepted him isn't really relevant.

of course, this reality really conflicts with how lots of Christians just disown any christian who does anything bad. "Well, Cletus was a great christian right up until two hours ago when I heard he hit his wife. Now he's not a Christian anymore"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Of course not. We supported that regime. Your tax dollars paid for it (well, maybe not yours personally, but if you were paying taxes in the 70's and 80's...)

The United States supported a great number of brutal dictatorships. if there was even a whiff of anticommunism coming out of a country, it got American money. Never mind if it was Saddam murdering Iranians by the trainload, or Pinochet ordering the executions of entire families. They were against the commies and so were "good guys." The US media, complicit with the US government, only reported (and often invented" wrong-doing by the ;eft and center in these countries. Protests turned into riots, trying to organize labor unions became conspiracy, escaping the country became espionage...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Which is worse, the soldiers who commited these acts? Or the priests who participated?

I can blame the soldiers for being stupid enough, but the priests knew better. The catholic church has been a curse to the South Americans for centuries.

The roman catholic church is an abomination of everything christian. From it's crusades and inquisitions, to supporting the nazi's, and events such as this, not to mention paedophilia, they have shown themselves to be utterly devoid of any desirable traits.

It's all about controlling the masses.

S+F for you OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Why, because you think christians are special people, who can't possibly do harm or wrong?

Think again, my naive friend.. Think again.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I imagine you know that those "children" planted bombs on streets and houses and killed hundreds of innocent lives. in 1973 alone there was at least one terrorist attack every week caused by radicals like them

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
wow this truly proves that any ideaology can be twisted around *snip* and set loose upon the innocents like a rabid beast

i would compare these people to hitler and the nazis

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by maria_stardust]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join