It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl arrested for disrupting class.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
She did say "I ain't goin anywhere so you gonna have to carry me out."

So... yeah.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You know, we will keep seeing videos like this as long as it takes for folks to figure out that you cannot act any way you want either in public, or on private property. It does not matter that she PAID to be in the class, she lost that privilege when she became a disturbance to other folks who had also PAID to attend that class. She was asked to leave and refused to do so. Law enforcement (most likely campus PD) was called to remove the disturbance, and that is within the realms of a LEO’s duties under the laws in this country. She resisted arrest and continued to shoot off her mouth, simply because she did not know her rights, she only THOUGHT she knew her rights. Once the police decide to effect an arrest, the harder you struggle, the harder you're going to get pounced upon, and that is WITHIN the realm of the law. Law enforcement is allowed to use as much force as required (a level higher then the person is resisting) to effect an arrest and maintain the peace. She is lucky she was not here in Florida or she would have been either tazed, pepper sprayed, or both.

Edit to add, how much you wanna bet she was arguing because she failed a test in a law class…

[edit on 3/25/2010 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
For all those saying she got what she deserved:

You also got what you deserved, if you think that being a princess or a douchbag, gives your goverment to right the arrest you for it.

Ummm, she was arrested for continuing to be a disruption to class and disturbing the peace. You are more then welcome to be a "douchebag" but not if it is going to be at the expense of the education I am paying for.

So dont whine when your civil liberties are taken away, and you get fined / arrested for things you never got trouble for before.

Disturbing the peace has always been illegal.

So what if she's a little whiny and stupid? Does that mean they can arrest her for it?

Again, She was not arrested for being whiny or stupid, she was arrested for disturbing the peace and resisting arrest. The police did not set the tone here, hell, the first thing she said when she saw law enforcement was ," Hell no, 'yall gonna hafta carry me out."

Is she really a threat to society? Is there a risk of coming one day to campus, climing a roof with automatic weapons and start picking off her least favorite people?

Again, disturbing the peace is illegal.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Black folks feel like they have been vindicated and are totally justified in acting out now that Obama is here.
I've seen it in my day to day travels.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its a shame that they didnt cattle prod the heffer!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
well, I for one thought the police and the teacher were correct in there judgement and I support the establishments response.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
dont see a problem here.
not even going to bother saying she could have just shut up to begin with.
were not talking some teacher bashing some poor kid here she sat there through the whole thing cusing and saying how she wouldent leave unless she was draged out .
well shes asked for it they gave it to her

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In the old days they would send you home or make you sit facing the wall. Now kids are being treated as terrorists with Guns in their faces. Maybe they have a right to have guns in class.

They go to through gun screening so guns can be freely used on them.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

She wasn't a kid....she's an adult in college. Well at least she's supposed to be. My 8 year old behaves better than her, but I guess it depends upon your upbrining. That or she thinks she can get away with acting out because she's black. She said she would have to be dragged out......well, be careful what you wish for.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This isn't high school. She can't go around treating people like that and expect to be exempt from punishment.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
She admits in the video that she threatened a student.

That in-and-of itself is justification to remove that student from the campus and kick her out of the college, with no refund.

Everything else is just her own personal drama.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Not a conspiracy. That girl had it coming. She's obnoxious and disruptive.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
In the old days they would send you home or make you sit facing the wall. Now kids are being treated as terrorists with Guns in their faces. Maybe they have a right to have guns in class.

They go to through gun screening so guns can be freely used on them.

I don't know where or if you went to college, but I've never been to a college where they "make you sit facing the wall."Nice try though.I mean i really doubt at a college they could make this girl do that.Not trying to be racist, but I think this girl thinks that since she was black that she could just get away with it.I hope she was charged and ends up getting kicked out of school for what she did and I hope she sees charges.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join