It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light bends matter, surprising scientists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"To be honest, it took us three and a half years to really figure out how photons of light can lead to such a remarkable change in rigid structures a thousand times bigger than molecules."

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Yes. And?

We know about the photoelectric effect.

We know that light effect matter in some way.

Again, why the surprise?

It's just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why is it so surprising that light affects heavy molecules?

All it got to do is to affect individual particle or molecule and cause them to rotate slightly, in effect each one of them rotating in a chain and then you have the string twist.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

hi there Drew what i posted and you got the stars and i did not >?

what '
' all kidding aside as i can care less and feel better as im not here to look for flag or stars at all Im just like give and listen to response's with people with beautiful minds well at least you pointed out to the ATS members a reason why it should have a second look

well thats cleared anyways here is another effect! that goes along with
the double split theory well sort of is the Copper Pipe and Magnet trick as Copper and Magnets do not attract each other but the make this effect ! it is the very same thing in how Electric motor's runs electronics.howstuffworks.com...

www.coolmagnetman.com...

a video explaining www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
a video that shows it

I will always believe if there a action there a reaction

Matter Anti Matter ? one of my fav's

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Why is it so surprising that light affects heavy molecules?

All it got to do is to affect individual particle or molecule and cause them to rotate slightly, in effect each one of them rotating in a chain and then you have the string twist.

According to this, it hadn't been observed in larger particles:

futurity.org...

While light has been known to affect matter on the molecular scale—bending or twisting molecules a few nanometers in size—it has not been observed causing such drastic mechanical twisting to larger particles. The nanoparticle ribbons in this study were between one and four micrometers long. A micrometer is one-millionth of a meter.

“I didn’t believe it at the beginning,” Kotov says. “To be honest, it took us three and a half years to really figure out how photons of light can lead to such a remarkable change in rigid structures a thousand times bigger than molecules.”

Future applications:

Sudhanshu Srivastava, a postdoctoral researcher in his lab, is trying to make the spirals rotate. “He’s making very small propellers to move through fluid—nanoscale submarines, if you will,” Kotov explains. “You often see this motif of twisted structures in mobility organs of bacteria and cells.”

The nanoscale submarines could conceivably be used for drug-delivery and in microfluidic systems that mimic the body for experiments. This newly discovered twisting effect could also lead to microelectromechanical systems that are controlled by light. And it could be utilized in lithography, or microchip production.

I'm not a Scientist and I don't play one on TV (or the internet) . A lot of this just goes right over my head.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Thanks for clarifying Boyd Bushmen's antigravity magnet claims in his David Sereda interview....

and so this is the Coral Castle secret as well -- a variation of this.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by Wolfenz

Light does not have mass -- light has MOMENTUM. It's a subtle but important difference.

light has mass, just not a resting mass. that is ho light can have momentum. mass is a tricky word.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Again I'm talking about the "time-frequency uncertainty principle" -- that's the Western science perspective but there's also the "complementary opposite resonance" perspective of non-symmetric math.

Yeah you heard Robert Lanza last night?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

To measure anything’s position precisely, at any given instant, is to “lock-in” on one static frame of its motion, as in a film. Conversely, as soon as you observe movement or momentum you can’t isolate a frame — because momentum is the summation of many frames. Sharpness in one parameter induces blurriness in the other. To understand this, consider for a moment that you are watching a film of an archery tournament. An archer shoots and the arrow flies. The camera follows the arrow’s trajectory from the archer’s bow toward the target. Suddenly the projector stops on a single frame of a stilled arrow. You stare at the image of an arrow in mid-flight, something you obviously could not do at a real tournament. The pause in the film enables you to know the position of the arrow with great accuracy — it’s just beyond the grandstand, 20 feet above the ground. But you have lost all information about its momentum. It is going nowhere; its velocity is zero. Its path, its trajectory, is no longer known. It is uncertain. It soon becomes apparent that such uncertainty is actually built into the fabric of reality. This makes perfect sense from a biocentric perspective: Time is the animal sense that animates events — the still frames — of the spatial world. Everything you perceive — even this page — is actively and repeatedly being reconstructed inside your head in an organized whirl of information. Time can be defined as the summation of spatial states; the same thing measured with our scientific instruments is called momentum. The weaving together of these frames occurs in the mind. So what’s real? We confront a here-and-now. If the next “image” is different from the last, then it is different, period. We can award that change with the word “time” but that doesn’t mean there’s an actual invisible entity that forms a matrix or grid in which changes occur. That’s just our own way of making sense of things, our tool of perception. We watch our loved ones age and die, and assume an external entity called time is responsible for the crime.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here watch this Arthur Young part 1 on photons -- he explains how momentum is different for light since the speed doesn't change -- it's angular momentum.

www.youtube.com...

Then part II as I already posted -- breaks the mass down into length and time -- but what I do is take that back to the Law of Pythagoras - time should not be defined by speed as spatial distance! Rather time is pure Number but as complementary opposites. In nonwestern music theory time is noncommutative! -- So the ratio 2:3=3:4 as C to G is 2:3 while G to C is 3:4.

Hence the innate spiral nature of light -- what I call the "rainbow vortex of reality" -- you access this realm of light as the timeless vortex of the holographic universe through increasing the natural levels of the spirit molecule produced by the pineal gland -- '___'. It's called the "rainbow body of light" by the yogins -- a full body vortex from the serotonin of the lower body ionized via ultrasound meditation (inner ear) -- through the relaxation vagus nerve. Check out springforestqigong.com... for further details.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry that Robert Lanza link didn't work before -- here you go -- for the secrets of momentum and timeless vortex reality:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ed Leedskalnin had a goal like Dr Mallet but his was trying to win his love
in how he did it personally i think it has to do with magnetic waves , frequency, weight, and leverage combination just finding the right one and possible light ? as light is momentum ride the lightning sort of speak ? could it would it >?

( coming from memory)
I remember reading an article, or book that he was challenged by a distant neighbor of moving boulders big rocks to a different location and he told the neighbor to leave the truck with a flatbed were the boulders where and come back in a hour when the neighbor came back all of the rocks boulders were on the flat bed to his surprise no tools except for a tripod device that was covered the Neighbor observed the Rocks and
cracks or marks in the rocks nothing as he thought it was lifted with a chain

what live science talks about the Coral Castle
www.livescience.com...

the tour page
coralcastle.com...

snippit

Leedskalnin's workshop also contained chains, blocks and tackle and other items that one might find lying around a junkyard. Some items are missing, though. Photographs of Leedskalnin at work show three tripods, made of telephone poles, that have boxes attached to the top.

www.rense.com...

the tripod pic and someone trying to explain how he done it >? nice site to view
www.peter-thomson.co.uk...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Try out this model for the coral castle construction -- works for me:

www.leedskalnin.com...

www.keelynet.com...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
reply to post by Wolfenz

Try out this model for the coral castle construction -- works for me:

www.leedskalnin.com...

www.keelynet.com...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by drew hempel]

could very well be i can picture it in the box on the top of the tripod

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

That's crap, there are quite a few people that know you can accelerate a particle to the speed of light with lasers in a similar way that matter / information rotates around an event horizon. A spiral laser array of course.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The title of this article is a bunch of b/s. The light isn't bending anything in the way that light is bent when it travels past an object with a large mass. Stupid misleading science reporting again.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is confirming evidence of Gabriel LaFreniere's theory of light and matter.

Because matter is entirely composed of electromagnetic standing waves, it is MATTER that bends, not space.

This distortion of matter is what lead to the null result of the Michelson Morley experiment disproving the aether.

Lortentz was right, Einstein was wrong.

Its time for science to accept this.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

(Like I have said many times) You can use light to make a time machine. The real question is how. But ,fortunately for me, nobody knows. RATHER than me of course.

You can not use a massless particle/wave of energy to travel backwards in time. Scientists are already starting to understand that time as a fourth dimension is just hogwash. If one wants to time travel, then one needs to reverse entropy for the entire universe.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I found the article confusing myself. How exactly is it unexpected and a surprise that light would excite the nano-particles causing the negative charges to become more excitable and repel more strongly?

Personally, either the journalist is an idiot himself, or the scientists are dumb as hell if they truly were dumbfounded by something that flipping obvious.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

(Like I have said many times) You can use light to make a time machine. The real question is how. But ,fortunately for me, nobody knows. RATHER than me of course.

You can not use a massless particle/wave of energy to travel backwards in time. Scientists are already starting to understand that time as a fourth dimension is just hogwash. If one wants to time travel, then one needs to reverse entropy for the entire universe.

Good luck.

We are trying to time travel via closed timelike curve, by using light. No not in the way Mallet says it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Trying but not succeeding as it can't be done. We have the theory, but not the means to execute the idea behind it because time itself doesn't exist and not once have we ever pointed at a unit of time itself. You can't measure cycles and call it time my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join