It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Billion views for Lady Ga-Ga, Should the skeptics panic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

the world is quite large indeed!

I just ASSUMED that .com was mainly for americans and that the uk would use the .co.uk or whatever..

Are you saying that when you assume you make an ass out of uma thurman? Isn't that cute?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
reply to post by Wookiep

the world is quite large indeed!

I just ASSUMED that .com was mainly for americans and that the uk would use the .co.uk or whatever..

Are you saying that when you assume you make an ass out of uma thurman? Isn't that cute?

What?? I'm going to assume that you're quite young, and prolly live in Britan...I'll assume you were brought up to hate America/Americans.

I could go on and on about assumptions....but what I know for sure is that I don't find UMA Thurman all that attractive, but I'm not exactly sure what she has to do with anything.

PS: FYI, millions of people watch youtube videos everyday around the *world*.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I didn't even know who ladY gagA was until about 6 months ago, and I live in the U.S. and am only 27! I guess not watching the tube or listening to radio helps..

I don't think it has anything to do with mind control. I think people are just dumb, and easily conditioned. She's just the new pop wonder. Really no different from any other pop star, IMO.

I will say that I heard a few of her tunes on utube from before she put on the gaga persona, and man does she have some potential. She had some great, inspiring lyrics back in the day. What happened to her? Another sell out? I've only heard a few of her tunes (in gaga persona) , but didn't think much of it besides being trashy and, IMO, a bit retarded. Maybe I'm just not hip to pop, though.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i am a 27 year old american. I am also a web developer! So i should know more about this..

I just assumed most of the UK would want to avoid american sites. I know a lot of up and coming countries would probably use youtube and the more popular a country gets they would stop using youtube and use a similar site focused on their own country with videos in their own language.

Ofcourse i am assuming because i don't care to do research on this. It is interesting now that we are discussing it. I would actually love to the see the google analytics to youtube.com and see how many people from each country visit yotube.

Also with the UK thing, america is so much larger than the UK and we have so many more visitors to the site. Also americans are incredibly stupid and probably think it's funny that the boy is talking in a "funny" american "dialect" (being sarcastic).

The bible belt/ southern americans are the definition of stupid.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

i am a 27 year old american. I am also a web developer! So i should know more about this..

Wow!
That caught me off guard! No offense but for a 27 yr old developer you don't seem too informed.... (nice way of putting it.
)

I shouldn't have assumed anything. :/

The bible belt/ southern americans are the definition of stupid.

That's a bunch I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with..but I'd say they are prolly more ill-informed and sheltered from reality, other than "stupid". *shrug*

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Are you really THAT lazy?

Google retarded answer and get back to us would you?

Back on topic, those of you who wish to can Google Avril Lavigne's 'Girlfriend' song + video which shows how Youtube doesn't really meter proper viewing figures - Some fans of hers devised a refresher program which would refresh the page every 15 seconds and count as another view. users of this software were advised to keep it running in a spare window for as long as possible whilst studying, sleeping or out which eventually banked her most viewed video back in 08' (displacing evolution of dance)

For those of you who like to see well presented statements - click here for a good article on Avril's fans illicit practises.

YouTube has a history of false flagging, votebots and bias skewed statistics (Check out DprJones, VenomfangX and Thunderf00t for more details) and I very much doubt Lady Gaga got to number 1 in a legitimate fashion (very much like I doubt the 'Charts' reflected actual copies bought by fans and just showed copies bought by music producer to inflate public profile).

Finally, why should sceptics be scared of Lady Gaga's videos/music?

I'm completely clueless as to why some pop-art pretentious princess who perceives paranormal pandering as publicity power for the population of pick-knees who purchase her plastic packaging should make me post about panicking.

Please provide something that warrants that part of your threads title.

Cheers!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
hey i just use youtube and use the amazing search feature. I do not research which countries people come from to different sites, unless they are my own.

As you can see in the top 10 list, 7 of the videos probably were produced in america with 2 being south america and the #1 being the UK. I obviously knew people from other countries visit youtube.

I work mainly for US only based companies that would not need or want people from other countries viewing the sites because the companies can really only do business in america.

I am a firm believer in building websites for the world and not just one country, but it is difficult and time consuming. Ofcourse times are changing and more countries are catching up with america and looking into what we are doing.

What i am actually shocked at is seeing that there are no Chinese videos in the top 10. I know years ago there were, but it seems that they have gone to another site but i am not sure. I honestly don't care, lol.

Anyways we are both assuming way to much and i assume that i am tired and need to jump in bed. Good night and nice assuming with you!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Here I am, an old housewife and I like her, as do most of my friends that are also in their 40's and 50s.

She has "IT" and that's all their is to it.

She went to Catholic school and studied music at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. She's not totally with brain or talent, geez. I think she has plenty of both.

She's very intentionally combining fashion, music and video with art.
A lot of people don't understand a lot of modern art or performance artists.

A lot of us like it and appreciate it. Others just sense the "IT."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

Maybe she really is using mind control and subliminal messages and a whole bunch of other scary tactics

She's an alien and I can prove that:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e555c4a6d466.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b28a851e771.jpg[/atsimg]

I think she probably uses mind control in humans to make them buy her music. I mean, it's mind control, right? Because... if the people do it in their right mind... Well, I don't want to think the worst.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
Again, lest said entertainer gain any sort of misguided relevance "Alvin and the Chipmunks have as much musical credibility." Not to slight any woodland and or backyard rodents.
Hey now, watch the chipmunk hating... A friend of mine was actually one of the studio vocalists for a Chipmunks album a number of years ago. It's hard work being able to sing and enunciate so that the lyrics still carry through after all the pitch-shifting and effects.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephenwephentephen
Why do i think this...one simple reason, why else would the governments in every country panic so much and suddenly start to show an interest in the business, going as far as passing laws to make sure that anybody found filesharing "illegally" can be fined, sentanced to court hearings, prison sentances, etc...

does anyone else share my view or anything simalar? or even completely different...Let me know!
x
Why would the governments bow down to the record labels and movie studios? Because they have money!!! Sales == big bucks for the studios; big bucks for the studios == lobbying power in Washington; lobbying power in Washington means the studios can pretty much write their own laws. Until we can separate big business from the decision-making processes in Congress, this is going to keep happening. It doesn't take secret-societies, "All You Need is Cash".

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If youtube was around in the early 90's and as many people as now days had pc's i bet u 2pac, madonna, michael jackson, nirvana, guns n' roses etc. would all have billions of views within days.

Idk why this is so fascinating, prolly some dumb lil schoolgirls just sittin there all day listenin/watchin the same video hundreds of times, then multiply that by a billion of dumb little kids and voila, gaga has the most views.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The Uma Thurman thing confused me too! haha couldn't quite get my head around that statement. x

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yep, me too!!

I've waited 2 decades for a newcomer to replace Madonna as she's getting a bit stale IMO. I'm a huge fan still but I really appreciate GaGas talent and energy. She really reminds me a lot of new age modern Madonna.

And GaGa is HUGE in Australia. I think I've contributed quite a few of those utube "views" myself. And everyone I know types just youtube.com when going to utube. So those numbers are from a worldwide perspective. Still pretty impressive.

I think the last artist to have high numbers was Susan Boyle. And that was no where near a billion.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Whoever writes and produces her garbage is a genius of a writer and producer. I write and produce my own music and let me tell you, it is just about perfection as far as arrangement, panning, bass, synths and catchy, suggestive lyrics.

Edit: And I play death and black metal!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It appears she has bought her fame. Poor people never seem to get to the top of the pop music industry.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Whoever writes and produces her garbage is a genius of a writer and producer. I write and produce my own music and let me tell you, it is just about perfection as far as arrangement, panning, bass, synths and catchy, suggestive lyrics.

Edit: And I play death and black metal!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

could you tell me how you spell that death growl thing?
My kids listen to that stuff. I never thought I would be the guy to say, turn that crap down, but there it is. And I like metal.

Winger rocks!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Dude I can assure you that internet users in the UK use youtube on an everyday basis..... Including myself to watch those cartoons from when I was a kid like thundercats and he-man (sad... I know... And my fave Earthworm Jim (very funny)....

But as for lady(?) gag gag,
..... Literally just on the news... It has been announced that a lady ga ga inspired fashion range is about to hit our high street stores.... Heaven help us all

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
as for the ass out of uma thurman, i think stuart smiley used to say it a lot on SNL years ago. It is a well known term where i live.

I'm glad people from other countries use youtube. Whatever makes google more money, i am happy.

I agree, 2pac, madonna, nirvana and more would have millions upon millions.

Imagine the beatles on youtube. Most of there songs don't even have more than 4 million views... how sad!

Pink Floyd has more views than the Beatles! But that is okay with me, i love teh Pink Floyd and think they were more talented than the beatles.

Also, if she was an illuminati shill why would she put the signs out there and make it so obvious? That would be pretty stupid, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Personally I cant stand GaGa. Her music is annoying to me as well as her sense of image. She is talented I will give her that. She is everywhere so the numbers to me arent a surprise or part of any conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join