It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cost Of Defying Obamacare: $2,250 a Month And IRS Goons Pointing Guns At Your Family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that there are very few Obama worshipers on ATS lately?
The ones that are don't post anything worth reading...

Hmmmm I wonder if one of them is Andrew Wiggens..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

AND- a lot of them are new.

Employees at the White House?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Not wanting to start any kind of argument here....but it isn't THAT easy to leave this country and go live somewhere else...legally, anyways. Trust me, if it were easy, I would have bailed right after I saw that 9/11 was given to us courtesy of our "greatest in the world" gov'ment......

I was born in Texas and LOVE being who I am (an American...or maybe I should say Texan...wink) and it so greatly saddens me to see this country in the shape it is in. The reason I wanted to leave is because the writing is on the wall....and this is NOT the country I was born into and want to pledge MY allegiance to...I kinda LIKED the Constitution.....

no offense...but YOU try looking into "leaving the country" and see how easy it would be....(and I am talking the whole bag....getting the money to leave....finding a job in a different country and/or become a LEGAL citizen of said country)......ain't too easy, bub

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My guess is that he voted for "Social Justice",to use their terminology.

Sad to look to an unjust government for "justice".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
if the govt can force you to buy healthcare, they can force you to buy anything..(have you upgrade to digital tv?)

the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE will be enforcing the forced purchasing of private company health care or forced participation in govt sponsered healthcare. Why the IRS? I wonder how many people will go to jail because they refuse to be forced to buy healthcare or wont pay the fine for not having it? And you still have to PAY for healthcare coverage...So healthcare providers will now be forced to make new policies to cover people, how much will these new policies cost? what will your co-pay be for visits, how about all those new prescriptions they say you will need? Will vacinnes be manadorty if you are covered under one of the new policies?

Wait a minute..did I say prescriptions, did I say vacinnes??? hmmmmmmmm

for all those that are thinking..I'm gunna stop here and let that last statement sink in...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I heard on TV that was pulled from the bill before signing... ~ I dont know if it was, but I heard on TV that it was, I usually watch Joe in the morning.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My guess is that he voted for "Social Justice",to use their terminology.

Sad to look to an unjust government for "justice".

I want social justice too! I want equal opportunity for all. I wanted much of what Obama SAID he was for on the campaign trail. I'm old enough to know that they say whatever will get them elected. Once in office they have their own agendas which don't resemble the things they said to get them elected.
I don't hate Obama, I was glad we finally elected a minority as president. I think it made a great statement that America was finished with racism.
Democrat or Republican we pretty much want the same things. It's the parties that try to make us think we're so vastly different. The vast difference is in what the American people want versus what our government wants. I wanted change and hope and but this isn't it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
America is not the America that I love anymore. The IRS has shotguns and the people have a lot more. I see this ending in a lot of bloodshed on down the road.
People aren't just going to CONFORM to the governments every f**kin whim!!! This video was made in 2008 and the guy makes a good point. It's something to really seriously think about. He compares the holocaust to what is happening in America today, and he makes sense...

www.youtube.com...

The official Congress.org website has this to say if you don't but Health Insurance.

www.congress.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just goes to show, so far, our governemnt, and obama, are tyrants! They are engaging in tyranny, the very thing democracy fights against, and our country once stood for. Now, they have become the terrorists, and the attack is on us, the public and citizens of america.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is it possible that IRS agents are getting more weapons and training for the increasingly violent actions of the mentally unstable in our society. Those that shoot government agents in cold blood or fly planes into IRS buildings. Do you really think every thing they do is somehow related to health care reform?

By the way, Americans can opt out of purchasing health care. They are not required to buy it. Though, you will need to pay a $95 tax penalty starting in 2014. The tax penalty will increase in 2016 to $695 per person up to $2,085 per household; or 2.5 percent of household income. This is an annual tax, not a monthly tax.

Also, note there will be religious exemptions to the health insurance requirement. So, armed IRS agents aren't going to be kicking in the doors of the Amish or other religious groups.

These fear mongering articles are ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, Alex Jones Prison Planet is not the paragon of news, I have caught him in more disinformation than I can recount. Sometimes we make a drinking game of it and end up plastered by the end of the podcast.

I dont even earn 2500 a month, so I guess its off to the death camp for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe the Goverment is arming the IRS because many more people than originally thought, are going to be extremely pissed off when they hear about this new discovery thats in the bill...

Gap In Health Care Laws Protection For Children

Full protection for children would not come until 2014, said Kate Cyrul, a spokeswoman for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, another panel that authored the legislation. That's the same year when insurance companies could no longer deny coverage to any person on account of health problems.

www.google.com...

Those who voted for Obama..keep on defending that moron, he needs you..

[edit on 24-3-2010 by MissysWorld]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Actually didn't the IRS just purchase a bunch of shotguns a few weeks ago?

I'm trying to do a search for the news article, but I can't really put those kinds of things into the google search cache; as I'm at work and that would be a no no, even though it's a valid query.

Can someone else help me find it? I'm pretty sure this happened. Although, my recent posts have been the furthest thing from correct lately, and I'm willing to humbly acknowledge that. *crosses fingers*

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Here's the link:
www.fbo.gov...

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Slow down there turbo. I ain't gonna do anything to your God Obama. They choose to ignore the Constitution so I choose to ignore them. And I didn't say anything about America! I love my country more than you will ever know but my country is NOT the same as that government. And as for you being there, whatever blows your skirt up man. If that's a threat of some kind grow up. You are on a keyboard. You are not tough. Down with the FED! LONG LIVE USA!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
LOL IRS agents aren't allowed to be Armed!

Come again? IRS agents most certainly are allowed to be armed, depending on which department they work out of. Look up the Volstead Act that put prohibition in place, man. Elliot Ness worked under the banner of the IRS thanks to that act. He and his prohibitioners were most certainly armed to the teeth and, in addition, had full jurisdictional control over federal, state, and local law enforcement when called upon.

Ness' prohibition agent division became the IRS Criminal Investigation Unit, which to this day retains the same powers as they had when Ness was around. They are fully armed and have the ability to commandeer local law enforcement SWAT units when needed.

Realize the fact that this bill falls under the IRS' list of responsibilities to oversee speaks VOLUMES about the bill itself. Throughout the 20th century, the federal government criminalized it's citizens largely via the IRS. For example, it was far easier for them to convict Al Capone over a tax evasion charge than it was to nail him for his other crimes... less evidence was needed and, in direct unspoken violation of the US Constitution, when tax evasion charges are brought against you, the onus is on the defendant to prove themselves rather than on the prosecution to prove their case (in other words, you're considered guilty until you prove your innocence). Capone, Gotti, many crime bosses' ultimate downfall has been via the IRS. (and believe me, none of them would have been caught if the IRS and/or their comanddered LEOs hadn't been armed at the time of their capture)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Elliot Ness worked for the U.S. Treasury Department The IRS is a subdivision of the Treasury. Elliot Ness did not work for the IRS but the Treasury. There is a difference.

But that is besides the point. Look at the source material. Does the source material say anything about combat training IRS agents? No it doesn't.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

When the Volstead act was first passed, the Bureau of Prhobition was an entity within the IRS.
en.wikipedia.org...
As was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
en.wikipedia.org...
(Thus why my hillbilly ancestors called them "revenuers" when they tried to stop the moonshine runs and bust up homebrew stills on private property.)

I was not debating your point on whether the cited document demonstrated any truth to the infowars/prisonplanet article. (In fact, truth be told, I have openly stated that I do not consider Alex Jones or his websites to be credible in any way.) I was merely saying that your statement that IRS agents aren't allowed to be armed is not accurate.

If history serves and if this bill is not repealed quickly, I have little doubt that we will see a spin-off "Bureau of Health Insurance Enforcement" agency emerge from under the IRS in the coming years. I do not believe that we will see armed enforcement of this bill until 4 or 5 years down the road, but (again, if it is allowed to stand, disgraceful and unthinkable as that would be) eventually we will have situations where agents take property and freedom by force in response to Americans who refuse to bend over and take this.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

There it comes out again, do not attack the message, attack the messenger.

C'mon wuk, I provided one link to prove the guns are being purchased. How bout you try to find the training?

Or would you just deny that also?

You are attacking the messenger, how bout you find some evidence the message is false instead of complaining?

[edit on 3/24/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
But insurance plans only cost like 100$ a month...

So you're telling me when this bill is put into law that EVERYONE who has or wants a healthcare plan MUST pay a MINIMUM of 2000$??

I don't believe this story.. sorry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join