It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People against Obamacare, Stop!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You people against Obamacare are not looking very intelligent right now. I always see the "Our government did this with a lot of peoples disliking! Therefore it's illegal and against the Bill Of Rights!"

What I think most people against it don't realize, is that there was another side. People who liked it.

OBVIOUSLY people who wanted it, outnumbered the people who disliked it.

Stop the nonsense people who dislike it! Get some new and real reasons why you lost!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Tom_Proctor]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You're right, Tom..... what was I thinking?

I'll just stop. Stop questioning, stop complaining, stop worrying.

The uninsured citizen should have been provided a mechanism that is affordable. Reasonable health care insurance should be available for every citizen. Those that pay in, get something back, even if it is betting against yourself (insurance). Those that are unable to contribute, should be given a hand up.

I don't see how equalizing all facets of government-mandated insurance (except for those promulgating the changes, of course), improves it in any appreciable way above the services already available.

If that is true -- and frankly, I'm hoping it isn't -- then why is the U.S. earmarking such a collosal amount of money toward it?

Rather than costly tweaks of the system after initialized, why not wait until it's a document that the majority of the nation supports?

What's the rush?

Okay, I'll just stop now.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Took you two edits to say all.

Last I checked people had the right to free speech no matter which side they are on.

Stop the nonsense indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

Not exactly true... which is what the uproar is about; our representatives, those who we all elected to speak for us, chose instead to speak for a small minority.

Also, an other major factor as to why we are fighting this is that the Health Care Bill does go against the Constitution, in that the government can now fine us with tax penalties if we choose not to get insurance, meaning... 1)we have no choice, 2) we are forced to get something we may not want, 3) we're fined if we don't.

How would you like it if you were forced to pay for something you didn't want? Doesn't have to be insurance, it could be something as mundane and trivial as a new truck; you may prefer a small car, but you are told to buy a truck, or pay the penalty.

[edit here]

And so I am not labeled as a liar...

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone poll, taken Friday and Saturday nights, shows that 41% of likely voters favor the health care plan. Fifty-four percent (54%) are opposed. These figures have barely budged in recent months.

This was taken from this site... Rasmussen Report

[edit on 2010/3/23 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What I am seeing happening is that a lot of people, not exclusively ATS, but definitely included, have not done the necessary research to rush out there and make the claim that "America is dead!!!" Still that is beside the point....the OP might be talking about all the threads.

There are so many threads on ATS in regards to this that its kind of become ridiculous. You all can't even keep it to one thread.....Five at the most. I thought the mods killed duplicate threads?? I have seen multiple threads being shut down, and multiple ATS users bitching to users who don't use the google feature and create duplicates....well peeps, there are probably close to 20 threads talking about the same thing....you hate Obamacare....we get it...and get it...and get it...and...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That's fine, but I don't want to hear you complaining the next time the government forces you to do something against your will. Don't expect any of us to defend your right to self-determination.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Multiple threads always seem to, well... multiply. The mods are usually in agreement that, if a similar thread has some new twist or perspective, it's alright; however, this ruling also seems to vary quite a bit, depending on which forum it is located in.

Myself, I don't mind saying the same stuff over and over and over again; eventually, someone is going to realize that the facts and numbers don't change, no matter how many different ways things are stated.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread about the same subject...I hope the mods don't mind my clip and paste...

You know it kills me...all you people that think this bill is so great...Don't you see that this is an infringement of your basic FREEDOM. The car insurance argument is weak as well. You are not forced to buy a car, thus requiring insurance. Ultimately, why not have socialized grocery's? I mean c'mon, if they can require us to have health insurance, where does this stop. They can make sure we are all healthy subjects/slaves if they force us to eat right too, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good idea for a person to have health insurance, but not at the cost of giving up freedom. And I would be the first to agree that if you get sick or injured and do not have insurance you shouldn't have the right to EXPECT others to pay for it. I would almost have supported something where they would have came after people who got medical care and had no insurance and made them pay. Note I said almost...Because I believe the medical system in this country is indeed broken and is not affordable for the average person.

We need a lot of health care reform, in major ways...But this bill was not the answer.

Don't people care about freedom any more. I keep thinking of the saying, "those that give up there freedom for security will have neither"...So many people in this country seem to want to be come subjects of rulers...I choose freedom...As a great man once said, give me liberty or give me death!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ignorant? I actually don't like either side I think they are on the same team and secretly bend each other over ever night for pleasure while plotting the demise of the common man.

Look at this way if they wanted to make the economy better they would and if they actually wanted health care to be better they would but they did not do it with this bill and it will do nothing to solve the problems. It is about one thing and that is power. And with power comes money and with money comes control.

So in reality you have lost also but you just don't see it because you have bought into the lie. You might wake up you might not I really don't care anymore.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What I think most people against it don't realize, is that there was another side. People who liked it.

Heck that argument can be made for a lot of things. Slavery, genocide, sexual abuse, etc. etc.

Sure most people hate those things, but let's not forget the group that loves them so we just have to cater to their desires too.

Just because there are a group of people that like something, doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You people against Obamacare are not looking very intelligent right now. I always see the "Our government did this with a lot of peoples disliking! Therefore it's illegal and against the Bill Of Rights!"

Stop the nonsense people who dislike it! Get some new and real reasons why you lost!

I will never give up. The majority of people did not want this and our "representatives" voted for it anyway.

You realize you will have more taxes, 17k more IRS agents, fines, and this will kill small business?

I'm going to assume you have not read this bill.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The representatives you voted for, chose Obamacare.

All I'm asking is that the "They voted against the people of America" line goes away. There's another side that won, and it wasn't yours.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who liked it and who didn't. The US Constitution forbids involuntary servitude unless one is convicted of a crime (13th Amendment). Forcing someone to do something against their will under threat of fine or imprisonment is involuntary servitude. A person has to use money they earn to pay for this insurance by force of law. This law is going down.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

It doesn't matter who liked it and who didn't. The US Constitution forbids involuntary servitude unless one is convicted of a crime (13th Amendment). Forcing someone to do something against their will under threat of fine or imprisonment is involuntary servitude. A person has to use money they earn to pay for this insurance by force of law. This law is going down.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Fromabove]

Then leave the country, go to a country that doesn't give you free healthcare. Good luck finding one that isn't a poor third world country.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

"Leave the country"...That is starting to sound more and more attractive. And you know its funny those third world nations, even the ones with dictators sometimes have an incredible amount of freedom with their day to day lives...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

Why bother leaving? At the rate we're going, we're going to be a bankrupt, third world banana republic within a decade or two anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wow shows how much you really know about what you are preaching! Exactly what part of this health care bill offers free health care? Better get your facts straight bud.

link   

Okay that's it. Have you read the bill? At all?

You do realize this does not provide a public/free option? Even if a public option were offered it would not be free, none of them in the world are. The public option was dropped months ago from the bill.

If you actually read the bill there are some decent steps in the right direction, unfortunately they're completely outweighed by the increase in taxes and downright screwing over of small businesses and poor, but not poor enough people.

link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Of course he hasn't read the bill... I haven't heard one good thing from an average person who has read this bill.

99% of the people who have read this bill said it scared them more than anything.

Wake up people this is not going to fix anything at all and now I HAVE TO HAVE HEALTH ISSURANCE AND IF I DON'T I COULD FACE FINES!!!! AWESOME!!! ANOTHER THING I GET TO PAY FOR AND NOT EVER USE!!!

Wasn't New Hampshire the test subject for this and now there is something like a 40 something day wait to see a doctor... HMMM

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We are not going to stop. But increase our efforts. Until we beat this bill back into the ground and all who signed on to it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join