It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bible Bashers, Christian child abuse?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lightningz

Even if i upload it you all will just thow stones or call the cops drug addits.

grow up man, if a cop is willing to make an official statement declaring he witnessed an angel hanging out with the victim of an RTA I'm sure ATSers if all people could verify whether the report is genuine.

So yes please provide the police officers testimony as to witnessing an angel, I promise not to laugh.

Dude in the interest of promoting courtesy would you be kind enough to to enlighten us as to the type of injury you incurred in the accident.

I'm not trying to be clever or disrespectful but you refuse to answer the other poster in relation to your first language so perhaps you received a head injury ?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TELEX

Even if i upload it you all will just thow stones or call the cops drug addits.

grow up man, if a cop is willing to make an official statement declaring he witnessed an angel hanging out with the victim of an RTA I'm sure ATSers if all people could verify whether the report is genuine.

So yes please provide the police officers testimony as to witnessing an angel, I promise not to laugh.

Dude in the interest of promoting courtesy would you be kind enough to to enlighten us as to the type of injury you incurred in the accident.

I'm not trying to be clever or disrespectful but you refuse to answer the other poster in relation to your first language so perhaps you received a head injury ?

Well I did tell him my first language. Its some what a dead language. So I use english mostly. As for my report being verify well thats easy. Theres over a million reports on the web and video about this kind of thing. One more will not do a thing. But like I said over 5 times now i am doing my own topic on it. After I clean my report up doc and links will be included. It's very long so it will take time. I will even ask the cops to post but all the prof in the world will not make someone beleave a thing. People will think what they what to they have for millions of years. The only thing that will make people beleave is if god does what they what when they what it and thats not how he works. now as for my replys they are not for the none fellowers of god. its mostly testamony to inpove there understanding. I can care less what others think due to the fact i know what happen and thats all there is to it. demanding it right here right now is pigest of you. But as for reply to any other statemants from none fellows I will not do it if you wht to be a sheep thats you.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

who forced them preach? i did not see anyone holding a gun to there heads i watch the full video.

Are you serious? You think the only way to force a 7 year old to do something is with a gun to their head? I suggest you do some research on child rape. You will find an alarmingly small instances of guns or any weapons at all being used.

Dude rape does not force a kid to do anything but report the crime. i know this due to the fact my father raped me. Don't say something you know nothing about its retarded.

and if they keep the books word and not add to it i see no problem with them preaching at all.

Even though they do not understand what they are preaching? What good is it doing them to get them to repeat things that they do not understand?

Are you them do you know what they know? if so where you get that superpower? and where can i get it?

i find alot of hope in god. I don't think anyone will burn forever. due to the bible talks about resetting life and telling people in the end days theres always hope. see if they keep the word and gods real if you can't blame them and they save people then would that mean they get no credit due to there age as you call it?

I am not saying that god gives kids more or less credit but we all accept as a society that children are not fully in control of themselves. This is why we have age appropriate laws. Either you agree they should all be repealed or you have to admit that children may not be ready to do everything an adult should do. "I dont know, ask my dad" does not tell you something? He does not even know why he is doing it so you cannot tell me it was his choice. You can also not tell me that it is doing him any good when he has no clue why he is doing something he does not understand. I can point out examples of how brainwashing and fame can be detrimental to children though. See how that all works out?

society is not god and saying you know something when you base it on something not fully unstanded. sorry not knowing how to formate it right

[edit on 27-3-2010 by lightningz]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Can anyone validate that Scientist know more about creation than Hebrew scholars?

Yes. Yes we can.

Certain obscure epistemological concerns aside, we have quantifiably more knowledge about the world today than we did two thousand years ago.

And can you make a conscious decision not to believe this, due to a cognitive bias which prevents you from accepting information which fails to mesh with your existing worldview?

Again, yes.

One side has performed empirical study, controlled experimentation, which has led to reproducible conclusions about initially falsifiable hypotheses.

The other has not.

Science has evidence beyond texts authored by scientists.

Religion (any religion-- not just yours) does not.

What do you say to the Zoroastrians, the Scientologists, the Norse and Greco-Roman Pagans, and the adherents of the hundreds of other major faiths in history who insist that their myths are true, that their Gods have given them direct and incontrovertible revelation?

You see no evidence for their beliefs, do you? When they tell you they have the complete and perfect truth, they sound unreasonable, don't they?

Well, to anyone who doesn't believe as you do, the same is true of your faith.

On the other hand, science is not a matter of faith, or accepting beliefs without testing them first. Science is the discarding of faith, and the endeavor to construct an accurate and meaningful worldview based not on revelation but on observable fact. Scientists have no holy book. Scientists do not indoctrinate, they learn, and they relearn as theories are modified with new evidence and experimentation. Scientists accept truth and reject falsehood, and acknowledge that the boundary between the two changes as new evidence about the world is gathered. If you feel that a theory or accepted concept in science is wrong, become a scientist. Perform an experiment, under controlled conditions, which demonstrates a flaw in an existing hypothesis, theory, or law. Anyone is welcome and able do to this, so long as they are sufficiently trained to grasp the concepts necessary to the performance of the experiment in question.

Religion does not accept a movable boundary between what is known and what is unknown. To the religious fundamentalist, new advances in scientific understanding are lies, only distractions from the complete and unalterable truth of scripture. Evolution? Nope. An Earth older than six thousand years? Nope. If it's not in the Bible, it's simply not true. To the Fundamentalist, no experiment can add to or subtract from the letter of scripture. Any experiment, no matter how consistently reproducible, which appears to contravene some obscure sentence in some specific translation of the Bible, is to be either denounced as the work of the Devil or completely ignored.

Of course, the Bible you read has been edited. It has been censored, translated, retranslated, recensored, and translated again. Read about the Council of Nicea. Read about King James and his scribes. Read about the history of the editing of this text which you insist cannot be edited, which you insist contains (now, after two thousand years of editing, translation, and censorship) the directly revealed and completely infallible word of God.

How can you fail to see the ridiculousness in this? Do you really believe that God spoke to King James, or the patron of whatever edition of the Bible you happen to prefer? Have you no concept of human motivations?

With the sort of mindset you have, there is nothing that could be done to make you see reason; any attempt to defy what you see as the unalterable truth of the letter of the Bible would be rejected as the trickery of Satan, or simply ignored.

But just because your beliefs are immune to reason does not mean that they are infallibly reasonable.

Science is not your enemy. It does not exist to deny the Christian faith. It is an effort to understand the Universe about which you claim to already have all the answers. The difference is in our methods. You read a book, written by many men with many motives over the course of many years. We go out and test things for ourselves, in ways that other people can reproduce. If our initial ideas are proven incorrect, we accept this, and view the new information as an improvement; we do not lash out in anger at a world which dares defy our beliefs.

Saying "science is wrong" (or something to that effect) shows a total lack of understanding about what 'science' means.

Go out and learn about some of these scientific concepts for yourself. Don't just listen to what your preacher says about them.

Consider that new facts about the world have been discovered in the past two thousand years.

Please.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

So, shouldn't you be taking your fight to the Hebrews instead of the Christians?

Science is only an observation of what is. Nothing more.
Science has created nothing. Period.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ugggh...double post....

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You mean apart from the computer you use to type posts like that?

What about:

- light bulps
- electricity
- transportation: cars, airplanes, trains
- cures against disease

I'd argue that instead of "nothing", science created pretty much everything you see around you, unless you live in the woods (and walked there, since the car was invented through science).

So yeah, your posts is pretty arrogant. Science has invented more things around you than your religion...and no, God didn't invent the computer you use to post as a means to spread his words

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightningz

Dude rape does not force a kid to do anything but report the crime. i know this due to the fact my father raped me. Don't say something you know nothing about its retarded.

Is that even a real response?????????

You are kind of forgetting the most important thing that rape forces a kid to do.

HAVE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what the word rape means? It is forcible sexual contact!

Rape is the very act of forcing someone to HAVE SEX.

Raping a child forces them to have sex.

Nothing forces them to report jack. Many of them never report a damn thing.

Please try again.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You mean apart from the computer you use to type posts like that?

What about:

- light bulps
- electricity
- transportation: cars, airplanes, trains
- cures against disease

I'd argue that instead of "nothing", science created pretty much everything you see around you, unless you live in the woods (and walked there, since the car was invented through science).

So yeah, your posts is pretty arrogant. Science has invented more things around you than your religion...and no, God didn't invent the computer you use to post as a means to spread his words

Very, very weak experiment proving scientific creation. FAIL
Crap I have even built computers and I ain' t no scientist.
They were engineered , Not created.
Wire glass and gas for bulbs. All manufactured from natural materials not created.
Lightening, NOT created by science.
Freekin Pterosaurs could fly 90,000,000 years ago. What took the Wright Bro's. so long? Were they scientists? Crap no bicycle makers..
Cars and trains were engineered too, Not created.
Science has never created DNA or RNA they might engineer it that's all.
There is not one thing you mention that wasn't right here on the planet all ready to manipulate.
How did all that good stuff get here? And prove it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So physics, engineering, biology, and medicine aren't fields of science according to you? All those universities must be wrong then, right?

And you built your own computer, congratulations! That's like playing with Lego. You can't honestly compare that with the guy who developed the processor itself through difficult computer models, chemistry, and engineering?

Do you walk around in this world, point at a table and tell yourself "God made that"...then walk a bit further and point at the TV and say "God made that too"?

How did all that good stuff get here? And prove it.

LOL, right back at you! No one can answer that question at this time because we have no definitive proof of anything. I am humble enough to admit I don't know...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Even though you called me retarded, I am going to try and see if we can fix this because the language barrier is causing huge problems that you apparently do not see.

You said these kids are not being forced because there is no gun.

You think I said rape forces people to do something.

That is NOT what I said.

I said that rape is an act of force that is often carried out with NO GUNS.

Therefore, just because you do not see a gun does not mean there is no act of force going on.

Understand?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And your grandmother was correct in her beliefs - and no one is "hating" another or on another - but don't try and convince me that I have to accept homosexuality in society because you feel it promotes hate.

And nowhere am I "bashing" homosexuals - but I AM bashing the homosexual lifestyle aka sin.

I don't have to accept the lifestyle, nor it being paraded in front of me, OR my children - in school or not - changing man's laws will not change God's laws.

God's laws also say to stone children if they talk back to you or that selling your daughter into slavery is perfectly alright. Would you accept these laws for your children? Would you stone your children if they sass you? Or pimp your daughter out? Again, I'm suggesting you shouldn't cherry pick your morals and ethics from the bible and claim its the word of God and completely infallible. I'm suggesting that if you are going to pick a few morals from the bible or the church, why not pick the ones that actually benefit others. Charity, compassion, pacifism, or even caring for the sick or meek. Those will benefit you and your children more so than "2000 years ago some guy had some hang ups over men sleeping with each other so we should have the same hang ups regarding it today. Even though its been going on as long as we've been on this earth and its in nature, born from nature, and therefore completely natural".

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Please try and follow along.

You said that these kids are not being forced because you do not see a gun.

I said that rape is FORCED SEX that is USUALLY DONE WITH NO GUN.

Rape is force!!!!!!!

The sex is forced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what RAPE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you said these kids must not be being forced because there is no gun. How do you explain forced sex with no gun then?

A knife?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by iamoverrated]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamoverrated

A knife?

According to him, a knife would not count either. He said specifically that the children are not being forced because he does not see a gun to their head. I guess a gun off camera would not matter any more than a knife. The only way to know a child is being forced to do something is if there is a visible gun to their head. I guess???

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I was being facetious. There are plenty of ways to force children, if they're young enough telling them "GOD WILL KILL A KITTEN IF YOU DO / DON'T DO THIS!" is technically forcing them. You're indoctrinating them into a belief system that can have some serious long term effects. If you teach your kids that homosexuality is wrong, fine, its you're belief and its not hurting the kid (some could argue otherwise I'll take the high road and say no) HOWEVER if you teach your kids that having a "good ol' fashion fag drag" is the proper way to deal with homosexuals then you're setting them up on a dangerous path, one that could end up in tragedy. Force comes in more flavors than Baskin Robins could serve on a hot summer day. Saying it only comes from the barrel of a gun is not only ignorant but borderline silly.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
LOL do you know what your saying?
I am done find your own way thats the only way your get it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

"LOL, right back at you! No one can answer that question at this time because we have no definitive proof of anything. I am humble enough to admit I don't know... "

Please make the above your signature.

If this is true then leave those decent American children alone and go invent something .

They are no threat to you or anyone except a Communist I suppose.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamoverrated
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I was being facetious. There are plenty of ways to force children, if they're young enough telling them "GOD WILL KILL A KITTEN IF YOU DO / DON'T DO THIS!" is technically forcing them. You're indoctrinating them into a belief system that can have some serious long term effects. If you teach your kids that homosexuality is wrong, fine, its you're belief and its not hurting the kid (some could argue otherwise I'll take the high road and say no) HOWEVER if you teach your kids that having a "good ol' fashion fag drag" is the proper way to deal with homosexuals then you're setting them up on a dangerous path, one that could end up in tragedy. Force comes in more flavors than Baskin Robins could serve on a hot summer day. Saying it only comes from the barrel of a gun is not only ignorant but borderline silly.

I know you were. I think you need to explain that to lightningz. I appreciate your answer but you are just agreeing with what I have been trying to say. Perhaps you can help make someone else understand that you do not need a gun to force children to do anything. Apparently I am totally full of crap. So far I have learned that you can only force children with the use of a gun and rape is not forced sex. Awesome.

Maybe you can help this person out since you seem to know exactly what I am saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iamoverrated

"God's laws also say to stone children if they talk back to you or that selling your daughter into slavery is perfectly alright. Would you accept these laws for your children? Would you stone your children if they sass you? Or pimp your daughter out? Again, I'm suggesting you shouldn't cherry pick your morals and ethics from the bible and claim its the word of God and completely infallible. "

These are HEBREW writings. Get real.

Get it into your head that GOD-- spelt G_D by Jewish folks and CREATION are their's and their's alone.

Christians invented the cure to this crap.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightningz
LOL do you know what your saying?
I am done find your own way thats the only way your get it.

If you spoke English, made sense, put up at least one thing that made any kind of logical sense in any language whatsoever, could read English, got anything even remotely correct, then this might mean something.

I was truly willing to accept the fact that you were not as retarded as you said that I was and were just having a hard time understanding what you were reading. I guess arrogance is so strong that even knowing you do not handle English well does not stop you from telling people like me we are retarded because you have no clue what is going on.

Awesome.

Call me retarded some more. At least you got out a complete sentence.

Please go learn what Rape and Force mean. Get back to us after a few English or Humility lessons.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join